Author Topic: tribulus..  (Read 9430 times)

spirospros

• Getbig II
  • train to be your best
tribulus..
« on: January 08, 2007, 12:52:59 PM »
hi guys..........im wondering if any of you have ever used tribulus vitalife....is it good...for natyral raising testosterone after steroids phase;;
thanks a lot

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: tribulus..
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 03:04:06 PM »
dont think it actually raises test

dan d once said it might increase the amount of free test in ones system by binding to the test binding proteins..

in anycase...

..dunno what it does..BUT

your after about a week of taking it..your girl will thank ya. 

and thats personal experience..

however google "tribestan" and buy that...
carpe` vaginum!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 03:14:23 PM »
hi guys..........im wondering if any of you have ever used tribulus vitalife....is it good...for natyral raising testosterone after steroids phase;;
thanks a lot

To my knowledge, there has yet to be a single independant study supporting the effacacy of tribulus as a muscle building supplement.  In the one study of which I am aware, the conclusion was that the supplement does not assist in the development of muscular tissue (although that study has been criticized by some on this board based on the dosage involved in the test group).

In my opinion, absent scientific validation, such as exists with creatine, there are probably better places/supplements for your money to be spent.

I'm sure others will disagree.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 03:18:51 PM »
To my knowledge, there has yet to be a single independant study supporting the effacacy of tribulus as a muscle building supplement.  In the one study of which I am aware, the conclusion was that the supplement does not assist in the development of muscular tissue (although that study has been criticized by some on this board based on the dosage involved in the test group).

In my opinion, absent scientific validation, such as exists with creatine, there are probably better places/supplements for your money to be spent.

Considering that Trib isn't that expensive, I'd say it's worth a try. As I stated on another thread, I use Ultimate Nutrition's Tribulus Terrestris, which is usually $25 or less. The most recent bottle I got cost me $18.

I was one of the guys criticizing the study you posted. In that study, the "large dose" of Trib was 1.5 mg per pound of bodyweight. Again, that's 300 mg for a 200-lb guy (that's little more than a third of an Ultimate Nutrition Tribulus capsule).  Those who've reaped results with Tribulus tend to use FAR MORE than that. I use 1500 mg of it; another fellow who commented on this used even more than that.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 05:06:01 PM »
Considering that Trib isn't that expensive, I'd say it's worth a try. As I stated on another thread, I use Ultimate Nutrition's Tribulus Terrestris, which is usually $25 or less. The most recent bottle I got cost me $18.

I was one of the guys criticizing the study you posted. In that study, the "large dose" of Trib was 1.5 mg per pound of bodyweight. Again, that's 300 mg for a 200-lb guy (that's little more than a third of an Ultimate Nutrition Tribulus capsule).  Those who've reaped results with Tribulus tend to use FAR MORE than that. I use 1500 mg of it; another fellow who commented on this used even more than that.

I understand and respect your take and the comment on the dosage is valid (we both await the study which uses a higher amount, I'm sure).  The point remains that there is no scientific support for the use of this supplement, only anecdotal.

$18 isn't much in isolation, but combined with the cost of numerous other supplements (not to mention the tremendous amount of food which I consume) I am forced to prioritize.  Until the study comes out which demonstrates it works, and is not a placebo (or even detrimental?), tribulus falls far down on the list of priorities.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 06:06:54 PM »
I understand and respect your take and the comment on the dosage is valid (we both await the study which uses a higher amount, I'm sure).  The point remains that there is no scientific support for the use of this supplement, only anecdotal.

$18 isn't much in isolation, but combined with the cost of numerous other supplements (not to mention the tremendous amount of food which I consume) I am forced to prioritize.  Until the study comes out which demonstrates it works, and is not a placebo (or even detrimental?), tribulus falls far down on the list of priorities.

I definitely understand that. When it comes to supplements, my top priority is always caloric-based supplements. Until about 18 month ago, weight gainers were the one constant in my supplemental regime. Since I've learned (the hard way) that I no longer need them or don't need them as much, the emphasis has shifted to protein powders and MRPs. Getting supplements like these cheap frees up money for other supplements like Trib.

A bottle of Ultimate Nutrition's Trib lasts me about 2 1/2 months, as I take it on the days I train, which is four times per week. I also use it with ALC, Vitamin C, and NAC (as I mentioned on another thread, 'Testosterone Boosters').

- Two caps of Ultimate Nutrition Tribulus, 750 mg : a bottle costs $25 (or less, depending on discounts; again, I got it for $18).
- Two caps of GNC ALC w/alpha lipoic acid, 500 mg ALC, 200 mg ALA : a bottle costs $22 (which is cheaper than GNC ALC capsules at $35).
- Two caps of Vitamin C, 500 mg : any store brand will do, usually around $5-$7.
- One cap of GNC NAC, 600 mg : a bottle costs $13.

That's less than $70 for those four products (even less, if you get the GNC discount) and should last you for at least two months.

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 07:08:41 PM »
...least i know how the supp companys stay in business now  ;)

do u have a better physique than steve reeves yet?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 08:09:48 PM »
...least i know how the supp companys stay in business now  ;)

do u have a better physique than steve reeves yet?

My wife thinks so.

;D

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 02:20:01 AM »
you might aswell eat dandelions if you are spending money on this stuff, seriously  ???

Tribulus is a crappy little weed that is even regulated by the government in some states because of its useless/invasive properties.

If you want to get bigger then eat more steak.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 10:06:45 AM »
thanks a lot

I know of a few educated "juicers" who use trib when coming off a cycle until their nuts kick back in & start producing test again.

I've been using Optimum Nutrition's Tribulus 625 caps for less than a week, but have already noticed a slight increase in some of my presses.
Really too early to tell anything significant in the way of strength & especially size gains.

After about another week, I'll start substituting the one ON cap (u take 2 daily) with an ABB Tribulus Shot on training days.
I have found that ABB and ON are two extremely reliable manufacturers, not surprisingly owned by the same parent company.

ON1

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 09:06:58 AM »
I know of a few educated "juicers" who use trib when coming off a cycle until their nuts kick back in & start producing test again.

I've been using Optimum Nutrition's Tribulus 625 caps for less than a week, but have already noticed a slight increase in some of my presses.
Really too early to tell anything significant in the way of strength & especially size gains.

After about another week, I'll start substituting the one ON cap (u take 2 daily) with an ABB Tribulus Shot on training days.
I have found that ABB and ON are two extremely reliable manufacturers, not surprisingly owned by the same parent company.

Thanks for your support of our brands!
Jay

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 11:02:17 AM »

I hear you. I love scientific facts, but at the same time, I try to remember that every case study has it's flaws, i.e. biases, omitted information, discrepancies in testing patterns, etc.

There is even still some controversy over whether or not Testosterone helps build muscle.
Several of my friends compete at national and pro levels, and not one of them has ever said that increased Test has proven useless for their goals. Those injections only helped!

Researching is smart, but don’t forget to look outside the confines of the lab. REAL WORLD RESULTS are important, too. Never dismiss information merely because it is anecdotal.

Here are some Tribulus facts and how it has been used over the years:
http://www.nutros.com/nsr-02016.html

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 10:57:34 PM »
I take Optimum Nutrition's Tribulus 625 as well. I take 6 a day and notice a difference in helping me maintain my size. I have run cycles in the past but have been clean for about 6 months. Thanks to tribulus, eating right, and staying hardcore with the training, I have been able to maintain a majority of my mass. I really like the Diesel Test brand, but it is about 4 times the cost of the Optimum brand.
If you are under 25, I wouldn't recommend taking them as you have naturally high test levels, but for those over 25 (I'm 34), I recommend it.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 10:44:52 AM »
I hear you. I love scientific facts, but at the same time, I try to remember that every case study has it's flaws, i.e. biases, omitted information, discrepancies in testing patterns, etc.

There is even still some controversy over whether or not Testosterone helps build muscle.
Several of my friends compete at national and pro levels, and not one of them has ever said that increased Test has proven useless for their goals. Those injections only helped!

Researching is smart, but don’t forget to look outside the confines of the lab. REAL WORLD RESULTS are important, too. Never dismiss information merely because it is anecdotal.

Here are some Tribulus facts and how it has been used over the years:
http://www.nutros.com/nsr-02016.html

Very nice link.  Thanks.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 12:47:45 PM »
No prob. ;)
I wish I had more details on the specific dosages the Eastern Europeans used.
I'll research it when I have more time and post any findings here.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 08:11:29 PM »
I used 4 caps (1500mgs) of Ultimate Nutrition's Bulgarian Tribulus for the Mountaineer per day .  Restored my very low test levels and I was able to train much harder and much heavier.  Did get some pimple on top of my head but some Oxy 10 cleared it up well.

A

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 08:45:14 AM »
Trib user Vince G.

moral of the story? save your money and eat a chicken breast!
footloose and fancy free

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 09:20:17 AM »
Trib user Vince G.

moral of the story? save your money and eat a chicken breast!

I agree with the chicken breast and not spending $ on tribulus.  The rest of the post is a bit harsh, don't you think?

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 10:08:39 AM »
I agree with the chicken breast and not spending $ on tribulus.  The rest of the post is a bit harsh, don't you think?

Not at all..vince g is a good sport about things like that...
footloose and fancy free

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 10:18:37 AM »

Not at all..vince g is a good sport about things like that...

I should have figured.  I like to bust on friends as well.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 01:48:35 PM »
I take Optimum Nutrition's Tribulus 625 as well. I take 6 a day and notice a difference in helping me maintain my size. I have run cycles in the past but have been clean for about 6 months. Thanks to tribulus, eating right, and staying hardcore with the training, I have been able to maintain a majority of my mass.

6 x 625 = 3750mg
If you don't mind...
Over how many doses do you take that amount throughout the day?
What's your weight?

Just trying to gather info.
Thanks!

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 01:50:17 PM »
......i took some trib aaaaaaages back and one type i didnt get ANY effect , this was the cheaper of the 2 , took another lot which was more expensive and i was as horny as fuck.....was it the trib? maybe?

but id rather focus on diet improvement than spending money on somthing that should come naturally anyways from a healthy diet.

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 08:15:06 AM »
6 x 625 = 3750mg
If you don't mind...
Over how many doses do you take that amount throughout the day?
What's your weight?

Just trying to gather info.
Thanks!

2 first thing in the morning. 2 at lunch, and 2 at dinner. I am about 220 pounds and 12% bodyfat at 5' 9"
tiny-tit bounty hunter

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2007, 11:10:58 AM »
I took Tribulus for a month (don't remember the brand) and then had a steroid profile done at the lab.  My total and free testosterone were in the middle of the range,  DHEA was upper limits of normal, but androstenedione was 10 times the upper limit of normal!  Obviously it did not work as it is reported to, by increasing LH.  Either it works on the adrenal or the pills were contaminated by steroid precursors.

This is good info to know since so many people don't have any tests run to see how supps effect them. Have you had any following blood tests to compare to? Were you on anything else at the time?

I've also heard that trib can effect your glucose levels for some reason. Did you have this tested at the same time?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2007, 11:12:54 AM »
tribules = waste of earned money.
bodybuildersreality.com