Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS...Steve's answer  (Read 48555 times)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Re: This Just about sums it up for the demise of Lee Priest
« Reply #250 on: December 01, 2006, 07:52:28 AM »
Lee being a jerk and badmouthing Steve online muddies the waters about the real reasons, but I'd be willing to bet you he would have been dropped even if none of it had ever happened.

The long shadow of the IFBB and their anti-competitive practices looms large.

YOU GOT IT STEVE ALREADY HINTED TO THAT THAT IS WHY I WAS PUSHING FOR AN ANSWER FROM WHAT HE HAD BEEN SAYING TO ME PRIOR TO THE OLYMPIA.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Steve's answer
« Reply #251 on: December 01, 2006, 07:56:23 AM »
PONDER THIS:   Before LEE told the IFBB that he wasn't interested in an 8 month suspension, he girlfriend at the time, Adela, called Steve Blechman to thank him and tell him how happy LEE was that Steve was going to get him back into the IFBB.......... Ask her...........

REALLY NEWS TO ME..BUT THIS IS COMING FROM A GIRL WHO WOULD NOT BE SEEN WITH ME AT OLYMPIA AND FIGHT WITH ME BECASUE I WENT PDI AND IT COULD OF AFFECTED HER CAREER...SO WHATEVER...TRY BEING YOURSELF PEOPLE.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #252 on: December 01, 2006, 07:56:59 AM »
..........Then LEE went on the NO BULL RADIO SHOW and denied that ever wanted back into the IFBB..............  How do you think STEVE felt after hearing that???

GET YOUR STORY RIGHT DAVE

jarhead

• Getbig III
  • First name Mister. Last name "T".
« Reply #253 on: December 01, 2006, 07:57:32 AM »
vince..did you post this pic with your MD ad claiming great success with bee pollen?

Walk like an egyptian.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #254 on: December 01, 2006, 07:58:35 AM »
You're suggesting that she called up STEVE and LIED that LEE was HAPPY when, in fact, he wasn't?  Even though he originally asked Steve to contact Jim Manion?

OK ONE LAST TIME STEVE CALLED MA ABOUT GOING BACK TO THE IFBB....I ALL ALONG JUST WAITIED TO SEE WHAT WAS SAID THEN THAT LETTER CAME OUT AND I SAID NO....BUT I NEVER ONCED CALLED STEVE ABOUT THIS ASKING HIM TO GET ME BACK IN.....HE CALLED WORRIED ABOUT ME NOT MAKING MONEY BY GOING TO THE PDI AND OTHER STUFF LIKE THAT ALSO HINTING MY MD CONTRACT COULD GO AWAY AS WELL.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #255 on: December 01, 2006, 08:04:08 AM »

Interesting............. .......... Lee, is this true? Why all riled up this time, oh ye contract breaker?   

Let's see... Lee breaks a contract and yet uses some of the benefits from the broken contract, MD decides not to renew his contract and fulfills the agreement.    Poor Lee  :(

I think the way you conduct business matters will be sure to draw in more people who would love to work with you.

good onya!!       ;D

and everyone hanging off of Mr. Priest's nuts, be sure to let him "keep the change" on your bucket of extra crispy!

ps- Johnny Depp called - they could use another oompa loompa in the sequal!

NO NOT TRUE STEVE AND I ALWAYS SIGNED IT AT OLYMPIA TIME.LAST YEAR THERE WAS PIC OF ME AND STEVE AT DINNER SIGNING IT.HE TOLD ME HE WOULD BRING IT FOR ME TO SIGN AT DINNER THIS YEAR AND GUESS WHAT NO CONTRACT OR DINNER.SO WHEN I TRIED CALLING FROM THAT POINT ON HE NVER RETURNED MY CALLS SO I KNEW WHAT WAS UP.

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #256 on: December 01, 2006, 08:16:33 AM »

Paying for Lee?  I asked him to buy me a car like he did for Adela but I am still waiting... Lee?

Lee, is this true, did you buy Adela a car?

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #257 on: December 01, 2006, 08:27:10 AM »
NO NOT TRUE STEVE AND I ALWAYS SIGNED IT AT OLYMPIA TIME.LAST YEAR THERE WAS PIC OF ME AND STEVE AT DINNER SIGNING IT.HE TOLD ME HE WOULD BRING IT FOR ME TO SIGN AT DINNER THIS YEAR AND GUESS WHAT NO CONTRACT OR DINNER.SO WHEN I TRIED CALLING FROM THAT POINT ON HE NVER RETURNED MY CALLS SO I KNEW WHAT WAS UP.

THe Olympia was a month early this year.........

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #258 on: December 01, 2006, 08:47:18 AM »
THe Olympia was a month early this year.........

This really shouldn't have any bearing since Steve said he would bring it to the Olympia this year.
You might as well have said that not having a press pass bared him from meeting with Lee.
Nice try though, and people call Bob a company man  ::)

REALLY NEWS TO ME..BUT THIS IS COMING FROM A GIRL WHO WOULD NOT BE SEEN WITH ME AT OLYMPIA AND FIGHT WITH ME BECASUE I WENT PDI AND IT COULD OF AFFECTED HER CAREER...SO WHATEVER...TRY BEING YOURSELF PEOPLE.

In defense of Adela she was right about ruining her career.  Unlike you she didn't have the option of the PDI because Wayne doesn't like girls.  So in this point your both a little guilty of putting your needs ahead of the others. 
    Dr. Phil

Just Bad Bad Blood!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #259 on: December 01, 2006, 08:50:33 AM »
Lee get over it.  You bit the hand that fed you and they took it away.  You are an employee of MD.  You called your boss f*cking names and you think that you're the victim here?  You are not above the law and comparing you to the other bodybuilders who are represented in MD, you are at least 10th on the feeding chain.  If my boss heard me call him names he would fire me, simple and straight.  You reap what you sowe and you simply f*cked up.  Apologies don't always fix a situation.  Apologies are for wimps who are trying to fix their mess ups.

Also turn CAPLOCKS off.  Your posts look like shit.

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #260 on: December 01, 2006, 08:57:34 AM »
This really shouldn't have any bearing since Steve said he would bring it to the Olympia this year.
You might as well have said that not having a press pass bared him from meeting with Lee.

Where did you get that from?  Totally false. That was never said.

boonasty

• Getbig IV
« Reply #261 on: December 01, 2006, 08:59:10 AM »

I asked him to buy me a car like he did for Adela but I am still waiting... Lee?

and whered you get this from?  Is this true Origninal Sin?   Lee?

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #262 on: December 01, 2006, 09:00:38 AM »
Skipped after a few pages but here's my $0.02.

People should do what they say. Lee was promised a phone call, he should have gotten one.

BB is a pretty small community with only a few venues. Even though a lot of you appreciate Lee's outspokeness.... the dumbest of you must realize that there's a time and place for everything as well as a manner to conduct oneself. Especially considering Lee's history with the olympia and so on.

It's usually a pretty bad thing to make emotional decisions. Another day or two really wouldn't have made that much difference. If someone really pisses me off (which is rare) taking a few days to think about why I got pissed makes it easier to deal with a person. Often it's my own perception of events or some personal baggage that's been added to the mix. Checking myself usually helps.

As shitty as a letter seems... you're usually required to notify a person (in writing) if their contract isn't being renewed.

I kind of stopped reading Lee's articles. Got tired of reading about the Olympia so often. There was one really great article about bodybuilding being a total waste of time and how he'd be a great doctor if he spent as much energy on that as he did bodybuilding. I'm not quoting him directly but it as a great article and should have put things into perspective for a lot of people.

Here's one that might not have been asked: If there wsn't another contract offer on the table, why was knowing about being re-signed so far in advance necessary? He reads as a pretty emotional guy but not stupid. This escapade essentially gives his next employer more publicity than a small magazine could ever afford and reaches all of his fans for free.

Lastly,

Greggs article is funny as hell to me. I appreciate that he's self-effacing and willing to say a lot of things others won't. There's a level of honesty you don't see very often and I find it refreshing.

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #263 on: December 01, 2006, 09:02:27 AM »

So, are you calling Adela a liar too?  I heard the msg she left Steve thanking him and saying how happy you were that Steve was going to bat for you.

And I'm lying too, right?  Dave is lying....  Everyone is lying... except for Lee.  And why not?  We all have so much to gain..... Pfffffff...

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #264 on: December 01, 2006, 09:03:21 AM »
and whered you get this from?  Is this true Origninal Sin?   Lee?

Lee mentioned this months ago.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #265 on: December 01, 2006, 09:05:22 AM »

Where did you get that from?  Totally false. That was never said.

The same quote that you highlighted.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #266 on: December 01, 2006, 09:37:57 AM »
Lee obviously doesn't care about being in the IFBB, having a contract with twinlab, or a MD contract...why do you people??

Lee knows what he's doing, and has known what the consequences of his actions would lead to...I don't see him bitching about any of it...just you guys.

The ONLY thing I've seen him posting about was Steve not getting back to him, and that HE didn't request that Steve try getting him back into th IFBB....

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: December 01, 2006, 09:38:57 AM »
Lee obviously doesn't care about being in the IFBB, having a contract with twinlab, or a MD contract...why do you people??

Lee knows what he's doing, and has known what the consequences of his actions would lead to...I don't see him bitching about any of it...just you guys.

The ONLY thing I've seen him posting about was Steve not getting back to him, and that HE didn't request that Steve try getting him back into th IFBB....

Shit you are still up Bob? I had 6 hours sleep how about you? What time is it in your part of the world?

boonasty

• Getbig IV
« Reply #268 on: December 01, 2006, 09:41:22 AM »
Lee mentioned this months ago.

he did?  I did a search and couldn't find anything but Lifter Chick sugesting him to buy Adela and then her one in the Extra 50k thread?  

maybe I just can't find where lee said he bought adela a car.  

Lee?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #269 on: December 01, 2006, 09:48:09 AM »

Interesting............. .......... Lee, is this true? Why all riled up this time, oh ye contract breaker?   

Let's see... Lee breaks a contract and yet uses some of the benefits from the broken contract, MD decides not to renew his contract and fulfills the agreement.    Poor Lee  :(

I think the way you conduct business matters will be sure to draw in more people who would love to work with you.

good onya!!       ;D

and everyone hanging off of Mr. Priest's nuts, be sure to let him "keep the change" on your bucket of extra crispy!

ps- Johnny Depp called - they could use another oompa loompa in the sequal!

Hey Flower, fried chicken is delicious and I won't allow you to sully the good name KFC has established.

I want some fried chicken now.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: December 01, 2006, 10:20:56 AM »
he did?  I did a search and couldn't find anything but Lifter Chick sugesting him to buy Adela and then her one in the Extra 50k thread?  

maybe I just can't find where lee said he bought adela a car.  

Lee?
Question:  Why is whether or not Lee bought Adela a car so important to you boo?
:D Weee

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #271 on: December 01, 2006, 10:33:15 AM »

Because Lee is the ONLY colorful character in the entire sport.  WE people choose to care because we are the fans and without fans there is no bodybuilding.  Unless you like the same drab rhetoric spouted out over and over, we don't need Lee Priests.

I disagree with Lee on just about EVERYTHING but I still like to hear his opinions.  I am disappointed that Steve didn't resign Lee and now Steve's lapdog is on the attack.  So as consumers we have a choice of what to purchase and what not too, IFBB or PDI, MM or MD and I say now;

BOYCOTT MD

Don't buy an issue for one month, some companies live and die on the monthly circulation, personally I don't believe MD operates this way, but one month of reduced sales will definitely cut into Steve panty purchases.  Lord knows he must go through 1000's of pairs because they always seem to be in a bunch.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

bb doc

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #272 on: December 01, 2006, 10:36:33 AM »
"Good god, can you imagine a magazine with King Kamali, Shawn Ray and Lee Priest all together. Wow!"

Not sure what the "Wow" would be.

Getbig is more amusing + up-to-date than any mag/

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #273 on: December 01, 2006, 10:47:18 AM »
Because Lee is the ONLY colorful character in the entire sport.  WE people choose to care because we are the fans and without fans there is no bodybuilding.  Unless you like the same drab rhetoric spouted out over and over, we don't need Lee Priests.

I disagree with Lee on just about EVERYTHING but I still like to hear his opinions.  I am disappointed that Steve didn't resign Lee and now Steve's lapdog is on the attack.  So as consumers we have a choice of what to purchase and what not too, IFBB or PDI, MM or MD and I say now;

BOYCOTT MD

Don't buy an issue for one month, some companies live and die on the monthly circulation, personally I don't believe MD operates this way, but one month of reduced sales will definitely cut into Steve panty purchases.  Lord knows he must go through 1000's of pairs because they always seem to be in a bunch.

We are going to boycot you....GO MD...FIRING THE MIDGIT is the best thing that has happened to the industry since the IFBB fired him....Go back to AUSI MIDGIT.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #274 on: December 01, 2006, 10:49:11 AM »
We are going to boycot you....GO MD...FIRING THE MIDGIT is the best thing that has happened to the industry since the IFBB fired him....Go back to AUSI MIDGIT.

Nice try Bleckman