Author Topic: Melissa Dettwiller, Jennifer Cowan, and Jodi Miller at Team U  (Read 29934 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Melissa Dettwiller, Jennifer Cowan, and Jodi Miller at Team U
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2007, 10:57:51 AM »
The three of you all look incredible! You all desevrve a bouquet of roses for your hard work! The more I see those pics, the more proud I am of the three of you!

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2007, 08:44:09 PM »
Thank you so much, Blinky, CQ (PM me, girl when you get a chance!), and PB!  I kicked my training into high gear this week, seeing as how I'm just five weeks out from heading to Spain for the World Championships.  I feel as though a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders with this win.  For the first time, I am able to step foot into a gym and train my butt off while feeling like a champion.  I feel like I can do no wrong with my physique as long as I stay true to my values and my ideals, which is what I have done ever since I switched to bodybuilding.

Do you know that the first time I stepped on a national level stage, I was in the last call out?  Sandy Ranalli told me, "You need to eat and put some size on your body; you're too tiny."  I walked onto that 2002 Junior Nationals Figure stage with glutes more striated than the bodybuilders, and I was slapped on the wrist for it.  Do you know that I never did win a single figure show?  That all three of my wins have been in bodybuilding?  I tried desperately for years to fit the figure mold, and I finally realized last year that the only mold I would ever fit is the one I created for myself.  And so I switched back to what I truly wanted to do:  bodybuilding.

Between the prep for Team Universe and this current prep for Worlds, I have never been so relaxed and at ease with my body and my workouts.  I have a newfound trust and sense of confidence in myself.

All I can say to other girls who have dismal placings in figure or feel they are out of place in one division or another of this industry:  do what is right for your heart and your peace of mind.  At the end of the day, you are the only judge that truly matters.  I waited seven years to earn a national level win, and damn...it was worth it.  And all because, in the words of Elvis, "I did it my way."
Jodi

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2007, 04:01:07 AM »
you go girl. kick some ass in spain!!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2007, 04:46:06 AM »
Thank you so much, Blinky, CQ (PM me, girl when you get a chance!), and PB!  I kicked my training into high gear this week, seeing as how I'm just five weeks out from heading to Spain for the World Championships.  I feel as though a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders with this win.  For the first time, I am able to step foot into a gym and train my butt off while feeling like a champion.  I feel like I can do no wrong with my physique as long as I stay true to my values and my ideals, which is what I have done ever since I switched to bodybuilding.

Do you know that the first time I stepped on a national level stage, I was in the last call out?  Sandy Ranalli told me, "You need to eat and put some size on your body; you're too tiny."  I walked onto that 2002 Junior Nationals Figure stage with glutes more striated than the bodybuilders, and I was slapped on the wrist for it.  Do you know that I never did win a single figure show?  That all three of my wins have been in bodybuilding?  I tried desperately for years to fit the figure mold, and I finally realized last year that the only mold I would ever fit is the one I created for myself.  And so I switched back to what I truly wanted to do:  bodybuilding.

Between the prep for Team Universe and this current prep for Worlds, I have never been so relaxed and at ease with my body and my workouts.  I have a newfound trust and sense of confidence in myself.

All I can say to other girls who have dismal placings in figure or feel they are out of place in one division or another of this industry:  do what is right for your heart and your peace of mind.  At the end of the day, you are the only judge that truly matters.  I waited seven years to earn a national level win, and damn...it was worth it.  And all because, in the words of Elvis, "I did it my way."

Great post!  Yep most people listen to too many people and not the one that knows themselves the best.....you!  Looks big time like you know what you are doing and you should be confident, cause you know what you have done to get where you are. 

Oh and also cause you look fantastic! Good luck in your show  :)