Author Topic: Papa's John Pizza Exposed  (Read 33762 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Papa's John Pizza Exposed
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2012, 12:14:31 PM »
Pretty damn ridiculous isn't it?
I`d be more than willing pay a nickel more for his shit pizza , knowing that his workers were going to be able to see a doctor when they need it.  This is probably because I have morals and think profit over human suffering is absolutely sickening, especially when its unnecessary as in this case.

Notice how the religious here, the Republicans here, don`t have any of that in their brains.  Their small brains lack all empathy and the amusing thing is, most are bad off themselves and the bubble they live and operate in keeps them sealed from reality.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2012, 12:15:21 PM »
I am in fact asking that people do some planning before taking any action that may cost them money. I'm really glad that someone gets it tho.

Did you say its a privilege to breed?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2012, 12:19:50 PM »
http://www.forbes.com/sites/calebmelby/2012/11/12/breaking-down-centi-millionaire-papa-john-schnatters-obamacare-math/

The issue: the Affordable Care Act dictates that full-time employees (30 hours or more per week) at companies with more than 50 workers need to be provided health insurance. Schnatter has further claimed that some employers will cut employee hours to avoid providing them with healthcare.

Checking Papa Schnatter’s Math

Last year, Papa John’s International captured $1.218 billion in revenue. Total operating expenses were $1.131 billion. So if Schnatter’s math is accurate (Obamacare will cost his company $5-8 million more annually),  then new regulation translates into a .4% to .7% (yes, fractions of a percent) expense increase. It’s difficult to set that ratio against the proposed pie increase, given size and topping differentials, but many of their large specialty pizzas run for $16. Remarkably, a 10-14 cent increase on a $16 pizza falls in a comparable range: .6% to.9%. But the cost transference becomes less equitable if you’re looking at medium pizzas, which run closer to $12, meaning a .8% to 1.15% price increase.

For the sake of argument, let’s say that Papa John’s sells exactly half medium/half large specialty pizzas. Averaging the ranges for both sizes, then averaging that product yields a .86% price increase  — well outside the range of what Schnatter says Obamacare will cost him.

So how much would prices go up, under these 50/50 conditions, if they were to fairly reflect the increased cost of doing business onset by Obamacare? Roughly 3.4 to 4.6 cents a pie.

In September, the company announced that it would be giving away 2 million free pizzas. That was, of course, a promotion designed to increase brand awareness and to invite consumers to try the brand — with the ultimate goal of selling more pizzas. Those giveaways can’t really be cataloged alongside sales that would have been made otherwise. But just in case you’re curious, that would be the equivalent of $24 million to $32 million in pizza revenue.

Necks In This Game

Standing to lose (or gain) as his company determines how best to operate under new regulations is Papa Schnatter himself, who owns 6,094,409 shares, or nearly one fourth, of Papa John’s, according to the company’s most recent annual report. 1,268,052 of those shares are held in a family limited partnership and 84,000 shares held in a 501(c)(3). The rest are directly owned. At the $49.44 share price, subtracting those held in a charitable trust, the remaining 6,010,409 shares are worth roughly $297 million. Schnatter’s compensation packages for years 2009-11 were $2,319,643, $2,614,516, and $2,745,219 respectively, also according to the annual report. Papa John’s International has not paid a dividend since 2005.

Also hanging in the balance are the shares of institutional investors FMR (11.6%), BlackRock (6.7%) and JP Morgan Chase (5%). But if these notions of protest materialize, Papa John’s front line will be populated by the franchise owners who operate many of its 4,000-plus international locations.

Emails sent to Papa John’s Investor Relations and calls placed to Papa John’s Public Relations were not immediately returned for comment.

Updates as of 9:15 p.m. EST.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2012, 12:22:00 PM »
I`d be more than willing pay a nickel more for his shit pizza , knowing that his workers were going to be able to see a doctor when they need it.  This is probably because I have morals and think profit over human suffering is absolutely sickening, especially when its unnecessary as in this case.

Notice how the religious here, the Republicans here, don`t have any of that in their brains.  Their small brains lack all empathy and the amusing thing is, most are bad off themselves and the bubble they live and operate in keeps them sealed from reality.

The money it costs isn't really the point.  Lots of people that are against Obamacare probably give more to charity than this will cost them. 

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2012, 12:26:39 PM »
Pay the nickle, 5% whatever you want.  Just don't make me pay for someone else's health insurance, do that enough already with medicare taxes. Have them go get a better job than working at a pizza joint part time if they want it just like the rest of us had to do.  It's not just a nickle at Papa' Johns, it's cost increase at just about any similar business.  Denny's is the newest example http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2233221/Dennys-charge-5-Obamacare-surcharge-cut-employee-hours-deal-cost-legislation.html.  Most employees will have their hours reduced to just under 30 so they won't have to be covered.  I guarantee many other business's will use the same tactic.  Maybe I'm just not compassionate like a good liberal supposedly is, but I don't like paying for other people's stuff any more than I have to nor do I expect anyone to pay for mine.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2012, 12:29:59 PM »
The money it costs isn't really the point.  Lots of people that are against Obamacare probably give more to charity than this will cost them. 
Got any proof of that or are you just talking out of your arse?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2012, 01:15:09 PM »

Keyword from my post: "probably".

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2012, 01:16:56 PM »
let the workers become dependant on antibiotics just to see what happens in the longrun okay
A

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2012, 01:40:15 PM »

Hey dipshit... I'm not into religion at all... I'm not a republican.... I am CWA local 13000... and I still think the guy can do whatever he wants with his nickels. Oh yeah...and my wife and I are not in need of any government aid. In fact to me it is disgraceful... I'd clean shitty toilets and work my way back up before I'd sit on my ass for 3 years. So stick your morals of how to spend other people's money in your ass. I'll keep my morals just the way they are.
$

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2012, 01:41:50 PM »
Hey dipshit... I'm not into religion at all... I'm not a republican.... I am CWA local 13000... and I still think the guy can do whatever he wants with his nickels. Oh yeah...and my wife and I are not in need of any government aid. In fact to me it is disgraceful... I'd clean shitty toilets and work my way back up before I'd sit on my ass for 3 years. So stick your morals of how to spend other people's money in your ass. I'll keep my morals just the way they are.

I hereby invite you and "The Coach" to Team Satan.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2012, 01:41:55 PM »

Not to break the flow of the topic here, just wanted to say I liked how you said "arse" instead of "ass"

;D

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2012, 01:45:32 PM »
I hereby invite you and "The Coach" to Team Satan.

As long as " team satan" isn't some code for "we like it in the ass bareback."
$

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2012, 01:51:01 PM »
As long as " team satan" isn't some code for "we like it in the ass bareback."

That's team -"natural christian bodybuilder"'s thing.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2012, 02:04:12 PM »
He's simply asking that people do some planing before they have children.

That's really not so far out.

Indeed. Try having an education, a decent job, and a wife/husband, first.....IN THAT ORDER.

That seems to work pretty well.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2012, 02:10:31 PM »
Indeed. Try having an education, a decent job, and a wife/husband, first.....IN THAT ORDER.

The most "popular" order would be:

1. Drink, party, fuck, work in McDonalds... Oh shit, girl I fucked got pregnant. What was her name?
2. I love her! /Posts pics of "happy married couple on facebook"
3. I love my kid(s)! He/She/They fucking changed my life etc.! /Posts pics of his kid(s) on fb every fucking week until I unsubscribe him.
4. Finish some minor school because "you need to have education nowadays".
5. Still work at McDonalds
6. Struggle to pay for his kids books at school
7. Blame the government.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #165 on: November 15, 2012, 02:11:53 PM »

Works really well... had my second beautiful baby daughter Tues. I am chatting from the hospital... was a c section.
$

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #166 on: November 15, 2012, 02:20:52 PM »
Works really well... had my second beautiful baby daughter Tues. I am chatting from the hospital... was a c section.

But what if you get laid off? according to deciever, you would be "irresponsible" and shouldn't have had kids, because you can't 100% guarantee without a doubt that you will be able to give them a wonderful carefree life, and a college education so they could be doctors or lawyers

PS congrats on the baby, for real

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: November 15, 2012, 02:21:26 PM »
But what if you get laid off? according to deciever, you would be "irresponsible" and shouldn't have had kids, because you can't 100% guarantee without a doubt that you will be able to give them a wonderful carefree life, and a college education so they could be doctors or lawyers
Groink, he will scrub our toilets.  He said so himself.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #168 on: November 15, 2012, 02:29:47 PM »
Haven't you fucked off already :)

Do you plan to keep posting with this account ?

You have a fucking problem with me son? Spit it out? Because I won't conform to leaving because of a gimmick? Nevertrustanyone I can see. He's a blatant pussy with multiple gimmicks who stalks me from board to board. A person who would never square off I'm real life to my face. So let's get this shit out in the open.

Is it because you, groink and the others don't have the drive to make it without government.assistance? Are you too lazy and need the helps of others to make it through life? You have just as much opportunity as anyother business to make more of yourself besides working for others ? Tell you what, go to you boss that owns your company and tell him what you've been saying on here and see how that works out.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #169 on: November 15, 2012, 02:30:20 PM »

Thanks. And I would collect unemployment. I am 39 been paying into it since the first day it was legal for me to do so...never been unemployed. If anyone should use it ... it is me. I said sit on my ass for 3 years is shameful. I'd start looking for work the next day... the next day. And if scrubbing toilets was an option to get my foot in the door and work back up, I would do it. Period.
$

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #170 on: November 15, 2012, 02:32:24 PM »
Either that or your just trust fund babies who don't know what its like to work

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #171 on: November 15, 2012, 02:33:09 PM »

Some people will never get laid off because with their experience and knowledge they will always get a job, unless world goes to shit. Civil engineers, lawyers, doctors, architects...

If you have what I consider more risky job, like software engineer, you should save your money for your future. You can, especially considering the fact that you earn a lot from an early age as opposed to doctors, lawyers and civil engineers where it takes years.

It really depends and of course, anyone can become jobless and go bankrupt. It's common sense that I'm saying "sure", or "stable" I say "stable with great probability".

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2012, 02:34:32 PM »
You have a fucking problem with me son? Spit it out? Because I won't conform to leaving because of a gimmick? Nevertrustanyone I can see. He's a blatant pussy with multiple gimmicks who stalks me from board to board. A person who would never square off I'm real life to my face. So let's get this shit out in the open.

Is it because you, groink and the others don't have the drive to make it without government.assistance? Are you too lazy and need the helps of others to make it through life? You have just as much opportunity as anyother business to make more of yourself besides working for others ? Tell you what, go to you boss that owns your company and tell him what you've been saying on here and see how that works out.

Oh my word, Coach, what a meltdown

I don't even know what this thread is all about, all I am commenting on is the obvious- you said you would leave (this time for good), yet you're still here, doing your thing.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #173 on: November 15, 2012, 02:39:43 PM »
By the way Coach I'm gainfully employed, pay into a private pension and have private as well as public medical to count on.

I also volunteer on local organisations.

What about you?

Do you volunteer anywhere?

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2012, 02:43:57 PM »
The interesting thing to see is who is actually going to see all these newly insured patients. Much of the expansion of insurance comes from an expansion of medicaid. Well, many doctors don't accept medicaid since the reimbursement is so ridiculously low. So the newly "insured" dennys workers aren't gonna have much access to care outside of a county hospital where the wait time for care (which is already long...in some cases weeks) is only gonna get longer. So status quo won't change with regard to healthcare except now we're gonna be paying more for food, peoples hours are going to get cut, and in the end the rich guy is still rich and we all get fucked.