Author Topic: Papa's John Pizza Exposed  (Read 33712 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: Papa's John Pizza Exposed
« Reply #175 on: November 15, 2012, 02:46:42 PM »
Some people will never get laid off because with their experience and knowledge they will always get a job, unless world goes to shit. Civil engineers, lawyers, doctors, architects...

If you have what I consider more risky job, like software engineer, you should save your money for your future. You can, especially considering the fact that you earn a lot from an early age as opposed to doctors, lawyers and civil engineers where it takes years.

It really depends and of course, anyone can become jobless and go bankrupt. It's common sense that I'm saying "sure", or "stable" I say "stable with great probability".

Like 5% of the workforce has those types of jobs..so in your utopia, the other 95% can go fuck themselves if they get laid off?

You are an idealist, your philosophy does not hold water in the real world, where shit happens.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #176 on: November 15, 2012, 02:49:49 PM »
By the way, the reason why people go broke is because they spend too much money. It's that simple.

But yeah, you just HAVE to buy this new iPAD. You HAVE to buy new expensive car so you can show off. Maybe luxury apartment and jewellery.

My friend's mother lives in NY. He worked there at a construction plant. Do you have any idea how much money he was able to save in 10 weeks time?

Truth is, you're used to such high standard of living that you have no idea how to save anymore. Everyone spends more than he earns nowadays for vanity purposes, that's why we're all in such huge shithole and then after we loose job we need that "help" from country. Truth is, anyone from my country who moved to USA and worked there as a fucking plumber or whatever was amazed by how much money he was able to save in short time. And you fucking people whine about "living on the edge of poverty"? Give me a fucking break.

Groink basically yes, 95% can go fuck themselves or move to 5%. If they can't that's their fault anyway. Still, I somehow do not believe that cleaning ladies I know were able to rent a flat, send money home, save a lot of money for future and still live a decent life and somehow Americans go completely "broke" when they loose their jobs.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: November 15, 2012, 02:51:04 PM »
Thanks. And I would collect unemployment. I am 39 been paying into it since the first day it was legal for me to do so...never been unemployed. If anyone should use it ... it is me. I said sit on my ass for 3 years is shameful. I'd start looking for work the next day... the next day. And if scrubbing toilets was an option to get my foot in the door and work back up, I would do it. Period.

No problem dude..kids rule.

But to continue, if you got laid off and your medical benefits from your job were cut off as well...Not wishing anything bad, but you got a newborn, she's going to need regular doctor visits. where are you getting the medical coverage from? will you refuse Obamacare?

If your wife has benny's good for you....it's a hypothetical question

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2012, 02:58:56 PM »
No problem dude..kids rule.

But to continue, if you got laid off and your medical benefits from your job were cut off as well...Not wishing anything bad, but you got a newborn, she's going to need regular doctor visits. where are you getting the medical coverage from? will you refuse Obamacare?

If your wife has benny's good for you....it's a hypothetical question

So you are lumping me in with the leeches? In the case you said earlier I said the guy should be helped... he's not a leech. Neither am I... I would do what ever I had to until I found more work. Like I said if anyone would deserve the help... the way it was meant to be used... it would be me.

We started off talking about the gov. forcing a business into more expenses. And the leeches cheering about it. Huge difference in both of the scenarios you laid out. 
$

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #179 on: November 15, 2012, 03:00:18 PM »
By the way, the reason why people go broke is because they spend too much money. It's that simple.

Friend, 100k$/year, software engineer. Works in a modest flat. No car. Uses public transport. Eats in his company for free. Just do the math how much you can save living like that.

Another guy, 50 years old. Civil Engineer in Germany. Worked in some company, saved a lot of money, created his own. Saved more money. At 40 years old he sold his company, bought land in Poland. He doesn't have to work anymore until his death.

But yeah, you just HAVE to buy this new iPAD. You HAVE to buy new expensive car so you can show off. Maybe luxury apartment and jewellery.

My friend's mother lives in NY. He worked there at a construction plant. Do you have any idea how much money he was able to save in 10 weeks time?

Truth is, you're used to such high standard of living that you have no idea how to save anymore. Everyone spends more than he earns nowadays for vanity purposes, that's why we're all in such huge shithole and then after we loose job we need that "help" from country. Truth is, anyone from my country who moved to USA and worked there as a fucking plumber or whatever was amazed by how much money he was able to save in short time. And you fucking people whine about "living on the edge of poverty"? Give me a fucking break.

Groink basically yes, 95% can go fuck themselves or move to 5%. If they can't that's their fault anyway. Still, I somehow do not believe that cleaning ladies I know were able to rent a flat, send money home, save a lot of money for future and still live a decent life and somehow Americans go completely "broke" when they loose their jobs.

Weird way of viewing the world sir.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #180 on: November 15, 2012, 03:14:05 PM »
Weird way of viewing the world sir.

I removed extreme examples because they somehow blurred the picture instead of getting to the point.

That's nothing "weird" or new, that's what Friedman among many other's like Ron Paul were saying for many years.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: November 15, 2012, 03:28:57 PM »
So you are lumping me in with the leeches? In the case you said earlier I said the guy should be helped... he's not a leech. Neither am I... I would do what ever I had to until I found more work. Like I said if anyone would deserve the help... the way it was meant to be used... it would be me.

We started off talking about the gov. forcing a business into more expenses. And the leeches cheering about it. Huge difference in both of the scenarios you laid out. 

Fair enough, I won't disagree.

and FWIW, I'm not real big on "leeches" myself. i'm just more compassionate for the downtrodden i guess. I can accept the fact that not everyone is destined for greatness, the world needs ditch diggers too, and if it costs the ruling class a pittance so that these folk can go to the damn doctor, It's what we do in a supposedly enlightened society.

That's all i'm saying here.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #182 on: November 15, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »
http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2012/11/14/Forbes-Papa-Johns-ACA-cost-5-cents/UPI-54101352940627/

Forbes: Papa John's ACA cost, 5 cents
(1) |
|
|

inShare
Papa John's Pizza CEO John Schnatter arrives at the 47th annual Academy of Country Music Awards at the MGM Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada on April 1, 2012. UPI/Jim Ruymen
License photo
Published: Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:50 PM

NEW YORK, Nov. 14 (UPI) -- The head of Papa John's says it would cost 10-14 cents a pizza to buy health insurance for the chain's U.S. workers but a Forbes study says it would be 5 cents.

Papa John's International Chief Executive Officer John Schnatter -- a supporter of GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney and opponent of the Affordable Care Act -- said he estimated compliance with the healthcare reform law would cost his company about $5 to 8 million annually.

The company made $1.2 billion in revenue last yer, with total operating expenses of $1.131 billion and a gross profit of $87 million.

Using Schnatter's estimate that healthcare reform would cost his company $5 to 8 million more annually, Forbes magazine said providing healthcare translated into a .4 percent to .7 percent increase in the price of a pizza.

"For the sake of argument, let's say that Papa John's sells exactly half medium/half large specialty pizzas. Averaging the ranges for both sizes, then averaging that product yields a .86 percent price increase -- less than 1 percent -- well outside the range of what Schnatter said health insurance would cost," Forbes magazine said. "So how much would prices go up, under these 50/50 conditions of large and medium pizzas if they were to fairly reflect the increased cost of doing business onset by Obamacare? Roughly 3.4 to 4.6 cents a pie," about one-third of Schnatter's estimate, Forbes said.

Schnatter owns 6,094,409 shares, or nearly one fourth of Papa John's shares as part of a family limited partnership and had a compensation package last year of $2,745,219, the annual report said.

Speaking to students at Edison State College in Napier County, Fla., last week, Schnatter said the cost of compliance might force Papa John's to cut back on employees hours.

An Applebee's restaurant franchisee, Zane Tankel, told Fox Business Network he would freeze hiring and may cut employees' hours because of the cost of complying with the law, Advertising Age reported.

Darden Restaurants, which owns restaurant chains including Olive Garden and Red Lobster, said last month it was putting more employees on a part-time schedule in some states to control healthcare-related costs.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2012/11/14/Forbes-Papa-Johns-ACA-cost-5-cents/UPI-54101352940627/#ixzz2CK7hWGxJ

Unless I am misinterpreting this I believe Forbes is just looking at the direct cost to papa johns from Obamas new federal government regulations. However I think Forbes has not taken into account the indirect costs to papa johns, since these new federal regulations basically apply to everyone, any company that Papa John does business with will have to raise their prices for their specific produts. So in this case the company(s) that supply cheese will see their operating costs rise and pass the cost onto papa johns, the people that produce the sauce ingridients for pizza will also have to pass their healthcare increase costs onto Papa Johns and etc. Basically Papa Johns will be affected no only by direct government requirements but also indirectly by all of its supplies and companies that it depends on to get supplies / materials in.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2012, 03:41:46 PM »
Fair enough, I won't disagree.

and FWIW, I'm not real big on "leeches" myself. i'm just more compassionate for the downtrodden i guess. I can accept the fact that not everyone is destined for greatness, the world needs ditch diggers too, and if it costs the ruling class a pittance so that these folk can go to the damn doctor, It's what we do in a supposedly enlightened society.

That's all i'm saying here.

I have tons of compassion for those truly in need... that's where I differ from the knuckle heads... the definition of truly in need.
$

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2012, 03:49:39 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2012, 04:04:20 PM »
He can take his shitty cardboard pizza to china

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2012, 06:57:38 PM »
Poppa Johns pizza is causing healthcare to rise as only big fat fucks eat it...

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2012, 07:01:36 PM »
Coach is a typical American. He bitches about people who have little and are in need. I guarantee you one day Coach will have nothing and will be living off the system too.  Hes a personal trainer acting like hes managing a trust fund. lol

By the way Coach I'm gainfully employed, pay into a private pension and have private as well as public medical to count on.

I also volunteer on local organisations.

What about you?

Do you volunteer anywhere?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2012, 07:52:45 PM »
Thanks. And I would collect unemployment. I am 39 been paying into it since the first day it was legal for me to do so...never been unemployed. If anyone should use it ... it is me. I said sit on my ass for 3 years is shameful. I'd start looking for work the next day... the next day. And if scrubbing toilets was an option to get my foot in the door and work back up, I would do it. Period.
You would make a wonderful slave.  How handy are you with a hand plow?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #189 on: November 15, 2012, 08:13:48 PM »
I ask you all, do you REALLY want SICK WORKERS handling YOUR food? 

you make a great point.

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #190 on: November 15, 2012, 08:20:26 PM »
you make a great point.

oversimplification. Most "sick" people with contagious diseases handling food have illnesses that a doctor can't do shit about anyway. (The majority of common, transmissible illnesses are not curable). It's really on them to take the day off. Giving them healthcare is just going to crowd up the ERs more with people who really don't need to see a doctor anyway.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #191 on: November 15, 2012, 09:27:35 PM »
oversimplification. Most "sick" people with contagious diseases handling food have illnesses that a doctor can't do shit about anyway. (The majority of common, transmissible illnesses are not curable). It's really on them to take the day off. Giving them healthcare is just going to crowd up the ERs more with people who really don't need to see a doctor anyway.
::)

This is precisely what it prevents, the crowding of ER`s.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #192 on: November 15, 2012, 09:29:21 PM »
Coach is a typical American. He bitches about people who have little and are in need. I guarantee you one day Coach will have nothing and will be living off the system too.  Hes a personal trainer acting like hes managing a trust fund. lol

Whatever you say.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2012, 09:30:18 PM »

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #194 on: November 15, 2012, 09:31:28 PM »

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #195 on: November 15, 2012, 09:32:44 PM »

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #196 on: November 15, 2012, 09:34:13 PM »

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #197 on: November 15, 2012, 09:35:37 PM »

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #198 on: November 15, 2012, 09:37:07 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #199 on: November 15, 2012, 09:37:15 PM »
By the way Coach I'm gainfully employed, pay into a private pension and have private as well as public medical to count on.

I also volunteer on local organisations.

What about you?

Do you volunteer anywhere?
[/quo
I don't recall saying you were not employed. Btw, I give a lot of time to two some times three different organizations  along with giving money to charities.