Author Topic: Shawn Ray - Is in The House!!!!  (Read 205742 times)

dave19

• Getbig III
Re: Shawn Ray - Is in The House!!!!
« Reply #675 on: October 10, 2017, 03:50:29 AM »
Shawn what do you think of the 212 class?

Would you have competed in it or would you have stayed in the open class even though your chances of winning a Mr Olympia 212 title would have been a lot better obviously?

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #676 on: October 10, 2017, 10:17:44 AM »
please tell me what year shawn or flex should've won

Mr. Levrone won more shows than both, beat both more than he lost to them, and was runner up 4 times so you tell me what he lacked "potential wise" compared to those 2

E
i dont care how many shows he won kevin has weak back which throw him out of hall of fame instantly .shawn and flex simply has wao factor when they hit front and back db cuz they flow better from head to toe better tie ins and muscle density.not sure about shawn because small guy will always have disadvantage winning olympia but if flex did not got hurt he would have taken at least 2 Olympia titles from Ronnie.he was the only guy who could beat less than 100% Ronnie.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
Re: Jay - Is in The House!!!!
« Reply #677 on: October 10, 2017, 10:27:31 AM »

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #678 on: October 10, 2017, 10:57:22 AM »

My son and I were working out at the SLC Gold's on Van Winkle Drive, sometime around 2007-2008.  In waddles Jay Cutler (must have been there for some promotional deal) and lumbers across the gym while texting on his phone.  My kid had no idea who he was but he remarked that the big dude was "terminally buff."  ;D

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #679 on: October 10, 2017, 11:59:45 AM »
i dont care how many shows he won kevin has weak back which throw him out of hall of fame instantly .shawn and flex simply has wao factor when they hit front and back db cuz they flow better from head to toe better tie ins and muscle density.not sure about shawn because small guy will always have disadvantage winning olympia but if flex did not got hurt he would have taken at least 2 Olympia titles from Ronnie.he was the only guy who could beat less than 100% Ronnie.

Opinions -- Clearly the judges didn't quite see at that way as kev did place ahead of them several times.

All 3 were top of the tree pro's in their day.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #680 on: October 10, 2017, 03:52:14 PM »

out of hall of fame?

ok you are right, shawn winning 2 shows while Mr. Levrone won 20 and beat shawn and flex more than he lost to them means nothing and more "wao" factor ::)

E
E

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #681 on: October 10, 2017, 07:31:57 PM »
Shawn, Kevin, Flex, Cormier and their fellow competitors were the last generation of professional bodybuilders that actually looked incredible . Dorian came in and looked good for the first few years before the big guts took over. Now, with a few exceptions, they look like crap . Phil Heath is an abortion. 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #682 on: October 10, 2017, 11:20:58 PM »
Shawn, Kevin, Flex, Cormier and their fellow competitors were the last generation of professional bodybuilders that actually looked incredible . Dorian came in and looked good for the first few years before the big guts took over. Now, with a few exceptions, they look like crap . Phil Heath is an abortion. 

Phil did look good the 1st couple of years - Quickly went all pudgy dough boy looking & as for his midsection awful.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #683 on: October 11, 2017, 12:01:01 AM »
Shawn what do you think of the 212 class?

Would you have competed in it or would you have stayed in the open class even though your chances of winning a Mr Olympia 212 title would have been a lot better obviously?

No I would not have competed in it as it was clear I was already the Best 212lb BBer.
I was trying to be The Best Bodybuilder, anything less would not be very appealing to me.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #684 on: October 11, 2017, 12:01:37 AM »

typical gym behaviour, nothing to see here, move along ...

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #685 on: October 11, 2017, 12:02:22 AM »

There couldn't be another Mr O more boring than this clown and his protege Heath.

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #686 on: October 11, 2017, 12:17:07 AM »
Shawn's answer to some questions/posts

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #687 on: October 11, 2017, 01:46:53 AM »
Shawn are you going to write an expose? Maybe even get a Netflix series out of it?

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #688 on: October 11, 2017, 01:48:14 AM »

A grown man pulling his pants down and waddling around the gym in his underpants.

Some "sport" this is.
P

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #689 on: October 11, 2017, 02:09:04 AM »
No I would not have competed in it as it was clear I was already the Best 212lb BBer.
I was trying to be The Best Bodybuilder, anything less would not be very appealing to me.

Do you believe you never won because you didn't pay your dues, hard enough?

Rimstinger

« Reply #690 on: October 11, 2017, 02:40:36 AM »
If you had to be resurrected, would you come back as a black man or white?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #691 on: October 11, 2017, 03:16:48 AM »
ah yes! There’s the old Sean we all know

Agreed.

Though, I would doubt many current people here would know that Shawn is an asshole.

I'm sure they'll become clearer on that as he expresses himself with more charmless justifications on subjects - such as why Kevin Levrone couldn't have a piece of orange.

And don't get me wrong, I think you're entitled to wage your thong war however you please - I think an asshole is also someone who says that you must give your food to someone - no, it's the phrasing - the bitchiness.

You can get the same pettiness you're watching that video where he wandering around hotel grounds?, luxuriating on Lee Priest's fortunes.   You can tell, this is man that is lacking in class.

That being said, honestly, bodybuilding needs someone who is willing to go into that territory and say it like it is because geez it is full of very fragile egos.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #692 on: October 11, 2017, 03:24:22 AM »

Simple Simon

« Reply #693 on: October 11, 2017, 03:52:41 AM »

all the talk of Dorians granite hardness, Shawn looks more detailed in that shot and for me takes it.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #694 on: October 11, 2017, 03:59:55 AM »
Shane was great .

Simple Simon

« Reply #695 on: October 11, 2017, 04:07:02 AM »

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #696 on: October 11, 2017, 04:09:48 AM »
Yes. Sad too😎

Hahaha! You crack me up man  :)
MIRAGETROPIN

Rimstinger

« Reply #697 on: October 11, 2017, 04:35:30 AM »
Agreed.

Though, I would doubt many current people here would know that Shawn is an asshole.

He's short, american and a bodybuilder.

Chances of the above not being an asshole is like coming across a vegan Hyena.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #698 on: October 11, 2017, 05:23:35 AM »

Lee Priest was also one of the Best, like you.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #699 on: October 11, 2017, 05:25:39 AM »