Author Topic: Problems or Close calls??  (Read 2316 times)

SuperStu

• Getbig II
Problems or Close calls??
« on: October 20, 2006, 03:23:43 PM »
some of you guys are pretty experienced and have probably done lots of different cycles yourself so im just wondering what were (if any) some of the biggest or smallest problems you've ever experienced? Like an infection or bad sides or anything like that.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: Problems or Close calls??
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 03:57:53 PM »
some of you guys are pretty experienced and have probably done lots of different cycles yourself so im just wondering what were (if any) some of the biggest or smallest problems you've ever experienced? Like an infection or bad sides or anything like that.

Close calls?

Nothing yet.

I've only had two bleeders in all the injections I've done.

No abscesses.

I'd like to think I've followed all the precautions, but I've also probably been lucky as well.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 04:19:55 PM »
I'd like to think I've followed all the precautions, but I've also probably been lucky as well.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky then good...eh?

Anyway, I got an infection once. It was my fault - I was in a hurry, didn't change needles, & didn't wipe the site down with alcohol. A mistake I won't make again.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 04:40:17 PM »
Sometimes it's better to be lucky then good...eh?

Anyway, I got an infection once. It was my fault - I was in a hurry, didn't change needles, & didn't wipe the site down with alcohol. A mistake I won't make again.

I'm shocked and appalled at you, Rimbaud.

The bunny rabbit will learn.   >:(

DIV

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 04:44:42 PM »
didn't pinch on a shoot and half the ject came out with about 5 minutes worth of bleeding..hurt like hell and had alot of bruising beneath it...pinching seems to make the pin hole not line up when you release and pull out so you'll keep most of what you shoot IN.

I tried to shoot once in my ass..with an one and a half..and apparenlty i hit something that hurt so bad i bent the needle in my ass when i jumped and tried to jerk it out...i was told it could have been a nerve...whatever it was..i'll never do a glue again.

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 09:09:26 PM »
ive only had one bleeder

now last month i followed all injec procedures, including aspirate (nothing but air bubbles) finished up the pin, then couple mins later i got the cough...... horrible cough and heart beat rate increased, i kept my cool and new what was goin on. it lasted for about 3 mins then slowly went away lol

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 09:37:11 PM »
I had an allergic reaction to some sust this summer...I'm pretty sure I talked about it before. Anyway, the stuff was mixed with an oil I'm allergic to and I didn't realize this before hand. It put me out for 2wks solid, and it was 4wks total before I could do any leg training or cardio.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 09:38:31 PM »
I had an allergic reaction to some sust this summer...I'm pretty sure I talked about it before. Anyway, the stuff was mixed with an oil I'm allergic to and I didn't realize this before hand. It put me out for 2wks solid, and it was 4wks total before I could do any leg training or cardio.
what were some symptoms??
bodybuildersreality.com

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 09:55:16 PM »
what were some symptoms??
I had injected into my right glute, which is normally not a spot I use very often...the only reason I used it that time was because I was pinning a shit load per wk and I was rotating all over the place. I pinned the spot in the after noon and went and hit legs no problem. That night before I went to bed I noticed the area was hurting a little bit, but nothing major...injection spots do get a little sore sometimes. When I woke up the next morning to go do cardio I got out of bed and fell flat on my face...I couldn't even stand on that leg. My leg was swollen from the top of my glute all the way down to the top of my knee, it was red and as hard as a rock all the way down...I also felt like shit. No, it was not an abscess, though at the time I thought it might be...I wasn't sure because I'd never had an abscess. I got it looked at and it simply ended up being an allergic reaction. the sust was made using Pharmaceutical grade Grape-Seed oil...when I was a kid I was allergic to grapes, which I always thought was strange. I can eat grapes now no problem, but an injection of oil from Grape-Seed oil was too much for my body to handle. Like I mentioned, it took 2 wks before I was able to even stand on that leg. I've had several broken bones in my life, a knew surgery and a complete reconstruction of my left ankle, but this was the worst pain I've ever experienced.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 10:06:48 PM »
whoa! so you don't use sust no more? and how high was the dosage?
bodybuildersreality.com

SuperStu

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 10:08:02 PM »
scary shit!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 10:12:26 PM »
whoa! so you don't use sust no more? and how high was the dosage?
No bro, I don't have any problems with sust, it wasn't the sust that did it to me, but the base oil...sust is still my favorite. I was running 1000mg/wk at 4 pins/wk at 250mg per pin, along with a bunch or other junk.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 10:14:47 PM »
*whew ok haha! most sust doesn't have grape seed oil then? how do you tell now if it has it. You wouldn't want that to happen again! that sounds horrible.
bodybuildersreality.com

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 10:37:42 PM »
*whew ok haha! most sust doesn't have grape seed oil then? how do you tell now if it has it. You wouldn't want that to happen again! that sounds horrible.
It says on the side of it. And yes, it was horrible...the worst part of it was because this happened right in the middle of a contest diet. That 2wks of doing nothing, I lost 10lbs. It really sucked because I had high hopes for this show, of course I'm sure everyone that competes has high hopes. Anyway, when it came down to show time I wasn't ready, which hurt because I had put so much effort into the whole thing....a 16 wk diet from hell for nothing. I could have dropped down to a lower weight class, but if I'm not my best then I have no desire. I want the whole thing or nothing...some might say this is a dumb way to look at things, but that's how I approach every last aspect of my life, and I like it that way.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 10:56:06 PM »
It says on the side of it. And yes, it was horrible...the worst part of it was because this happened right in the middle of a contest diet. That 2wks of doing nothing, I lost 10lbs. It really sucked because I had high hopes for this show, of course I'm sure everyone that competes has high hopes. Anyway, when it came down to show time I wasn't ready, which hurt because I had put so much effort into the whole thing....a 16 wk diet from hell for nothing. I could have dropped down to a lower weight class, but if I'm not my best then I have no desire. I want the whole thing or nothing...some might say this is a dumb way to look at things, but that's how I approach every last aspect of my life, and I like it that way.

All or Nothing.....

That's how I approach life.

That includes women, job, training....

I won't settle for less.

Neither should you.

DIV

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 11:53:58 AM »
All or Nothing.....

That's how I approach life.

That includes women, job, training....

I won't settle for less.

Neither should you.

DIV
I agree 100%. Thats too bad Ar. Jr. but you always learn from mistakes right? in reality it only made you wiser, stronger and an even better bodybuilder. Things like this keep poping into my mind like "whoa that would suck if you were allergic and didn't know." Thanks for sharing that though, it could happen to anyone right?
bodybuildersreality.com

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 05:46:35 PM »
I'm shocked and appalled at you, Rimbaud.

The bunny rabbit will learn.   >:(

DIV

I haven't done it again since.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 08:37:34 PM »
I agree 100%. Thats too bad Ar. Jr. but you always learn from mistakes right? in reality it only made you wiser, stronger and an even better bodybuilder. Things like this keep poping into my mind like "whoa that would suck if you were allergic and didn't know." Thanks for sharing that though, it could happen to anyone right?
Yeah, bad shit can happen to anyone...there are no guarantees with this whole thing.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 10:43:48 AM »
Yeah, bad shit can happen to anyone...there are no guarantees with this whole thing.

The ironic part is that it was just the oil itself, not the actual drug that caused the reaction.

Shows you just how random all of this is....

I mean, of all people using AAS, who many are actually going to be allergic to grapeseed oil?

......and how many sources use grapeseed oil for their products?

You happened to fall in that 1% odds...

The bad part is that most people who fall in that category don't live to tell about it.

Hopefully, you don't have any other hidden allergies that will show up later.

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2006, 11:40:20 AM »
The ironic part is that it was just the oil itself, not the actual drug that caused the reaction.

Shows you just how random all of this is....

I mean, of all people using AAS, who many are actually going to be allergic to grapeseed oil?

......and how many sources use grapeseed oil for their products?

You happened to fall in that 1% odds...

The bad part is that most people who fall in that category don't live to tell about it.

Hopefully, you don't have any other hidden allergies that will show up later.

DIV
Yeah, hopefully not, but I think I should be OK. Like I've mentioned, that's the only thing I've ever been allergic to in my life...no meds, no other foods, nothing but this.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 07:28:47 AM »
i'm alergic to neosporin...found out the hard way when i had a bad dirt bike wreck as a young teen. put some on a very large scrape and woke up with a softball on my leg. some of the worst pain ever.

i had some sort of infection early this year using UG lab sust...the odd thing was it formed a week and a half "after" the injection in my delt. i shot 1.5 cc into my left delt and there was no pain apart from the normal soreness. a week and a half later it became very sore and red like a bad sunburn just below the injection site. after 2-3 days it was bad enough that i didn't train for 3 days, it throbbed very bad but never swelled up. it just stayed painfull and red. everynight i would go the the gym and soak in the hottub for an hour and painfully massage the area. it went away eventually and i've never had a problem after that.

8)

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 07:15:07 PM »
Cant you die from catching a bubble when you stick?

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 09:17:47 PM »
A friend of mine has golfballs (lumps) in his shoulders from all the winny shots he'd done there. lol

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 09:20:48 PM »
Cant you die from catching a bubble when you stick?

If you hit a main artery, possibly.

Otherwise, no.

DIV

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 07:44:40 AM »
My friend shot so much Primo into his delts he got abscesses and instead of getting them cut out, he beat his shoulders with a hammer until it went away. 
LOL, WTF! People are nutty.