Author Topic: Why does AAS cramp you out so much?  (Read 1638 times)

Fitness4Life

• Getbig IV
Why does AAS cramp you out so much?
« on: December 09, 2011, 01:38:54 AM »
I gotta down 2 gallons of water a day so that I don't cramp the muscles I trained post workout.  Never had a cramping issue in all my natty years...

Swlabr

Re: Why does AAS cramp you out so much?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 03:40:03 AM »
Same here, I was doing some ab work a few days ago when I got MASSIVE ab cramps. I had to lay down in the gym for 5 minutes pretending to be resting lol.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 03:52:36 AM »
Worse is if you train chest and dont stretch afterwards then that night pin delts and as you reach across to pin the delt on otherside it cramps up mid injection and starts spasming all over the place with pain hahaha

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 05:13:14 AM »
some steroids bind strongly to the mineralocorticoid receptor and deactivate it, which prevents the uptake of sodium. that's why tren causes you to dry out so much. also, when you are using steroids you suppress your natural cholesterol -> steroid production which includes many other steroids such as the mineralocoritoids so you will have lowered sodium uptake.

i find running hcg and increasing sodium and taurine intake helps alleviate the cramping but after a long day of heavy sweating i will still get some cramps.  

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 10:33:29 PM »
I still get the cramps some days no matter what is taken to offset it. Especially bothersome are the knots in the stomach, that can cause temporary loss of movement and excruciating pain. However, I find taurine, potassium, magnesium, and zinc to be help.

Fitness4Life

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 11:40:27 PM »
Worse is if you train chest and dont stretch afterwards then that night pin delts and as you reach across to pin the delt on otherside it cramps up mid injection and starts spasming all over the place with pain hahaha

hate this shit x2

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 12:43:16 AM »
A lot of bodybuilders have to deal with this....not all but enough.

Low sodium is the culprit. I used to get them so bad back in the day I can remember laying in the floor with tears in my eyes, I'm talking full body cramps. Not always full body, but I do remember a few times having bi's, tri's, lats, pecs, hams and abs all cramp up at once...talk about misery.

Ab cramps were the worst for me....it got so bad once during a contest diet it made me throw up. Talk about excruciating...your ab muscles are cramping and you're vomiting...that's no fun for anyone.

It's not that surprising though that this happens to a lot of bodybuilders simply because most don't get enough sodium. Further, so many are petrified of sodium thanks to internet message board bro-science. Sodium is vastly important.

Anyway, I got to where I was having to salt a lot of my food and even take sodium capsules at one point to fix the problem. At first I started taking more potassium like a dumbass thinking this would fix it...I didn't know any better at the time....but I was only throwing my electrolytes more out of balance.

As for what aesthetics said....most all steroids block glucocorticoid hormones....for the most part this can be a positive trait but things can get out of line if you're not careful. However, I'm not sure how HCG would help with this situation.....care to elaborate?