Author Topic: I hope Sarah Palin has comprehensive health care coverage  (Read 396 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I hope Sarah Palin has comprehensive health care coverage
« on: August 08, 2009, 10:22:22 AM »
because she has clearly lost her mind and is in dire need of a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation

I mean we know she would never lie so she must actually believe that a "death panel" is being set up to decide who is worthy of life

Note to all Repubs:  Do you feel insulted that your chosen or de facto leaders think so little of you as to pitch such complete and utter bullshit as fact.  They clearly think you're a bunch of morons who will be easily scared by ridiculous lies. 

Seriously, what are the options here.  Palin either knows she's lying or she really believes such nonsense.

Which possibility is worse?

-------------------------------------------------------------
(CNN) — Sarah Palin is accusing President Obama’s health care plan of looking to create a “death panel” that would weigh whether her parents or son Trig were “worthy of health care.”

"Americans delve into the disturbing details of the nationalized health care plan that the current administration is rushing through Congress, our collective jaw is dropping, and we’re saying not just no, but hell no!" the former Alaska governor said in a post on her Facebook page late Friday.

In one of her first public policy statements since leaving office late last month, Palin discounted the administration’s view that the president’s plan would cut health care costs. The only path to lower costs, she said, was less treatment.

"And who will suffer the most when they ration care?" she wrote. "The sick, the elderly, and the disabled, of course. The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil."

Conservatives — including Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, who Palin references in her post — have pointed to a provision in the House health care bill that calls for “advance care planning consultation.” The measure would make available to individuals the option of a consultation with a medical provider who would explain “advance care planning,” if they have not met with a senior medical practitioner within the previous five years. These sessions would be an optional benefit, and would not be mandatory under the legislation.

During these consultations, the doctor would answer questions about care, suggest other professionals to speak with, and offer an explanation of the legal definitions of living wills, powers of attorney and the role of a health care proxy. The doctor would also provide a list of national and state resources devoted to assisting individuals and families with advance care planning; inform people of existing end-of-life services like hospice care, and what sorts of financial benefits are available to help them take advantage of that support; and explain the meaning of different orders that relate to life-sustaining treatment.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/08/08/palin-obama%e2%80%99s-%e2%80%98death-panel%e2%80%99-would-decide-trig%e2%80%99s-care/

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/07/false-euthanasia-claims/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: I hope Sarah Palin has comprehensive health care coverage
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 11:18:59 AM »
"Deathers" - playing to people's fears.  These are the same folks that shouted '911' for 8 years.  Luckliy, most people see thru the fearmongering now.

There are valid reasons to object to Obama's health care ideas - and those certainly warrant discussion.  Also, her use of "my baby" in discussions is why her kids are in the public forum.  She uses them for props when politically convenient.

The good news is that under her own guidance, Palin is probably a month or three away from a major gaffe which will knock her out of contention in 2012.  "Calling up" Politico to deny divorce is taking the bloggers' bait.  She'll bite on something legit and one of them will end up to be proven correct.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 11:49:35 AM »
this is beautiful. I dont' think she is crazy, she is doing her job. ;)

Just like Maher said last night Bush couldn't have known about 9/11 before it happened cause there was knowledge and Bush doesn't have knowledge ::).

I like it how the Repubes have sold themselves as dumb and ignorant. Its a farce.

Its a good distraction for everything else that is happening. People spend more time debating about this twat than things that matter. It's annoying

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 12:14:07 PM »
this is beautiful. I dont' think she is crazy, she is doing her job. ;)

Just like Maher said last night Bush couldn't have known about 9/11 before it happened cause there was knowledge and Bush doesn't have knowledge ::).

I like it how the Repubes have sold themselves as dumb and ignorant. Its a farce.

Its a good distraction for everything else that is happening. People spend more time debating about this twat than things that matter. It's annoying

the problem is that Palin is only one of many who are teeing up this ridiculous charge and there is a segment of dumbfounded dipshits on the right who eat this stuff up.  This crowd is so fucking stupid that Palin and her ilk could serve them a bowl of shit and call it chocolate ice cream and they would eat it up and ask for more

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 12:15:22 PM »
the problem is the Palin is only one of many who are teeing up this ridiculous charge and there is a segment of dumbfounded dipshits on the right who eat this stuff up.  This crowd is so fucking stupid that Palin and her ilk could serve them a bowl of shit and call it chocolate ice cream and they would eat it up and ask for more

:D