Author Topic: Embarrassingly Stupid Americans-One in Five Believes Sun Revolves Around Earth  (Read 6157 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/3/11/embarrassingly-stupid-americans-one-in-five-believes-sun-revolves-around-earth.aspx

Reading -- of books, newspapers and magazines -- is on the decline. A 2007 study even found that 80 percent of American families did not buy or read a book in 2006.
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
no, many americans are quite lazy mentally.

they can tell you the first and last names of the top 12 in American idol, but can't find iraq on a map.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
It was a trick question.
all Americans know that the sun revolves around the the good ol U.S.A.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
no, many americans are quite lazy mentally.

they can tell you the first and last names of the top 12 in American idol, but can't find iraq on a map.

Well, that used to be the case but I think most can figure out where Iraq is.

I work with an American and it's his first time overseas and he thought England was a country and that Tony Blaire had been the prime minister of England.... :o When I told him that he had been the prime minister of the United Kingdom, he said: I had always wondered what that was. :-\
I hate the State.

mikediesel

• Getbig III
I wonder why these surveys don't compare American answers to answers from people from Africa, Europe, and the middle east. Then we would see who really is stupid

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I wonder why these surveys don't compare American answers to answers from people from Africa, Europe, and the middle east. Then we would see who really is stupid

Europe creams the USA in every educational category.

Africa and the Middle East would be the same as the USA.

Common Denominator= a lot of religion= ignorance and stupidity

Europe= little religion= less ignorance and stupidity
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

I disagree here.

You're telling me the average Iraqi or Somali would score as well as an American?  no way.

mikediesel

• Getbig III
[color=red]Europe creams the USA in every educational category.[/color]Africa and the Middle East would be the same as the USA.Common Denominator= a lot of religion= ignorance and stupidity

Where is the proof to the above?

RZA

• Getbig IV
Europe creams the USA in every educational category.

Common Denominator= a lot of religion= ignorance and stupidity

And public schools are far better in most European countries, specially the nordic and western part.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
I disagree here.

You're telling me the average Iraqi or Somali would score as well as an American?  no way.

Have you ever left this country?  Education is the primary importance in the middle-east.  Those arabs will beat any american at sciences and mathematics.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
he thought England was a country and that Tony Blaire had been the prime minister.

Hope you corrected dumbass on Blaire, too.

mikediesel

• Getbig III
Have you ever left this country?  Education is the primary importance in the middle-east.  Those arabs will beat any american at sciences and mathematics.

Been to Iraq and Kuwait, education is not the primary importance. The importance is your family's honor, religion, status in your social circle is second, where you fall in the family inheretence, and who your wife will be. These people are as shallow as the next american, and education is not as important to them as you think it is.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Hope you corrected dumbass on Blaire, too.

My bad. I'm ignorant. I'm American.  ;D
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Been to Iraq and Kuwait, education is not the primary importance. The importance is your family's honor, religion, status in your social circle is second, where you fall in the family inheretence, and who your wife will be. These people are as shallow as the next american, and education is not as important to them as you think it is.

Too much religion, like I said.

You don't believe that Europeans are better educated than Americans?
I hate the State.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Alot of jealous people because the sun shits on their countries while shining bright on America 8)
 ;D

mikediesel

• Getbig III

You don't believe that Europeans are better educated than Americans?

I think both Europe and America have people that are lazy and uneducated. Why do you believe Europeans are better educated than Americans? Because of the article you posted?

RZA

• Getbig IV

First, there's a difference between people from Kuwait and Iraq. All Arabs are not alike. That's a generic term and you put Egyptians, Syrians, Saoudis, etc... on the same level. Iraqi people were for a long time much more educated than most other Arabs from the Middle-East. Palestinians, Syrians or Iraqi have a long history and you can still find very educated people among them. The political turmoil and all the social problems that come with it are largely responsible for their "educational" problems. Go talk to a Saoudi "upper-class" representative and your jaw will drop from witnessing such ignorance.

The Ugly

• Getbig V

Leaping logic, Batman - our public schools booted Jesus along with higher learning standards.

Religion? The Church of Political Correctness, perhaps.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I think both Europe and America have people that are lazy and uneducated. Why do you believe Europeans are better educated than Americans? Because of the article you posted?

They routinely score better than Americans do in mathematics, sciences, social studies and foreign languages. That's why.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Leaping logic, Batman - our public schools booted Jesus along with higher learning standards.

Religion? The Church of Political Correctness perhaps.

We are the only Western country where teaching evolution is controversial. That says a lot, doesn't it?
I hate the State.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
Have you ever left this country?  Education is the primary importance in the middle-east.  Those arabs will beat any american at sciences and mathematics.
Is it science or math to believe that 72 virgins await a suicide bomber in heaven?
BigNationRadio.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Thats nothing, I thought the Earth was flat ??? ??? ??? ;D

remember that idiot host of The View who honestly answered the earth was indeed flat?

mikediesel

• Getbig III
They routinely score better than Americans do in mathematics, sciences, social studies and foreign languages. That's why.

Why are there so many european students attending American universities?