Author Topic: Pumping Irony: Crisis and contradiction in bodybuilding  (Read 15069 times)

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
Re: Pumping Irony: Crisis and contradiction in bodybuilding
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2006, 09:48:42 AM »
The body didn't turn out half bad either not to mention what the sport has done for my confidence level! ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2006, 10:48:40 AM »
I'm not sure dropping 14 names in one email will divert our attention from the fact you used a 1985 resource to defend your argument.

???  huh?  what are you talking about? what 14 names?, what e-mail, and what argument?

Someone wrote an interesting piece. I think the fact that it was written in 1985 is irrelevant. Does that mean Dickens, Shakepeare, or DaVinci should be tossed?

Looks like Richard is the only one that got it.  Try balancing the brawn with some brains. Gee Whiz!

Richard kudos for managing to get through it. The first time I read it, I kept saying to myself, ...man-o-man, is this thing ever going to end? Then I kept looking to see how much closer I was to the end. lol

BTW Shawn, ewwww... too many veins. yecht! I liked your other pictures better.
I'm glad the sport has been good to you, and has helped your confidence level.
I know that Napoleon complex can be so tough on the vertically challenged.
w

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2006, 02:02:31 PM »
this tread died before shwawn got here

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
  • REAL explosive strength!
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2006, 03:58:05 PM »
The body didn't turn out half bad either not to mention what the sport has done for my confidence level! ;D

Shawn, it is always wonderful to get periodic intelligent, well-informed, inputs/posts from an all-American, clean-living, HONEST, ALL-NATURAL, former competitive pro. BBer like yourself!!

A  true man of “strength and honor” who has never, ever, had to admit that he tested positive for using illegal BB drugs/steroids in an effort to CHEAT in BB competition!!

Former/current pro. BBers, like yourself, are truly an inspiration to the youth of America; as your “ilk” would NEVER, EVER, take illegal BB drugs, or ever LIE about taking them in the BB mags!!

In other words, LYING and stating that you helped build your body with JUST the BB mags. heavily marketed/promoted food supplements; for the sole purpose of deceiving and fleecing $$$ from the gullible, ignorant, general public and impressionable American youth  (INSTEAD of HONESTLY stating that you ACTUALLY take/took health/longevity-destroying monstrous stacks of illegal, dangerous/deadly BB drugs, and/or are trafficking in them)!

“Strength and HONOR/CHARACTER”, bro…cuz, if pharmaceutical FREAKS like yourself ever told the TRUTH, the world would come to an end!!

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2006, 04:21:02 PM »
Shawn, it is always wonderful to get periodic intelligent, well-informed, inputs/posts from an all-American, clean-living, HONEST, ALL-NATURAL, former competitive pro. BBer like yourself!!

A  true man of “strength and honor” who has never, ever, had to admit that he tested positive for using illegal BB drugs/steroids in an effort to CHEAT in BB competition!!

Former/current pro. BBers, like yourself, are truly an inspiration to the youth of America; as your “ilk” would NEVER, EVER, take illegal BB drugs, or ever LIE about taking them in the BB mags!!

In other words, LYING and stating that you helped build your body with JUST the BB mags. heavily marketed/promoted food supplements; for the sole purpose of deceiving and fleecing $$$ from the gullible, ignorant, general public and impressionable American youth  (INSTEAD of HONESTLY stating that you ACTUALLY take/took health/longevity-destroying monstrous stacks of illegal, dangerous/deadly BB drugs, and/or are trafficking in them)!

“Strength and HONOR/CHARACTER”, bro…cuz, if pharmaceutical FREAKS like yourself ever told the TRUTH, the world would come to an end!!

yeah, you make some good points but the pharmaceuticals have done wonders for his "confidence level"

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2006, 04:55:35 PM »

pharmaceuticals have helped richard2004...

anti-depressants, that is

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2006, 06:50:18 PM »
Basically, it says BB portrays 3 things to be popular...health, hetorosexuality, and rugged individualism

While in reality, all over the Mecca of BB, peopel are slowly poisoning thier bodies with all kinds of drugs, many young bb's are basically prostituting themselves to other men to keep up their lifestyle, and as for the last one its more of a narcissism than individualism.

But the back double biceps are killer
Valhalla awaits.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2006, 07:35:28 PM »
there's much to cherry pick from those three posts

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
  • REAL explosive strength!
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2006, 09:10:24 PM »
Richard1955, try not to be such a damned fool.

Richard1955…richard2004…duhhh, wish you’d get it straight, HavenbullSHIIT…guess all dem ‘roids you’ve ingested/injected has dissolved your brain cells, as well!!?

Hey, a 49-50yr. difference…why, that’s nearly 50 yrs. of steady working-out…why, that’s some 15 yrs. longer than a drug-freak like you can even hope to LIVE…let alone workout!!

Ahhh…yes...the great Getbig forums’ pastime…making personal attacks/insults and calling names…all directed at total strangers…where would Getbig be without such infantile “freedom of expression”??!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2006, 09:29:11 PM »
BTW Shawn, ewwww... too many veins. yecht! I liked your other pictures better.
I'm glad the sport has been good to you, and has helped your confidence level.
I know that Napoleon complex can be so tough on the vertically challenged.

Ease up, Judi.

Now do you for one minute think that Shawn hasn't had women that look better than you?  I'm willing to wager that he's had MANY women that look better than you, so before you get on your highhorse because your tender sensibilities have been offended, just recognize.  It's not about you, Judi.......

At all.......

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

dmorgan41178

• Getbig II
  • Big Big Big!!!
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2006, 07:06:19 AM »
this thread sux.
Gonna Beat Em'

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2006, 07:09:14 AM »
Hi Richard1955! 

Peg baseballmom
X

dirk digler

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2006, 08:44:03 AM »
The paper by Klien is as relavant today as it was when it was published.

Bones

• Getbig IV
  • 3rd pass thru the buffet line,had to undo my belt
Re: PUMPING IRONY: CRISIS AND CONTRADICTION IN BODYBUILDING
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2006, 09:42:27 AM »
....bailed after paragraph 2
I'm not here to read novels, my attention span is - that long  :P
  Mine is as long as my pecker...and that's not very long at all ;D
Vegas Buffets Rule!!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2006, 09:45:21 AM »

Apparently, he needs to up his dosage............
HAHA, RON.....