Author Topic: POST AND PRE workout shakes are for losers.  (Read 17972 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: POST AND PRE workout shakes are for losers.
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2006, 07:18:53 AM »
Are you looking for a miracle pill or something, your just like every other fat loser you walks into a gym and works out for about a week and says his doesn't see results.
Adonis, time time time.. Your not going to see results from your pre or post workout shakes/meals because it takes time to view the results, I would think a gym rat like yourself would know that, but I see now your totally lost and conviced yourself otherwise. Good luck giving your body what it needs after a workout.

hahhah Dessicated Liver Tablets used to be a must backed by "scientific studies".  Where are they now?

hahahahahah.....A Dextrose shake may only useful for an endurance athlete or long periods of intense exercise.  Your bodybuilding workout I am sure does not require one.  I am also sure my workouts are LONGER and way more INTENSE than any of yours as I do not count sets or reps and go heavy to to failure on all sets.

hahahahah  the Naturals in the 40s and early 50s were on par or better than todays naturals.  That ought to tell you something about the effectiveness of all your silly supplements.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2006, 07:30:31 AM »
hahhah Dessicated Liver Tablets used to be a must backed by "scientific studies".  Where are they now?

The scientists or the tablets? They're still around...I take five right before bed (it's a good source of protein & B-Vitamins).

However, I do agree with you on the Pre/Post Workout shakes. They're overrated & people put way too much stock in them.

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2006, 07:37:45 AM »
Are you looking for a miracle pill or something, your just like every other fat loser you walks into a gym and works out for about a week and says his doesn't see results.
Adonis, time time time.. Your not going to see results from your pre or post workout shakes/meals because it takes time to view the results, I would think a gym rat like yourself would know that, but I see now your totally lost and conviced yourself otherwise. Good luck giving your body what it needs after a workout.

The key to workout out is not how many supplements or post workout shakes you take, it's time and consistency. Not missing a workout in 5 years and being intense will make you grow not a "window of opportunity" for a shake.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2006, 08:09:35 AM »
desicated liver may actually be good. just because a supplement isn't used any more doesn't mean it's because it doesn't work. 95% of supplements out there now don't work and they are being sold. why? because it's just money. there probably isn't a lot of proffit in desicated liver. by the way old school supplements probably do work better because the guys used them not because of ads and garbage (that's now) in the past there wasn't the super-mega million dollar marketing there is now for supplements.

pushinweightwi

• Getbig III
  • One man's trash, is another man's treasure.BSpears
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2006, 04:13:09 PM »
Well TA if you ate before your workout(maybe an hour or 2) and then trained for 1-2 hours wouldnt it be time to eat again anyways?  You also never said if you eat anything after a workout.

pushinweightwi

• Getbig III
  • One man's trash, is another man's treasure.BSpears
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2006, 04:15:43 PM »
Oh I almost forgot, about 6 years ago I remeber an add for a Protein/carb drink made by Reeves.  He said it was based on a recipe he used for his PRE/POST shake with milk protein and fruit.  So they did use them.  I believe it was on the back cover of an Ironman?

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2006, 04:26:33 PM »

hahahahahah.....A Dextrose shake may only useful for an endurance athlete or long periods of intense exercise.  Your bodybuilding workout I am sure does not require one.  I am also sure my workouts are LONGER and way more INTENSE than any of yours as I do not count sets or reps and go heavy to to failure on all sets.

hahahahah  the Naturals in the 40s and early 50s were on par or better than todays naturals.  That ought to tell you something about the effectiveness of all your silly supplements.

I go BEYOND failure...therefore I train more intense than you. YOU LOSE :-*

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2006, 07:13:34 PM »
I go BEYOND failure...therefore I train more intense than you. YOU LOSE :-*

Monster Dork

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2006, 08:59:34 AM »
I eat every 3 hours.  If I happen to have a meal before I workout or so, I just wait about 3 hours.

I don`t go looking for "the window". hahhahhahah

Theres no truth to it since I am not being an endurance athlete,although I do train with many many sets and reps and heavy weight.

I usually work out at night and have my carbs the first 2 meals so I just eat some kind of protein source after I workout.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2006, 09:21:39 AM »
you will never be 4% without drugs. 99% of the olympia competitors are not 4%.

hahhahahah, I know a ton of
Lifetime naturals that have better conditioning than most IFBB pros.  Thats one thing you can`t take away from a natural, the ability to get to crazy low bodyfat if you know what you are doing and are willing to take the time to do it.

!@#$%

• Getbig III
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2006, 03:02:54 PM »

Do you have a link to the actual study, that Dextrose is useful to endurance athletes?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2006, 07:53:51 PM »
lol...its pretty damn funny how some guys are posting on a bodybuilding board and have no clue about basic nutrition.

well if u eat 5 or 6 times a day the nutrients will stay in your body so there is no reason for a post workout shake...lol.

leroy colbert and john grimick didnt care about post workout shakes.

lol...the shit is just so idiotic its comical.

Last time I checked, the post-workout shake counts as one of those meals. For me, it's either #5 or #7, depending on when I train.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2006, 03:25:38 AM »

i take 3 tabs before and 3 post... same for BCAAs... Liver tabs are cheap and a good source of protein and vit B

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2006, 04:29:17 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,

They don`t do a thing.

Uh.....yes they do.  Hi glycemic carb (Dextrose) + Whey + BCAA + Creatine did wonders for me as I gained about 12lbs of muscle and little to no fat in 2 months.  Try it and you will get great results.  I strongly suggest the Anator or Myozene product if you are looking to gain lean mass.

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2006, 09:37:05 AM »

No Ta you don't train. You look like a 150 natural fool, or a 150 steriod fool, but all in all a shake before and after is a must because it is a meal in your 3 hour window to keep your body in a anabolic state fool. Again when you workout and drain your body of simple sugars that fuel your workouts, and also the 40 grams of carbs stored in your liver, [at any given time] your body goes into a catabolic state and eats away at your 'torn' muscle fibers. So TA go luck mantaining or building muscle when you eat your meal #5 of ice cream and twinkies.

Anabolic: Pertaining to the putting together of complex substances from simples ones, especially to the building of muscle protein from amino acids.

Catabolic: The aspect of metabolism which converts nutrients or complex substances in living cells into simpler compounds with the release of energy, such as cortisol catabolizing muscle protein into glucose for quick energy.

Read carefully TA, my name that is.