Author Topic: Saints Chosen by NFL to repeat, what a load of ref controlled SHIT  (Read 4508 times)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
Re: Saints Chosen by NFL to repeat, what a load of ref controlled SHIT
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2010, 11:58:52 AM »
my fantasy team has brees and vikings defense.

basically a shitty game for me last night.
Deep Tissue Massage

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2010, 12:03:06 PM »
Who's your pick to be in the super bowl and to win?

Not the Vikings

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 12:04:36 PM »
Not the Vikings

Well you have a 31 outta 32 chance of being right then.  Well done ;D

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2010, 12:10:49 PM »
i mean i understand the Patriots getting their first superbowl right after 911 when the NFL's only PATRIOTIC American symbolic team won it all, and then the Katrina hurricane granted the Saints their first superbowl win.

but you think the NFL will gift wrap the saints another superbowl just because of the BP oil spill  ???

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2010, 12:40:13 PM »
i mean i understand the Patriots getting their first superbowl right after 911 when the NFL's only PATRIOTIC American symbolic team won it all, and then the Katrina hurricane granted the Saints their first superbowl win.

but you think the NFL will gift wrap the saints another superbowl just because of the BP oil spill  ???

If the NFL gift wrapped the superbowl for the Saints why did it take them years to do it? I mean Katrina was in 05' they won the 09' season the logic of the NFL giving teams the superbowl is idiotic.
You Can't Do It!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2010, 12:56:57 PM »

No disaster hit the Tampa Bay area in 2002.

;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2010, 12:59:53 PM »
and then the Katrina hurricane granted the Saints their first superbowl win.

yeah 4 years after katrina ::)

if you think the fix was in, why didn't the saints beat the bears in the nfc title game only one year after katrina?

E
E

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2010, 01:09:31 PM »

if you think the fix was in, why didn't the saints beat the bears in the nfc title game only one year after katrina?

E

I wonder if people even really use logic when coming up with these theories lol?
You Can't Do It!!!

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2010, 01:16:19 PM »

E

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2010, 01:25:07 PM »
How would the NFL benefit by "gift wrapping" a superbowl for tbe Saints?

saints vs the colts was the most watched sporting event ever.  the nfl sold the whole redemption and katrina comeback story the minute the saints stepped in the playoffs.  there was no way the league was going to past. 

1. rickey jackson 1st saint in hall of fame
2. nfl continued pushing the story how they donated 30M to bring the superdome back but the city is stil FUCKED up.
3. katrina humanitarian award after award going to brees, etc 4 damn yrs after the storm

Why would the commisioner care?

why wouldnt they want the biggest televised sporting event ever associated with the nfl?

I mean their running back has single handedly put his former college team in tons of trouble.

like nfl gives a f##k about college scandals.  ::)

.. And he hasnt even been playing that great as a pro.

the guy took money, didnt kill anyone.  you think he is the first to have a ncaa team slammed

Shockey is not exactly a role model either

nfl dont give a f##k.  ray lewis was mixed up in 2 guys getting killed during superbowl week.  the nfl knows you groupie b###hes will follow the league no matter the crime. 

drew brees is great though.

f##k em

But why would the NFL benefit from the Saints winning the superbowl?

didnt i just answer the "fell good story", "helping bring the city back", "how they put up 30M for renovate the dome", etc.  why the f##k not?

Why not the cowboys, colts, or patriots?

didnt i just answer why the saints vs these teams?  you cant attach katrina to any of those teams

my parents are immigrants but i was born and raised in LA.  let them win it fair and square.  dont do this kind of BS build up.  no body was going to get a call against the team last season to stop them from winning the game.  if it's in the leagure best interest and they can continue to milk this s##t...the saints will win again. 

powermaxx9

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2010, 03:16:18 PM »
farve was terrible, he's lost the touch, age got him  :P

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2010, 03:22:41 PM »

He will have over 3500 yards, 30 td's, and less than 14 picks this year.  Bank it.

Last night was just rust, and it was against the defending champs.  I can't believe you Favre bashers haven't learned your lesson yet about doubting him.  He has been in 2 of the last 3 NFC championship games.  Know any other qb that has done that between 38-40 years old?

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2010, 05:30:47 PM »

Well, if push comes to shove, I'd rather see that then Rapelisberger and the Lombardi Stealers get a third gift at the end of the season.  I've never seen two games so blatantly called in favor of a team as their last two super bowl appearances.  I refuse to say victories since all they did was appear to obtain the title.  Big Ben musta cornered a couple refs in a dark bathroom at the end of the hall  b4 the games with little ben in hand and a threatening disposition :(

straight up

The steelers got schooled by other teams in reg season and then win sb each time?
I more than even think whole thing is fixed which sucks cuz then my pats were fixed too! [goes and retaches]

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2010, 05:32:33 PM »
straight up

The steelers got schooled by other teams in reg season and then win sb each time?
I more than even think whole thing is fixed which sucks cuz then my pats were fixed too! [goes and retaches]

Steelers Vs Seahawks was the biggest inside job i ever seen, and i could careless if the seahawks win

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2010, 05:37:47 PM »
Steelers Vs Seahawks was the biggest inside job i ever seen, and i could careless if the seahawks win

Indeed.....i don't go for "fix" theories as a rule, but that game had me thinking WTF is going on here

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2010, 08:03:07 PM »
I guess all you guys believing in the "fixed" theory also believe in the never get an injury all year fairy. That allows all players on the "chosen" team to never get an injury....You guys are seriously pathetic....I could understand a game or two to be thrown, but not a whole season, grow up....
You Can't Do It!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2010, 08:29:49 PM »
its an interesting point.  People lie and make/break the rules all the time for hundreds of dollars at their jobs.  People commit felonies for thousands of dollars.  Hell, they kill for thousands.

For millions... people will start wars, right?  They'll cause panics and anything else, for millions.

Now, the NFL makes what, $8 BILLION a year?  I can see them bending some rules and fixing some games and creatively 'managing' some injuries, outcomes, dream stories, etc.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2010, 08:34:05 PM »
its an interesting point.  People lie and make/break the rules all the time for hundreds of dollars at their jobs.  People commit felonies for thousands of dollars.  Hell, they kill for thousands.

For millions... people will start wars, right?  They'll cause panics and anything else, for millions.

Now, the NFL makes what, $8 BILLION a year?  I can see them bending some rules and fixing some games and creatively 'managing' some injuries, outcomes, dream stories, etc.

Rob I respect you more than this....It is much more difficult to manufacture a whole season of no serious injuries and refs throwing the right flags than to manufacture a war with minimum media exposure at war sites....Its not like 70k fans are watching war activities as they happen....
You Can't Do It!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2010, 08:42:35 PM »
Rob I respect you more than this....It is much more difficult to manufacture a whole season of no serious injuries and refs throwing the right flags than to manufacture a war with minimum media exposure at war sites....Its not like 70k fans are watching war activities as they happen....

I don't mean a whole season would be manufactured.  I just mean, that in a game of inches and such subjective evaluations... it wouldn't be hard for the refs to 'know' the 4 or 5 teams that would be the most marketable for a playoff and super bowl matchup.

I don't mean the players play at anything less than 100%.... I just mean on calls like holding, pass interference, spotting the ball, etc, the refs can influence games.  that Steelers game - you know, the feelgood story as Bettis got his ring and went out on top - had a lot of calls go against the Seahawks.

So that's my take.  We KNOW it happened in the NBA, refs knew who they wanted to win series, and they did change who won pivotal games.

If "I" ran the NFL... and I could ask a few refs to lean one way, and I'd end up with an extra $500 mil in ad revenue from playoff tv time.... hell yes I'd lean on it. :)

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2010, 08:46:56 PM »
I don't mean a whole season would be manufactured.  I just mean, that in a game of inches and such subjective evaluations... it wouldn't be hard for the refs to 'know' the 4 or 5 teams that would be the most marketable for a playoff and super bowl matchup.

I don't mean the players play at anything less than 100%.... I just mean on calls like holding, pass interference, spotting the ball, etc, the refs can influence games.  that Steelers game - you know, the feelgood story as Bettis got his ring and went out on top - had a lot of calls go against the Seahawks.

So that's my take.  We KNOW it happened in the NBA, refs knew who they wanted to win series, and they did change who won pivotal games.

If "I" ran the NFL... and I could ask a few refs to lean one way, and I'd end up with an extra $500 mil in ad revenue from playoff tv time.... hell yes I'd lean on it. :)

That is what I am saying....In big games I can believe it, but people in this thread are saying a whole season is manufactured............ ........
You Can't Do It!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2010, 09:01:45 PM »

That is what I am saying....In big games I can believe it, but people in this thread are saying a whole season is manufactured............ ........

I guess the thinking is...

if you toss enough calls in favor of the teams you like in every game... by the time the playoffs roll around, you'll have 9 of 12 teams being those deemed most profitable.

We've seen some stinkers in sports... Spurs and Nets?  LOL... you have Lakers vs. Cavs, you make a shitload more $.  Remember HOW BAD the refs tried to give the ORL-CLEVE series to lebron 2 years ago?  It was pathetic.  They wanted that laker/cav final so bad.  Dwight howard was called for EVERYTHING.  And the magic still won.  It was like they had to beat the cavs and the refs.  IMO, the fix was def in there.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2010, 09:05:37 PM »
I guess the thinking is...

if you toss enough calls in favor of the teams you like in every game... by the time the playoffs roll around, you'll have 9 of 12 teams being those deemed most profitable.

We've seen some stinkers in sports... Spurs and Nets?  LOL... you have Lakers vs. Cavs, you make a shitload more $.  Remember HOW BAD the refs tried to give the ORL-CLEVE series to lebron 2 years ago?  It was pathetic.  They wanted that laker/cav final so bad.  Dwight howard was called for EVERYTHING.  And the magic still won.  It was like they had to beat the cavs and the refs.  IMO, the fix was def in there.

Lets move this back to football....When they had a chance to let the Saint's beat the Bears why didn't they take it? Why did they let the bears go against the Colts....It would have been the same match up as 09'
You Can't Do It!!!

CC973

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2010, 09:13:51 PM »

lol. give that man a week or 2 to knock off some of the rust. he'll be as good as he was last year.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2010, 09:17:48 PM »
lol. give that man a week or 2 to knock off some of the rust. he'll be as good as he was last year.

Not with the Williams Wall falling like it did to a mid ranked Saints D....lol
You Can't Do It!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2010, 09:22:56 PM »
Lets move this back to football....When they had a chance to let the Saint's beat the Bears why didn't they take it? Why did they let the bears go against the Colts....It would have been the same match up as 09'

Bears killed the Saints 39-14 in a snowy ugly, smashmouth game.  A small 'lean' fix only works when shit is close, as it was last year in the NFC championship.  Sometimes a shitty selling team just kicks the crap outta the media darlings.

Then they had to go to Plan B, "Two black coaches meet for the first time"

They have a narrative planned to sell every game, that one was cool too.  but not nearly as big as "an entire city devestated has its return to glory!" a year later.