Author Topic: Why do atheists think they're smarter than most people?  (Read 52473 times)

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
Why do atheists think they're smarter than most people?
« on: August 30, 2013, 09:48:08 PM »
The ones I know like to think they are smarter than others yet they are stupids.

Discuss

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
Re: Why do atheists think they're smarter than most people?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 09:55:30 PM »
The ones I know like to think they are smarter than others yet they are stupids.

Discuss

No need to discuss believer Wigg  ;D ;D ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 09:59:39 PM »

Discuss
5 minutes before TA posts on this.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 10:24:19 PM »
5 minutes before TA posts on this.

I've noticed him posting about this. He really thinks that because you believe in God you are automatically a dumb, stupid person. What a bunch of crap, just like being christian/catholic doesn't mean you are a better person. See uberman in example, dude is religious and he's very intelligent yet I don't think most guys on here like him.  :D

Again, I know some atheists personally  and they all think they are smarter than religious people, delusional dumbfucks, I'm religious and I wipe the floor with them  :D.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 10:27:31 PM »
I think God made them a lot more smarter than us as a little treat to make up for them burning in Hell for eternity.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 10:33:02 PM »
Most atheists are liberal....that there is an answer in itself

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 10:34:03 PM »
With the death of God man was forced to deify the intellect which killed Him.

And nobody thinks of himself as below average.  Where's the fun in that?  Peon.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 01:47:17 AM »
I'm an atheist and noticed some atheists are dumb and very rude. But many are real cool. I think they think they are smarter because they refuse to believe any of these world religions that are obviously bs. Yes lots of good wisdom in these religions but the supernatural stories are bogus, if there is a god he hasn't made himself known to any person...ever.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 06:26:58 AM »
With the death of God man was forced to deify the intellect which killed Him.

And nobody thinks of himself as below average.  Where's the fun in that?  Peon.

Everyone thinks they're a little smarter than the next fella.

I used to think so in my youth too.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 06:37:44 AM »
1) we do not believe that the universe is only 6000 years old.
2)We do not believe that humans roamed and walked with dinosaurs.
3) We do not believe that praying for your sons diabetes to go away is better than giving him an insulin shot.
4) We do not believe the rapture is going to happen.
5) we do not believe that Jesus Christ has showed himself in a cheeto.

And there are thousands, if not millions, of other strange ideas that religious people think and believe.

How can anyone suspend their logic to such an extent, to believe the above fairy tales? Its laughable, at best.

Yes, someone actually believed that this was a sign of JC in the form of a cheeto

Yes, ride that dinosaur, you human.
X

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 06:51:26 AM »
They are told that if you believe in this, that or the other you are "enlightened".

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 06:52:14 AM »
Most prominent atheists are academics or at the least college educated, many of whom have a background in the sciences.  
A

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 06:58:26 AM »
Most prominent atheists are academics or at the least college educated, many of whom have a background in the sciences.  

That strikes TA out

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 07:12:25 AM »

Discuss

Because most believers don't even know the bible and atheists do and you're going to argue that it's the bedrock on which morality is based on and don't know how fucked up the ' old testament ' is and clings to the irrational despite facts to the contrary

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 07:22:00 AM »
There are plenty of evidence that God exist ,if you don't believe in God you're a fucking idiot, I hope this helps

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 07:32:28 AM »
There are plenty of evidence that God exist ,if you don't believe in God you're a fucking idiot, I hope this helps

;D
X

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 07:36:53 AM »
I've noticed him posting about this. He really thinks that because you believe in God you are automatically a dumb, stupid person. What a bunch of crap, just like being christian/catholic doesn't mean you are a better person. See uberman in example, dude is religious and he's very intelligent yet I don't think most guys on here like him.  :D

Again, I know some atheists personally  and they all think they are smarter than religious people, delusional dumbfucks, I'm religious and I wipe the floor with them  :D.

I know many intelligent religious people but tbh it's mostly cultural. 

A lot of latin/italian guys here may be catholic/christian because that's how we've been brought up. Had you been born elsewhere perhaps you'd have different beliefs...

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 07:43:37 AM »
I have not noticed atheists to be better at anything just by virtue of being atheists. I find religious affliction a poor way of judging people.

Many atheists turns out to be scum of the earth, not intelligent at all, immature with deplorable morals and ethics, calling them selves atheists just to pat them selves on the back and in their mind one up everyone else.

While the Christian people I have met have been the direct opposite of this.

Fundamental extremist atheists of peace ruins it for the good atheists that also exists, just as it happens in every religion (to various degrees).

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 07:43:43 AM »

Which God?  ;) plenty of ' evidence ' for all of them yet no one agrees on who or what God is , Are the Jews right? The Christians? How about the Muslims? they all are 100% sure without any doubt what so ever their brand is correct and yours is false , they all can't be correct. However they can all be flat out wrong  8)

No evidence for God which is why he is a belief  :D 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 09:45:51 AM »
I have not noticed atheists to be better at anything just by virtue of being atheists. I find religious affliction a poor way of judging people.

Many atheists turns out to be scum of the earth, not intelligent at all, immature with deplorable morals and ethics, calling them selves atheists just to pat them selves on the back and in their mind one up everyone else.

While the Christian people I have met have been the direct opposite of this.

Fundamental extremist atheists of peace ruins it for the good atheists that also exists, just as it happens in every religion (to various degrees).

"Affliction"?  Do you mean "affiliation"?  (lol.  I guess "affliction" works if you are an atheist.)

I agree with the guy above who thinks that religious beliefs are mostly cultural.  And for such people (who've been raised with a particular religious belief) it is a mistake to judge their mental competence based on the fact that they believe in "magic". 

OTH...Because my wife is Thai I know of a lot of Thai women who are married to western guys (here in the USA) who are recent converts to the Christian faith and almost without exception these women are the very dumbest of the Thai women we know who've immigrated here.  The ones who remain Buddhist or are somewhat agnostic are much, much smarter than the recent Christian converts. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 09:50:25 AM »

which god are you talking about?

Quatzequatel ?

Poseidon ?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 10:27:49 AM »
Atheism is a religion in itself.

It's better to read scripture, learn from nature, delve into mathematics and keep an open mind and ear in general. The truth, if you can ever find it, tends to be equally calibrated against many fields of differing origin.
Being of an academic background is often used as a means of leverage against "unqualified" or unwanted facts or curious doubt of established systems.

Scientists who research unpleasant or nonprofitable matters tend to get swept under the carpet.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 10:30:13 AM »

It's better to read scripture, learn from nature, delve into mathematics and keep an open mind and ear in general. The truth, if you can ever find it, tends to be equally calibrated against many fields of differing origin.
Being of an academic background is often used as a means of leverage against "unqualified" or unwanted facts or curious doubt of established systems.

Scientists who research unpleasant or nonprofitable matters tend to get swept under the carpet.

Religious people are the most close minded.

Religious person - "I know my god exists and nothing you say or will do will make me change my mind"

How is this remaining open minded? ??? ::)
X

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 10:39:35 AM »
No... You need to look up the word religion in a dictionary. Religion is belief is something superstitious.

Atheists doesn't believe in anything superstitious. Therefore they are not religious. That's all there is to it.

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2013, 10:40:42 AM »
Because they are.  ;D

"Religious people are likely to be less intelligent than their atheist counterparts, a study claims. The analysis, which looked at almost a century of data, found a negative correlation between high IQs and religiosity.

Professors Miron Zuckerman and Jordan Silberman, from the University of Rochester, looked at 63 studies in the field carried out between 1938 and 2012. In their paper, entitled “The Relation Between Intelligence and Religiosity: A Meta-Analysis and Some Proposed Explanations,” Zuckerman and Silberman drew the conclusion that the majority of studies found that more intelligent people were less likely to subscribe to organized religion." - The Relation Between Intelligence and Religiosity: A Meta-Analysis and Some Proposed Explanations Pers Soc Psychol Rev 1088868313497266, first published on August 6, 2013