Author Topic: Why do atheists think they're smarter than most people?  (Read 52468 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Why do atheists think they're smarter than most people?
« Reply #475 on: November 12, 2013, 11:38:37 PM »

Problem in this matter is simple: you all have point of view were the religions are work of god, and therefore mysterious. Take a while and try to think that religions are work of mankind, and you start to see how and why they manipulate people for certain purposes. If we take the muslim religion and strip it to the bone, what we will see? Set of orders which are based to the fact that women has to be slave to the man, and men has right to fuck everything which has pulse, no matter about species, age etc. Everything else in their book is utterly bullshit. There is set of commands in every religion because they are invented for crowd control, to make people busy with  the religion, so they will be easier to rule. And what comes first in all western religions? Money. Religion is big business in any western countries. Thank god we have the evolution, which clearly has rise the IQ of the man near the level, where they abandon religion. Tens of thousands has abandon their religion in europe per year, so one day we will see how the religions die away.
i think you went a little overboard there buddy. Being purmiscious is frowned upon for both sexes...
 Basically balance---harmony...man/woman needs laws to achieve balance/harmony (read moderation) because we are prone to excessive indulgences, which then creates chaos.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #476 on: November 13, 2013, 11:18:20 AM »
hey just bc theres some unexplainable stories in bible, and bc every religion believes in their god, doesnt mean theres some creative force out there.

i dont subscribe to any religion btw,but they have some valueable things going.

we are a nothing in the universe.

we dont know much.

one guy said the scientists have a theory for what was before big bang, well yeah i heard them all before, very entertaining, multi verse, inflating then deflating ,paralel universes etc.

but the religious ones could just bring up their theory,claiming its some godly force behind it.

religions will have some explaining to do when exterriarls come to earth, if they do,lol.

im on the fence on this issue.

not the Bible, in fact according to the Bible ET have already visited the Earth and have procreated with woman and have had on off spring that populated the Earth before the flood.  ;)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #477 on: November 13, 2013, 11:20:18 AM »
What good is faith?

faith is everything according to the Bible

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #478 on: November 13, 2013, 11:21:57 AM »
faith is everything according to the Bible
I can`t see any practical use for faith.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #479 on: November 13, 2013, 11:25:53 AM »
I can`t see any practical use for faith.
But you are in the material world and do not have a part in spiritual matters, which are way more important and significant in reality because the spiritual realm is forever and the life is but a mere hair of a fraction in comparison, unfortunately for you, you have not tapped into this yet, or maybe never.  :-\

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #480 on: November 13, 2013, 11:29:58 AM »
But you are in the material world and do not have a part in spiritual matters, which are way more important and significant in reality because the spiritual realm is forever and the life is but a mere hair of a fraction in comparison, unfortunately for you, you have not tapped into this yet, or maybe never.  :-\

If that "spiritual life" is so much why would you bother trying to prolong your life?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #481 on: November 13, 2013, 11:32:53 AM »
If that "spiritual life" is so much why would you bother trying to prolong your life?
Because I have duties but believe me dying would be better, you are right about that concept, as much as I love life and think it is good, what God has planned for us after death is better.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #482 on: November 13, 2013, 11:34:24 AM »
Because I have duties but believe me dying would be better, you are right about that concept, as much as I love life and think it is good, what God has planned for us after death is better.
That is a very strange way to think about life.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #483 on: November 13, 2013, 11:46:36 AM »

or not..

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #484 on: November 13, 2013, 11:49:05 AM »

I do believe this will make the actual dying part a little less distressing. That's about it, though.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #485 on: November 13, 2013, 11:59:08 AM »
Agreed. 

When a person has no concept of anything beyond the death in this life I can understand how ridiculous it would appear for someone else to be excited about what lies ahead after that death. 

For me, I simply humbled myself to the idea that there must to be something more that what I understood if others were willing to give their lives for the will of Jesus Christ......and were happy about it LOL.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #486 on: November 13, 2013, 12:38:20 PM »
strange is something that rarely happens, you know 1 in a million is strange but when half the world thinks this way I find it highly inappropriate for you to classify it as strange. Thinking there is nothing after death to me sounds strange as well.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #487 on: November 13, 2013, 01:16:58 PM »
Thinking there is nothing after death to me sounds strange as well.

But the brain stops working, no more thought. Why would that sound strange?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #488 on: November 13, 2013, 01:26:54 PM »
But the brain stops working, no more thought. Why would that sound strange?
because the body is only a temporary entity where the spirit resides, the spirit carries on in another way our 5 sense can not comprehend.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #489 on: November 13, 2013, 01:29:20 PM »
because the body is only a temporary entity where the spirit resides, the spirit carries on in another way our 5 sense can not comprehend.

That doesn't sound strange to you? Not the "millions who also believe," but you.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #490 on: November 13, 2013, 01:31:46 PM »
That doesn't sound strange to you? Not the "millions who also believe," but you.
I am not trolling or have anything against you but what you think sounds so strange to me, how you think it ends all at death is the strangest thing in the world to me, but hey to each their own, your entitled to your beliefs.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #491 on: November 13, 2013, 02:56:19 PM »
I am not trolling or have anything against you but what you think sounds so strange to me, how you think it ends all at death is the strangest thing in the world to me, but hey to each their own, your entitled to your beliefs.

Ok, fair enough.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #492 on: November 13, 2013, 03:49:53 PM »
That doesn't make any sense, why not checkout now then.  Like living in a prison when you are allowed to leave at any time.  If people actually believed that, they would simply check out.  It just sounds like another nice fairy tale religious people tell themselves rather than accepting that no one knows what happens after death. You ever notice how it's always this COMFORTING illusion that is chosen.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #493 on: November 13, 2013, 03:51:05 PM »
strange is something that rarely happens, you know 1 in a million is strange but when half the world thinks this way I find it highly inappropriate for you to classify it as strange. Thinking there is nothing after death to me sounds strange as well.
You were nothing before you were born, why not after death?
V

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #494 on: November 13, 2013, 04:13:30 PM »
isnt the spirit only a bunch of random strategies of survival stored in your brain that come from all the previous people who breeded with each others?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #495 on: November 13, 2013, 04:18:44 PM »
Froth not from thine mouth, my atheistic brethren.  :(

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #496 on: November 13, 2013, 11:15:11 PM »
That doesn't make any sense, why not checkout now then.  Like living in a prison when you are allowed to leave at any time.  If people actually believed that, they would simply check out.  It just sounds like another nice fairy tale religious people tell themselves rather than accepting that no one knows what happens after death. You ever notice how it's always this COMFORTING illusion that is chosen.
I agree, I do not know, my belief is based on faith.

As for checking out, it does not work that way, lol, we have duties here and are judged on both are selfishness and selflessness.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #497 on: November 13, 2013, 11:20:14 PM »
haha.  doodies.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #498 on: November 13, 2013, 11:23:57 PM »
The only reason people believe in an afterlife is because they fear death. Plain and simple.
X

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #499 on: November 13, 2013, 11:25:41 PM »
The only reason people believe in an afterlife is because they fear death. Plain and simple.
::)