Author Topic: How do you feel about supporting someone who is "entitled"??  (Read 18295 times)

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
Re: How do you feel about supporting someone who is "entitled"??
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 07:08:11 PM »
  Most of the Navy Docs that were with us USMC were homosexual.

Bro I do not know whose service you were in do you? Was with Marines before undergrad and then went back in for Desert Storm-- nonobligated as a doctor. Was with you guys for an additional year as an O5. Was O6 when I got out. Was Battalion Surgeon for about 1500 Marines-- believe me looked and played the part well- thus the O6. Was into nerve agents. Trained at Hopkins-- the Marines loved me bro.

I have nothing derogatory to say about USMC-- great organization-- great people. Whle I may have known a few Corpsmen that may have been gay, so too did I know a few Marines that took it up the ass.

Oh I am a Neurosurg.-- trained at Johns Hopkins, and probably could kick ur ass at a competition. I wouldn't do that bro. You're family. Just try to unload your subconscious homosexual intonations
on someone else bro.

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 07:15:19 PM »
This is why doctors and the medical profession have become despised by the mainstream.  Being a doctor used to be considered a good thing, people would respect them and look to them for guidance,  Now they are just arseholes who are only after money and have none of the qualities that traditionally were attributed to a good doctor, compassion, understanding reasonableness, altruism etc etc.  Sadly, the majority of people attracted to the medical profession have a GOD Complex and enjoy some sick sadistic power over others, hardly a combination that a sick patient would be drawn too.  If you are making hundreds of thousands of dollars and living life large and yet you are deeply troubled and resentful of the least amongst us, you have serious issues, it might be time to use that large pay-check for some serious psychiatric intervention.  It's amazing with the money, education and lifestyle you have your headspace is easily rented by a mentally defective poverty stricken gym goer, how sad.

Either you feel "entitled" or jealous as shit man. Get a life ... U need
to hook up with the Marine that seems fixated on fucking someone's ass.  NO HOMO

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 07:15:59 PM »
boooom
follow the arrows

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 07:45:27 PM »
Either you feel "entitled" or jealous as shit man. Get a life ... U need
to hook up with the Marine that seems fixated on fucking someone's ass.  NO HOMO

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money
Jealous!, you're the one upset at some guy who has found a way to do what he wants with his life all the while you're earning hundreds of thousands of dollars and obviously miserable.  I could never be jealous of someone who has been obviously ENTITLED with the resources to achieve an education and a job that pays him well above the majority of the population and is yet somehow unappreciative and bitter at those who haven't had the PRIVILEGE or the ENTITLEMENTS to reach such a position.  If anything, I feel deeply sorry for you.  You obviously hate your life and are upset at some guy who has what you want, free time to live as he chooses, your excuse that you are somehow supporting him (never mind the millions of other people who pay taxes) and your rejection of his issues is indicative of something deep inside troubling you.

It appears you are projecting, perhaps you secretly have a desire to be free of the responsibilities you know face, the lifestyle that you know have, perhaps you secretly harbour a need to be cared for and looked after, perhaps you want more freedom and a less burdensome lifestyle, so when you see someone who appears to have such things you project your unconscious desires onto him, because to accept them within yourself would cause you too much mental anguish and make it harder to perform your duties.  And because you despise these unconscious desires within yourself you lash out at those who currently living the lifestyle that you claim to detest.  Anyway, good luck with being just one more PROFESSIONAL ARSEHOLE!

Some guy opens up to you about his struggles with life and your only reaction you have is too think "GET A FUCKING JOB YOU SCUMBAG" and then post a thread about it on a body-building forum whining and bitching about it, all the while big noting yourself by talking about how you earn hundreds of thousands of dollars.  What a douchebag, you are obviously raised with a sense of entitlement with Parents middle class money and never had a real struggle in your life.  it is not hard to work out who has the sense of ENTITLEMENT!
V

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2013, 08:03:37 PM »
When the government stops giving billions of tax payer dollars to other countries for god knows what, then and only then will I worry about the people in this country being helped out. How many Billions of your money is being funneled to Afghan Warlords? African Warlords etc. I'd rather see my tax dollar go to some schitzo who works out twice a day than to some Warlords who kill women and children for fun.

I hate supporting welfare bludgers, but do you really think the o/s spending is welfare?  I always saw it as money spent to get money back.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 08:06:06 PM »
Jealous!, you're the one upset at some guy who has found a way to do what he wants with his life all the while you're earning hundreds of thousands of dollars and obviously miserable.  I could never be jealous of someone who has been obviously ENTITLED with the resources to achieve an education and a job that pays him well above the majority of the population and is yet somehow unappreciative and bitter at those who haven't had the PRIVILEGE or the ENTITLEMENTS to reach such a position.  If anything, I feel deeply sorry for you.  You obviously hate your life and are upset at some guy who has what you want, free time to live as he chooses, your excuse that you are somehow supporting him (never mind the millions of other people who pay taxes) and your rejection of his issues is indicative of something deep inside troubling you.

It appears you are projecting, perhaps you secretly have a desire to be free of the responsibilities you know face, the lifestyle that you know have, perhaps you secretly harbour a need to be cared for and looked after, perhaps you want more freedom and a less burdensome lifestyle, so when you see someone who appears to have such things you project your unconscious desires onto him, because to accept them within yourself would cause you too much mental anguish and make it harder to perform your duties.  And because you despise these unconscious desires within yourself you lash out at those who currently living the lifestyle that you claim to detest.  Anyway, good luck with being just one more PROFESSIONAL ARSEHOLE!

Some guy opens up to you about his struggles with life and your only reaction you have is too think "GET A FUCKING JOB YOU SCUMBAG" and then post a thread about it on a body-building forum whining and bitching about it, all the while big noting yourself by talking about how you earn hundreds of thousands of dollars.  What a douchebag, you are obviously raised with a sense of entitlement with Parents middle class money and never had a real struggle in your life.  it is not hard to work out who has the sense of ENTITLEMENT!

Yeah, pretty crappy of him to do that.
X

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 08:06:35 PM »
Guys you can't be jealous of physicians...

I had to go through 13 years of school after high school, my entire 20s was spent studying my ass off, pulling all nighters, hitting the library every Friday and Saturday night while all my friends went out drinking!  And now, in my mid 30 s what do I have?

I do get paid well BUT, I work 70 hours a week, have no life, be on call 24 hours a week for 2 weeks straight, have 160k in student loans.  
On top of that docs get about 12 cents on every dollar charged...
You bill 100, get about 50 from insurance, then 25 of that goes to overhead, then 49.6% of that goes to the gov, leaving you 12 bucks.  
Then every year you find out taxes are going up, reimbursements going down , etc!!!

So yeah, when you hear that a certain doc is making some money realize the extreme time, money energy commitment put in. And yes most of my fellow docs are compassionate.  I often treat about 10 percent of my patients at no charge, do surgery for 90% off if someone has no money, on and on.  Shit, I go into the hospital all the time to see a consult for free!  Yes, free!

So, just because someone is making over 250 k, don't believe Obama that they are evil, they worked DAMN hard and made huge sacrifices to be in that position.
you are gay.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2013, 08:09:46 PM »
Lol.
The Corpsmen I knew weren't bad. Although, many of them seemed to love the pedo-stache.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2013, 08:16:23 PM »
E-kul let me explain it to you in simple terms

Lets say you grow tomatoes. You wake up at 5 am and work hard and go farm, take ur time to grow the plants, work endless hours to grow them then go harvest them etc

Meanwhile you neighbor wakes up at noon and watches tv all day and does nothing.

Then winter comes and now your neighbor is hungry.

Your government says to you, you do not deserve all those tomatoes that are rightfully yours.  You now must give half to your neighbor so he can eat.

See the problem?  

True there are some who need a disability check, but I would say 80 percent are milking the system

I think the problem in America right now is there is a complete lack of responsibily.  It's never your fault, someone deserves to give you something, just be lazy and someone will bail you out.  It's getting pathetic!  
you are gay.

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 08:27:11 PM »

Bro-- projecting??? You would never make it as a shrink. This "entitled" clown never was in the military, never did shit for anybody but himself,  and has spent the majority of his life living off of society. We are all supporting him!!! His psych issues were most probably fabricated by one of our outstanding,  dangerous psychiatrists who doesn't speak a word of English and just 'got off the boat so to speak.' While I
can empathize with his "poz" HIV status, it was he who willingly to it up the ass. I had nothing to do with that.

Oh, I am "the shit"!!!

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money  

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2013, 08:28:00 PM »
Guys you can't be jealous of physicians...

I had to go through 13 years of school after high school, my entire 20s was spent studying my ass off, pulling all nighters, hitting the library every Friday and Saturday night while all my friends went out drinking!  And now, in my mid 30 s what do I have?

I do get paid well BUT, I work 70 hours a week, have no life, be on call 24 hours a week for 2 weeks straight, have 160k in student loans.  
On top of that docs get about 12 cents on every dollar charged...
You bill 100, get about 50 from insurance, then 25 of that goes to overhead, then 49.6% of that goes to the gov, leaving you 12 bucks.  
Then every year you find out taxes are going up, reimbursements going down , etc!!!

So yeah, when you hear that a certain doc is making some money realize the extreme time, money energy commitment put in. And yes most of my fellow docs are compassionate.  I often treat about 10 percent of my patients at no charge, do surgery for 90% off if someone has no money, on and on.  Shit, I go into the hospital all the time to see a consult for free!  Yes, free!

So, just because someone is making over 250 k, don't believe Obama that they are evil, they worked DAMN hard and made huge sacrifices to be in that position.

I have no doubt that doctors and other professionals work hard to get where they are (my Father is a retired Engineer and my Mother a retired Midwife), but their is a lot of support from others that make this possible, starting from the time you are born, this could be in the form of middle class parents, being able to afford better than average education, supportive communities and extended families and a society that makes these things possible for those born into these circumstances too achieve this.  Now if you are FORTUNATE to be in such a situation and happen to make it and end up living well and earning good money and yet still remain unaware of how it wasn't something that you achieved on your OWN, that from the time you were born, others were helping you to reach that point, I think this level of UNAWARENESS is terribly sad, their is nothing worse than an ARROGANT PROFESSIONAL beating their chest as if they are self made men who raised themselves and reached the heights they have.  You can not reach any high level without tremendous support from others, it's that simple.  usmcdevildoc is resentful of others receiving support, yet their is no doubt that he himself has received far more support in his life to reach the level he has (he will deny this, and tell tales of his Zeus like capacities and how he did it all on his own), and yet he seems completely unaware of the hypocrisy of it all or the real reasons he may be reacting in the way that he does to those less fortunate.  And what makes it particularly odious, is that he is in the CARING profession, a position that is best suited to those with an altruistic outlook and caring disposition.  It is sad that someone can earn hundreds of thousands of dollars and yet be resentful of someone living more than likely below the poverty line.  It sounds to me like usmcdevildoc has lived an ENTITLED AND PRIVILEGED existence.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2013, 08:43:06 PM »
E-kul let me explain it to you in simple terms

Lets say you grow tomatoes. You wake up at 5 am and work hard and go farm, take ur time to grow the plants, work endless hours to grow them then go harvest them etc

Meanwhile you neighbor wakes up at noon and watches tv all day and does nothing.

Then winter comes and now your neighbor is hungry.

Your government says to you, you do not deserve all those tomatoes that are rightfully yours.  You now must give half to your neighbor so he can eat.

See the problem?  

True there are some who need a disability check, but I would say 80 percent are milking the system

I think the problem in America right now is there is a complete lack of responsibly.  It's never your fault, someone deserves to give you something, just be lazy and someone will bail you out.  It's getting pathetic!  
If I have more than enough tomatoes for myself, I will willingly hand my neighbour any excess.  I don't understand this attitude of  "I'm OK, fuck you jack".  I am well aware of the free rider problem, but studies show that the best possible outcome for oneself is to practice tit for tat, now if someone is taking more than they are giving, statistically they will eventually be worse off in the long run, they may think they are getting a free ride, but this is short lived, as others soon con on to what they are doing and stop co-operating with them.  Even if 80% are milking the system, do you really think they are in a better position than a doctor earning nearly half a million dollars a year and all the associated benefits that come with that, if a human being is relegated to having to get by in such a way, he is in poor shape indeed.  If you look at all the financial benefits that rich companies and the wealthy receive from the Government, it far exceeds what the poorest are taking from the system.  This is what the wealthy want others to believe, that the poor are the problem, and not the greedy who are manipulating the system so that they stay wealthy and the poor stay poor.  The wealthy are far and away a greater burden to society than the poor people, the poor need very little to get by, the wealthy consume far more resources, pollute far more and more often than not are far less generous.  

Here in Australia, the countries richest person is a fat poltergeist by the name of Gina Rinehart, she is also the worlds wealthiest woman, she inherited every cent she has from her mega rich father, she has never had to suffer or work very hard, yet she constantly criticises the poor and makes out like she earned every penny she has.  She claims the poor people are jealous of her and that they should spend less time drinking and socializing and more time working if they want to be mega rich like her.  She is someone who has never had to earn a living and had the good luck of having a head start of inheriting a fortune from her father and of being able to bully politicians by virtue of this inherited wealth. The whole thing is ludicrous, now, that's a REAL sense of ENTITLEMENT, and most of the wealthy suffer from this in some way or another, they seem completely oblivious to their fortune and because of their Ignorance, attribute it to themselves.  It really is quite perverse and for those who aren't raised in such WEALTHY environments (most of us), it is hard to understand how someone could believe that they earned such wealth when in fact it was literally HANDED TO THEM.

V

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2013, 08:45:38 PM »
I hate supporting welfare bludgers, but do you really think the o/s spending is welfare?  I always saw it as money spent to get money back.

The amount of people that shouldn't be working is fcuking staggering. What I mean is they are totally disruptive in the workplace. The brain is the 3rd largest organ in the human body and most doctors know next to nothing about it. We all see bums and shit walking down the street talking to invisible people. As a society we don't need these people working side by side with people who are already on edge. These mentally ill people don't need doctors and people in the medical field bitching about their taxes going to support them.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2013, 09:32:20 PM »
That theory does not hold true on a governmental level.  They just keep handing the money out to the cheats.

now if someone is taking more than they are giving, statistically they will eventually be worse off in the long run, they may think they are getting a free ride, but this is short lived, as others soon con on to what they are doing and stop co-operating with them.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2013, 09:33:07 PM »
Sure but these ones who are REALLY mentally ill are another story.

The amount of people that shouldn't be working is fcuking staggering. What I mean is they are totally disruptive in the workplace. The brain is the 3rd largest organ in the human body and most doctors know next to nothing about it. We all see bums and shit walking down the street talking to invisible people. As a society we don't need these people working side by side with people who are already on edge. These mentally ill people don't need doctors and people in the medical field bitching about their taxes going to support them.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2013, 09:41:26 PM »
Doc, thanks for signing each one of your posts at the bottom.

I have severe neck problems that don't allow me to look left and see the avatar of the poster, so all of that work is really paying off.
G

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2013, 09:42:14 PM »
Doctors aren't the problem, lawyers are.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2013, 09:44:36 PM »
That theory does not hold true on a governmental level.  They just keep handing the money out to the cheats.

It is not the poor that are cheating the system, it is the RICH, and the reason you believe the poor are the problem, because the RICH own the MEDIA and they keep telling you that the poor are the problem, it is a fantastic distraction from the reality that the RICH are abusing the system and keeping the majority locked in a no win cycle.  Do you really think that someone who is receiving welfare and living below the poverty line is better of than those who make good livings, have secure housing and the resources to have all their needs met. D you not see the hypocrisy and absolute ridiculousness in suggesting to not financially help the poor but it is OK to financially aid the MEGA RICH.   How many billions did your government GIVE to the ELITES when their banks failed due to their GREED and CORRUPTION?  Don't be such a sucker, the Elites have used their power and influence to sell their PROPAGANDA that they now have the very people they have oppressed going to bat for them.  It really is quite mind boggling and sad when you think about it.  If you were to research how much money goes to the elites as opposed to how much goes to the poor, you would find it is the RICH who are cheating the system, and not those just trying to survive.

Interesting tax breaks for the wealthy - talk about a lifestyle:

$11.5 billion per-year cost of recent tax cuts for millionaires' estates;
$8.9 billion 10-year cost of allowing mortgage interest deduction for vacation homes;
$6.7 billion cost of "estate planning" techniques used by wealthy to avoid taxes;
$5.2 billion FY 2011 cost of removing limit of itemized deductions for high-income taxpayers;
$4.1 billion cost of tax breaks for off-shore operations of U.S. financial companies;
$2.5 billion tax breaks for oil companies (write-offs for drilling and well costs);
$4.9 billion cost of extending alcohol fuel tax breaks;
$2.3 billion FY 2012 tax loophole for managers of hedge funds and private equity funds;
$312 million 10-year cost of allowing companies to write off punitive damages;
$303 million cost of special breaks for the timber industry;
$42 billion FY 2012 one-year cost of extending Bush tax cuts for top tax brackets.

How the 400 wealthiest Americans are now richer than the bottom 50 percent of citizens - and it's not hard to understand why people are protesting
V

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2013, 09:57:05 PM »
It is not the poor that are cheating the system, it is the RICH, and the reason you believe the poor are the problem, because the RICH own the MEDIA and they keep telling you that the poor are the problem, it is a fantastic distraction from the reality that the RICH are abusing the system and keeping the majority locked in a no win cycle.  Do you really think that someone who is receiving welfare and living below the poverty line is better of than those who make good livings, have secure housing and the resources to have all their needs met. D you not see the hypocrisy and absolute ridiculousness in suggesting to not financially help the poor but it is OK to financially aid the MEGA RICH.   How many billions did your government GIVE to the ELITES when their banks failed due to their GREED and CORRUPTION?  Don't be such a sucker, the Elites have used their power and influence to sell their PROPAGANDA that they now have the very people they have oppressed going to bat for them.  It really is quite mind boggling and sad when you think about it.  If you were to research how much money goes to the elites as opposed to how much goes to the poor, you would find it is the RICH who are cheating the system, and not those just trying to survive.

$8.9 billion 10-year cost of allowing mortgage interest deduction for vacation homes;
$6.7 billion cost of "estate planning" techniques used by wealthy to avoid taxes;
$5.2 billion FY 2011 cost of removing limit of itemized deductions for high-income taxpayers;
$4.1 billion cost of tax breaks for off-shore operations of U.S. financial companies;
$2.5 billion tax breaks for oil companies (write-offs for drilling and well costs);
$2.3 billion FY 2012 tax loophole for managers of hedge funds and private equity funds;
$42 billion FY 2012 one-year cost of extending Bush tax cuts for top tax brackets.

How the 400 wealthiest Americans are now richer than the bottom 50 percent of citizens - and it's not hard to understand why people are protesting

Most people who claim bankruptcy end up struggling for some time. Donald Trump has declared bankruptcy 4 different times with 4 of his companies. And because he never claimed personal bankruptcy, he gets a pass in the eyes of a lot of people.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2013, 11:56:10 PM »
Wrong wrong wrong.  I own my own home and work but live among these vermin.  I don't get my info off telly.

It is not the poor that are cheating the system, it is the RICH, and the reason you believe the poor are the problem, because the RICH own the MEDIA and they keep telling you that the poor are the problem,

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2013, 11:58:47 PM »
Hard working honest people getting ripped off by the system, YES.  But not the welfare cheat scum, not them, they deserve to live on rice and water.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2013, 12:01:40 AM »
I have lived in both Australia and the USA and trust me Australia is better off having their dole and benefits bludgers than the situation the USA faces.

The USA winds up spending more money on putting people in prison and policing their cities per capita than Australia does in giving their slackers enough money to live on.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2013, 12:15:20 AM »
Yes good point, one that I have considered.  We basically pay the scum to behave.

I have lived in both Australia and the USA and trust me Australia is better off having their dole and benefits bludgers that the situation that the USA faces.

The USA winds up spending more money on putting people in prison and policing their cities per capita than Australia does in giving their slackers enough money to live on.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2013, 12:22:05 AM »
Yes good point, one that I have considered.  We basically pay the scum to behave.

Also, if America had a pub on every corner and millions of pokies it would be like the Detroit in Robocop.

Australia does pretty well considering...

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2013, 12:22:33 AM »
This is why doctors and the medical profession have become despised by the mainstream.  Being a doctor used to be considered a good thing, people would respect them and look to them for guidance,  Now they are just arseholes who are only after money and have none of the qualities that traditionally were attributed to a good doctor, compassion, understanding reasonableness, altruism etc etc.  Sadly, the majority of people attracted to the medical profession have a GOD Complex and enjoy some sick sadistic power over others, hardly a combination that a sick patient would be drawn too. ...

I am a PhD and full professor working with MDs every day with research in neuroimaging and neuropsychology. My perception is that MDs are like any other person regarding personality, but the power they have in a hospital setting allows those with bad personality traits to exercise those traits without repercussions. Hence, doctors may be perceived in the way you claim. Less powerful employees cannot behave like like MDs.

Further, MDs are not greedier than others imo. However, it is well known that how content one is  with ones earnings is mostly related to the perception of what those one compare oneself with earn. The problems in this regard is that there is such a huge difference in earnings among MDs, at least here in Norway. Thus, the standard neurologist in a hospital here earns less than half of what a MD in private practice earns. This leads to jealousy and greed, as there is a perception of being treated unfairly, although almost all MDs earn more than the average person.

NN