Author Topic: How do you feel about supporting someone who is "entitled"??  (Read 18257 times)

Nomad

• Getbig IV
Re: How do you feel about supporting someone who is "entitled"??
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2013, 12:23:37 AM »
This is why doctors and the medical profession have become despised by the mainstream.  Being a doctor used to be considered a good thing, people would respect them and look to them for guidance,  Now they are just arseholes who are only after money and have none of the qualities that traditionally were attributed to a good doctor, compassion, understanding reasonableness, altruism etc etc.  Sadly, the majority of people attracted to the medical profession have a GOD Complex and enjoy some sick sadistic power over others, hardly a combination that a sick patient would be drawn too. If you are making hundreds of thousands of dollars and living life large and yet you are deeply troubled and resentful of the least amongst us, you have serious issues, it might be time to use that large pay-check for some serious psychiatric intervention.  It's amazing with the money, education and lifestyle you have your headspace is easily rented by a mentally defective poverty stricken gym goer, how sad.

Once again, nice projecting jackass. Betting $10 you are not going to be able to prove that in any way.
all drugs - TPPIIP

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2013, 12:30:14 AM »
I have no doubt that doctors and other professionals work hard to get where they are (my Father is a retired Engineer and my Mother a retired Midwife), but their is a lot of support from others that make this possible, starting from the time you are born, this could be in the form of middle class parents, being able to afford better than average education, supportive communities and extended families and a society that makes these things possible for those born into these circumstances too achieve this.  Now if you are FORTUNATE to be in such a situation and happen to make it and end up living well and earning good money and yet still remain unaware of how it wasn't something that you achieved on your OWN, that from the time you were born, others were helping you to reach that point, I think this level of UNAWARENESS is terribly sad, ...

Perhaps it is like that in the US. Here in Norway, in Oslo, the second-generation immigrants from Pakistan are over-represented among the medical students. Why? They are very dedicated in high school and work hard.

In general, I have a very favorable impression of the MDs I have met, as hard-working, responsible people. Good genes regarding intellect, a stable family that fosters good work-ethics may be required, but how does this differ from other areas in life?

The average white MD could never win a bodybuilding contest due to genetics, just like Ronnie Coleman probably would struggle to become a PhD/MD (admittedly based on a superficial impression from his videos). Thats life- you are dealt a set of genes and life-cirumstances that open some possibilities and closes others.

NN

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2013, 01:15:29 AM »
E-kul let me explain it to you in simple terms

Lets say you grow tomatoes. You wake up at 5 am and work hard and go farm, take ur time to grow the plants, work endless hours to grow them then go harvest them etc

Meanwhile you neighbor wakes up at noon and watches tv all day and does nothing.

Then winter comes and now your neighbor is hungry.

Your government says to you, you do not deserve all those tomatoes that are rightfully yours.  You now must give half to your neighbor so he can eat.

See the problem?  

True there are some who need a disability check, but I would say 80 percent are milking the system

I think the problem in America right now is there is a complete lack of responsibily.  It's never your fault, someone deserves to give you something, just be lazy and someone will bail you out.  It's getting pathetic!  
Thanks for using that analogy. I would never have understood it otherwise.

I have trouble understanding big, city slicker ideas, but if you put them in terms of tomatoes I'm A OK.
G

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2013, 01:19:35 AM »
Do you really want schizophrenics and people with mental illnesses in the work-place....?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2013, 01:20:08 AM »
Perhaps it is like that in the US. Here in Norway, in Oslo, the second-generation immigrants from Pakistan are over-represented among the medical students. Why? They are very dedicated in high school and work hard.

In general, I have a very favorable impression of the MDs I have met, as hard-working, responsible people. Good genes regarding intellect, a stable family that fosters good work-ethics may be required, but how does this differ from other areas in life?

The average white MD could never win a bodybuilding contest due to genetics, just like Ronnie Coleman probably would struggle to become a PhD/MD (admittedly based on a superficial impression from his videos). Thats life- you are dealt a set of genes and life-cirumstances that open some possibilities and closes others.

NN
Could you put this in tomato analogy form please?

I'm having trouble understanding.
G

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2013, 01:48:42 AM »
The whole point is, if you are fortunate enough to earn a good living and have come from a supportive and stable family environment and your standard of living is high, that's great, but don't think this happened in a vacuum and it has to do with some superior work ethic or attribute that you have, you are the product of a complex set of circumstances that enabled this to come to fruition, many, many people contributed to the individuals success.  To then attack the most vulnerable people in the community and dehumanise them because you feel they don't live up to some deal that you gave created in your mind is the saddest part of all.  Here an individual is, making hundreds of thousands of dollars, obviously living a very comfortable middle class existence, and yet he holds such hatred and contempt for those who haven't been as fortunate as him, who suffer more in one day, than he may ever experience in a year.  I honestly believe, that such a person is even more pitiful than the mentally ill person he holds such contempt and disgust for.  The mentally ill guy can be helped, the wealthy doctor on the other hand is beyond  help.
V

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2013, 01:55:07 AM »
The whole point is, if you are fortunate enough to earn a good living and have come from a supportive and stable family environment and your standard of living is high, that's great, but don't think this happened in a vacuum and it has to do with some superior work ethic or attribute that you have, you are the product of a complex set of circumstances that enabled this to come to fruition, many, many people contributed to the individuals success.  To then attack the most vulnerable people in the community and dehumanise them because you feel they don't live up to some deal that you gave created in your mind is the saddest part of all.  Here an individual is, making hundreds of thousands of dollars, obviously living a very comfortable middle class existence, and yet he holds such hatred and contempt for those who haven't been as fortunate as him, who suffer more in one day, than he may ever experience in a year.  I honestly believe, that such a person is even more pitiful than the mentally ill person he holds such contempt and disgust for.  The mentally ill guy can be helped, the wealthy doctor on the other hand is beyond  help.

You have read Rawls? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rawls

NN

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2013, 01:57:24 AM »
Could you put this in tomato analogy form please?

I'm having trouble understanding.

Sure: Some tomatoes are small, others are big, as a result of genetic and environmental interaction. This determines what they can be used for- eaten whole or be chopped to pieces. Shit happens and and the tomatoes should accept fate.

NN

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2013, 01:59:10 AM »
Once again, nice projecting jackass. Betting $10 you are not going to be able to prove that in any way.

Decades spent around nurses and my own personal experience have convinced me that Doctors have a GOD Complex.  It is not just me who thinks this, this idea that doctors think they are GOD has been around for a while now and is a common social stigma attached to Doctors.  Pretty common perception of doctors these days.  Essentially, you could replace General Practitoners with a vending Machine with an Internet Connection, type in your symptoms and the vending machine pumps out the requisite drug.  No other professional gets so little results than Doctors do, they soon realise that they help virtually NO ONE and are essentially glorified drug pushers.  Surgeons and a few other medical professionals may be an exception, but they also sometimes cause more harm than good.  If the medical profession was any good, their wouldn't be tens of millions of perpetually SICK people.  The medical Profession is just another MONOPOLY that creates more SICKNESS than it heals.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2013, 02:05:30 AM »
You have read Rawls? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rawls

NN

I have never heard of Rawls, but I just quickly checked the link you posted, I will check him out, seems like an interesting man.  Must of my opinions come from gut feelings, but I do read a lot, and I am constantly evolving. As a younger man, I read a lot about Buddhism and took it quite seriously, I was an idealist and fully believed in the whole idea of minimising suffering of sentient beings.  I have since become jaded by life and now question a lot of views I held dear many years ago, I think Buddhism made me soft and it has been a hard ideal to shake, but I can't help that being willing to help those less fortunate is an important human trait, no matter how much they disgust you.
V

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2013, 02:31:20 AM »
Decades spent around nurses and my own personal experience have convinced me that Doctors have a GOD Complex.  It is not just me who thinks this, this idea that doctors think they are GOD has been around for a while now and is a common social stigma attached to Doctors.  Pretty common perception of doctors these days.  Essentially, you could replace General Practitoners with a vending Machine with an Internet Connection, type in your symptoms and the vending machine pumps out the requisite drug.  No other professional gets so little results than Doctors do, they soon realise that they help virtually NO ONE and are essentially glorified drug pushers.  Surgeons and a few other medical professionals may be an exception, but they also sometimes cause more harm than good.  If the medical profession was any good, their wouldn't be tens of millions of perpetually SICK people.  The medical Profession is just another MONOPOLY that creates more SICKNESS than it heals.

Ok, but once again this is just your opinion. There is a vast difference between individual opinion and a fact.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2013, 02:31:38 AM »
Muslim Cleric on Welfare for 19 years in Australia while plotting Jihad on the Country!

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2013, 03:07:32 AM »
Muslim Cleric on Welfare for 19 years in Australia while plotting Jihad on the Country!

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Gonna need that in tomato analogy form, bro.
G

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2013, 03:10:37 AM »
HA HA Doctors GOD Love them, their megalomania is always good for a laugh.  Here is a Youtube clip of Art imitating LIFE

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
V

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2013, 03:22:19 AM »
Decades spent around nurses and my own personal experience have convinced me that Doctors have a GOD Complex.  It is not just me who thinks this, this idea that doctors think they are GOD has been around for a while now and is a common social stigma attached to Doctors.  Pretty common perception of doctors these days.  Essentially, you could replace General Practitoners with a vending Machine with an Internet Connection, type in your symptoms and the vending machine pumps out the requisite drug.  No other professional gets so little results than Doctors do, they soon realise that they help virtually NO ONE and are essentially glorified drug pushers.  Surgeons and a few other medical professionals may be an exception, but they also sometimes cause more harm than good.  If the medical profession was any good, their wouldn't be tens of millions of perpetually SICK people.  The medical Profession is just another MONOPOLY that creates more SICKNESS than it heals.

I tend to agree with you here on some points.

But I've met some genuinely good doctors too.

But one almost ruined my life by suggesting surgery I don't even need.....and then another saved me. So it depends really....

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2013, 04:46:21 AM »
I have no doubt that doctors and other professionals work hard to get where they are (my Father is a retired Engineer and my Mother a retired Midwife), but their is a lot of support from others that make this possible, starting from the time you are born, this could be in the form of middle class parents, being able to afford better than average education, supportive communities and extended families and a society that makes these things possible for those born into these circumstances too achieve this.  Now if you are FORTUNATE to be in such a situation and happen to make it and end up living well and earning good money and yet still remain unaware of how it wasn't something that you achieved on your OWN, that from the time you were born, others were helping you to reach that point, I think this level of UNAWARENESS is terribly sad, their is nothing worse than an ARROGANT PROFESSIONAL beating their chest as if they are self made men who raised themselves and reached the heights they have.  You can not reach any high level without tremendous support from others, it's that simple.  usmcdevildoc is resentful of others receiving support, yet their is no doubt that he himself has received far more support in his life to reach the level he has (he will deny this, and tell tales of his Zeus like capacities and how he did it all on his own), and yet he seems completely unaware of the hypocrisy of it all or the real reasons he may be reacting in the way that he does to those less fortunate.  And what makes it particularly odious, is that he is in the CARING profession, a position that is best suited to those with an altruistic outlook and caring disposition.  It is sad that someone can earn hundreds of thousands of dollars and yet be resentful of someone living more than likely below the poverty line.  It sounds to me like usmcdevildoc has lived an ENTITLED AND PRIVILEGED existence.

Ok, my dad dies when I was 7.  My mom raised 3 kids while working.  My family is really small and we had no money, I put myself through school with student loans.  Did not receive much help from anyone, just busted my ass hard.  So what you just said could not be more inaccurate.  Nice try.
you are gay.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2013, 04:52:13 AM »
I'm not a communist but I do find it amusing that in East Germany a doctor used to only earn slightly more than a bricklayer.
A salesperson/receptionist slightly less than a manual worker.

Got to do the job for the love of your fellow man and humanity  ;D

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2013, 04:52:28 AM »
This thread is the reason America is in decline...

Bash and make those who are successful evil, award the have nots and leaches on society.

Amazing.  Obama and the dems and libs have u all brainwashed
you are gay.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2013, 05:01:00 AM »
Ok, my dad dies when I was 7.  My mom raised 3 kids while working.  My family is really small and we had no money, I put myself through school with student loans.  Did not receive much help from anyone, just busted my ass hard.  So what you just said could not be more inaccurate.  Nice try.
You go on to say you received student loans and then claim you didn't receive much help from anyone.   Your Mum sacrificed her own needs and desires to bust her guts helping you to make it to where you are, hardly not much help from anyone.  You sound like the typical unappreciative SPOILT brat who to indulge his own LARGE EGO manifests a story how nobody helped you, and it was the power of your unique determination and attitude that got you were you are.  Although, that story might comfort you, it is hardly close to the truth.  Keep believing you have some unique ability to pull yourself up from your bootstraps, but if you look deeply, you will find that their is a complex web of others supporting you to help you realise your goals. It's called GOOD FORTUNE, learn to appreciate it.  Lets hope you were studying the ARTS, because Intelligence isn't your strong suit.  The problem is, you don't know how to look deeply into the circumstances of your life and what has made it possible, NICE TRY THOUGH!  ;D
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2013, 05:12:33 AM »
This thread is the reason America is in decline...

Bash and make those who are successful evil, award the have nots and leaches on society.

Amazing.  Obama and the dems and libs have u all brainwashed
You have it the wrong way round, this thread is about the HAVES who are successful bashing on the the downtrodden and the HAVE NOTS.  If the successful want to be praised for their efforts, they could practice being decent civilised human beings and realising it is more to do with GOOD FORTUNE that sees the so called successful as well off and nothing to do with some unique work ethic.  Success is like cultivating a garden, you have to create the right environment for good growth to happen, it is a complex mix of fertile soil, adequate water and sunshine and a host of other factors.  if these conditions aren't met, their is poor results.  And unfortunately, not everybody has been exposed to the right conditions for the best results to occur.  And for the record, America is in decline because it lacks altruistic human qualities, it encourages individual greed at the expense of the community and sees nothing wrong with attacking those that are weaker than them, essentially it is a NATION comprised of large groups of Individuals who are complete arseholes, people who aren't good quality community minded people and whose only concern is their immediate individual needs and concerns.  America is in decline because they are morally bankrupt, lack self awareness and are extremely selfish.  And for a country full of religion, they appear to be the most spiritually bankrupt country on Earth.
V

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2013, 06:02:15 AM »
Guys you can't be jealous of physicians...

I had to go through 13 years of school after high school, my entire 20s was spent studying my ass off, pulling all nighters, hitting the library every Friday and Saturday night while all my friends went out drinking!  And now, in my mid 30 s what do I have?

I do get paid well BUT, I work 70 hours a week, have no life, be on call 24 hours a week for 2 weeks straight, have 160k in student loans.  
On top of that docs get about 12 cents on every dollar charged...
You bill 100, get about 50 from insurance, then 25 of that goes to overhead, then 49.6% of that goes to the gov, leaving you 12 bucks.

Then every year you find out taxes are going up, reimbursements going down , etc!!!

So yeah, when you hear that a certain doc is making some money realize the extreme time, money energy commitment put in. And yes most of my fellow docs are compassionate.  I often treat about 10 percent of my patients at no charge, do surgery for 90% off if someone has no money, on and on.  Shit, I go into the hospital all the time to see a consult for free!  Yes, free!

So, just because someone is making over 250 k, don't believe Obama that they are evil, they worked DAMN hard and made huge sacrifices to be in that position.

That right there is something that most do not understand.  There is no congruence between insurance companies and what is paid.  In fact, here is an example:

BCBS in Illinois will reimburse at $36/unit (15-minute times) of physical therapy.  No managing company to deal with, no pre-authorization bullshit, nothing

Humana will reimburse you at $6.33 for the same thing.  Their managing company is Healthways.  You fill out your pre-auth form and it takes 2 - 4 business days for them to get back to you.  You request 12 visits, they tell you the patient needs 3.  The patient gets pissed when the care they need is not available to them due to this process even though they pay their premium every month. 

So, when someone gets treated (ex: Humana patient) - that hour of therapy they do (actually 53 minutes) is only reimbursed at $25.32.  Personal trainers make more than that.  Yet, the persons premium is through the roof!  Now, add to the $25 my CMT code for $26 and thats just a paltry $51.  Oh, wait...I forgot...the person also has a 30% coinsurance.  Sooooo...thats $35.70 I get a nice check for.  Then I have to take my overhead out of that.  Guess what I made from that patient?  About $15.  Yep, Ferrari here I come.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2013, 06:38:36 AM »
OMR knows a lot about cocks and docs that's for sure!

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2013, 06:56:43 AM »
You go on to say you received student loans and then claim you didn't receive much help from anyone.   Your Mum sacrificed her own needs and desires to bust her guts helping you to make it to where you are, hardly not much help from anyone.  You sound like the typical unappreciative SPOILT brat who to indulge his own LARGE EGO manifests a story how nobody helped you, and it was the power of your unique determination and attitude that got you were you are.  Although, that story might comfort you, it is hardly close to the truth.  Keep believing you have some unique ability to pull yourself up from your bootstraps, but if you look deeply, you will find that their is a complex web of others supporting you to help you realise your goals. It's called GOOD FORTUNE, learn to appreciate it.  Lets hope you were studying the ARTS, because Intelligence isn't your strong suit.  The problem is, you don't know how to look deeply into the circumstances of your life and what has made it possible, NICE TRY THOUGH!  ;D

The ego is the defence mechanism which protects us from reality by creating an illusion to make the reality seem better or how we want it to be ;D

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2013, 07:05:26 AM »
The younger generations need to examine the question of who gets government support/welfare because the number of working people are shrinking compared to the # of people receiving assistance.  This is and will increasingly be a real problem.  There is also a disincentive to work.  Penn government reported on a female mom with 2 kids being better off on assistance than working a job making 40+K per year.  This is not the intent.

I believe able bodied people should only ever get temporary assistance.  We have a responsibility to take care of our sick, disabled, elderly and veterans.  

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2013, 07:08:14 AM »
OMR knows a lot about cocks and docs that's for sure!

That sir is true.

I can tell you what the vast majority of doctors "truly" make based off of their specialties due to my time in accounting years back.

That said, socialized medicine ::obamacare:: WILL be changing all of this very soon.

The days of doctors benefiting from professional autonomy, societal prestige and high salaries are steadily eroding as the government sees it fit to rob Peter in order to pay Paul.

It's the way our economy is heading and sadly seems inevitable at this point.

Like I said earlier in this thread, with the exception of certain surgical specialties, the vast majority (90%) of doctors will start making between 200-300K.

I don't agree with that.

"1"