Author Topic: Is the Congressman a sex predator?  (Read 15829 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Is the Congressman a sex predator?
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2006, 01:32:30 PM »
see a whole lot of bullshit in this thread, some of which I contributed, so here:

1. GOP leadership knew (to varying degrees) that Foley had engaged in inappropriate correspondence. for whatever reason they didn't respond as they should have.

For whatever reason?   :-\  Trying to sweep this under the rug? Sorry it ain't going away.

2. the parents wanted no investigation, for reasons that would be obvious to any but the most jaded.

That was only one boy who parents were alledged to have said that they didn't want anything done. the boy on the other hand wanted something done about it. That's why he spoke up and told congressional staffers.

3. the page was a kid, regardless of all the semantics you can bring up. foley was a fuckin congressman.

You state that as if those facts are in dispute. What you fail to make clear is Foley wasn't just targetting one kid. Their were numerous. infact the entire class of pages were warned about this guy. Theses kids spoke among themselves and took action to protect themselves, even if the co-chair of the congressional caucus on missing and exploited children did not. Even if house majority leader John Boehner (R-OHIO) did not, and even Russert (R - ILL) did not.

4. posting the transcript of the im exchange served no point and is just yellow journalism. perverts who engage in such despicable practices should tread carefully, b/c you don't know what karma might have in store for you. 

Too bad you forgot to tell Ken Starr that when they leaked Grand Jury testimony concerning the cigar.
w

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2006, 01:34:02 PM »

Too bad you forgot to tell Ken Starr that when they leaked Grand Jury testimony concerning the cigar.

. . . if you only knew the truth about my interactions with Ken Starr.  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2006, 01:44:46 PM »
Many victims and parents try to prevent an investigation.

You have to push ahead with it anyway, and prosecutors do.

Otherwise the bad guy keeps on doing the same behavior.  Some kinda responsibility to the state to file on behalf of the victim, even if s/he chooses not to run later.

Z1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2006, 01:52:50 PM »
. . . if you only knew the truth about my interactions with Ken Starr.  ;D
Tell us you little Or chances are, someone else just ****might****
The world is mine!!!!

Z1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2006, 01:54:12 PM »
I'm up to 0.151 per day!!!!! WACHACHOOYOU!!!! EAT IT BABY!!!!
The world is mine!!!!

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2006, 01:55:19 PM »
Tell us you little Or chances are, someone else just ****might****

:-* . . . i'll take my chances.  ;D

Z1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2006, 02:09:13 PM »
The world is mine!!!!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2006, 06:04:23 PM »
hell yes - please share links.

Some GOP finally start speaking out http://glenngreenwald.blogspot.com/2006/09/gop-house-leaders-speak-out-against.html ...however it appears House Majority Leader John Boehner is still covering up in an attempt to protect House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill).

As much as anything else, that is what this scandal is about — GOP House Leaders prancing around as the Protectors of our nation's children from Internet Predators while, at the same time, apparently knowing that there was such a predator in their midst. And they not only failed to do anything about it, but they actively worked to conceal the behavior (by ensuring that all Democrats — including even the Democrat on the House Page Board — were blocked from learning about these accusations). As Hastert put it at the top of his Press Release: “At home we put children first, and Republicans are doing just that in the House.”

The NYDailyNews reports that Rep. Tom Reynolds (R-NY) took $100,000 from the political PAC of Rep. Mark Foley (R-FL) in July of 2006.  Which would just be GOP business as usual but for one thing — Reynolds had been informed months before that Foley had a certain e-mail problem.

You tell me — which was more important to Rep. Reynolds:  principle or politics?  I'd say Reynolds has some explaining to do, not just about the money trail, but about how "in the loop" on all of this he has been all along, given that his Chief of Staff is the former CoS for Rep. Foley…and that said CoS has been very actively involved in the Republican CYA over the last few days.

In the GOP pattern of behavior throughout the Bush Administration (and beyond, frankly, but let's stick to recent history), the public pronouncements and the behind-the-scenes honest facts don't match up.  Again.

And this time, it wasn't soldiers at risk from lies and the cover-ups — it was teenagers entrusted to work as pages in Congress, and a Republican leadership more interested in keeping smarmy Uncle Foley's secret "in the family" than in making certain every page serving in the House stayed safe from the hard cruise and grooming e-mails, with the GOP leadership's outrage reserved only for the after-the-fact time when they got caught with their hands in the cover-up jar.

Furthermore, ...as I type the revelations are pouting in. It seems Mark Foley's habits were known more than a year ago. One former congressional page has come forward...

GOP Staff Warned Pages About Foley in 2001
October 01, 2006 4:00 PM

A Republican staff member warned congressional pages five years ago to watch out for Congressman Mark Foley, according to a former page.

Matthew Loraditch, a page in the 2001-2002 class, told ABC News he and other pages were warned about Foley by a supervisor in the House Clerk's office.

Loraditch, the president of the Page Alumni Association, said the pages were told "don't get too wrapped up in him being too nice to you and all that kind of stuff."

Staff members at the House Clerk's office did not return calls seeking comment.

Some of the sexually explicit instant messages that led to Foley's abrupt resignation Friday were sent to pages in Loraditch's class.

Pages report to either Republican or Democratic supervisors, depending on the political party of the member of Congress who nominate them for the page program.

Several Democratic pages tell ABC News they received no such warnings about Foley.

Loraditch says that some of the pages who "interacted" with Foley were hesitant to report his behavior because "members of Congress, they've got the power."  Many of the pages were hoping for careers in politics and feared Foley might seek retribution.

Loraditch runs the alumni association for the U.S. House Page Program, and he is deeply concerned about the future effects this scandal could have on a program that he sees as a valuable educational experience for teens.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/guide?category=Brian_Ross_Investigations&subcategory=&id=2509590#2509590

Also I've never been a fan of Woodward's - but is the book that good? I know the WH is dodging it.

You tell me. http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=97507.msg1416258#msg1416258

At this point, seriously, for all us Americans, politicla party shouldn't matter anymore.  We can no longer say "heathen democrats".  We should be aware that repubs have really put what is right on the backburner, for what is best for the American Empire. 

Agree/disagree?

They have NOT done what is best for the American Empire, ...they're miserable failures at that too. The situation in Iraq is a mess. They did however do what was best for terrorists. They recruited them better than the terrorists were ever able to do. That's not hearsay from Woodwards book. That was the unanimous conclusion of 16 US intelligence agencies, ...but Bush and the rest of those psychopaths kept lying to the American public, as well as themselves. Campaigning for re-election on what a great job they were doing over there.

Now their about to attempt damage control with a new campaign using military personnel and halliburton employees, claiming the media only wants to talk about bad news, but they know the truth about what's happening over there. They plan to wage yet another propaganda campaign discrediting their own NIE report, in an attempt to once again get American's to dismiss recent revelations of sexual predators in congress and house leaders who covered it up as well as the NIE report, and halliburton revelations, ...and to shove it all down the memory hole. 
w

tonyboloni

• Getbig II
  • Leave the gun--take the cannolis
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2006, 06:27:00 PM »
Does this belong to your party?

http://www.nambla.org/
I find it very interesting that 240isBack attempts to scold Z1 for what 240isBack says was a characterization of the entire Republican Party, but conveniently skips over this obviously disgusting and false characterization of the left leaning party jaguarenterprises belongs to? Quote "the Liberals have organizations for this crap and defend its existence!" (Quote corrected for shitty grammar) Is that a true characterization of all liberals or any liberal party?  FUCK NO!  Did Mr. 240isBack address Intenseone’s false characterization? Fuck No!
Edward Bernays is a Demon

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2006, 06:38:46 PM »
I find it very interesting that 240isBack attempts to scold Z1 for what 240isBack says was a characterization of the entire Republican Party, but conveniently skips over this obviously disgusting and false characterization of the left leaning party jaguarenterprises belongs to? Quote "the Liberals have organizations for this crap and defend its existence!" (Quote corrected for shitty grammar) Is that a true characterization of all liberals or any liberal party?  f**k NO!  Did Mr. 240isBack address Intenseone’s false characterization? f**k No!

And what is my false characterzation? NAMBLA IS a Liberal orgazization!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2006, 06:46:08 PM »
I find it very interesting that 240isBack attempts to scold Z1 for what 240isBack says was a characterization of the entire Republican Party, but conveniently skips over this obviously disgusting and false characterization of the left leaning party jaguarenterprises belongs to? Quote "the Liberals have organizations for this crap and defend its existence!" (Quote corrected for shitty grammar) Is that a true characterization of all liberals or any liberal party?  f**k NO!  Did Mr. 240isBack address Intenseone’s false characterization? f**k No!

Actually Tony, I'm not even a Democrat. I'm Canadian, and we have 3 major political parties up here.
We have the left-wing New Democratic Party, the right-wing Conservative Party, and then we have the party in the centre The Liberal Party of Canada. I'm in the centre, but some of these guys are sooo far to the right, that even someone like myself who is in the centre (infact I'm slightly right of centre ...but I know too much about the Conservative leadership to ever give them my vote...we actually have real elections up here where a person's vote actually counts and is counted) . . .  but even someone like myself looks like a communist. Some of these guys are that far to the right.
w

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2006, 06:50:00 PM »
Actually Tony, I'm not even a Democrat. I'm Canadian, and we have 3 major political parties up here.
We have the left-wing New Democratic Party, the right-wing Conservative Party, and then we have the party in the centre The Liberal Party of Canada. I'm in the centre, but some of these guys are sooo far to the right, that even someone like myself who is in the centre (infact I'm slightly right of centre ...but I know too much about the Conservative leadership to ever give them my vote...we actually have real elections up here where a person's vote actually counts and is counted) . . .  but even someone like myself looks like a communist. Some of these guys are that far to the right.

The center? AAAaaaahahahahahahahahah aha, your as Liberal as Janine Garafalo at a lesbian abortion support rally......"in the center" ROTFLMAO!

tonyboloni

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2006, 06:50:15 PM »
Thanks for the details... I didn't know for sure which is why I put the question mark, but it was obvious from his other quote that he was addressing the left and left leaning or a left leaning party as being supportive of NAMBLA which is ludicrous.

tonyboloni

• Getbig II
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2006, 06:55:22 PM »
The center? AAAaaaahahahahahahahahah aha, your as Liberal as Janine Garafalo at a lesbian abortion support rally......"in the center" ROTFLMAO!
Did you mean Janeane Garofalo?  Been reading your posts and I'm fucking shocked you got the name that close.  Man, fella, you need to start spell checking or something.  Some of your posts are a hard read in a WTF did he just try to say sort of way :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2006, 07:26:44 PM »

I cannot understand what you just wrote. Please break down your point more clearly.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2006, 07:31:05 PM »
Did you mean Janeane Garofalo?  Been reading your posts and I'm fucking shocked you got the name that close.  Man, fella, you need to start spell checking or something.  Some of your posts are a hard read in a WTF did he just try to say sort of way :-\

STFU, who are you....my high school english teacher?

Z1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2006, 08:01:46 PM »
STFU, who are you....my high school english teacher?
That's funny as shit coming from someone who obviously ***didn't*** have a high school English teacher.  There is no way you graduated sportin them skills hommie!!!  LOL your ass right back to your hood. ;)
The world is mine!!!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2006, 08:27:05 PM »
That's funny as shit coming from someone who obviously ***didn't*** have a high school English teacher.  There is no way you graduated sportin them skills hommie!!!  LOL your ass right back to your hood. ;)

My hood? LOL

Z1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2006, 08:37:52 PM »
My hood? LOL
Crap!  Hood is a black thing huh :-\  You're clearly Chicano.  Sorry man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The world is mine!!!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2006, 08:41:12 PM »
Crap!  Hood is a black thing huh :-\  You're clearly Chicano.  Sorry man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm as "chicano" as Jag is conservative!

Z1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2006, 08:42:07 PM »
From left to right you're the third guy over!  The resemblance in uncanny!
The world is mine!!!!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2006, 11:27:52 AM »
Get a load of this crap.

{LMAO} Listen to what he says at the very end of this commentary. Incredible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6BKR4cTmAg
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2006, 10:24:10 AM »
Resign, Mr. Speaker
The Washington Times
TODAY'S EDITORIAL
October 3, 2006

The facts of the disgrace of Mark Foley, who was a Republican member of the House from a Florida district until he resigned last week, constitute a disgrace for every Republican member of Congress. Red flags emerged in late 2005, perhaps even earlier, in suggestive and wholly inappropriate e-mail messages to underage congressional pages. His aberrant, predatory -- and possibly criminal -- behavior was an open secret among the pages who were his prey. The evidence was strong enough long enough ago that the speaker should have relieved Mr. Foley of his committee responsibilities contingent on a full investigation to learn what had taken place, whether any laws had been violated and what action, up to and including prosecution, were warranted by the facts. This never happened.

Rep. John Shimkus of Illinois, the Republican chairman of the House Page Board, said he learned about the Foley e-mail messages "in late 2005." Rep. John Boehner of Ohio, the leader of the Republican majority, said he was informed of the e-mail messages earlier this year. On Friday, Mr. Hastert dissembled, to put it charitably, before conceding that he, too, learned about the e-mail messages sometime earlier this year. Late yesterday afternoon, Mr. Hastert insisted that he learned of the most flagrant instant-message exchange from 2003 only last Friday, when it was reported by ABC News. This is irrelevant. The original e-mail messages were warning enough that a predator -- and, incredibly, the co-chairman of the House Caucus on Missing and Exploited Children -- could be prowling the halls of Congress. The matter wasn't pursued aggressively. It was barely pursued at all. Moreover, all available evidence suggests that the Republican leadership did not share anything related to this matter with any Democrat.

Now the scandal must unfold on the front pages of the newspapers and on the television screens, as transcripts of lewd messages emerge and doubts are rightly raised about the forthrightness of the Republican stewards of the 109th Congress. Some Democrats are attempting to make this "a Republican scandal," and they shouldn't; Democrats have contributed more than their share of characters in the tawdry history of congressional sexual scandals. Sexual predators come in all shapes, sizes and partisan hues, in institutions within and without government. When predators are found they must be dealt with, forcefully and swiftly. This time the offender is a Republican, and Republicans can't simply "get ahead" of the scandal by competing to make the most noise in calls for a full investigation. The time for that is long past.

House Speaker Dennis Hastert must do the only right thing, and resign his speakership at once. Either he was grossly negligent for not taking the red flags fully into account and ordering a swift investigation, for not even remembering the order of events leading up to last week's revelations -- or he deliberately looked the other way in hopes that a brewing scandal would simply blow away. He gave phony answers Friday to the old and ever-relevant questions of what did he know and when did he know it? Mr. Hastert has forfeited the confidence of the public and his party, and he cannot preside over the necessary coming investigation, an investigation that must examine his own inept performance.

---

Sounds to me like there's going to be alot of paté 'cause there are a whole lotta gooses getting cooked.

Check out this ad going around the internet to throw Dennis Hastert out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAkEdWXwRaE
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2006, 11:44:24 AM »
Bush put his eggs in the Hastert basket today.  Said that Hastert was doing everything he could to "provide leadership to police and investigators".

What does that mean?  I'll cite it when the transcript comes up. Was on the news about ten minutes ago

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2006, 11:56:11 AM »
Yep, election season is DEFINITELY here now!  ::)

Democrats Hypocrites on Sex Scandals

While they react with fury over the scandal involving former Rep. Mark Foley, Democrats maintain a discreet silence over the numerous sex scandals that have rocked their own party.

And unlike Republican scandals like Foley's, where shame and resignation were the outcome, the Democrats' shameful behavior were either blithely ignored or jocularly accepted.

For example, former Chicago Democratic Congressman Mel Reynolds received a commutation of his six-and-a-half-year federal sentence for 15 convictions of wire fraud, bank fraud and lies to the Federal Election Commission. He also was convicted of having sex with an underage campaign volunteer. But Jesse Jackson added Reynolds to Rainbow/PUSH Coalition's payroll.

Moreover, Reynolds was among the 176 criminals excused in President Clinton's last-minute pardon spree.

As Deroy Murdock, a columnist for Scripps Howard News Service, wrote back in 2002: "This is a first in American politics: An ex-congressman who had sex with a subordinate, won clemency from a president who had sex with a subordinate, then was hired by a clergyman who had sex with a subordinate. His new job? ... Youth counselor."

Of course, Murdock's "president" reference was to Clinton, who admitted to inappropriate sexual behavior with White House intern Monica Lewinsky; the "clergyman" was Jackson, who also had an affair with a former Rainbow/PUSH Coalition aide.

After receiving Clinton's pardon, Reynolds became a consultant for the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition on prison reform. He was employed as the community development director of Salem Baptist Church in Chicago.

More notorious was the case of Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., In 1989, male prostitute Stephen L. Gobie admitted that Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., knew that Gobie had operated a prostitution service out of Frank's Capitol Hill apartment. Frank, an openly gay member of Congress, confirmed that he had Gobie as a roommate in his apartment. Frank said he fired Gobie when he learned that clients were visiting his apartment.

Was Frank told by the Democratic leadership to resign his seat as Foley was forced to do?

Not at all. That was 17 years ago, and he is still a member of Congress, a respected member of the Democratic minority and is slated to assume the chairmanship of a key House committee should the Democrats recapture control of the House.

When former Rep. Gerry Studds admitted having sex with a teenage page, nobody in the Democratic leadership demanded he resign, nor did he offer to resign. He had a joint press conference with the boy and bragged about their affair. He was renominated by the Democrats and re-elected six times before retiring.

As Rush Limbaugh noted Monday, "The truth is that the people on the left who are acting all outraged and stunned and angry, they don't see what Clinton or Barney Frank or Gerry Studds did as repugnant. In fact, they view those things as private matters that didn't affect anybody's work, and it's nobody's business what somebody does with their private life, particularly when it comes to sex."

Unless it involves a Republican. Then it's a matter of outrage and hypocrisy.