Author Topic: Bruce Lee's Lats  (Read 63918 times)

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
Re: Bruce Lee's Lats
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2005, 06:57:22 AM »
Can someone please post Bruce Lee's win/loss record??

Can you post yours  ???
P

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2005, 07:00:45 AM »

came to being a showman, but do not confuse showmanship for real fighting, the two are not the same.

You don't know how to fight  ;D
P

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2005, 07:05:29 AM »
Chuck would pound Bruce into dust.................... .

Doesn't know how to fight  ;)   ::)
P

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2005, 07:08:43 AM »
Any one else  ??? I want to see your IQ put to good use this time  ;D   ;)

P

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2005, 01:48:23 PM »
Forget Bruce Lee    SAMMO BABY!!!!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2005, 01:56:21 PM »
damn man this is an old thread
Z

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2005, 01:57:18 PM »
his skinny ass never impressed me

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »
lol. youre an idiot.

none of yall knew him, yet you all seem to know exactly what he was doing, how he did it, why he did it, and so on. and, on top of that, yall want to argue about it. please. really, who cares? do any of yall want to look like him? i dont. personally, i dont give 2 shits about martial arts, or pride fighting or any of that trendy fight-club ufc bullshit mentality that most kids have these days. hes a dead actor. he made movies, and not very good ones. let it go.

In order to make it big in the real world you must look at the big picture. 99% of this board is tied up with small details. Take your whole life to argue about issues that have no direct effect on your own life. Guys who gives a shit?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2005, 03:32:24 PM »
Well I've trained a little with Benny at his Jet Center and Chuck (at some gym on Ventura Bl.) and Bob Wall.  And all three of these guys are unreal still.  Bob Wall is probably the oldest and can still hit.  He is the only person to appear in every Bruce Lee movie.  He too was World Champ.  Chuck hits like a fucking horse.  I can't believe how hard he still hits.  He is in great physical condition.  Benny is still tough even though that last fight he had in his comeback was not the best thing to watch.  He is a great guy.  His whole family is world champion.  I've seen Bolo at Gold's Venice.  Allot smaller in person (height wise) than I thought.  Never met Bruce Lee but saw his house in Hong Kong.  Met Jackie Chan at the Pacific Club in Kowloon,  Now that is a tiny guy.  Bill Wallace is another superstar who is a really nice guy too.  Never actually met Segal but he did walk by me in Vegas and he is a big guy in person.  Jean Claude is an old friend.  After writing all this I didn't realize I knew so many martial arts guys.  But Bruce is the baddest.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2005, 03:36:15 PM »
can you hook me up with chuck? i need a pair of

Z

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2005, 04:38:44 PM »
He also would do an exercise for his shoulders, much like the forward raise with a barble. He would raise it in front of him with his arms totally static, hold it for a while and then lowered the weight again. He would do many reps this way with a very heavy weight.
Yup! I had a friend who's a real fighter and we would talk alot about Martial arts. Bruce Lee was his favorite and we were both convinced that he could beat anyone from any time period in any mixed martial arts match, even without grappling. Anyway, getting back to this, my friend said that Bruce Lee had so much control over his body and muscles that he was able to hold an 80lbs dumbell straight out in front of him with one arm for a whole minute!

Trust me, I didn't believe it either, but mind u, i studied boxing, and Karate for a few years, and am a very skilled fighter.(not to toot my own horn) Based on my sparring with him, I come to 2 conclusions.

1. IMH to God opinion, with the right training and direction, this guy could be the next Bruce Lee, and he could prove his greatness challenging all comers! I've witnessed him do things i wont mention cause people would deem it impossible. For one, he was able to do a full one arm, 2 finger push-up using the thumb, and index finger. The same index  finger he once broke at the joint. Pretty amazing!

2. Due to all his knowledge on the martial arts, including Bruce Lee, and me knowing he is a straight shooter, and has never bullshitted anything, I believe him. Where he obtained this knowledge is still unknown, but I believe him.
CEA999

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2005, 05:21:02 PM »
Saw a tv show 1 night that was on Bruce Lee & I think it was the actor Lee Marvin (?) that was telling a story of witnessing Lee's 1" punch.Supposedly when it connected w/the guy he hit the force knocked him back about 8-10 feet!!

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2005, 05:24:58 PM »
can you hook me up with chuck? i need a pair of

I remember those from blackbelt magazine when I was a kid.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2005, 07:03:55 PM »
Blah blah blah, jesus, replace Bruce Lee with Capt James T Kirk and it all sounds the same you fucking geeks. "This one time, Bruce jumped 300 feet and kicked a butterfly!, you better respect him or else I will give you a drum punch!" Back to the comic book stores and Trekkie Conventions for you fuckign twits, change your diapers you fucking stink and make me sick. G L is right you guys fucking suck.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2005, 10:19:40 PM »
i once saw a guy in ufc beat tank like he was a baby. and he didn't grab tank even once just fast fast fast punches. this guy was quick... anyone seen that fight. he had tank covering up like a little kid. think about this. bruce lee was twice as fast as that guy. okay tank is just a brawler but he got beat like nothing.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2005, 10:30:40 PM »
i once saw a guy in ufc beat tank like he was a baby. and he didn't grab tank even once just fast fast fast punches. this guy was quick... anyone seen that fight. he had tank covering up like a little kid. think about this. bruce lee was twice as fast as that guy. okay tank is just a brawler but he got beat like nothing.
Vitor Belfort

Carmello

• Getbig III
« Reply #141 on: December 20, 2005, 10:34:30 PM »
Blah blah blah, jesus, replace Bruce Lee with Capt James T Kirk and it all sounds the same you fucking geeks. "This one time, Bruce jumped 300 feet and kicked a butterfly!, you better respect him or else I will give you a drum punch!" Back to the comic book stores and Trekkie Conventions for you fuckign twits, change your diapers you fucking stink and make me sick. G L is right you guys fucking suck.
If u r reffering to "GL" from the flexonline boards, tell him CharlieCool says he's still a non informational tool. And u my fine feathered friend have the honor of being GL's biggest cum guzzling slut! Congrats on that.
CEA999

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2005, 10:48:06 PM »
Bruce Lee would be killed by Chuck Norris in any kind of fight unless ole Brucy Boy managed to poke his eyes or kick him in the sack. Bruce was just an angry little man with a Napolean complex. He would lose to any serious fighter.
"Shut the F up and train"

Carmello

• Getbig III
« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2005, 11:10:58 PM »
Bruce Lee would be killed by Chuck Norris in any kind of fight unless ole Brucy Boy managed to poke his eyes or kick him in the sack. Bruce was just an angry little man with a Napolean contest. He would lose to any serious fighter.
I know u must be joking. I'm not gonna rival this with u but i see your either misinformed, or are talkin shit to aggravate people here who like Bruce Lee. I say u r misinformed because Bruce Lee already beat Chuck Norris like he wasn't even a martial artist. So get your facts straight, or stop posting bullish!
CEA999

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2005, 11:22:55 PM »
Okay fine. it's safe to say that Bruce Lee is much much faster than Belfort and there aren't much better srikers than Bruce Lee. That means he'd be one of the best to say the least.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: December 20, 2005, 11:44:14 PM »
Someone posted a few pages back that Chuck DID defeat Bruce in a sparring match.
"Shut the F up and train"

chafed_nut_sack420

• Getbig IV
« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2005, 11:53:14 PM »
This thread is hilarious.

Bruce Lee was an actor/martial artist, nothing special. He was handsome, had martial arts skills, made it sound mystical and shit and the West ate it up, (like they do with all new fads). After the success of his movies in the States,  he could've told people to eat shit for breakfast and they probably would.

Its amazing how a movie actor can really put people in awe. Bruce spins some chains around and makes funny noises in greased up poses and some of you think he was God like.

Chuck Norris would smoke Bruce Lee in a real fight and the only reason Chuck doesn't say that is because it would have been suicide to his own fledgling film career. You dont slam a world famous person like Bruce and expect not to get blacklisted.

I'm not trying to say Bruce sucked ass but he wasn't as great as some of you are making him out to be.

remylebeau

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: December 21, 2005, 02:55:42 AM »

That would be Vitor Belfort, beat tanks ass down in 44 seconds. Tank outweighed Vitor by 30-40lbs min.

remylebeau

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #148 on: December 21, 2005, 02:59:50 AM »
Someone posted a few pages back that Chuck DID defeat Bruce in a sparring match.

Chuck Norris - "Lee, pound for pound, might well have been one of the strongest men in the world, and certainly one of the quickest".

I don't see why Chuck would say that about someone who's ass he kicked.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #149 on: December 21, 2005, 06:49:07 AM »

When they did that scene in Colosseum, the story goes that Chuckie Boy started to go all out full contact, and it made Bruce real pissed, therefore he pinched a good piece of carpet from the chest of Chuckie, and went on to totally destroy that stiff legged fellas entirely.

I would love to see all the footage that were taken when that scene was filmed. When you look at the end of the scene, it is quite obvious that Chuckie Boy bit off more than he could chew, his face is weary and dusted, hehe.

Chuckie Boy got PWNED.

BTW, that is the only time Chuckieman has ever played the bad guy.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise