Author Topic: Mr Getbig about a week away!!!  (Read 19751 times)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Re: Mr Getbig about a week away!!!
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2008, 03:50:58 AM »
"AXA"..haha, you're really something..mr. 3 weeks on the board, not enough time to prep for the contest...but you're ready to be on a first name basis with the moron who's running the show? Do you own stock in knee pads or are you just retarded?
Oh, and I'm pissed because I am a planner. I planned to submit pics this weekend because that's what the threads said. If you notice, there's an entire board with dates, chat, pm's all about the Mr GBIII 2008. Supposedly, the guy running that board either can't read or just does'nt give a shit. Oh, but you and everyone else is just fine with this ::)
YOU and the other contestants = PUSSIES......that's the only logical explanation 8)

>:(
Watch your mouth old man.  I guess us younger folk find it easier to stay in shape for longer and not let ourselves go.
P

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2008, 03:55:37 AM »
I was gonna enter but my camera is broken...
No doubt about it...

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2008, 04:56:24 AM »
>:(
Watch your mouth old man.  I guess us younger folk find it easier to stay in shape for longer and not let ourselves go.
...and, apparently, enjoy getting jerked around and being OK with it! Grow some balls

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2008, 05:03:03 AM »
For those upset with the postponing - send a message and boycott the contest. Complaining won't bring it back to the original date.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2008, 05:17:02 AM »
For those upset with the postponing - send a message and boycott the contest. Complaining won't bring it back to the original date.
yes,,,good point

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2008, 05:20:19 AM »
 They did this at the Olympia once. Guys all had their thongs on and were told that the event was not happening until three weeks later because Joe Weider had been crushed unconscious wrestling a muscleman.
O

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2008, 11:40:24 AM »
STFU and quite your complaining :)

Enjoying your trip

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2008, 01:53:53 PM »
I got pretty damn shredded for GBIII and a whole bunch of confusion happens. I can imagine TA being upset (he looked diced as hell) and quite a few other guys who obviously dieted and stayed focused for this. Not bothering with it any more.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »
I got pretty damn shredded for GBIII and a whole bunch of confusion happens. I can imagine TA being upset (he looked diced as hell) and quite a few other guys who obviously dieted and stayed focused for this. Not bothering with it any more.

No offense, but were you and your 22 posts even cleared for entry? Sounds snide I know and sorry, but seriously I am not sure if MS would have let you anyway.

I understand everyone's annoyance and don't even know what is going on myself. Not to excuse it, but unless an entrant had "munzer like conditioning" extra time will only serve them well.

Or as I suggested before, ask Mindspin to forgo cash prizes now and in the future - which some people [not the entrants] complained about already and they didnt want a proper judging procedure, just the board saying what they thought. Have the "contest" and award zilch - then Ron doesn't need to approve anything and those that complained money should not be awarded will also be happy.

I see it as pretty ghey if its just pics up and everyone saying who think looks best - its what we do everyday here really but not my call, and what people have asked for. Slap pics up and call it a day.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2008, 02:38:10 PM »
Few quick questions CQ please.

1. What is the issue about money. Wht does ron have to approve it?

2. Why does he have an issue with it that needs approved

sorry if these already been asked.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2008, 02:47:08 PM »
Few quick questions CQ please.

1. What is the issue about money. Wht does ron have to approve it?

2. Why does he have an issue with it that needs approved

sorry if these already been asked.

I actually do not know 100% but Mindspin posted it puts him in a "quandry with the powers that be" and he must "play politics"

I [not fact] assume as this board is sponsored by certain elements, that having other elements donate prize money may be the issue. We saw the drama prior with Eds radio show vs. PBW, perhaps a similar things is at play here?

Is why I say its a non-issue if the prize money is tossed out the window and the "prize" is nothing...makes it all no problem, and people have called for that for some reason I do not understand.

As of now, if MS hasn't posted - its as he cannot via Ron. That is the entire issue - he arranged prize money months ago.

I do know Ron is really busy, gets buckets of pm's and is very hard to connect with. Last year I hounded the man, sent nothing under 50 pms to get things done.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2008, 02:58:15 PM »
Thanks for the post and reply.

hmmm...the pirze money is certainly appealing...where else could you do such a thing and have teh first online bbuilding contest...to me tahts what sets it apart rather than guys just post pics?

Sorry what happened with ed's radio show...could someone not throw upo a site and it can be hosted there...maybe i am thinking too simplistically.

Why dont the sponsors of teh board thejn sponsor it?

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2008, 03:37:55 PM »

Here's a crazy thought:

Take the pics now(while you're shredded) and submit them later.

:D

☠ Order of Nephilim

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2008, 03:39:59 PM »
Here's a crazy thought:

Take the pics now(while you're shredded) and submit them later.

:D

The rules of the contest state you have to be holding a current newspaper. I say let people enter next week and let 240 hold the pics without releasing them and also let people submit pics the day of the "new" contest.  It's really the only fair way.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2008, 03:40:40 PM »
we could always call it MR BLUTO and run it on the z board, no prize money but winner gets unlimited no of stickys

ron has no say on that board, he knows he's not wanted down there!
Z

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2008, 03:41:12 PM »
The rules of the contest state you have to be holding a current newspaper. I say let people enter next week and let 240 hold the pics without releasing them and also let people submit pics the day of the "new" contest.  It's really the only fair way.

agreed, I was going to post the exact same thing
Air Falcon

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: October 13, 2008, 03:41:36 PM »
we could always call it MR BLUTO and run it on the z board, no prize money but winner gets unlimited no of stickys

sounds good to me
i love the z...
w

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #167 on: October 13, 2008, 03:42:20 PM »

Definitely more prestigious than the other contest. 2,000 dollars can be spent in a day, the title Of Mr. Bluto is an honor that lasts forever.
E

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #168 on: October 13, 2008, 03:44:12 PM »
all BS ....I got ready last year to win it all  only to get kicked out by some hater grug bs..

I definetely understand competitors upset this year ..

these guys dieted and prepared..a little more consideration wouldn't hurt ...

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #169 on: October 13, 2008, 03:45:56 PM »
all BS ....I got ready last year to win it all  only to get kicked out by some hater grug bs..

I definetely understand competitors upset this year ..

these guys dieted and prepared..a little more consideration wouldn't hurt ...
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM ;D

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #170 on: October 13, 2008, 03:48:01 PM »
Nice picture.... You earn a big thumbs up from me  :)

Why the hell do people think that posting pictures of themselves with groups of quasi-attractive women will earn them repute?  ::)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #171 on: October 13, 2008, 04:22:43 PM »
Thanks for the post and reply.

hmmm...the pirze money is certainly appealing...where else could you do such a thing and have teh first online bbuilding contest...to me tahts what sets it apart rather than guys just post pics?

Sorry what happened with ed's radio show...could someone not throw upo a site and it can be hosted there...maybe i am thinking too simplistically.

Why dont the sponsors of teh board thejn sponsor it?

Sure one could have site hosted elsewhere, that is no issue. Site is no biggie, a page with some pics on, I and many others could toss that up in a couple of hrs. Issue is - look at Ed as an example. Supposing that was tried, all Ron has to do is keep wacking threads. I assume [?] Ed's show is on deaths door now, if not dead already. One can't really have a contest, with no way to tell anyone, and all threads about it wacked.

Option A - go ahead and win piss all, as some people [no one who actually is in it lol] want it to be a prizeless thing anyway.

Option B - it's Ron's board, so must go his way and wait on him.

Thats just as I see, nothing official.

Nothing is stopping anyone from doing a little prizeless show, I've been saying that for 18 months. Anyone complaining can toss up a thread and do it themselves.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #172 on: October 13, 2008, 04:25:21 PM »
good points.

I dont read certain threads. Was Ed's threads about his show deleted?

Also i understand what you mean about Ron's board...his board his rules...fair enough i guess.

PS ron...bench comp prizes would be appreciated lol

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2008, 04:30:38 PM »

Why the hell do people think that posting pictures of themselves with groups of quasi-attractive women will earn them repute?  ::)

::)
P

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2008, 04:34:50 PM »
STFU and quite your complaining :)

Some people have been working their tails off and are about ready. Seems kinda messed up.  :-\