Author Topic: Why do uneducated Christians 'dispute' 'macroevolution'?  (Read 18768 times)

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
Re: Why do uneducated Christians 'dispute' 'macroevolution'?
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2010, 03:31:28 PM »
Im not claiming to be educated nor smart.. Just open minded. And not a sheep.

nothing against you swede, just wondering why you weren't being attacked by these guys for some of your posts.  guess it's because you're a fellow atheist and evolutionist and couldn't be a dumbfuck like those people who believe in a deity.

some arrogant fuckers in here.

boonasty

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2010, 03:32:53 PM »

everyone should decide for themself what to belive in but OPTIONS should be out there. and nothing should be FORCED on you from a young age (religion)

i can appreciate and agree with this.  good addition to your post.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2010, 03:34:35 PM »
nothing against you swede, just wondering why you weren't being attacked by these guys for some of your posts.  guess it's because you're a fellow atheist and evolutionist and couldn't be a dumbfuck like those people who believe in a deity.

It has nothing to do with intelligence and I don't think atheism/theism is being argued about here; evolution has been studied for over a hundred years now and scientists are always gaining more and new insights into the workings of evolution. There might be some conflict on how exactly certain things took place but it is universally agreed that we evolved and that all life evolved.
I hate the State.

spinnis

« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2010, 03:36:11 PM »

im throwing out ideas not claims =)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2010, 03:36:25 PM »
For me reading "The Selfish Gene" had me start thinking about evolution and life in general in a very different way.
from incomplete data

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2010, 03:37:18 PM »
For me reading "The Selfish Gene" had me start thinking about evolution and life in general in a very different way.

Really? I enjoyed it but it wasn't anything that changed my life. Mind sharing how it affected you?
I hate the State.

spinnis

« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2010, 03:38:54 PM »
i can appreciate and agree with this.  good addition to your post.

thx.

I had a hard time keeping my mouth shut when the muslim kids at the kidnergarten asked "Why cant we eat that like the other kids do?"  Ham on the sandwiches.

Poor little kids having their parents "beliefsf" FORCED upon them. Ant not knowing why.

boonasty

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2010, 03:39:31 PM »
It has nothing to do with intelligence and I don't think atheism/theism is being argued about here; evolution has been studied for over a hundred years now and scientists are always gaining more and new insights into the workings of evolution. There might be some conflict on how exactly certain things took place but it is universally agreed that we evolved and that all life evolved.

if it were universally agreed you wouldn't have two different sides in this thread.

im throwing out ideas not claims =)

no worries swede.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2010, 03:39:51 PM »
Another funny thing is that humans are claimed to be the most evolved species on earh
I dont agree with that. we're evloved in Different way.

If we were the most evolved we wouldnt need TOOLS and WEAPONS to kill much larger animals our body would have been Evolved enough to do it by itself, using only your hands.

We can freeze to death in cold climat unless we put clothes on..
We would die in hot temprature due to dehydration.

Which ALOT of animals could handle.

So evolved in Another way is the key  ;D

Put every animal on the planet in the same Big ass place and lets see who survives the longest, it sure as hell wouldnt be humans lol.

A big ass place like earth?

spinnis

« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2010, 03:40:47 PM »
A big ass place like earth?

well that would take too long lol. a smaller place but big enough for all animals to fit.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2010, 03:41:58 PM »
if it were universally agreed you wouldn't have two different sides in this thread.

no worries swede.

OK, universally agreed upon in the science community.
I hate the State.

boonasty

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2010, 03:42:17 PM »
thx.

I had a hard time keeping my mouth shut when the muslim kids at the kidnergarten asked "Why cant we eat that like the other kids do?"  Ham on the sandwiches.

Poor little kids having their parents "beliefsf" FORCED upon them. Ant not knowing why.

i agree with you

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2010, 03:45:03 PM »
Really? I enjoyed it but it wasn't anything that changed my life. Mind sharing how it affected you?

lol not life changing but I guess the best way to describe it is that it all makes more sense now. Things that always had an aura of mystery around them now have been broken down into logical explanations.

Stuff like why animals are aggressive versus altruistic. Why the concept of male and female exists. Why we care so much for our close kin etc. Things that seemed obvious but when trying to explain it myself I always fell short.

The concept of replicators and survival machines was an eye opener too. I never thought of it that way.
from incomplete data

boonasty

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2010, 03:45:33 PM »
OK, universally agreed upon in the science community.

i tend to doubt that.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2010, 03:45:41 PM »
well that would take too long lol. a smaller place but big enough for all animals to fit.

The fact we can capture the world's wildest and most powerful beasts and exhibit them in zoo's means that we are the dominant race. hell we have wiped out so mnay species of animals.

spinnis

« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2010, 03:48:31 PM »
The fact we can capture the world's wildest and most powerful beasts and exhibit them in zoo's means that we are the dominant race. hell we have wiped out so mnay species of animals.

try to capture them by your bare hands... as animals could do to us.

Could You create something that could capture a tiger/ gorilla? Or would you rely on sometihng someone Else has created?

every gorilla on this planet could capture you.. even the retarded weak ones

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2010, 03:50:24 PM »
try to capture them by your bare hands... as animals could do to us

But what's the point of that argument? In nature everything is allowed and we consistently come out on top. Everything is is not about brute violence.
from incomplete data

spinnis

« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2010, 03:52:14 PM »
But what's the point of that argument? In nature everything is allowed and we consistently come out on top. Everything is is not about brute violence.

the point is that you could define "evolved" differently. I define it in another way then most. not claiming anyone is wrong. We have evolved so we Can capture them.. But there are specific people that have allowed us to do so. Every ape could catch us. Every person couldnt create something to catch them. Hence any ape could eliminate a bunch of people. Every man couldn't eliminate a bunch of apes  ;D
I know its BLURRY  ;D but im tired lol.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2010, 03:56:44 PM »
the point is that you could define "evolved" differently. I define it in another way then most. not claiming anyone is wrong. We have evolved so we Can capture them.. But there are specific people that have allowed us to do so. Every ape could catch us. Every person couldnt create something to catch them. Hence any ape could eliminate a bunch of people. Every man couldn't eliminate a bunch of apes  ;D
I know its BLURRY  ;D but im tired lol.

Why would you think that evolved means being the perfect killing machine?
from incomplete data

spinnis

« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2010, 04:18:34 PM »
Why would you think that evolved means being the perfect killing machine?

I dont know where Im going with it lol.

We're evolved but a majority of us are still very stupid compared to the smart ones (those who invented electricity/lightbulb/dynamite) and that type of stuff. so as a Whole maby were not so damn evolved afterall? just that a certian few are?

and we still have war. poverty, religion, all of which could be fixed if we Wanted to and if eveyroenw as evlolved (mentally) they could have fixed it by themself.. what % of humans could create light from sctratch for example. or medicine to fight the flu or different stuff which would have probably eliminated our race a long time back.

animals didnt have to create any anti biotics, they didnt have to create light, because they are evloved enough to deal with it from the getgo.

Humans are the most defensless animals at birth

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2010, 04:32:27 PM »
I dont know where Im going with it lol.

We're evolved but a majority of us are still very stupid compared to the smart ones (those who invented electricity/lightbulb/dynamite) and that type of stuff. so as a Whole maby were not so damn evolved afterall? just that a certian few are?

and we still have war. poverty, religion, all of which could be fixed if we Wanted to and if eveyroenw as evlolved (mentally) they could have fixed it by themself.. what % of humans could create light from sctratch for example. or medicine to fight the flu or different stuff which would have probably eliminated our race a long time back.

animals didnt have to create any anti biotics, they didnt have to create light, because they are evloved enough to deal with it from the getgo.

Humans are the most defensless animals at birth

Dude, lol. Just go find the nearest library and start reading books. Stopping smoking pot would certainly help too.

The problems we create for ourselves don't have anything to do with evolution, it's only a mere byproduct of our brainpower. What does it matter that I wouldn't be able to invent AC electricity by myself? Why would this matter in terms of evolution?

Animals die of sickness all the time. They're just as vulnerable as we are. Back in the prehistoric days our expected lifespan were around 20-30 years but we can now live much longer than that due to our inventions, a luxury no other animal has.

Humans were very competent survivors in the prehistoric days, where do you get the notion that they weren't?
from incomplete data

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2010, 04:34:34 PM »
Never said anything different. If you think you can explain what a human is by means of a biological theory, you're wrong though.
aha!!!    wavelength we must have a discussion sometime.

humans are 100% reducable to biology, and so is our mind reducable to the physiology of our brains.

God created this universe, this universe created life.

although im not disagreeing that the complete explanation of what a human is, and what human experience is, can be defined through empirical research..    (that might not be phrased exactly right, but i think you get it)

your body, your brain, influences your mind. and your mind influences your brain, your body.

that is the one reason why complete empiricism can never fully explain us. we control our destiny, at least to some extent, completely outside of our sensory experience. that is to say, we can, at times, make certain decisions that go completely against everything we have ever been taught by experience... something a purely physical, purely "self sustaining" organism would never be capable of, let alone 'desire' to do.  

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2010, 07:16:21 PM »
try to capture them by your bare hands... as animals could do to us.

Could You create something that could capture a tiger/ gorilla? Or would you rely on sometihng someone Else has created?

every gorilla on this planet could capture you.. even the retarded weak ones

Their skills are their strength. Our skills are our brains. That is why the human race is in no danger of being extinct anytime soon.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2010, 07:21:37 PM »
aha!!!    wavelength we must have a discussion sometime.

humans are 100% reducable to biology, and so is our mind reducable to the physiology of our brains.

God created this universe, this universe created life.

although im not disagreeing that the complete explanation of what a human is, and what human experience is, can be defined through empirical research..    (that might not be phrased exactly right, but i think you get it)

your body, your brain, influences your mind. and your mind influences your brain, your body.

that is the one reason why complete empiricism can never fully explain us. we control our destiny, at least to some extent, completely outside of our sensory experience. that is to say, we can, at times, make certain decisions that go completely against everything we have ever been taught by experience... something a purely physical, purely "self sustaining" organism would never be capable of, let alone 'desire' to do.  

Listen to Carl Sagan.

spinnis

« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2010, 04:02:45 AM »
Dude, lol. Just go find the nearest library and start reading books. Stopping smoking pot would certainly help too.

The problems we create for ourselves don't have anything to do with evolution, it's only a mere byproduct of our brainpower. What does it matter that I wouldn't be able to invent AC electricity by myself? Why would this matter in terms of evolution?

Animals die of sickness all the time. They're just as vulnerable as we are. Back in the prehistoric days our expected lifespan were around 20-30 years but we can now live much longer than that due to our inventions, a luxury no other animal has.

Humans were very competent survivors in the prehistoric days, where do you get the notion that they weren't?

I wonder what exactly lead our Brain to start growing/developing instead of our body like most other animals(?)

if I didnt smoke pot I wouldnt give a fuck about Any of this lol.