Author Topic: OK. Now you told me how strong squatters you guys are.  (Read 3489 times)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
OK. Now you told me how strong squatters you guys are.
« on: February 12, 2012, 02:13:47 AM »
Then can you guys(who can do 400lbs squats) post some pics of your legs? No homo AT ALL.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
Re: OK. Now you told me how strong squatters you guys are.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 02:16:07 AM »
How is the fortune cookie biz going kyomu San

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 02:28:02 AM »
How is the fortune cookie rice cake biz going kyomu San
fixed

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 02:30:03 AM »
fixed

Oh sorry - I was going to say sushi next guess :D - is it going well ?  :)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 02:49:17 AM »
Oh sorry - I was going to say sushi next guess :D - is it going well ?  :)
Yeah.Thanx to everybody. :)

SmallPole

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 02:49:55 AM »
i can squat 400 for 5 and my legs are seriously nothing to write home about in terms of size or shape...

what i think you're missing is that not everybody here does a typical bb routine. i'm focusing on strength mainly, doing a powerlifting routine and such a squat is seriously weak for a decent powerlifter

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 03:04:26 AM »
BLP (I think),   who used to post here was a squatting machine winning all kinds of events. His legs were toothpicks.

berblexer

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 03:09:37 AM »
gayer than asking other men for pictures of their legs
Team Pat Banana

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 03:21:56 AM »
who the fuck cares how much you lift, jesus, you reek of insecurity....don't you think you're too old to still care for shit like that?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 03:50:31 AM »
Then can you guys(who can do 400lbs squats) post some pics of your legs? No homo AT ALL.

homo

Bonobo

• Getbig II
  • My ASS!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 04:04:56 AM »

Now you are getting a bit to gayish for my taste so no....no leg pictures for you kamikazi san... :)
The original Monster

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 04:14:39 AM »
I can squat 405 for 4-5 good deep reps. I am the strongest squatter in the whole gym (it's got like 1200 members).

After seeing people train in different gyms all over the world I came to the conclusion that most just don't squat at all and the few that do squat usually use very light weights (up to 135lbs). Heavy squatters are very rare. Never been to the US though - guess it's a bit different there as the squat is still considered a basic excersise over there.

Most real athlethes (weightlifting , track n field , football/soccer... NOT guys who wanna build some muscle and look good) perform heavy squats as they know how much they can benefit from that .. but in a "fitness" gym ...

So kyomu it's not just you who sometimes gets the feeling that every internet warrior seems to squat 315 - 495 with ease. That makes you wonder why you hardly ever see those guys at a gym .. must be all americans.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 04:21:38 AM »
Who says heavy squats equal big legs?  ???

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 04:23:34 AM »
i can squat 400 for 5 and my legs are seriously nothing to write home about in terms of size or shape...

what i think you're missing is that not everybody here does a typical bb routine. i'm focusing on strength mainly, doing a powerlifting routine and such a squat is seriously weak for a decent powerlifter

Also depending on bodyweight but squatting 405 for reps definetely isn't anywhere near "seriously weak".

SmallPole

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 04:24:42 AM »
I can squat 405 for 4-5 good deep reps. I am the strongest squatter in the whole gym (it's got like 1200 members).

After seeing people train in different gyms all over the world I came to the conclusion that most just don't squat at all and the few that do squat usually use very light weights (up to 135lbs). Heavy squatters are very rare. Never been to the US though - guess it's a bit different there as the squat is still considered a basic excersise over there.

Most real athlethes (weightlifting , track n field , football/soccer... NOT guys who wanna build some muscle and look good) perform heavy squats as they know how much they can benefit from that .. but in a "fitness" gym ...

So kyomu it's not just you who sometimes gets the feeling that every internet warrior seems to squat 315 - 495 with ease. That makes you wonder why you hardly ever see those guys at a gym .. must be all americans.

maybe it's just that getbig is not the first internet bb forum where you're average gymrat homo comes to to get the newest info on how to dose his HMB
it's not even the first place a beginner roider usually comes to, cause his head would implode with all the scandalous talk about how pct is bullcrap and the recommended doses are 200mg tren acetato ed ;D

tl;dr - getbiggers are the cream of the crop, no wonder they squat 500 for reps

SmallPole

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 04:26:40 AM »
Also depending on bodyweight but squatting 405 for reps definetely isn't anywhere near "seriously weak".

it's weak for a decent powerlifter

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 04:31:11 AM »
maybe it's just that getbig is not the first internet bb forum where you're average gymrat homo comes to to get the newest info on how to dose his HMB
it's not even the first place a beginner roider usually comes to, cause his head would implode with all the scandalous talk about how pct is bullcrap and the recommended doses are 200mg tren acetato ed ;D

tl;dr - getbiggers are the cream of the crop, no wonder they squat 500 for reps

Yeah you're probably right. I actually think that getbig has quite a few experienced guys .. as you said it's just not the place most beginners would come to and ask for advice - also seems like we've got quite a high number of juicers on here. As the non-bodybuilding related content is quite high it also attracts people who barely train anymore though.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 04:34:19 AM »
Define decent powerlifter.

A lot of "powerlifters" use briefs, suits, wraps etc. and partial (parallel) range of motion.

What kind of squat are we talking about here? 405 fullsquat at like 170 pounds is a very good lift which is way more impressive than a 500 pound fully geared GM squat.

What does your statement even mean? It's like saying "bench pressing less than 550 is seriously weak for guys other than henderson, mendelson and kennely"

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 04:35:20 AM »
Claiming squat weight means nothing without a video really. An inch is a mile.

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 04:40:56 AM »
Claiming squat weight means nothing without a video really. An inch is a mile.

True. Talked to this old fat guy at the gym once .. told he me could squat like 500lbs for a few reps. Few weeks later we're both squatting at the same time ... he actually puts on a lot of weight but his ROM was like 4 inches - not kidding at all.

When I say 405 for a few deep reps that means RAW (no belt, no wraps - yes the DO help ALOT , no suit ..) and at least slightly below parallel.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 05:01:23 AM »
True. Talked to this old fat guy at the gym once .. told he me could squat like 500lbs for a few reps. Few weeks later we're both squatting at the same time ... he actually puts on a lot of weight but his ROM was like 4 inches - not kidding at all.

When I say 405 for a few deep reps that means RAW (no belt, no wraps - yes the DO help ALOT , no suit ..) and at least slightly below parallel.

A belt is still considered RAW. Squatting that heavy without a belt is highly risky and dumb.

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 05:49:55 AM »
A belt is still considered RAW. Squatting that heavy without a belt is highly risky and dumb.

Yeah a belt does not help you lift more weight anyway so you're right .. I just use it when I get really close to my 1RM which I don't do very often when it comes to squatting. Heavy is relative.

Never had any issues with my lower back.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 06:53:56 AM »
You've seen my legs, and you've trained long enough to know that strength and size arent the only factors involved.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 06:59:28 AM »
My legs suck completely,but I`ve done 405 at 165 bw.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 09:32:09 AM »
you dont need squats for big legs,,,,, just like you dont need flat benches for a big chest

if i had my time over id never squat over 3 plates ever.....