Author Topic: Do you think that Steve Reeves was a fake natty?  (Read 29524 times)

thebrink

• Getbig V
Re: Do you think that Steve Reeves was a fake natty?
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2014, 03:43:51 PM »
reeves was a stud and had a physique 99% of GB couldnt touch. thats why he has to be on steroids.

qft!

Instant recipe for hate.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2014, 03:55:54 PM »
List of Steroid type drugs available to 1940's bodybuilders potentially -

Androsterone - (Schering - 1934)
Androfort (Richter - 1936)
Testosterone Propionate - Sterandryl (Roussel - 1936)
Testoviron (British Schering - 1936)
Virormone (Paines & Byrne - 1936)
Perandren (Ciba - 1937)
Neo-Hombreol (Organon - 1937)
Pantestin (Richter - ?? *at least 1941)
Erugon-S (Bayer - ?? *at least 1941)
Methyltestosterone - Metandren (Ciba - 1940)
Perandren Linguets (Ciba - 1940)
Glosso-Sterandryl (Roussel - 1941)
Neo-Hombreol-M (Organon - 1941)
Oreton M (British Schering - 1942)
Oraviron (British Schering - 1942)
Viromone- Oral (Paines & Byrne - 1942)
Testosterone Cypionate
Depo-Testosterone (Upjohn - 1951)

Methyl Testosterone being sold through an ad in Popular Science in 1948 -

http://books.google.com/books?id=fiYDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA258&dq=methyltestosterone+hudson&hl=en&sa=X&ei=1niVU5r7CcqdyASxo4CAAQ&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=methyltestosterone%20hudson&f=false

FDA stops it 1950 or so -

http://archive.nlm.nih.gov/fdanj/bitstream/123456789/13388/3/174001130.txt .

Just offing it up, it's up to you to decide what you believe, personally post WWII is my start point where I start to listen, by then steroids, were in use helping the war wounded, had magazine press, etc....

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2014, 04:55:34 PM »

http://books.google.com/books?id=fiYDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA258&dq=methyltestosterone+hudson&hl=en&sa=X&ei=1niVU5r7CcqdyASxo4CAAQ&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=methyltestosterone%20hudson&f=false

Boom.

Steroids were common knowledge and easily acquired in the 1940's. Reeves surely used them..... being a bodybuilder and all  ::)

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2014, 06:38:52 PM »
Steve would not place in the top 3 today in Mr. California. 'If' he took drugs, Ciba Labs Dbol was out in the open, with his amazing genetics he would have been HUGE. HUGE in today's standards. He was only a fantastic natural. Yes there were anabolics used primarily in medicine available in the 50's. I was a mere kid but did socialize with Steve, Larry Scott and Bill Smith when we all went to Rand's Roundup, an all you can eat prime rib joint. We did talk about Dbol. Word was that yes it made you bigger but it gave you massive zits and water retention. Reeves, Scott and Smith wanted none of that.

Bodybuilders in those days were physical culturists. They took handfulls of desiccated liver and brewers yeast tablets. Farted like cows. Sure there were a few guys who took Dbol and yes they were zit city. NOT the men who I speak of.

But alas manny of you will not believe this. Like broscience a lot of you perpetuate brohistory. ,

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2014, 06:40:13 PM »
reeves lifetime natural?

are u kidding?

for sure a steroid user

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2014, 06:40:32 PM »
Steve would not place in the top 3 today in Mr. California. 'If' he took drugs, Ciba Labs Dbol was out in the open, with his amazing genetics he would have been HUGE. HUGE in today's standards. He was only a fantastic natural. Yes there were anabolics used primarily in medicine available in the 50's. I was a mere kid but did socialize with Steve, Larry Scott and Bill Smith when we all went to Rand's Roundup, an all you can eat prime rib joint. We did talk about Dbol. Word was that yes it made you bigger but it gave you massive zits and water retention. Reeves, Scott and Smith wanted none of that.

Bodybuilders in those days were physical culturists. They took handfulls of desiccated liver and brewers yeast tablets. Farted like cows. Sure there were a few guys who took Dbol and yes they were zit city. NOT the men who I speak of.

But alas manny of you will not believe this. Like broscience a lot of you perpetuate brohistory. ,
What was the Reeves training and diet like?

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2014, 09:29:27 PM »
You mention Larry Scott, he admits he was taking dbol, low dosage as he said.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2014, 09:36:07 PM »
Steve Reeves was the best of the true naturals.  Superb in every way.  The kind of face and physique that women love.
QFT what a handsome handsome man!!!

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2014, 09:45:36 PM »

I never saw Larry again after he went from Goodrich over to Gironda's Gym. What happened then...I don't know. I'm not surprised. Reeves and Bill Smith went Hollywood and Scott stayed in the Bodybuilding limelight.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2014, 09:48:45 PM »
you wouldnt give him a second look when in a club wearing clothes and prime ronnie coleman is on the other side of the club

this is just a fact of life and female brain anatomy

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2014, 09:49:59 PM »

He lied.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2014, 09:55:06 PM »
What was the Reeves training and diet like?

I only saw Steve eat when we all went to dinner. Amazing that they let a high school kid join them. He ate copious amounts of beef chased down by beer. I did sit next to him a few times at the health food bar downstairs from Goodrich. He ate yogurt with toasted wheat germ and black molasses on top...and a 50/50 coconut milk and carrot juice drink. I joined him and it was rather good.

I most remember Steve doing weighted dips and chins, hanging leg ups, overhead triceps press and heavy leg press He would often do seated behind the neck militarys. High reps and super slow. Along with dumbbell bench and curls I did about the same routine.

This was almost 60 years ago....ouch!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2014, 10:00:56 PM »
Steve Reeves won Mr America in 1947 and the NABBA Mr Universe in 1950. That was well before Dianabol was released about 1956.

The public in those days thought bodybuilders were musclebound, stupid and perhaps queer. Mirror athletes they were called. So

most of the guys who lifted weights had something to prove and they were strong and could do feats of strength. Steve lived in

the house on the beach owned by an old lady who demanded healthy living and especially nutrition.

I rather doubt that Steve took anything like testosterone in those days. What happened later in his career we do not know.

When you look closely at the champs from the 40s and early 50s you don't see any gynecomastia.

It was Grimek and not Reeves who experimented with Testosterone. He didn't benefit so abandoned them.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2014, 10:01:07 PM »
you wouldnt give him a second look when in a club wearing clothes and prime ronnie coleman is on the other side of the club

I have met Ronnie Coleman and didn't find him attractive. Yes he's a great bodybuilder and one of the best with incredible genetics. I love faces over physiques and happen to like more classic physiques anyway. Personsality is extremely attractive too and Ronnie is very dull and boring.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2014, 10:09:49 PM »
I have met Ronnie Coleman and didn't find him attractive. Yes he's a great bodybuilder and one of the best with incredible genetics. I love faces over physiques and happen to like more classic physiques anyway. Personsality is extremely attractive too and Ronnie is very dull and boring.
ronnie is not dull and boring

he is pure of heart

true christian ambassador of jehova

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2014, 10:28:20 PM »

he is pure of heart

He is dull and boring. I talked to him on a plane flying to Dallas after the AC in 2007. I met so many other bodybuilders during the expo with much better personalities.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2014, 10:31:12 PM »

he is pure of heart

He is dull and boring. I talked to him on a plane flying to Dallas after the AC in 2007. I met so many other bodybuilders during the expo with much better personalities.

And the dumbfucks are off...... 

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2014, 10:32:19 PM »

Baby Mama #11 in 3, 2, 1...

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2014, 11:12:25 AM »
I only saw Steve eat when we all went to dinner. Amazing that they let a high school kid join them. He ate copious amounts of beef chased down by beer. I did sit next to him a few times at the health food bar downstairs from Goodrich. He ate yogurt with toasted wheat germ and black molasses on top...and a 50/50 coconut milk and carrot juice drink. I joined him and it was rather good.

I most remember Steve doing weighted dips and chins, hanging leg ups, overhead triceps press and heavy leg press He would often do seated behind the neck militarys. High reps and super slow. Along with dumbbell bench and curls I did about the same routine.

Awesome..

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2014, 11:28:13 AM »
List of Steroid type drugs available to 1940's bodybuilders potentially -

Androsterone - (Schering - 1934)
Androfort (Richter - 1936)
Testosterone Propionate - Sterandryl (Roussel - 1936)
Testoviron (British Schering - 1936)
Virormone (Paines & Byrne - 1936)
Perandren (Ciba - 1937)
Neo-Hombreol (Organon - 1937)
Pantestin (Richter - ?? *at least 1941)
Erugon-S (Bayer - ?? *at least 1941)
Methyltestosterone - Metandren (Ciba - 1940)
Perandren Linguets (Ciba - 1940)
Glosso-Sterandryl (Roussel - 1941)
Neo-Hombreol-M (Organon - 1941)
Oreton M (British Schering - 1942)
Oraviron (British Schering - 1942)
Viromone- Oral (Paines & Byrne - 1942)
Testosterone Cypionate
Depo-Testosterone (Upjohn - 1951)

FDA stops it 1950 or so -

http://archive.nlm.nih.gov/fdanj/bitstream/123456789/13388/3/174001130.txt .

Just offing it up, it's up to you to decide what you believe, personally post WWII is my start point where I start to listen, by then steroids, were in use helping the war wounded, had magazine press, etc....

Talking about CIBA Dianabol not being there but this got ignored it seems... Revees used in my opinion, that takes nothing away from his legend and awesome physique...

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2014, 04:34:14 PM »

you're on drugs if you really believe this.
b

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2014, 04:58:02 PM »
I think the last natural bb was Sandow. He was pretty dry so he may have used some form of amphetamines.

I also think a lot of the 70's guys took more than we think.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2014, 05:08:17 PM »
Every generation thinks that their generation is where shit begins. It's comical...

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2014, 06:14:18 PM »
Queen Victoria and every kunt around smoked Opium in the 1800's

Gin was given out to keep the poor people drunk.

Kids got whored out early in the legal pedo brothels in London.

Victoria was fuckin her cousin prince Albert.

Times are innocent theses days by comparison.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2014, 06:33:42 PM »

I've read in various online sources that he always started with delts and then some combo of chest/back/arms and always ended with legs

Is this correct?

Do you recall the # of sets per bb or how long these full body workouts took to complete?