Author Topic: Hormones and intense excercise builds muscle  (Read 10919 times)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Re: Hormones and intense excercise builds muscle
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2024, 02:00:14 PM »
Mobility does not directly cause hypertrophy.   You may know drugs Brian but I know rehab.  Don't try and say shit like that

Mobility is needed for exercise. Exercise is needed for hypertrophy if you can not train you can not grow. You think you know rehab. I never claimed to know drugs. I study the body and how to maintain it how it works that does mean studying of hormones, proteins, lipids, etc, etc, again you say drugs just a very narrow myopic view of a much larger concept.

But fine you want to talk "drugs" and hormones. If you don't know hormones and proteins and their effect on the body you don't know rehab and training.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2024, 02:04:12 PM »
Yet you fuck with compounds that directly cause problems.   FTTP (or whatever) .....diurectics.....

I have forgotten more on cell phys than you know.  If you cared as much about "anti-aging"....you wouldn't be sitting here trying to get to the bodyweights you say you do. 

And yes, you are on "steroids".....testosterone is a sex hormone....otherwise known as a sex STEROID.  You want to throw semantics out...there's one for you.  Bioidentical or not...it IS a steroid.

It is ALSO a drug.  A prescription DRUG.

Anti Aging is not just about living longer it is about living healthier longer. Most age related issues are caused by loss of muscle mass the older we get the harder it is to add muscle eventually you start to lose it. You want to be able to play with your grand kids at 90 you better be jacked at 50.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2024, 02:14:11 PM »
I read several a day on a variety of topics

You read abstracts at best. 

Never said they were but we are talking about injecting directly into the joint if we are talking about growth or healing factors or anti-inflammatory compounds or synthetic synovial fluids it is the same damn concept.

You insinuated they were by your comment.

They are similar as saying all diuretics work on the kidney.....when we know damn well certain ones work at different points of the loop.

Mobility is needed for exercise. Exercise is needed for hypertrophy if you can not train you can not grow. You think you know rehab. I never claimed to know drugs. I study the body and how to maintain it how it works that does mean studying of hormones, proteins, lipids, etc, etc, again you say drugs just a very narrow myopic view of a much larger concept.

But fine you want to talk "drugs" and hormones. If you don't know hormones and proteins and their effect on the body you don't know rehab and training.

You said mobility causes growth.  I don't think I know rehab....I DO. 

You have "studied" bodybuilding drugs.....hows that for narrowing it down?  If anyone has a myopic view (further showing it isn't brian typing) its you. 

The bolded statement is one of the stupidest things you have ever said.  I would love for you to talk your way out of that comment.   Show me the connection in hormones and rehab from a practical application.  Don't sit here and tell what a hormone does.  Tell me how to rehab a partial tear of of the supraspinatus tendon with accompanying tendonosis.  Show me ANY example of a PT that talks to a patient about that stuff.

Anti Aging is not just about living longer it is about living healthier longer. Most age related issues are caused by loss of muscle mass the older we get the harder it is to add muscle eventually you start to lose it. You want to be able to play with your grand kids at 90 you better be jacked at 50.

At NO POINT do you have to be JACKED to play with your kids at 90.   What a completely moronic comment. 

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2024, 02:18:23 PM »
He’s on a more likely path to be dead by 50. Multiple unnecessary elective surgeries for aesthetic purposes. Dumb.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2024, 02:21:40 PM »

They are similar as saying all diuretics work on the kidney.....when we know damn well certain ones work at different points of the loop.

You have "studied" bodybuilding drugs.....hows that for narrowing it down?  If anyone has a myopic view (further showing it isn't brian typing) its you. 

The bolded statement is one of the stupidest things you have ever said.  I would love for you to talk your way out of that comment.   Show me the connection in hormones and rehab from a practical application.  Don't sit here and tell what a hormone does.  Tell me how to rehab a partial tear of of the supraspinatus tendon with accompanying tendonosis.  Show me ANY example of a PT that talks to a patient about that stuff.

At NO POINT do you have to be JACKED to play with your kids at 90.   What a completely moronic comment.

They don't and that is the problem it is malpractice. When we know certain compounds are beneficial in the healing process post surgery other compounds can actually help healing to avoid surgeries many can improve functionality and quality of life. Like I said if you don't know about healing through medicine and you only study physical manipulation then you don't know rehab.

I mean for fuck sake you are talking about injured damaged tissue and don't want to study growth and healing factors you think they have no application in rehab and recovery are you daft????

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2024, 02:22:31 PM »
That tanning cream gave you a big rash on your forehead.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2024, 02:23:59 PM »
They don't and that is the problem it is malpractice. When we know certain compounds are beneficial in the healing process post surgery other compounds can actually help healing to avoid surgeries many can improve functionality and quality of life. Like I said if you don't know about healing through medicine and you only study physical manipulation then you don't know rehab.

sounds like you relied on drugs rather than physio after your knee surgery

Sounds bang on for you

Easiest way in life is the only way.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2024, 02:25:56 PM »
sounds like you relied on drugs rather than physio after your knee surgery

Sounds bang on for you

Easiest way in life is the only way.

Fuck off with your extra 200 calories you are as bad as DJ just an older soggier version

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2024, 02:27:11 PM »
He’s on a more likely path to be dead by 50. Multiple unnecessary elective surgeries for aesthetic purposes. Dumb.

You do realize chronic pec tears are called chronic because they keep happening? I want to get it fixed so it doesn't keep happening. 100 bucks says you don't even lift

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2024, 02:28:16 PM »

I never said mobility causes growth again see above mobility is necessary for growth you can be the most agile mobile guy on the planet if you sit on the couch not eating you are not going to grow

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2024, 02:29:48 PM »

i spend very little time reading about bodybuilding stuff I already read it all decades ago. I still spend a lot of time reading new studies in aging.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2024, 02:36:33 PM »
Those shaky bench presses he’s posted are the best rehab and prevention for future “chronic pec tears”. The only chronic is what he’s smoking to be so delusional.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2024, 02:39:32 PM »
i spend very little time reading about bodybuilding stuff I already read it all decades ago. I still spend a lot of time reading new studies in aging.
you should read some studies on the success of pec repairs long after they occur.

If you did you wouldn't be wasting your money

Does Em know you are spend the kids food on a stupid pointless operation?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2024, 02:52:53 PM »

I mean for fuck sake you are talking about injured damaged tissue and don't want to study growth and healing factors you think they have no application in rehab and recovery are you daft????

First off you have no idea what the term malpractice means....or you wouldn't have just used it in that way.

Secondly, you said rehab and hormones...now you want to bring surgical situations into it.  Someone has a partial tear of a supraspinatus tendon...that does not always mean surgery.  In addition, just because you take a compound does NOT mean you have rehabbed the tissue that was damaged.  Over-facilitated / inhibited muscle or incorrect firing patterns from years of over working something needs to be corrected to prevent future damage.  Oh, but you knew that already...didn't you?

Yeah, I am daft....says the guy who is 10 years older than you and can move better than you.  You did not tell me how you would deal with that rehab situation at all.  How does the assessment of the thoracic spine, scapular mobility, and the surrounding tissues involve "certain compounds"???  NEVER did I suggest that some compounds wouldn't be beneficial in the healing....but THAT is not rehab.  That is ancillary to the active process.  You seriously do NOT understand who you are talking to.

You do SHIT for pre-hab and mobility.  Prove me wrong

Yes, because studies come out daily don't they?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2024, 02:54:25 PM »
It is for anti aging purposes thicker hair is only one thing it does

How come I can't find any doctors recommending HGH for hair loss?

It's all that Rogaine and Finisteride stuff.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2024, 02:56:15 PM »

19" neck and a 30" noggin.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2024, 02:59:57 PM »

19" neck and a 30" noggin.

The look of radiant good health and wellbeing, a shining soul illuminating the darkness.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2024, 05:38:09 PM »
you should read some studies on the success of pec repairs long after they occur.

If you did you wouldn't be wasting your money

Does Em know you are spend the kids food on a stupid pointless operation?

If I want to spend my money to get my pec fixed what is it to you? Why is it pointless? I have a chronic tear that means it keeps happening. This Dr has a new technique to repair chronic tears what part of that are you missing? What does it hurt to go see him and get his professional opinion? I should just listen to Jeff instead? Jeff also said I couldn't win a show and should just give up. Jeff has been known to be wrong.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2024, 05:39:54 PM »
First off you have no idea what the term malpractice means....or you wouldn't have just used it in that way.

Secondly, you said rehab and hormones...now you want to bring surgical situations into it.  Someone has a partial tear of a supraspinatus tendon...that does not always mean surgery.  In addition, just because you take a compound does NOT mean you have rehabbed the tissue that was damaged.  Over-facilitated / inhibited muscle or incorrect firing patterns from years of over working something needs to be corrected to prevent future damage.  Oh, but you knew that already...didn't you?

Yeah, I am daft....says the guy who is 10 years older than you and can move better than you.  You did not tell me how you would deal with that rehab situation at all.  How does the assessment of the thoracic spine, scapular mobility, and the surrounding tissues involve "certain compounds"???  NEVER did I suggest that some compounds wouldn't be beneficial in the healing....but THAT is not rehab.  That is ancillary to the active process.  You seriously do NOT understand who you are talking to.

You do SHIT for pre-hab and mobility.  Prove me wrong

Yes, because studies come out daily don't they?

I worked in a library in college. You could spend the rest of your life reading and never get through it all. One subject always leads to the next.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2024, 05:41:46 PM »
The look of radiant good health and wellbeing, a shining soul illuminating the darkness.

I didn't say I was going to make the cover of GQ magazine. I said I had some hair on my head.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2024, 05:53:03 PM »
I worked in a library in college. You could spend the rest of your life reading and never get through it all. One subject always leads to the next.

Any more random thoughts that don't address the subject?  You're a good little boy for not addressing anything else other than my final statement though.  Seems you know when you tuck your tail between your ass cheeks and run.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2024, 06:14:05 PM »
Any more random thoughts that don't address the subject?  You're a good little boy for not addressing anything else other than my final statement though.  Seems you know when you tuck your tail between your ass cheeks and run.

Why argue you are fucking daft because you are contradicting yourself like I get it you think you are a great rehab person the same reason every idiot thinks they are a great trainer and their clients go nowhere.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2024, 06:17:23 PM »
Why argue you are fucking daft because you are contradicting yourself like I get it you think you are a great rehab person the same reason every idiot thinks they are a great trainer and their clients go nowhere.

Show me ONE spot where I did that Brian.  You CAN'T argue because I corner you on things and you say "I don't need to argue"....like some desperate female trying to avoid the truth when busted.

I don't think I am great....but I am damn well more versed on things than you.   Fucking spouting off shit you have read from Flex magazine.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2024, 06:21:49 PM »

No wonder you are alone in this world with only your pathetic ego.  No one thinks well of you. Neither here nor in the real world.  That is your reality little manlette.  No one means...Everyone.  Asshole.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2024, 08:50:08 PM »

And yes, you are on "steroids".....testosterone is a sex hormone....otherwise known as a sex STEROID.  You want to throw semantics out...there's one for you.  Bioidentical or not...it IS a steroid.

It is ALSO a drug.  A prescription DRUG.

Just to harp on semantics. I know what you mean, though some or many researchers make a distinction between testosterone and anabolic steroids. Lots of scientific articles say "testosterone and anabolic steroids" as if there's a difference. The difference is that anabolic steroids a lot of times is meant to mean testosterone or other androgen derivatives (whether 19-nors, DHT, or testosterone derivatives*) with a steroid structure which were specifically developed for heightening the anabolic effect versus the androgenic. Of course test is anabolic too and of course it is a steroid as you say. And I know you know all this too, I'm not arguing you don't. But the distinction is sometimes made and it's based on something real but perhaps irrelevant in some discussion. I got into this debate on IG where I explained this and someone said, "fuck you, test is an anabolic steroid." Yes and no, sometimes the distinction is made, and I explained why.

Of course someone might not want to say they are on "anabolic steroids" for different reasons, like for claiming they are actually natural, and sometimes the difference is irrelevant. Semantic discussion of peace :)

There are other terms used that might be irrelevant too, like bioidentical and prohormone. I think many are a bit unclear on what is meant by bioidentical. Same with prohormone. Prohormone is often used by scientists but a drug testing org like WADA makes no distinction between anabolic steroids and what is sold as "prohormones" or "andro"-whatever. Some common anabolic steroids might actually be termed prohormones as the active metabolites formed in the body might be what causes most of the anabolic or whatever else response.