Author Topic: Brett Rogers calls out Kimbo, shreds Shamrock  (Read 1087 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Brett Rogers calls out Kimbo, shreds Shamrock
« on: August 29, 2008, 04:24:33 AM »
 Brett Rogers is definitely not a company man. EliteXC passed over 'The Grim' to give 44-year old Ken Shamrock the next shot at Kimbo Slice. That had Rogers steaming mad when he and his handlers decided to release a statement to the Five Ounces of Pain blog.

I don't think Rogers will be doing a media tour on behalf of the promotion to pimp the Oct. 4 CBS show after this diatribe.

Rogers feels cheated:

"As for Oct 4th; that was our spot. Shamrock with his name and giant ego butted in line to get a slice of Kevin. At 103 years of age Ken usurped our rightful place against the YouTube champ. Our sincerest hope is that Ken whips Kimbo and then we can finally euthanize the "World's Most Dangerous Man" and relegate him to some MMA dinosaur exhibit. Maybe taxidermy him and (Dan) Severn and place them on a rotating pedestal where they can endless circle each other.

He says one can only imagine how big the Kimbo myth will get with a victory over Shamrock:

If Ken proves to be more sham [than] rock and Fergi beats him, then the Slice hype grows even greater. Dude is already more myth [than] Sasquatch, Chupacabra and a [expletive] unicorn combined. Kevin is the black Yeti.

Rogers even goes as far as saying Kimbo isn't really from the mean streets. We see Kimbo duking it out on YouTube with some rough-looking characters in Miami. 'The Grim' says that's all bull:

Kimbo made it a point to go frontin' to our boys at Big Black. But that street thug B.S. might work well with the fan bois and the Internet dorks who think your street cred means something; but Son ... Brett comes from Cabrini Green; the worst 12 blocks of America. Compared to that your street is Sesame Street."

Rogers (8-0) also does a nice job of dropping a 'Jurassic MMA' line about Kimbo potentially cleaning house with Keith Hackney, Harold Howard and Fred Ettish.

'The Grim' has a right to be angry and this is quality smack talk that he's directing at both Kimbo and Shamrock. But does he really have the fighting pedigree to make these digs? Who is Brett Rogers? He's an out-of-shape looking 6-foot-5 dude with no proof of a ground game. His quality wins are against Jon Murphy and James Thompson. Butterbean also counts Thompson as a quality win.

Rogers' eight wins have come against guys with a combined 34-43 record and that includes two dudes who are 0-1. Among his "big" wins were three guys (VIDEO) who wore wife beaters to the cage and another who has the build of 'Playboy' Buddy Rose.

Could Rogers beat anyone in the WAMMA Top 15 -- Fedor Emelianenko, Antonio Nogueira, Josh Barnett, Randy Couture, Andrei Arlovski, Tim Sylvia, Fabricio Werdum, Gabe Gonzaga, Cro Cop, Ben Rothwell, Aleks Emelianenko, Cain Velasquez, Roy Nelson, Brock Lesnar and Cheick Kongo? Speaking to one Las Vegas oddmaker, all of these fighters would be at least -300 against Rogers. In fact, I'd be willing to say Rogers couldn't beat one of the "fossils" that he mentioned, Dan Severn.

This is all starting to reek of Double-A baseball players talking trash or Jose Canseco raining smack on Vai Sikahema. Actually, add Sikahema to the list of guys who could probably beat Kimbo and Rogers.
Predictions
 40/61

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
Re: Brett Rogers calls out Kimbo, shreds Shamrock
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 01:25:49 PM »
What is going to be funny is if Ken walks in the cage, and gets bombed on right out of the gate. Ken's old ass can't take too many of those hits. Although, that one kid did take one of Kimbo's blows right to the chest.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 05:24:29 PM »
What is going to be funny is if Ken walks in the cage, and gets bombed on right out of the gate. Ken's old ass can't take too many of those hits. Although, that one kid did take one of Kimbo's blows right to the chest.

Not only that, but I have been saying this for a long time. BARE KNUCKLE ON BARE SKIN, TEARS SKIN! I know I am not a huge guy, (we all know this) but the last 4 or 5 times I have hit someone they busted open! my logic hear is that if Kimbo was a solid strong puncher you would have seen at least a few of those guys bust open. I have never seen but I think 1 Kimbo fight if memory serves me right where a guy bleeds?

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 08:08:15 PM »
Not only that, but I have been saying this for a long time. BARE KNUCKLE ON BARE SKIN, TEARS SKIN! I know I am not a huge guy, (we all know this) but the last 4 or 5 times I have hit someone they busted open! my logic hear is that if Kimbo was a solid strong puncher you would have seen at least a few of those guys bust open. I have never seen but I think 1 Kimbo fight if memory serves me right where a guy bleeds?

I know in boxing, my trainer taught me to turn my fist over as soon as the knuckle touches the face which is known to create cuts, even if the punch isn't that hard.  The blood Kimbo draws is from blunt force.  Either way, Ken got dropped by a 185 lb Sakuraba who is not really known as a devastating puncher.  If Kimbo touches Ken on the Jaw he's done.  Ken said this fight is put up or shut up for him, I think he said that when he fought Tito for the first time,  that line is getting as old as he is.
Predictions
 40/61