Author Topic: EVOLUTION is fact, but Natural Selection is FLAWED!  (Read 22237 times)

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
  • Owner, Supreme Sports Enhancements
EVOLUTION is fact, but Natural Selection is FLAWED!
« on: January 07, 2013, 12:28:17 PM »
Evolution of life has occured here on planet Earth, that is an incontrovertible scientific fact. The fossil record does not lie. However, the MECHANISM of action–meaning, HOW evolution took place, has not been adequately excplained. Natural Selection is true, and plays a large role in the evolution of life, but it certainly isn’t the whole picture. It would take an absolute leap of FAITH for me to believe that something as complex and intricately functioning as the BRAIN arose simply from random mutations and the subtle pressures of natural selection. As a true scientist and philosopher, I don’t make leaps of faith, but rather, I believe in the EVIDENCE, and simply can not accept that Natural Selection is the SOLE cause for ALL of the magnificent and incredible diversity and variation of life here on Earth. Information theory prohibits such a misplaced and unreasonable belief.

Information, as a law, must always come from an intelligent source such as a computer or a brain. Each and every one of the TRILLIONS of cells in our bodies has been programmed with brilliant mathematical instructions encoded in our DNA. The BRAIN, and all of life on earth, have been intricately and precisely developed, as the most powerful and brilliant TECHNOLOGY of our natural universe. WE as human beings are literally, as heinously complex carbon-based life forms, highly advanced organic TECHNOLOGICAL beings that have even created our OWN technologies, much in our own images. Perhaps our purpose is to continue to PRODUCE, to develop ever more complex technologies that eventually enable us to unlock the full potential of our own DNA(genetic information technology). All of life on earth is highly advanced organic technology, based on the brilliant mathematics of DNA. From the smallest bacterium to the largest fish in the sea, all of life has been progammed by an unmistakably intelligent source, far superior to that of human beings. It is plainly obvious that LIFE, as a complex form of natural organic technology, could not arise simply from random mutations. It is just not possible, and as I scientist, I just can’t believe that.

DOGMATISM exists even among the scientific community, something that I can now see as I have grown older, smarter, and wiser. I will be offering my hypothesis for how life and it’s astounding diversity and variation arose here on earth, using the new sciences of Systems Theory, Chaos and Complexity, Emergent Properties, Quantum Consciousness, Cynamics, and Sacred Geometrical Mathematics.

“Anyone who becomes seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that there is a spirit manifest in the laws of of the Universe, a spirit vastly superior to that of man.”-Albert Einstein

“As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.”-”The FOUNDER of Quantum Physics, Max Planck:

snx

• Getbig IV
Re: EVOLUTION is fact, but Natural Selection is FLAWED!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 12:34:00 PM »
Yeah. You're an agnostic.

Go sell crazy somewhere else. We're all topped up here.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 12:36:44 PM »
Too busy congratulating Goodrum on his new studio to care.

Anglo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 12:37:36 PM »
well put Ross

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 12:44:56 PM »
Evolution of life has occured here on planet Earth, that is an incontrovertible scientific fact. The fossil record does not lie. However, the MECHANISM of action–meaning, HOW evolution took place, has not been adequately excplained. Natural Selection is true, and plays a large role in the evolution of life, but it certainly isn’t the whole picture. It would take an absolute leap of FAITH for me to believe that something as complex and intricately functioning as the BRAIN arose simply from random mutations and the subtle pressures of natural selection. As a true scientist and philosopher, I don’t make leaps of faith, but rather, I believe in the EVIDENCE, and simply can not accept that Natural Selection is the SOLE cause for ALL of the magnificent and incredible diversity and variation of life here on Earth. Information theory prohibits such a misplaced and unreasonable belief.

Information, as a law, must always come from an intelligent source such as a computer or a brain. Each and every one of the TRILLIONS of cells in our bodies has been programmed with brilliant mathematical instructions encoded in our DNA. The BRAIN, and all of life on earth, have been intricately and precisely developed, as the most powerful and brilliant TECHNOLOGY of our natural universe. WE as human beings are literally, as heinously complex carbon-based life forms, highly advanced organic TECHNOLOGICAL beings that have even created our OWN technologies, much in our own images. Perhaps our purpose is to continue to PRODUCE, to develop ever more complex technologies that eventually enable us to unlock the full potential of our own DNA(genetic information technology). All of life on earth is highly advanced organic technology, based on the brilliant mathematics of DNA. From the smallest bacterium to the largest fish in the sea, all of life has been progammed by an unmistakably intelligent source, far superior to that of human beings. It is plainly obvious that LIFE, as a complex form of natural organic technology, could not arise simply from random mutations. It is just not possible, and as I scientist, I just can’t believe that.

DOGMATISM exists even among the scientific community, something that I can now see as I have grown older, smarter, and wiser. I will be offering my hypothesis for how life and it’s astounding diversity and variation arose here on earth, using the new sciences of Systems Theory, Chaos and Complexity, Emergent Properties, Quantum Consciousness, Cynamics, and Sacred Geometrical Mathematics.

“Anyone who becomes seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that there is a spirit manifest in the laws of of the Universe, a spirit vastly superior to that of man.”-Albert Einstein

“As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.”-”The FOUNDER of Quantum Physics, Max Planck:

::)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 12:48:30 PM »

why are you rolling your eyes at a post that talks about scientific evidence of a creator?

oh wait, i know, because you believe in a 3 thousand year old earth and think anything to the contrary is blasphemous.

drop the faith in man made religious dogma, dude!

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 12:55:52 PM »

Information theory does not support your assertions, also , this argument that information can only come from an intelligent mind is actually a creationist argument regarding DNA. Natural selection is not the only mechanism of change, nor random mutation, perhaps read some biology?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 01:01:01 PM »
necrosis - biology does not explain how information is developed.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 01:07:53 PM »

However, the MECHANISM of action–meaning, HOW evolution took place, has not been adequately excplained. Natural Selection is true, and plays a large role in the evolution of life, but it certainly isn’t the whole picture.

Natural selection has been explained sufficiently well, and since it is the primary driver of evolution, the "how" of evolution has, for the most part, been explained. There exists no mystery either at the core of evolution nor at the periphery (since the peripheral processes, e.g., genetic drift, are at least somewhat understood as well).

It would take an absolute leap of FAITH for me to believe that something as complex and intricately functioning as the BRAIN arose simply from random mutations and the subtle pressures of natural selection. As a true scientist and philosopher, I don’t make leaps of faith, but rather, I believe in the EVIDENCE, and simply can not accept that Natural Selection is the SOLE cause for ALL of the magnificent and incredible diversity and variation of life here on Earth. Information theory prohibits such a misplaced and unreasonable belief.

Who is claiming as much? The dominant school of thought regarding these matters is "adaptationism," which can be defined one of several ways. The only definitions I'm aware of that anybody adheres to entail the majority of our biological properties being adaptations (i.e., having been naturally selected). Nobody says natural selection accounts for all such properties. Darwin himself recognized that there were almost certainly other biological processes at work in shaping evolutionary change. Perhaps you can produce some quotes or paraphrases of actual biologists arguing that natural selection is the sole driver of evolution?

The adaptationists have a decent argument as far as the brain is concerned, since they most often subscribe to the notion of massive modularity -- the idea that the brain is comprised of specialized modules performing specific cognitive tasks and functioning as independent input/output systems. It's easy to see how this thesis can be explained via natural selection: brains grew more complex as specialized module after specialized module accrued over time. Obviously, the explanation needs to be vastly more in-depth than that; I'm simply telling you its general form.

Information, as a law, must always come from an intelligent source such as a computer or a brain.

Which law reflects this, and of which science? Or did you just stipulate that this is a law right here and now? I've never heard any such thing. The information encoded in our DNA molecules came neither from brains nor computers, and there's no indication at all that any intelligence whatever is necessary to account for its genesis.

Each and every one of the TRILLIONS of cells in our bodies has been programmed with brilliant mathematical instructions encoded in our DNA.

Well, there aren't literally mathematical structures inside of our cells, so I'm not sure what you mean by this. Is the mathematics there in the matter itself or is that just our minds overlaying such structure onto what we see? Maybe it's just an imposition of our own.

The BRAIN, and all of life on earth, have been intricately and precisely developed, as the most powerful and brilliant TECHNOLOGY of our natural universe.

It gets the job done, but I wouldn't tout its horn too much: there is an endless list of built-in errors, tendencies toward failure, and inefficiencies. These are better explained by the thesis that the brain was evolved naturally, not designed by a magical intelligence (unless you are intent on insulting that intelligence).

Perhaps our purpose is to continue to PRODUCE, to develop ever more complex technologies that eventually enable us to unlock the full potential of our own DNA(genetic information technology).

Uh-oh, is this an extended intro to an ad for a product of some kind?  ???

all of life has been progammed by an unmistakably intelligent source, far superior to that of human beings. It is plainly obvious that LIFE, as a complex form of natural organic technology, could not arise simply from random mutations. It is just not possible, and as I scientist, I just can’t believe that.

Almost all scientists in the relevant specialties disagree. What is "plainly obvious" (which translates to "what my intuitions tell me to be the case") often isn't what is actually true. There's nothing "plainly obvious" about most scientific facts because they involve invented technical notions of which we can have no intuitions in the first place. Your gut has no role to play here bra. In what sense are you a scientist, if I might ask?

Maybe it depends on your definition of "new," but most will say none of these endeavors are new at all. I have no clue what Cynamics is, and Sacred Geometrical Mathematics is obviously bullshit since it has "sacred" in its name.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 01:14:37 PM »
Syntaxmachine displaying an exercise in systematic ownage.

A thing of beauty when done correctly. Particularly against a post reeking of hubris and self-importance.

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 01:16:26 PM »
I'm on my phone while eating, and although I will respond to your post when I can, I can say with certainty that if you aren't familiar with cynamics, the study of sound vibrational frequencies on the behavior of matter, you are no scientist at all and don't have a fully comprehensive view of the universe.  Perhaps you know a thing or two about biology, but that doesn't mean you've investigated every branch of science as rigorously and a thoroughly as I have.  To be continued ..

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 01:16:39 PM »
Getbig....a fucking BODYBUILDING board where members think they know the origins of life...hahahahaahaaa, you can't make this shit up

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 01:22:49 PM »
While you're at it, look up fractal geometry and patterns in nature.  Do you even know what fibonacci numbers are?

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 01:24:55 PM »
lol, this guido tool is nothing without his slumlord father's money.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 01:24:59 PM »
Erstling just proving that he is indeed a moron of the highest order.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 01:30:08 PM »
why are you rolling your eyes at a post that talks about scientific evidence of a creator?

oh wait, i know, because you believe in a 3 thousand year old earth and think anything to the contrary is blasphemous.

drop the faith in man made religious dogma, dude!

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 01:33:39 PM »
suggest you also study the evolution of the COSMOS. Structures that aren't subject to the containment earth share the same geometrical patterns of structures here on earth. Look up the number Phi and how the 1.16 number appears over and over again im nature.  Point is, there are other forces at work, besides natural selection..these forces act uniformly, everywhere in the universe.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 01:36:41 PM »
I stopped read after this, "Information, as a law, must always come from an intelligent source such as a computer or a brain"

"Information" is not a "law".  "Information is the creation of coherency out of random data.  As such, "information" is determined by the receiver not the transmitter of data signals.  Any 1st year physics student would know that.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 01:37:38 PM »
End of thread.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 01:41:12 PM »
End of Thread

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 01:41:43 PM »
I'm on my phone while eating, and although I will respond to your post when I can, I can say with certainty that if you aren't familiar with cynamics, the study of sound vibrational frequencies on the behavior of matter, you are no scientist at all and don't have a fully comprehensive view of the universe.  Perhaps you know a thing or two about biology, but that doesn't mean you've investigated every branch of science as rigorously and a thoroughly as I have.  To be continued ..

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 01:43:16 PM »
I stopped read after this, "Information, as a law, must always come from an intelligent source such as a computer or a brain"

"Information" is not a "law".  "Information is the creation of coherency out of random data.  As such, "information" is determined by the receiver not the transmitter of data signals.  Any 1st year physics student would know that.

INFORMATION THEORY; Classical information and Quantum Information

BITS and QUIBITS

Do you even know what you're talking about? lol

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 01:45:50 PM »

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 01:48:52 PM »
By the way, I first read the Selfish Gene and The Blind Watchmaker, both by Richard Dawkins, when I was only 18 years old.  Science is my life. I read Hawking's Brief History of Time that same year..

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 01:52:15 PM »
By the way, I first read the Selfish Gene and The Blind Watchmaker, both by Richard Dawkins, when I was only 18 years old.  Science is my life. I read Hawking's Brief History of Time that same year..
Obviously you did not grasp either. You would have NEVER made this thread if you had understood it.