Author Topic: Vince Goodrum's "Fuck That Shit, I Got A Better Idea" Threads  (Read 228483 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Vince Goodrum's "Fuck That Shit, I Got A Better Idea" Threads
« Reply #1950 on: October 17, 2020, 07:24:06 PM »
Did you check YouTube Vince for symptoms/repairs? I fixed the dryer recently with a 20.00 part thanks to YouTube.

The washer/dryer is now 21 years old, bought when I moved houses back in 1999 (the house before this one).
Time to get rid of 'em now though, they served their purpose. Time for a new set. Why go used, can get 1 of each, brand new for like 1K total? (500.00 each).

Actually I was about to buy a new washer when someone told me about this guy out in Piedmont who fixes them.  Drove out to his place, huge Trump supporter.  Had a sign out there to make sure to honk or be considered trespassing.   Came over at 8 with a big old Trump/Pence button but he had it fixed in 2 hours...it was some sort actuator switch that was broken that kept the washer from sending the signal to the pump for water.   Chit chatted and apparently he takes a ton of Hi-Tech Pharm products along with Redcon1.   Total was 145 for the repair.  Only had 100 in cash but told me just to leave the rest in the green refrigerator on his porch...after I honk the horn.   I also found out that my washer and dryer were built in 1990....30 years old!!!

MAGA
A

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1951 on: October 17, 2020, 09:31:42 PM »
Wait - you paid $145 for repair on a 30 year old washer??? I just bought my wife a new set and gave a tenant our old ones. They were 5 years old and I wouldn’t have paid $150 bucks to repair. I think you can get pretty decent ones for 5-600 bucks man.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1952 on: October 17, 2020, 09:52:43 PM »
Wait - you paid $145 for repair on a 30 year old washer??? I just bought my wife a new set and gave a tenant our old ones. They were 5 years old and I wouldn’t have paid $150 bucks to repair. I think you can get pretty decent ones for 5-600 bucks man.

I think he would rather pay $145 than $500-$600. So would I. I'm not obsessed with buying something new if what I have does the same thing.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #1953 on: October 18, 2020, 12:55:25 AM »

Actually I was about to buy a new washer when someone told me about this guy out in Piedmont who fixes them.  Drove out to his place, huge Trump supporter.  Had a sign out there to make sure to honk or be considered trespassing.   Came over at 8 with a big old Trump/Pence button but he had it fixed in 2 hours...it was some sort actuator switch that was broken that kept the washer from sending the signal to the pump for water.   Chit chatted and apparently he takes a ton of Hi-Tech Pharm products along with Redcon1.   Total was 145 for the repair.  Only had 100 in cash but told me just to leave the rest in the green refrigerator on his porch...after I honk the horn.   I also found out that my washer and dryer were built in 1990....30 years old!!!

MAGA

Keep it and keep repairing it as it will predate when they started fitting them with sealed drums meaning when the bearing goes you need to buy a complete drum assembly that costs almost as much as a new washer for the sake of an £5 bearing. Went through 3 washing machines in last ten years each time just the fucking bearing

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #1954 on: October 18, 2020, 02:50:51 AM »

MAGA

LOL... Wow!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1955 on: October 18, 2020, 05:26:28 AM »

Well, I originally paid 125 dollars each for the washer and dryer.  The repair was more than what I bought it but I've only paid 270 bucks so far.  However given that I have 2 Super Capacity ones, a brand new unit like mine would actually be over 700 dollars
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #1956 on: October 18, 2020, 01:42:54 PM »
How did you get the water out in order to load the washer onto your vehicle to drive it on over to Piedmont?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1957 on: October 18, 2020, 03:22:50 PM »
How did you get the water out in order to load the washer onto your vehicle to drive it on over to Piedmont?

Repairman came over to my house...
A

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1958 on: December 23, 2020, 01:11:41 AM »

Repairman came over to my house...

Was he paid in kielbasa?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #1959 on: December 23, 2020, 02:09:29 AM »
Was he paid in kielbasa?

think for a moment, that after the homewrecker had Goodrum jizz on his lips, he went home and kissed his wife.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1960 on: December 23, 2020, 01:56:53 PM »
think for a moment, that after the homewrecker had Goodrum jizz on his lips, he went home and kissed his wife.

and his children goodnight. 

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #1961 on: December 23, 2020, 02:10:43 PM »
I have the super nice HE washer/dryer and they suck ass. Not worth half i paid for them 2 years ago.

The older style washers are way better but use more water. Which is why they suck today, not enough water.

I will say the dryer i have is pretty amazing. Dries a full load in about 25 minutes tops.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #1962 on: December 23, 2020, 02:48:14 PM »
Something is governing the amount of water. You could probably adjust the software's parameters or diddle the information that the cpu is receiving.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1963 on: December 23, 2020, 02:49:30 PM »

MAGA

Amazing that your appliances have served you for 30 years. Approximately, how many loads of laundry is that?

I forget how long ago I bought my washer and drier but it's nowhere near 30 years ago...more like 3 years ago. Both work fine and have not needed repairs, nor should they. Yeah Samsung! I bet between all of us using them we run it 3 to 4 times a day of which 1 to 2 loads a week is my stuff. The previous washer lasted about 15 years. I replaced the drier when I replaced the washing machine so they'd match. The old drier worked fine.

I recently replaced a mini-split (HVAC) that was only 6 years old and 1 year past the warranty. I'll never buy another Lenox product. After putting over $1,000. into repairs which didn't fix the damned thing and being told the broken part (a relay switch) would not be available until next April, I had it ripped out and a new different brand mini-split installed. It comes with a 15 year warranty. If it lasts that long it will probably outlast me. LOL!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #1964 on: December 23, 2020, 03:15:30 PM »
That sucks. A relay is just a relay. Sensor voltage opens a path for main voltage. Anything of appropriate specification would have worked fine but, typical of "technicians" these days, all service guys know how to do is swap parts that the manufacturer tells them to use, which cost $3 same as any other part plus $47 for the little sticker glued to it that has the company's name on it

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1965 on: December 23, 2020, 04:12:54 PM »
That sucks. A relay is just a relay. Sensor voltage opens a path for main voltage. Anything of appropriate specification would have worked fine but, typical of "technicians" these days, all service guys know how to do is swap parts that the manufacturer tells them to use, which cost $3 same as any other part plus $47 for the little sticker glued to it that has the company's name on it

Good to know. I'm not particularly mechanical and usually rely on professionals for all but the simplest fixes. I did recently order and install new rollers on the lower rack of my dishwasher. The hardest part about that job was navigating the Bosch website. I swear they make finding parts to order difficult purposefully so you'll get frustrated and buy a new appliance from them instead of fixing the old one. I persisted and I won!  ;D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #1966 on: January 02, 2021, 12:41:45 PM »

MAGA

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #1967 on: May 29, 2021, 06:25:48 AM »
Goodrum, why do you drive a car that has 3 different "check engine" lights on?

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #1968 on: May 29, 2021, 06:49:12 AM »

In case you miss the 1st two??

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #1969 on: May 29, 2021, 06:52:51 AM »
If you are too poor to repair a broken car (like Goodrum) then you should not be allowed to drive such a broken down car, with check engine lights on. It is unsafe for yourself and others.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1970 on: May 29, 2021, 08:34:17 AM »

It's a older model Cadillac...they are always up there as the sensors go bad and it's a waste to time to replace them.  I just keep it regularly serviced
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1971 on: May 29, 2021, 08:40:41 AM »
If you are too poor to repair a broken car (like Goodrum) then you should not be allowed to drive such a broken down car, with check engine lights on. It is unsafe for yourself and others.

It runs like a dream...ask anyone who owns an older model Cadillac...the lights are always on.  They were on when I bought it.  Watch and learn something today

A

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #1972 on: May 29, 2021, 11:02:59 AM »
Thanks, Melvin.

By the way, aren't you making some money now from youtube ad revenue?  :)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1973 on: May 29, 2021, 02:18:51 PM »
It's a older model Cadillac...they are always up there as the sensors go bad and it's a waste to time to replace them.  I just keep it regularly serviced

When the check engine light comes on it could be something as simple as the gas cap not being put on correctly, or a host of other non-serious issues. It could also mean there is something that needs immediate attention. The problem is, how do you know which it is if the sensors are overly sensitive. I have a late model car with nitrogen filled tires. The first year the sensor indicating that the air/nitrogen pressure was low came on a few times immediately after having the car serviced. It was just a faulty sensor which somehow fixed itself.

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
Re: $188,900 For A New Home???? Fu#k That Shit!!! I Got A Better Idea..
« Reply #1974 on: June 18, 2022, 07:54:55 PM »

Brand New Construction.   Wells Fargo Financed

he couldnt remember,

he lies so much, he simply couldnt remember  paid house in cash or financed

and the lemmings piled on anyway  ::)