Author Topic: Trump = Winning  (Read 752658 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Trump = Winning
« Reply #2825 on: December 29, 2019, 03:35:40 PM »
I like some of his policies and applaud the US economic success.
His base LOVES his rude , insulting, hyperbolic rhetoric.
They LOVE it and talk the same way.
In "mixed company that say to "just ignore it" or "he's only defending himself", etc.

One look at his crowd's response at a rally shows they really LOVE his rude, insulting style.
I think he sounds like a childish buffoon on a drunken rant.

We Americans love President Trump because he loves and puts our Nation and her people FIRST.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2826 on: December 30, 2019, 07:10:52 AM »
Insulting people with silly names and crazy rants isn't being a "straight talker".

Trump is a con man that tells  supporters what they want to hear.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2827 on: December 30, 2019, 01:40:58 PM »
In Trump’s Economy, Working Class Employees Are Getting Bigger Raises Than Their Bosses
CHRIS WHITE
TECH REPORTER
December 27, 2019
https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/27/trump-economy-middle-class-wages/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2828 on: December 30, 2019, 02:47:23 PM »
In Trump’s Economy, Working Class Employees Are Getting Bigger Raises Than Their Bosses
CHRIS WHITE
TECH REPORTER
December 27, 2019
https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/27/trump-economy-middle-class-wages/

This is good news. However, when you look deeper, it isn't as wonderful as it seems.

In many states the minimum wage has increased well beyond the Federal minimum wage of $7.25 hr. Many are $10. or higher. Oregon is $11.25 for 2020. This is mostly about supply and demand although politicians like to say it is because people need a living wage (whatever that means).

The headline you posted is misleading. Some of the working class employees are getting bigger raises than their bosses percentage wise, but not in actual dollars.

"Study Shows Income Gap Between Rich and Poor Keeps Growing, With Deadly Effects

The Census Bureau reported on Tuesday that the poverty rate declined last year to 11.8 percent, the lowest level since 2001. But median household income was $63,200 in 2018, essentially unchanged from a year earlier, and income gains slowed last year from the increases posted in 2015 and 2016." https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/us/politics/gao-income-gap-rich-poor.html

"Pay for Americans on the bottom pay scale rose 4.5% in November from last year, whereas wages for the top 25% of earners rose 2.9%" https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/27/trump-economy-middle-class-wages/

"One half, 49.98%, of all income in the US was earned by households with an income over $100,000, the top twenty percent."

So, while those in the tope 20% injoyed an increase in annual wages of about $3,000, Those at the bottom of the scale 47.25 (if they had full time work) got an increase of about $1,800. Additionally, many if not most people earning six figures have beaucoup benefits, such as paid vacation, paid sick leave, healthcare insurance, bonuses and employer paid retirement plans, etc. Those at the bottom wage scale are lucky if they get paid sick leave.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2829 on: December 30, 2019, 02:53:06 PM »
This is good news. However, when you look deeper, it isn't as wonderful as it seems.

In many states the minimum wage has increased well beyond the Federal minimum wage of $7.25 hr. Many are $10. or higher. Oregon is $11.25 for 2020. This is mostly about supply and demand although politicians like to say it is because people need a living wage (whatever that means).

The headline you posted is misleading. Some of the working class employees are getting bigger raises than their bosses percentage wise, but not in actual dollars.

"Study Shows Income Gap Between Rich and Poor Keeps Growing, With Deadly Effects

The Census Bureau reported on Tuesday that the poverty rate declined last year to 11.8 percent, the lowest level since 2001. But median household income was $63,200 in 2018, essentially unchanged from a year earlier, and income gains slowed last year from the increases posted in 2015 and 2016." https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/us/politics/gao-income-gap-rich-poor.html

"Pay for Americans on the bottom pay scale rose 4.5% in November from last year, whereas wages for the top 25% of earners rose 2.9%" https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/27/trump-economy-middle-class-wages/

"One half, 49.98%, of all income in the US was earned by households with an income over $100,000, the top twenty percent."

So, while those in the tope 20% injoyed an increase in annual wages of about $3,000, Those at the bottom of the scale 47.25 (if they had full time work) got an increase of about $1,800. Additionally, many if not most people earning six figures have beaucoup benefits, such as paid vacation, paid sick leave, healthcare insurance, bonuses and employer paid retirement plans, etc. Those at the bottom wage scale are lucky if they get paid sick leave.

Nothing is misleading if you use common sense.  Of course a boss making a much larger salary is going to have a larger overall dollar amount increase. 

But nice try, again, with your attempt to pollute a good news thread with bad news.  TDS is real. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2830 on: December 30, 2019, 03:14:39 PM »
Seek help.   Geeezzzuusss

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2831 on: December 30, 2019, 03:28:48 PM »
Nothing is misleading if you use common sense.  Of course a boss making a much larger salary is going to have a larger overall dollar amount increase. 

But nice try, again, with your attempt to pollute a good news thread with bad news.  TDS is real. 

The point is that lower income people aren't getting bigger raises as the article title says. And I opened by agreeing that this was good news. There is no bad news in what I posted. My post simply clarifies and quantifies just how good the news is.

You are assuming most people will apply common sense to that headline and know that it doesn't mean exactly what it says. Many people never read past the headlines.

Sensationalized and misleading headlines are common in all media regardless of perspective. It's how the media grabs our attention.

As for TDS....well, I never mentioned Trump anywhere in that post. His policies may have something to do with the current situation, but it isn't much.

Wages are based on supply and demand. When there is an abundance of people seeking work, wages level out. When it becomes more difficult to find people willing to work, as is currently the case with lower paying jobs, wages go up. Normally, it is never a problem to hire qualified people willing to work for wages in the six figure market, hence there is less need to increase their wages.    

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2832 on: December 30, 2019, 03:48:48 PM »
The point is that lower income people aren't getting bigger raises as the article title says. And I opened by agreeing that this was good news. There is no bad news in what I posted. My post simply clarifies and quantifies just how good the news is.

You are assuming most people will apply common sense to that headline and know that it doesn't mean exactly what it says. Many people never read past the headlines.

Sensationalized and misleading headlines are common in all media regardless of perspective. It's how the media grabs our attention.

As for TDS....well, I never mentioned Trump anywhere in that post. His policies may have something to do with the current situation, but it isn't much.

Wages are based on supply and demand. When there is an abundance of people seeking work, wages level out. When it becomes more difficult to find people willing to work, as is currently the case with lower paying jobs, wages go up. Normally, it is never a problem to hire qualified people willing to work for wages in the six figure market, hence there is less need to increase their wages.    

Your point is wrong.  The workers' proportional raises are larger.  I think anyone not suffering from TDS understands that. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2833 on: December 30, 2019, 04:23:50 PM »
Your point is wrong.  The workers' proportional raises are larger.  I think anyone not suffering from TDS understands that. 

Have it your way. But that headline doesn't say that and no matter how you spin it, it never will. Of course their wages are larger proportionally. An annual increase of $1,800 on an annual fulltime wage of a little over $15,000 is proportionally way more than than an annual increase of $3,000 on $100,000. I made this very clear. If I wanted to skew the post, I wouldn't have included this information.

On another note, did I mention the net monthly increase on the amount of my Social Security check (after the Medicare deduction) is $28. This is based on a whopping 2.8%.  If I had to live on Social Security, I'd be under the poverty level. Where's my 12%? Huh?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2834 on: December 30, 2019, 04:37:19 PM »
Have it your way. But that headline doesn't say that and no matter how you spin it, it never will. Of course their wages are larger proportionally. An annual increase of $1,800 on an annual fulltime wage of a little over $15,000 is proportionally way more than than an annual increase of $3,000 on $100,000. I made this very clear. If I wanted to skew the post, I wouldn't have included this information.

On another note, did I mention the net monthly increase on the amount of my Social Security check (after the Medicare deduction) is $28. This is based on a whopping 2.8%.  If I had to live on Social Security, I'd be under the poverty level. Where's my 12%? Huh?

I was talking to a friend yesterday who was happy with her $30 a month social security increase.  She said it was the largest increase she could remember.  She doesn't like President Trump but was grateful for the increase. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2835 on: December 30, 2019, 04:39:42 PM »
Trump’s Biggest Wins Of 2019
AMBER ATHEY
WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT
December 30, 2019

President Donald Trump’s third year in office is coming to a close after a very eventful 2019.

While impeachment dominated the news headlines over the past several months, the administration also managed many accomplishment throughout the year. To wrap up the year, we’ve created a list of Trump’s biggest wins of 2019.

JUDICIAL APPOINTMENTS

President Trump has managed to reshape the judiciary branch in his image by nominating an unprecedented number of federal judges to the bench. The Senate has confirmed 187 Trump-nominated judges in just under three years. This means 20% of the federal judiciary is now made up of Trump appointments.

Much of the administration’s success can be credited to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, whose unparalleled focus on judicial appointments has ensured that nominees don’t sit very long before being confirmed. While members of the House debated the rules for impeaching the president several weeks ago, McConnell pushed 13 nominated judges through the Senate.

THE MUELLER REPORT

Special counsel Robert Mueller released a report stemming from his two-year long investigation into Russian collusion this past April. Mueller was unable to establish that Trump or his campaign participated in a conspiracy to work with the Russian government to influence the 2016 election. (RELATED: AG Barr: ‘Bottom Line’ From Mueller Report Is ‘No Collusion’)

Mueller did not reach a conclusion on whether or not the president obstructed justice, compelling Attorney General Bill Barr to announce that the Department of Justice (DOJ) would not pursue that angle against the president.

The report appeared to knock down years of speculation that Trump colluded with Russia to get elected, clearing a major cloud that hung over his presidency since his inauguration.

KILLING AL-BAGHDADI

Trump green-lighted a U.S. Special Forces raid in late October that led to the death of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of ISIS and one of the world’s most-wanted terrorists. Al-Baghdadi was reportedly chased into a dead-end tunnel by a special forces canine, where the ISIS leader is believed to have detonated a suicide vest that killed himself and three children.

Shortly after that raid, Trump announced that the U.S. had also killed al-Baghdadi’s replacement. (RELATED: President Trump Announces Death Of Another ISIS Leader)

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Just confirmed that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’s number one replacement has been terminated by American troops. Most likely would have taken the top spot - Now he is also Dead!

3:29 AM - Oct 29, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
71.2K people are talking about this

‘PHASE ONE’ TRADE DEAL WITH CHINA

The U.S. and China are set to sign a “phase one” trade deal next week in early January, the result of pressure from tariffs and negotiations between the two countries. Trump made standing up to China one of the main components of his presidency, promising American farmers that he would work out a better deal for them. The “phase one” deal includes some tariff relief, more Chinese purchases of American agricultural goods, and further protections on intellectual property.

SPACE FORCE

Trump signed the 2020 National Defense Authorization Act into law Dec. 20, which formally created the U.S. Space Force. The Space Force became the 6th independent branch of the military, and was the first new military service to be created in more than 70 years.

Along with NASA administrator Jim Bridenstine, Trump has redoubled American efforts to be the leader in space exploration and defense.

USMCA TRADE DEAL

The Democratic-controlled House overwhelmingly passed Trump’s U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) in mid-December, handing the president a major win on trade. USMCA, which was negotiated as a replacement for the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), requires automobiles to be 75% manufactured in the U.S., provides more labor protections for Mexican workers, and adjusts the trade balances between the three countries.

RECORD STOCK MARKET GAINS

2019 was another banner year for the economy, with Trump presiding over record stock market gains. The Nasdaq topped 9,000 for the first time ever Dec. 26, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average hit 28,621.39. The S&P 500 marked its 34th record close, hitting 3,239.91 last Thursday, Dec. 26. The stocks continue to bring good news for investors throughout the Trump presidency.

REMAIN IN MEXICO PROGRAM

Trump has implemented a number of new immigration policies since taking office to try to combat the national security and humanitarian crisis on the southern border, but arguably the most successful in the administration’s perspective has been the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP) program, also known as the “Remain in Mexico” policy.

The MPP program requires asylum seekers to wait in Mexico while their claims are processed in the U.S., clearing some of the overcrowding from U.S. detention centers. In September, nearly 50,000 asylum seekers were held in Mexico under the program. Just 11 of those individuals ultimately qualified for asylum.

HOSTAGE NEGOTIATIONS

The Trump administration managed to negotiate the release of more American hostages this year, including Kevin King, 63, who was held in Afghanistan for three years, and American graduate student Xiyue Wang, who was held in Iran for three years.

In Wang’s case, the administration claimed that they gave up little to Iran in exchange for his release. (RELATED: Iran Releases American Student Held Since 2016 In Prisoner Swap)

“No sanctions relief. No pallets of cash. No change in policy,” a State Department official told the Daily Caller.

The administration, led by Robert O’Brien, also notably negotiated rapper A$AP Rocky’s release from a Swedish prison after he was convicted of assault.

RECORD-LOW UNEMPLOYMENT

The unemployment rate dropped to 3.5% several times this year, the lowest rate on record since December 1969. Job gains also routinely outpaced economist predictions this year. For example, the U.S. economy added 266,000 jobs in November, while economists guessed just 187,000 jobs would be added.

Black and hispanic unemployment have been at their lowest levels since the U.S. started recording those categories. In September, the black unemployment rate hit 5.5% while the hispanic unemployment rate hit 3.9%.

DEREGULATION

Trump has outperformed his own promise to cut two regulations for every new one implemented since he took office. According to the White House, the administration has actually cut 8 and a half regulations for every new rule.

Perhaps the administration’s most talked-about deregulatory efforts have been related to the environment.

In September, for example, Trump rolled back the Obama administration’s “Waters of the US” rule, which saw farmers facing jail time and significant fines for being unable to comply with the rule. In one case, a 77-year-old Navy veteran served 18 months in prison after digging ponds around his property to keep wildfires at bay; the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) determined that the ponds were too close to “navigable water” and thus the veteran needed a permit for them.

Trump similarly got rid of Obama-era rules that banned certain types of lightbulbs, forcing American consumers to buy more expensive energy-efficient bulbs. (RELATED: Trump Admin To Undo ‘Oppressive’ Obama-Era Water Regulation)

‘SALUTE TO AMERICA’

Trump managed to unite Americans for at least one day on the Fourth of July with his “Salute to America” parade, a demonstration of patriotism, military might, and American exceptionalism. The parade featured military flyovers, the U.S. Army Band, and a fireworks display. (RELATED: Trump Delivers ‘Salute To America’ As Americans Brave Pouring Rain On The National Mall)

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
A great crowd of tremendous Patriots this evening, all the way back to the Washington Monument! #SaluteToAmerica🇺🇸

View image on Twitter
2:28 PM - Jul 4, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
49.5K people are talking about this
Thousands of Americans lined up on the National Mall to watch the president deliver a speech honoring U.S. history and the military, despite the fact that it rained most of the day.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/30/donald-trump-administration-biggest-wins-2019/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2836 on: December 30, 2019, 04:51:24 PM »

I was talking to a friend yesterday who was happy with her $30 a month social security increase.  She said it was the largest increase she could remember.  She doesn't like President Trump but was grateful for the increase. 

I'm grateful for the increase too. Although I probably didn't seem like I was. It's definitely better than nothing. The more one depends on SS to get by the more any increase no matter how little it is, means to them. I may be an ingrate, but I could easily spend this on lunch out...and have.

My sister lives month to month on a very tiny disability income. I am sure whatever her SSD increase is, she appreciates it. It will probably buy her several days worth of groceries or pay for one of her many prescriptions.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2837 on: December 30, 2019, 05:30:24 PM »
I'm grateful for the increase too. Although I probably didn't seem like I was. It's definitely better than nothing. The more one depends on SS to get by the more any increase no matter how little it is, means to them. I may be an ingrate, but I could easily spend this on lunch out...and have.

My sister lives month to month on a very tiny disability income. I am sure whatever her SSD increase is, she appreciates it. It will probably buy her several days worth of groceries or pay for one of her many prescriptions.

I typically only eat out for business purposes.  Or when I get dragged by my woman.  So much better and cheaper to make your own food. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2838 on: December 30, 2019, 09:47:53 PM »
I typically only eat out for business purposes.  Or when I get dragged by my woman.  So much better and cheaper to make your own food. 

I couldn't agree more. I've become a little lazy lately about not cooking at home. The thing is, if I only ate out for business purposes at this stage of the game, I'd almost never see the inside of a restaurant.

Younger people, at least the two generations behind me who share my house, barely ever fix food at home. If I could find a way to make money off disgarded pizza boxes from my family lunches and dinners, I'd be a millionaire....was going to say billionaire but that would be a gross overstatement...or maybe not.  ;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2839 on: December 31, 2019, 09:57:07 AM »
Good zinger! I laughed for a full minute.

Loco, if I was any calmer, I'd be asleep. I'm that laid back most of the time.
Trump's a con man that knows how to tell potential voters what they want to hear.

I understand why people voted for him (over Hillary) and agree with a few of his policies, etc
I don't think Trump is Hitler or the devil . He's only a man , that's got a tough job.
To me , it sounds retarded  when he says things like "the call was PERFECT" .
How can anyone not think he's a fool,  when he says silly shit like that?
Sounds like some douchebag saying his dick was perfect, to a drunken slut. LOL.

LOL

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2840 on: December 31, 2019, 03:01:58 PM »
Loco, all  I got was a blank gray square and no pics.
I was careful to point out,  I understood why some people voted for Trump over Hillary.
BUT, why ignore his actions and point the finger elsewhere.
If you like Trump, fine, just admit he makes mistakes and says /tweets dumb stuff.

Can't Trump supporters admit THAT? ???

Call tech support.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2841 on: December 31, 2019, 03:13:30 PM »

For the first time in US history, a decade will pass without the country falling into a recession

In every decade since the period immediately before the Civil War, the US economy could be relied on to do one thing: tumble into recession.

But the American economy is on pace to defy that trend for the first time in nearly 170 years as it enters the 2020s.

The 2010s would be first time a decade has come and gone without the nation falling into recession, which is commonly defined as two consecutive quarters of contracting gross domestic product.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-time-us-history-decade-151300551.html

In 2019, almost every investment worked

This year is shaping up to be one of the best ever for investors of all stripes, with nearly every single asset class on track to finish 2019 in the green.

From stocks to government debt to corporate bonds to commodities, no matter where you went, you reaped a profit this year. The S&P 500 is up more than 25% and counting. Treasurys, which tend to fall when risk assets rally, also gained in 2019. Oil, gold and corporate bonds all scored double-digit returns.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/02/in-2019-almost-every-investment-worked.html?__source=twitter%7Cmain

US stock market year end 2019: Stocks close out at highest gains since 2013

https://chicago.suntimes.com/business/2019/12/31/21045017/us-stock-market-year-end-close-out-2019

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #2842 on: December 31, 2019, 03:54:01 PM »

In 2019, almost every investment worked

This year is shaping up to be one of the best ever for investors of all stripes, with nearly every single asset class on track to finish 2019 in the green.

From stocks to government debt to corporate bonds to commodities, no matter where you went, you reaped a profit this year. The S&P 500 is up more than 25% and counting. Treasurys, which tend to fall when risk assets rally, also gained in 2019. Oil, gold and corporate bonds all scored double-digit returns.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/02/in-2019-almost-every-investment-worked.html?__source=twitter%7Cmain

US stock market year end 2019: Stocks close out at highest gains since 2013

https://chicago.suntimes.com/business/2019/12/31/21045017/us-stock-market-year-end-close-out-2019

It was in 2013 that the market rose to and sustained its prior high from 2007. 

This is real winning!

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #2843 on: December 31, 2019, 04:19:31 PM »

In 2020 President Trump finally gets to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg !

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2844 on: January 01, 2020, 03:02:21 PM »
No way.... she's already been deceased for a long while.. they are pretending she's still alive and well

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2845 on: January 01, 2020, 06:50:18 PM »

In 2020 President Trump finally gets to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg !

So do they take turns which one has to sit behind with their hand up her ass working her like a Muppet?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2846 on: January 02, 2020, 07:02:51 AM »
Market up almost another 200 today.   Yowza.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2848 on: January 02, 2020, 10:05:56 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/31/goldman-sachs-is-saying-the-economy-is-nearly-recession-proof.html?=&qsearchterm=goldman&__source=facebook%7Cmain&fbclid=IwAR27KZqZNOfOHA6l9V45sfb_CHsKX_Q8_ci3zjFnH49C0y6fcwHfN4Zt2Aw

;)

The U.S. economy is “structurally less recession-prone today,” Goldman Sachs economists said.

Goldman Sachs said a downturn is unlikely over the next several years.

In fact, the firm’s economists stopped just short of saying that the U.S. economy is recession-proof.

An analysis Goldman conducted of the current potential risks to growth show that they are mostly muted. The report found that the pillars of the “Great Moderation” that began in the 1980s — low levels of volatility marked by sustainable growth and muted inflation, interrupted only by the financial crisis more than a decade ago — are still standing.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2849 on: January 02, 2020, 10:11:01 AM »
The U.S. economy is “structurally less recession-prone today,” Goldman Sachs economists said.

Goldman Sachs said a downturn is unlikely over the next several years.

In fact, the firm’s economists stopped just short of saying that the U.S. economy is recession-proof.

An analysis Goldman conducted of the current potential risks to growth show that they are mostly muted. The report found that the pillars of the “Great Moderation” that began in the 1980s — low levels of volatility marked by sustainable growth and muted inflation, interrupted only by the financial crisis more than a decade ago — are still standing.

180, straw, howard, and prime are deeply saddened.