Author Topic: Trump = Winning  (Read 739272 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Trump = Winning
« Reply #2775 on: December 19, 2019, 11:33:23 AM »
Trump campaign raises $5 million on day of impeachment
By Emily JacobsDecember 19, 2019

President Trump’s reelection campaign raked in $5 million in donations Wednesday — the same day the House of Representatives voted to impeach him, his campaign manager said.

“Incredible fundraising numbers!” the manager, Brad Parscale, tweeted.

“[Trump] has raised over [$5 million] (still growing) today as Americans use their wallet to show support against Pelosi’s impeachment hoax!” he added.

The Republican National Committee (RNC) also brought in record fundraising numbers, raising $20.6 million in the month of November, according to Federal Election Commission data obtained by Fox News.

Party officials told the network that it has the most cash on hand that it’s had since 2012.

The House voted on Wednesday almost entirely along party lines to impeach President Trump following a day of heated debate.

The vote made him just the third president in US history to be impeached.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/19/trump-campaign-raises-5-million-on-day-of-impeachment/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

US stocks move higher as markets yawn at Trump’s impeachment

"That’s because traders see little chance of a Republican-controlled Senate voting to remove Trump from office. Even if the unlikely were to occur and Trump left office, investors don’t see Vice President Mike Pence raising taxes or tightening regulations."

http://www.bcdemocrat.com/2019/12/19/financial-markets-50/

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2776 on: December 19, 2019, 01:13:09 PM »
S&P 500 rises, tops 3,200 for the first time as investors ignore Trump’s impeachment

Stocks rose to all-time highs on Thursday as investors looked past the news of President Donald Trump’s impeachment by the House as well as mixed U.S. economic data.

The S&P 500 advanced 0.5% to 3,205.37, marking its first close above 3,200. The Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 137.68 points, or 0.5% to 28,376.96. The Nasdaq Composite gained 0.7% to end the day at 8,887.22.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/19/stock-market-wall-street-in-focus-after-trump-impeached-by-us-house.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2777 on: December 19, 2019, 01:53:01 PM »
S&P 500 rises, tops 3,200 for the first time as investors ignore Trump’s impeachment

Stocks rose to all-time highs on Thursday as investors looked past the news of President Donald Trump’s impeachment by the House as well as mixed U.S. economic data.

The S&P 500 advanced 0.5% to 3,205.37, marking its first close above 3,200. The Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 137.68 points, or 0.5% to 28,376.96. The Nasdaq Composite gained 0.7% to end the day at 8,887.22.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/19/stock-market-wall-street-in-focus-after-trump-impeached-by-us-house.html

Its hilarious how unhinged these libfags are. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2778 on: December 19, 2019, 02:00:34 PM »
Its hilarious how unhinged these libfags are. 

I know people that I considered normal, rational adults who have lost their minds.

I deleted the twitter app today to take a break.

Politics didn't affect me at all.

It's all self induced.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2779 on: December 19, 2019, 02:04:53 PM »
I know people that I considered normal, rational adults who have lost their minds.

I deleted the twitter app today to take a break.

Politics didn't affect me at all.

It's all self induced.

Have any of these idiots taken a look at their 401k, home values, bank statements etc?  Its severe mental illness

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2780 on: December 19, 2019, 03:31:10 PM »

Lib-tards constantly credited Bill Clinton for the "great economy" during his presidency.

Why don't they credit Trump for the same?

I don't know about other "Lib-tards", but I liked Bill Clinton and therefore had no problem crediting him when deserved. I don't like Trump, so I am not going to go out of my way to credit him with anything.....he does a fine job of blowing his own horn. He doesn't need my help.

Do you credit him with the favorable economy during his presidency?

If so, why?

Also, by referencing "other" lib-tards, do you count yourself among that demographic - as in those lib-tards "other" than yourself?

I know you only consider semantics relevant when convenient for your "case."

Still waiting for backpedalling...

Or, like coward, you could just pretend to "not see it."

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #2781 on: December 19, 2019, 03:44:18 PM »

"It's the economy, stupid."  :D

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #2782 on: December 19, 2019, 05:57:16 PM »
Have any of these idiots taken a look at their 401k, home values, bank statements etc?  Its severe mental illness

Any 401K, home equity, or savings increases that liberals have seen under President Donald Trump should immediately be confiscated and donated to illegal immigrants.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2783 on: December 20, 2019, 09:44:35 AM »
U.S. economic growth nudged up in the third quarter, the government confirmed on Friday.

There are signs the economy more or less maintained the moderate pace of expansion as the year ended, supported by a strong labor market.

Gross domestic product increased at a 2.1% rate, the Commerce Department said.

Consumer spending was stronger than previously reported.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/20/us-gdp-q3-2019-final-reading.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2784 on: December 20, 2019, 10:00:43 AM »
House passes USMCA deal, giving Trump big win on trade
NY Post ^ | December 19th, 2019 | NY Post
Posted on 12/20/2019, 12:51:50 PM by BeauBo

The House on Thursday backed a new trade agreement with Mexico and Canada in a 385-41 vote, giving President Trump a big bipartisan victory and sending the NAFTA replacement to the Senate for consideration early in 2020.

Democrats, who control the House, approved the United States-Mexico- Canada Agreement, or USMCA, more than a year after President Trump secured the deal with our neighbors to the south and north.

Voting against the measure were 38 Democrats, two Republicans and one independent...

(President) Trump made tearing up NAFTA a hallmark of his presidential run in 2016 as he tried to win over working-class voters in states such as Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

“Critics said it couldn’t be done, but he made it happen. Another promise made, another promise kept,” said House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.)...

The International Trade Commission projected in April that the agreement would boost the US economy by $68 billion and add 176,000 jobs six years after taking effect.

Some of the biggest impacts would be felt in the US automotive industry, where workers earn an average of at least $16 an hour, and the commission found that it would create 30,000 jobs in American auto-parts plants.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2785 on: December 20, 2019, 10:38:11 AM »
House passes USMCA deal, giving Trump big win on trade
NY Post ^ | December 19th, 2019 | NY Post
Posted on 12/20/2019, 12:51:50 PM by BeauBo

The House on Thursday backed a new trade agreement with Mexico and Canada in a 385-41 vote, giving President Trump a big bipartisan victory and sending the NAFTA replacement to the Senate for consideration early in 2020.

Democrats, who control the House, approved the United States-Mexico- Canada Agreement, or USMCA, more than a year after President Trump secured the deal with our neighbors to the south and north.

Voting against the measure were 38 Democrats, two Republicans and one independent...

(President) Trump made tearing up NAFTA a hallmark of his presidential run in 2016 as he tried to win over working-class voters in states such as Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

“Critics said it couldn’t be done, but he made it happen. Another promise made, another promise kept,” said House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.)...

The International Trade Commission projected in April that the agreement would boost the US economy by $68 billion and add 176,000 jobs six years after taking effect.

Some of the biggest impacts would be felt in the US automotive industry, where workers earn an average of at least $16 an hour, and the commission found that it would create 30,000 jobs in American auto-parts plants.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2786 on: December 20, 2019, 11:12:37 AM »

Or, like coward, you could just pretend to "not see it."

LOL, call me Stevie Wonder  :D

To be honest, my wife and I are doing well now and I like the bomming economy.
 Our vacation rentals are booked up more NOW, then past years.
 With the new tax laws in effect , our accountant wrote off a bunch of improvements so our taxes were lower.
 It's legal and people richer then us do it so wtf. ;)

My worry is we could be headed for another market  crash of 1929 event.
 Plus, with all the Trump rollbacks on enviornmental regs, I fear our land, air and water could be damaged?
 I see some other stuff going unchecked now that also concerns me.
But, I'll leave that to a future post.

For someone who is supposedly doing so well, you have a lot of worries and fears.

No wonder studies show the happiest people are old, white, and Republican.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2787 on: December 22, 2019, 06:17:50 AM »
epublic
Browse · Search      Bloggers & Personal
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Donald Trump Just Had One of the Best Weeks in Presidential History
DB Daily Update ^ | David Blackmon
Posted on 12/22/2019, 8:27:05 AM by EyesOfTX

This truly has been a week to remember, and not just because of impeachment. – In fact, it could be argued that the idiotic ending to the Democrats’ impeachment sham turns out to only modestly important in the context of the other major events that happened over the last seven days. The impeachment sham notwithstanding, President Trump just had what may well have been the greatest week of his entire presidency, and that is a truly great thing for America.

Let’s take a look at this truly momentous week:

Markets – This country has seldom seen a run in the stock markets like one seen over the past five trading days. The NASDAQ set a new record high on every one of those days, ending the week with a record closing streak of 8 consecutive trading days. The Dow and S&P 500 set new records on all but one day during the week. This is WINNING on such a grand scale that even the recession promoters in the corrupt mainstream news media have given up.

USMCA – San Fran Nan Pelosi was so embarrassed by her absurd articles of impeachment that, after sitting on the President’s signature trade deal for 8 months, she finally decided to bring it to a vote on the day after the impeachment vote took place. She and her pathetic, demented fellow Democrats desperately tried taking credit for this extremely favorable trade deal with our country’s two largest trading partners, but nobody was buying it. The Senate also approved the deal late in the week.

China Phase 1 trade deal – The President also reached a deal with America’s third-largest trading partner during the same week USMCA passed in congress. Again, this deal is extremely favorable to the United States and its farmers and consumers, and will, along with USMCA, set the U.S. economy up to have another year of roaring growth in 2020.

Durham closing in on Brennan – The week was filled with clear signals that the investigation led by U.S. Attorney John Durham and sanctioned by AG William Barr is real and closing in on the members of the Coup Cabal. The first signal came in a Thursday New York Times Deep State cover piece detailing the fact that Durham is now taking a very close look at ex-CIA Director/communist/radical Islam sympathizer John Brennan. Durham is seeking all of Brennan’s written, digital and phone records from his time at CIA, with a special focus on his 2016 communications with former FBI Director and current National Teenage Drama Queen Jim Comey. Oh, my.

Barr pillories Comey in Fox News interview – In an interview with Martha MacCallum on Fox News later Thursday evening, AG Barr sent another clear signal that stuff is getting real with his and Durham’s investigation, slamming Comey for his blatant prevarications about his role in fixing the 2016 election for the Pantsuit Princess and later effort to frame President Trump. If you haven’t watched Barr’s interview, you should. It will definitely make you feel better about things.

Rogers cooperating with Durham – Friday evening brought the delightful news that former NSA Director and national hero Admiral Mike Rogers has been cooperating with the Barr/Durham investigation for months now, according to a report in The Intercept. It was Adm. Rogers who, in mid-2016, discovered thousands of Obama-era violations of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), Section 702(17) surveillance process, and the hundreds of illegal unmaskings of U.S. citizens carried out by high Obama officials like Susan Rice and U.N. Ambassador Samantha Power. It was also Adm. Rogers who discovered that Obama had bugged Trump Tower during the post-election transition and immediately warned then-President-elect Trump, after which the Transition team moved to a Trump-owned golf resort in New Jersey. The cooperation of Rogers proves the seriousness of the Barr/Durham effort.

Brexit Vote in Parliament – It received precious little notice in the corrupt, globalist U.S. media, but Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s Brexit plan received overwhelming approval in the new, post-election British Parliament. The House of Commons passed the Withdrawal Agreement Bill in a 358 to 234 vote. This sets the stage for Britain to formally withdraw from the globalist European Union by January 31, which in turn sets the stage for President Trump and PM Johnson to execute a massive trade deal between the two giant trading partners.

Impeachment – The President even managed to turn the Democrats’ sham impeachment vote into a net positive for him, holding another massive rally in Battle Creek, MI that began while the absurd vote was being counted. New polls issued simultaneous to and immediately after the vote showed public sentiment moving “massively in the president’s favor” according even to CNN’s own polling analysts. San Fran Nan’s stupid tactic of refusing to communicate the articles of impeachment over to the Senate will only add to the public’s growing disgust with her and her depraved, demented and despicable caucus in the House.

Turning Point USA – President Trump capped off what was possibly the greatest single week of his presidency with a speech at the meeting of the group Turning Point USA. For those unfamiliar with it, Turning Point USA is a political action group organized by and for the Millennial generation. Conventional “wisdom” tells us that President Trump has a hard time connecting with the younger voting age public.

Take a look at he reception the President received from this group Saturday evening and judge for yourselves:

Benny ✔ @bennyjohnson WOW

What an entrance by @realdonaldtrump at @TPUSA’s #SAS2019

CHILLS 🇺🇸

Embedded video 4,203 4:35 PM - Dec 21, 2019 Twitter Ads info and privacy 1,808 people are talking about this Any questions?

That is all.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2788 on: December 22, 2019, 12:15:37 PM »
Trump is remaking the federal judiciary

WASHINGTON - After three years in office, President Donald Trump has remade the federal judiciary, ensuring a conservative tilt for decades and cementing his legacy no matter the outcome of November's election.

Trump nominees make up 1 in 4 U.S. circuit court judges. Two of his picks sit on the Supreme Court. And this past week, as the House voted to impeach the president, the Republican-led Senate confirmed another 13 district court judges.

In total, Trump has installed 187 judges to the federal bench.

Trump's mark on the judiciary is already having far-reaching effects on legislation and liberal priorities. Just last week, the 5th Circuit struck down a core provision of the Affordable Care Act. One of the two appellate judges who ruled against the landmark law was a Trump appointee.

The Supreme Court - where two of the nine justices are conservatives selected by Trump - could eventually hear that case.

The 13 circuit courts are the second most powerful in the nation, serving as a last stop for appeals on lower court rulings, unless the case is taken up by the Supreme Court. So far, Trump has appointed 50 judges to circuit court benches. Comparatively, by this point in President Barack Obama's first term, he had confirmed 25. At the end of his eight years, he had appointed 55 circuit judges.

Trump's appointments have flipped three circuit courts to majority GOP-appointed judges, including the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit in New York. The president has also selected younger conservatives for these lifetime appointments, ensuring his impact is felt for many years.

The executor of this aggressive push is Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., who is almost singularly focused on reshaping the federal judiciary, twice ramming through Senate rule changes to speed up confirmations over Democrats' objections.

"Leave no vacancy behind" is his mantra, McConnell has stated publicly. With a 53-to-47 Senate majority, he has been able to fill openings at breakneck speed.

That philosophy did not seem to apply in 2016, when McConnell refused to allow Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland, Obama's choice to replace the late Justice Antonin Scalia, a confirmation hearing, let alone a vote.

McConnell insisted on waiting until after the 2016 election, a gamble that paid off when Trump beat Democrat Hillary Clinton. Trump appointed conservative Justice Neil Gorsuch for that seat.

McConnell has repeatedly described blocking Garland as one of his greatest achievements.

Before leaving town for the holidays, Senate Republicans hailed McConnell's success.

"You didn't think @senatemajldr would leave town without confirming more judges, did you?" the Senate Republican Communications Center tweeted Friday, with a breakdown of the number of judges confirmed since 2017. ". . . Merry Christmas, America."

While Trump has wavered on some conservative policies during his tenure, he has reliably appointed judges in line with conservative ideology.

"I've always heard, actually, that when you become President, the most - single most important thing you can do is federal judges," Trump said at a White House event in November celebrating his "federal judicial confirmation milestones."

The three circuit courts that have flipped to Republican majorities this year have the potential to not only change policy but also benefit Trump professionally and politically.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Trump-is-remaking-the-federal-judiciary-14924789.php

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2789 on: December 23, 2019, 05:24:28 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/23/china-will-lower-import-tariffs-on-over-850-products-from-january-1.html

winning.   

F you liberal obamas and other losers who said it couldnt happen.  Sad sacks of garbage. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2790 on: December 23, 2019, 06:00:24 AM »

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #2791 on: December 23, 2019, 06:07:34 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/23/china-will-lower-import-tariffs-on-over-850-products-from-january-1.html

winning.   

F you liberal obamas and other losers who said it couldnt happen.  Sad sacks of garbage. 

This is a disturbance to the "Force" ... profit-taking will be delayed.  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2792 on: December 23, 2019, 07:03:50 AM »
Tax Reform Has Delivered for Workers: Two years later the data show that investment has increased, with wages and job participation rising.
Wall Street Journal ^ | December 22, 2019 | Gary D. Cohn and Kevin Hassett
Posted on 12/23/2019

It’s been two years since President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law. To the delight of supply-siders, the law contained significant marginal tax rate reductions for individuals and corporations. At the time there was lively debate concerning the likely economic impact of the bill, with opponents pointing to analyses that found little effect from the rate reductions. At the White House, where we worked at the time, we produced analyses that suggested economic growth would surge. On the second anniversary of the TCJA, the numbers are in, and our projections have been vindicated.

The view that the tax cuts would jump-start the economy was based on abundant economic literature examining how tax policy affects decision-making by businesses and individuals. On the corporate side, the tax cut reduced the cost of installing new plant and machinery by about 10%, suggesting that capital spending would jump by the same amount. This would increase the amount of capital per worker and drive up productivity and wages. President Trump emphasized the last point repeatedly, arguing that family incomes would increase by about $4,000 in three to five years, with blue-collar workers benefiting disproportionately.

This predicted increase in capital has materialized, and has translated into additional economic growth. In 2017 our calculations suggested gross domestic product growth would accelerate in response to higher capital spending, with the contribution of nonresidential fixed investment to real GDP growth rising to between 0.8% and 1% in 2018. The contribution of this type of investment to economic growth from the first quarter of 2018 to the fourth quarter of 2018 was right on target, at 0.8%. This wasn’t the existing trend. Capital spending was 4.5% higher in 2018 than pre-TCJA blue-chip forecasts, and this trend continued in 2019.

(Excerpt) Read more at wsj.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2793 on: December 23, 2019, 10:29:04 AM »
All things considered, this is absolutely incredible.

Donald Trump Approval Rating Surpasses Barack Obama at Same Point in Presidency
SIMON KENT  23 Dec 2019

President Donald Trump’s approval rating has soared past that of ex-President Barack Obama’s at the same point in his administration, defying negative sterotypes driven by opponents as he became only the third president in U.S. history to be impeached.

Trump’s job approval rating 151 weeks into his presidency sits at 45 percent, as revealed by a Gallup poll last Wednesday. That puts Trump three points higher than the 42 percent approval rating Gallup found for Obama at the same point of his presidency.

Gallup’s poll recorded a similar job disapproval rating for both presidents 151 weeks into their administrations. Some 51 percent of voters said they disapprove of Trump’s performance in a Gallup poll conducted Dec. 2-15, compared with 50 percent of voters saying they disapproved of Obama’s performance in a Dec. 12-18, 2011 Gallup poll.

Trump’s approval rating has climbed six percentage points since House Speaker Nancy Pelosi opened an impeachment inquiry against him in September.

House Democrats subsequently voted to impeach President Donald Trump last Wednesday after the House passed article one of H.R. 755, which charges Trump with abusing the office of the presidency.

Now the House has passed articles of impeachment, the Senate will convene a trial to determine if the president should be removed from office.

That trial is expected sometime in the New Year although Pelosi has yet to offer any confirmation of the exact timing.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/23/donald-trump-approval-rating-surpasses-barack-obama-at-same-point-in-presidency/

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #2794 on: December 23, 2019, 11:11:52 AM »
I'm old and white, so I'm 2/3 happy  :D
My main problem with Trump is his juvenile , impulsive character and
inability to take things is stride to make prudent judgements.

I already know you feel differently about him .

After watching the Democrat impeachment farce over past few weeks you call President Trump juvenile and impulsive?

I’ve never seen a more childish, petty, immature, spiteful and vindictive act by a group of “adults” than how the Democrats have acted during their impeachment sham.

Yet....the lowest IQ members of society continue to blindly support them. Right up until President Trump slaughters them in 2020.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2795 on: December 23, 2019, 11:57:15 AM »
After watching the Democrat impeachment farce over past few weeks you call President Trump juvenile and impulsive?

I’ve never seen a more childish, petty, immature, spiteful and vindictive act by a group of “adults” than how the Democrats have acted during their impeachment sham.

Yet....the lowest IQ members society continue to blindly support them. Right up until President Trump slaughters them in 2020.

The won't send the articles until they're ensured a "fair trial".

As if they didn't pull record amounts of heaping bullshit during theirs.
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2796 on: December 23, 2019, 12:23:42 PM »
I'm old and white, so I'm 2/3 happy  :D
My main problem with Trump is his juvenile , impulsive character and
inability to take things is stride to make prudent judgements.

I already know you feel differently about him .

Sounds like all Democraps.  I wonder why they don't get along with Trump then.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #2797 on: December 23, 2019, 12:51:45 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2798 on: December 24, 2019, 09:28:00 AM »
Trump heads into 2020 with 'historic' judicial appointments
By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Carrie Severino breaks down the president's 'incredible accomplishment' that's rattling the left.

President Trump is closing the year by increasing his already transformative impact on the federal judiciary, with 13 of his district court nominees receiving confirmation this month.

That brings Trump’s total to 102 federal judges confirmed in 2019. Over the course of his administration, that total jumps to 187, including 50 to circuit courts of appeal and two Supreme Court justices.

ON CUSP OF IMPEACHMENT, TRUMP ENDS YEAR WITH SPREE OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS

"In terms of quality and quantity, we are going to be just about No. 1 by the time we finish -- No. 1 of any president, any administration," Trump said in early November, noting that George Washington may have technically appointed more judges. At the time, he was celebrating his 150th federal judge.

The 9th Circuit in particular, which Trump has railed against as a “big thorn in our side” in the past due to its liberal bent, has seen a dramatic change in its makeup over the past three years, with 10 of its 29 active seats now being held by Trump appointees, and nearly half being held by appointees of Republican administrations.

Much of this is thanks to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., who has helped push nominees through the Senate, even while combatting House Democrats as they impeach the president.

“My motto for the remainder of this Congress is ‘leave no vacancy behind,’” McConnell told Hugh Hewitt in a Wednesday radio interview.

TRUMP NEARS NEW MILESTONE WITH JUDICIAL APPOINTMENTS

The relentless pace means that more than a quarter of all federal appeals court judges were nominated by Trump and confirmed by the Republican-controlled Senate. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said Democrats are “doing everything we can” to slow down the judicial train, “but they changed the rules,″ referring to McConnell reducing the amount of debate time for a nominee from 30 hours to just two.

“While all eyes were understandably on impeachment, Mitch McConnell’s conveyor belt churned out a shocking number of judges this week in what remains the most underrated story of the Trump era,″ said Christopher Kang, chief counsel at liberal advocacy group Demand Justice.

Schumer blasted Trump's picks, telling The Associated Press that they are “are just so bad for the average American in so many ways,” due to their “hard right” stance. McConnell, however, said that judges who follow a strict interpretation of the law instead of taking an activist approach are good for everyone.

“It is not one party or the other that benefits when our federal courts consist of men and women who understand that a judge’s job is to follow the law, not to make the law,″ he said on the Senate floor last week. “The entire country benefits from that. Our constitutional system benefits from that.

Carrie Severino, policy director for the conservative Judicial Crisis Network, described Trump’s selections as “the kind of judge America wants,” claiming that the ability to select judges for lifetime positions is a significant part of why Trump was elected in 2016.

As Trump faces impeachment and a reelection bid in 2020, the impact of his judicial selections will be felt long after his presidency ends, regardless of whether he serves one term or two.

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, wrote in a Fox News opinion piece last month that Trump’s achievement in this area was “historic,” referencing Texans confirmed to the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, as well as Supreme Court Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh.

“Few legacies will be longer lasting than this judicial one,” he said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-heads-into-2020-with-historic-judicial-appointments

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2799 on: December 24, 2019, 09:33:04 AM »

Hey AOC you dirty C - even though want to hit - im doing amazing in this economy.