Author Topic: 2014 New York Pro - Big Ramy, OMG!!  (Read 37040 times)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: 2014 New York Pro - Big Ramy, OMG!!
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2014, 03:19:21 PM »
imagine if ramy was american or european??.. a lot of opinions would have been totally different!!..

the guy is still very young and has turned pro. only last year!!.. he may be like levrone or wheeler who presented their very best very early in their careers and he may be like ronnie who presented his very best about 6 years of competing as a pro.!!.. it's still very early to evaluate him but i see he has what it takes to be the next big thing (haney, dorian, ronnie) more than any other current pro. including phil and kai who have already reached their very best.. not saying he is better than them now but he is bigger and has better proportions.. he is only behind them in condition which is something that can be improved.. mr. olympia phil will never be wider but ramy may be able to present a better condition..

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2014, 03:21:28 PM »
imagine if ramy was american or european??.. a lot of opinions would have been totally different!!..

the guy is still very young and has turned pro. only last year!!.. he may be like levrone or wheeler who presented their very best very early in their careers and he may be like ronnie who presented his very best about 6 years of competing as a pro.!!.. it's still very early to evaluate him but i see he has what it takes to be the next big thing (haney, dorian, ronnie) more than any other current pro. including phil and kai who have already reached their very best.. not saying he is better than them now but he is bigger and has better proportions.. he is only behind them in condition which is something that can be improved.. mr. olympia phil will never be wider but ramy may be able to present a better condition..

You may be right, but in my case, nope.  I don't care for his look.  Other's do and that's fine.  Given his drug use, I doubt he's as Muslim as is claimed.   Same with any Christian that takes that stuff.  Liars.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2014, 03:24:36 PM »
For a mathematician you using exact percentages that may be way off is alarming. And Phil has been praised on his calves.
Ramy is a freak needed for the freak factor. He will not take the title just like Dillett didn't take the title. Nor Fux, nor Ruhl, nor Wolf.
Have you been drinking again?

Wolf has weak back, Ruhl had weak back and triceps, what is Ramys weakness again? Calves? Coleman had shitty calves as well, so what. Apart from that, everything is on point.

Of course I was exaggerating with numbers. I am just saying that in current lineup, everyone is smooth. You don't get "hard" look with kind of training they do. Coleman was from another planet, Ramy may be close to him in sheer size but there are certain bodyparts that will never match Coleman's. He had EVERY single muscle developed because he used compound movements like rows, deadlifts, bench press etc.  On top of that he had dense, striated look because major part of his muscles came from myofibrillar, not sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2014, 03:26:33 PM »
doesn't look great when in photo's by himself, and doesn't look as 'complete' or 'polished' when next to other bbers.

tons of size though.. just hope dennis dials him in.. and hope he doesn't suffer the same dieting fate dennis did, because right now, he still looks how dennis did when he competed. never got that hard, deep separation.

also hope he doesn't hear all the criticism (well, he and dennis hear) and try to over diet into the Mr O and come in flat and over 'carb-up' (something dennis used to do).

he's young and still growing and will only get harder as years go on.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2014, 03:33:56 PM »
I agree with what others said, he'll never be as good as Ronnie.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2014, 04:04:56 PM »

No, they would be the same. It's the same old "freak" story. And mind you, most of the freaks were not American---Dillett, Fux, Ruhl, Wolf...all are not American.

Wolf has weak back, Ruhl had weak back and triceps, what is Ramys weakness again? Calves? Coleman had shitty calves as well, so what. Apart from that, everything is on point.

Of course I was exaggerating with numbers. I am just saying that in current lineup, everyone is smooth. You don't get "hard" look with kind of training they do. Coleman was from another planet, Ramy may be close to him in sheer size but there are certain bodyparts that will never match Coleman's. He had EVERY single muscle developed because he used compound movements like rows, deadlifts, bench press etc.  On top of that he had dense, striated look because major part of his muscles came from myofibrillar, not sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.
If you can't tell what Ramy's weakness's are that's a shame. He has no real flow, like a hodgepodge of bodyparts. Legs from Mustafa, delts from 99-2000 Flex Wheeler, back from a mid grade Victor Martinez, etc. he is a more aesthetically pleasing Paco. Plus, his quads overpower his upper body and calves, and his quad detail is lacking. He has good back detail.

As I said, he fits the mold for the freak factor. But when you break him down and look at everything together, He's not winning the whole show unless someone hires someone to steal Phil's show collection and Kai's paintings and gives Wolf a new Aston Martin for not showing up.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2014, 04:16:34 PM »
I don't see many problems with his "flow". His bodyparts flow quite well. He just a needs to be tiny bit tighter on the ass, back side in general, some inflammatory agents shot in arms on comp day.

The big problem he has is his placing at last years Olympia. It sort of cemented his ranking compared to some of the other top guys. They let Jay beat him etc.

Dude is very very good. He will not be making any drastic changes to what he is presenting right now though. He is close to being maxed, doesn't matter how new a pro he is, how young he is or whatever. He will not be doing a "Ronnie Coleman" where there's a sudden crazy improvement.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2014, 04:21:11 PM »
Wrong, he has just started in the pro scene.

And the status people holding him up to is unworthy and that's what makes him overrated.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2014, 04:23:17 PM »
I don't see many problems with his "flow". His bodyparts flow quite well. He just a needs to be tiny bit tighter on the ass, back side in general, some inflammatory agents shot in arms on comp day.

The big problem he has is his placing at last years Olympia. It sort of cemented his ranking compared to some of the other top guys. They let Jay beat him etc.

Dude is very very good.

yeah people are just never satisfied and in unison about what is the best. bb is subjective. that's why some like philippe despite all his shortcomings.

and keep in mind, new competitors always get shit and it takes years for acceptance

even if a new ronnie appeared before everyones eyes, they would not accept it or realize it

he is huge, wide and has no gut. finally no gut on a massmonster and people say, no his legs are too big  ::) I think it will all turn around in a couple of years

beyeke got shit too about his back and conditioning but now people start to see he is a great bb

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2014, 04:25:39 PM »

Ramy would still be overrated no matter what continent he came from. Stop using that as an excuse. And if he were American or European we all know you wouldn't be touting him so highly.

Keep the excuse train rolling for all your heros.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2014, 04:34:28 PM »
Ramy would still be overrated no matter what continent he came from. Stop using that as an excuse. And if he were American or European we all know you wouldn't be touting him so highly.

ramy has won his shows fair and square no? who is overrating him except his fan base? do tell.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2014, 04:40:32 PM »
ramy has won his shows fair and square no? who is overrating him except his fan base? do tell.

His fan base is , guys had him as high as second in his first Olympia  ::) give me a break he may be a legit threat but that's years away

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2014, 04:43:13 PM »
His fan base is , guys had him as high as second in his first Olympia  ::) give me a break he may be a legit threat but that's years away

sounds like you've been browsing his fan threads on bb.com  ;D

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2014, 04:52:35 PM »

Over rated finishing 8th when Jay, looking shit, came 6th?

He is top 5 easy, with improved conditioning top 5 with Rhoden, Wolf, Kai and Phil.

Big if though.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2014, 04:57:01 PM »
sounds like you've been browsing his fan threads on bb.com  ;D

No , we have enough fan boys here.  ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2014, 05:01:16 PM »
And the status people holding him up to is unworthy and that's what makes him overrated.

Bluff language of peace...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2014, 05:02:18 PM »

He is top 5 easy, with improved conditioning top 5 with Rhoden, Wolf, Kai and Phil.

Big if though.

Overrated as in people had him placing as high as second without even seeing his condition. Overrated as in the guy hasn't proven much ( yet ) Overrated in making excuses for his failings.

He's the textbook definition of overrated. A ton of potential but that means nothing.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2014, 10:26:21 PM »
No, they would be the same. It's the same old "freak" story. And mind you, most of the freaks were not American---Dillett, Fux, Ruhl, Wolf...all are not American.

and dorian himself was not american!!.. i said "american or european" = in other words,.. speaks english,.. not muslim .. etc..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2014, 10:33:52 PM »

he is not my hero and believe it or not i am not a big fan of his physique.. i am just seeing a lot of ppl underrating him with no good reason..

and by the way i dont see he will suffer in his placings because he is arab,.. no i think they will give him the good places he deserves.. even when they made jay beat him at the last year olympia it was not just him who deserved to beat jay but at least 2-3 other guys... i am just noticing that most ppl who see him "overrated" here are known arabs haters so no wonder!!..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2014, 10:36:48 PM »

Big if though.

but ND sees that jay was better than ramy at the olypia... because the judges according to him never make mistakes and are very good ppl  ::)

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2014, 11:33:28 PM »
Have to agree with Parker... Ramy to me looks like a new improved version of Markus Ruhl, very similar structure and height (both around 177cm), but with better muscle bellies here and there... He's the freak of today, but in my opinion he doesn't compare to the ultimate one, The Freakenstein, or mr Coleman, those two were something different... I keep hearing that he's young and can only improve, how about no, his physique is clearly maxed on early abuse of pharma stuff... This is his size, and it will remain the same for years to come, even if he keeps implementing insane SEO protocols, and he should be smart not to overlook the inevitable distended midsection... He should keep refining his conditioning, that's the only thing that can improve, even the so called "muscle maturity" is not a given... Top 6 or top 5 at the Olympia, absolutely, conditioning seems decent for today's standard, he should do good this year and in the future...

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2014, 12:54:35 AM »
Have to agree with Parker... Ramy to me looks like a new improved version of Markus Ruhl, very similar structure and height (both around 177cm), but with better muscle bellies here and there... He's the freak of today, but in my opinion he doesn't compare to the ultimate one, The Freakenstein, or mr Coleman, those two were something different... I keep hearing that he's young and can only improve, how about no, his physique is clearly maxed on early abuse of pharma stuff... This is his size, and it will remain the same for years to come, even if he keeps implementing insane SEO protocols, and he should be smart not to overlook the inevitable distended midsection... He should keep refining his conditioning, that's the only thing that can improve, even the so called "muscle maturity" is not a given... Top 6 or top 5 at the Olympia, absolutely, conditioning seems decent for today's standard, he should do good this year and in the future...

I have to disagree, looks quite different from Markus. I think Ramy is very aestethic for his size unlike Ruhl.

I see some Dorian in Ramy from the back. And some Nasser from the front.
A little Jay too actually, but better version and much better waist.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2014, 12:55:12 AM »
but ND sees that jay was better than ramy at the olypia... because the judges according to him never make mistakes and are very good ppl  ::)

Ha ha ha

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2014, 01:35:09 AM »

They're only good people when the guy you like wins  ::) then somehow they seem to have their act together  ::) When he fails to live up to the hype again you use your same lame excuses , new hero same excuses.

Maybe the judges made a ' mistake ' when Ramy won? Oh we're not entertaining that? the judges are spot-on when you want them to be.  ::)

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2014, 01:45:00 AM »
2 pro show wins and 6th at the mr olympia. Not many can say they had a first pro year like that