Author Topic: Ringworm at the gym..  (Read 6669 times)

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
Ringworm at the gym..
« on: April 19, 2011, 01:53:23 PM »
I have it on my foot and on my neck. My training partner got it on his leg..It's pretty easy to spot, and diagnose. You can usually tell by the rings that appear on the skin. public gyms can be a hotbed for contracting things like ring worm, athletes foot, Mersa, Yeast ?

I have been using some lamasil (Clotrimazole 1%) for it. However, it's been 3 weeks and it hasn't gone away yet..

I heard that Bleach kills it instantly?  Can anyone confirm this?  

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Ringworm at the gym..
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 01:57:31 PM »
I have it on my foot and on my neck. My training partner got it on his leg..It's pretty easy to spot, and diagnose. You can usually tell by the rings that appear on the skin. public gyms can be a hotbed for contracting things like ring worm, athletes foot, Mersa.

I have been using some lamasil for it. However, it's been 3 weeks and it hasn't gone away yet..

Wipe the gym equipment before every use.

Go see a dermatologist and get a prescription for your fungal infection.    :-X

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 01:58:45 PM »
R

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 01:59:18 PM »
dip the base of your foot in a small tray of bleach for 1 minute.

If you feel it burning then remove your foot.

Wash your foot thoroughly.

Cured

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 02:02:46 PM »
Haven't heard the bleach thing, but you could ask the Pharmacist about it and also what OTC cream is best.
R

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 02:03:09 PM »

Cured

That's what i heard...Does it discolor the skin in anyway?  

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 02:05:29 PM »

Cured

what about his neck?

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 02:09:10 PM »
what the fuck  :-X

you guys talk about it like it's normal..."oh yeah, it's a ring worm, no biggie, like a flu". Maby I should have a second thought about moving to a hot climate!

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 02:11:03 PM »

you guys talk about it like it's normal..."oh yeah, it's a ring worm, no biggie, like a flu". Maby I should have a second thought about moving to a hot climate!

What have you eaten today Devil?

I like to know what lean people eat.

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 02:11:11 PM »
Haven't heard the bleach thing, but you could ask the Pharmacist about it and also what OTC cream is best.

I read a few online anecdotes that it works well. However, i need to confirm it with GB's first. I already got the two best anti-fungal agents that can be acquired OTC. Which cost me more than a trip to the doctor. Prescription based preparations are almost identical to OTC. However, they have double the active ingredient. I just end up covering the ringworm with extra cream to compensate for the lower strength.. But the process is to slow for..It's incredibly itchy on my neck. That's why i'm curious about trying bleach.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 02:13:26 PM »

It's not a ring worm.   ;D
R

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 02:14:33 PM »
what the fuck  :-X

haha, it's ringworm...Not ebola..I repeat ringworm not ebola..

CT is not a warm climate..

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 02:16:42 PM »
What have you eaten today Devil?

I like to know what lean people eat.

I eat your mom  :P, and cooca-ies  :D

as for the other posts.... never mind, folks, carry on :D !

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 02:17:06 PM »
That's what i heard...Does it discolor the skin in anyway?  
Yes,

You'll have blotchy white patches that fade after a few years.

The prescription stuff has the same effect.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 02:17:21 PM »
I read a few online anecdotes that it works well. However, i need to confirm it with GB's first. I already got the two best anti-fungal agents that can be acquired OTC. Which cost me more than a trip to the doctor. Prescription based preparations are almost identical to OTC. However, they have double the active ingredient. I just end up covering the ringworm with extra cream to compensate for the lower strength.. But the process is to slow for..It's incredibly itchy on my neck. That's why i'm curious about trying bleach.

Is it going away at all?  I would ask a PHarmacist. ...just to confirm your dianoses from the experts here of course.  :)
R

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 02:17:37 PM »
At least a couple of kids on our wrestling team get it every years and we keep our mats clean and wiped down after every practice. It isn't that big a deal but you also have to be careful it isn't a staph infection as well. If its just ring worm, the lamosil usually gets rid of it in a week but if its longer, see a doc ASAP!!

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 02:21:54 PM »
@ boost..

I'll try it on my foot and access the situation.  if it works well without dis-colorization i'll try my neck.

@ Butterbean. It's going away( getting lighter in color very slowly) however, the last time i had ringworm it took about 8 weeks to go away, and i was using prescription strength topical preparations.
@ Marino,
I got lamisil, both the one made for ringworm and the regular one made for Athletes foot. I't isn't a staph infection..It's ringworm. That's good to know that you take the extra precautions for your gym.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 02:26:36 PM »
I have it on my foot and on my neck. My training partner got it on his leg..It's pretty easy to spot, and diagnose. You can usually tell by the rings that appear on the skin. public gyms can be a hotbed for contracting things like ring worm, athletes foot, Mersa, Yeast ?

I have been using some lamasil (Clotrimazole 1%) for it. However, it's been 3 weeks and it hasn't gone away yet..

you deserve it
A

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 02:28:42 PM »
you deserve it

You need to eat more beans and play less x-box. you've been very negative lately, Johnny Crow.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 02:38:39 PM »

Sodium Hypochlorite (chlorine bleach) was a treatment for Trench Foot (fungal infection) during World War One...When I was a kid in deep suburban/semirural Houston... me and my brother would go wading in drainage culverts in the neighborhood after rainstorms...We were perpetually infected...Pediatrician had mom soak our feet in a dishpan of water with a cup of Clorox in it...straight bleach might be too strong.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 02:47:54 PM »

well it was common in finland and sweden in the wrestling community when i was younger(greco roman not the americans fantasy thing). it was more or like a epidemic and we had to see a doctor in the weight ins at every competetion.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 03:02:36 PM »
why do people go to the gym of all places to work out? what is it that attracts people there like flies

are you willing to lower your lifespan with all the mega worms and mutaded bacteria constantly mounting attacks on your immune system? 

Why not simply working out somewhere else?  money in your pocket, no rings worms. Viola! problem solved, and then some...

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 03:04:14 PM »
why do people go to the gym of all places to work out? what is it that attracts people there like flies

are you willing to lower your lifespan with all the mega worms and mutaded bacteria constantly mounting attacks on your immune system? 

Why not simply working out somewhere else?  money in your pocket, no rings worms. Viola! problem solved, and then some...

Viola!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 03:06:30 PM »
you deserve it
Can meat eating cause this kind of condition?

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 03:07:59 PM »
Can meat eating cause this kind of condition?

I think Jadeveon Clowney caused it