Author Topic: Obama Vows To Disarm America  (Read 39213 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: Obama Vows To Disarm America
« Reply #175 on: June 06, 2008, 08:57:01 PM »

This is not even a rational argument. It is nothing but you writing some ideological bullshit with NO relevancy to Adonix argument at all.  >:(

Above rational is the second amendment to the constitution.. It's one of the originals and has always been important, not as much as the first, but important.

It serves as protection against the greatest evil in a desperate plea.. Incase the government goes overboard and one needs the ability to strike back.

The Coach is a moron and I doubt he understand true conservative ideals, but being a libertarian and having similar ideals to a conservative, I guess my explanation is better.

Moosejay

« Reply #176 on: June 06, 2008, 08:57:47 PM »
FAIL. America is not love it or leave it. It is Love it or Fix it.

Its actually, "Offer solutions to go along with your incessant whining..."

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #177 on: June 06, 2008, 09:06:03 PM »
McCain will deliver more of the same for Republicans, the faces change the policies dont, Vote for Obama, America needs change.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #178 on: June 06, 2008, 09:08:01 PM »
  Good. There are way too many guns in American Society. I am French and I don't understand the American obsession with owning guns. I mean, it's not like you can use your guns without frying in the electric chair anyway, so why have them? If guns were less available, the tragedy of Columbine would not have happened. What should have been a fist fight between two outcasts and the popular boys turned into a massacre with 14 deads because guns are so easy to buy.

If someone breaks into my home in the middle of the night and is standing over my son or family, you can bet your ass I'll be shooting first and asking questions later >:(

Does this clear things up a little??

I concur Coach, and hope this does not happen to you.

Facts are facts, most studies put the USA in the top 30 or so of highest per capita murder rates worldwide - meaning in almost 200 nations you are less likely to be offed by some nutbag. Here I know no one will shoot me [we have no guns] so obviously could care less about not having one to defend myself. When I lived in the US, my husband did get a gun for defence as he felt it was warranted. When I am in Jamaica [sky high rates] I travel with an armed person. I adapt.

Its a matter of understanding the other position. People living somewhere where getting shot is so unlikely don't understand the seeming American "gun fetish". Then on the flip, some Americans don't get why we don't have a "gun fetish" not understanding the self defence thing is not such an issue. Not to be morbid, but statistically Coach is 4 - 8 times more likely to be shot than most European residents, so hence varying views on wanting self defence means.

Bodvar

• Getbig II
« Reply #179 on: June 06, 2008, 09:37:28 PM »
McCain will deliver more of the same for Republicans, the faces change the policies dont, Vote for Obama, America needs change.

What kind of change is he bringing? I hear "change we can believe in" 900 times a day, but I have no idea what kind of change he's talking about.

The Obama campaign is nothing more than a bunch of meaningless slogans wrapped around an empty suit.

P.S. McCain sucks too. We're all screwed.

Bodvar

• Getbig II
« Reply #180 on: June 06, 2008, 09:39:12 PM »
Most ignorant post yet.

THIS is WHY people in the United States are really ignorant.  Your post has provided just the answer The Luke was after as to WHY the Majority of Americans are currently so worthelss.  History, Reason, Science and Evidence based arguments elude them.  Americans are sunk to the murky depths of ignorance by mere bagatelles.  I wonder if they even have a future when they certainly cannot and DO NOT comprehend the past.

Don't you believe in Global Warming?

Moosejay

« Reply #181 on: June 06, 2008, 09:39:19 PM »
What kind of change is he bringing? I hear "change we can believe in" 900 times a day, but I have no idea what kind of change he's talking about.

The Obama campaign is nothing more than a bunch of meaningless slogans wrapped around an empty suit.

P.S. McCain sucks too. We're all screwed.

No, we are not

However

If you really think this

I guess there is no reason for you to ever get out of bed again.

Bodvar

• Getbig II
« Reply #182 on: June 06, 2008, 09:45:56 PM »
No, we are not

However

If you really think this

I guess there is no reason for you to ever get out of bed again.

My motivation for living is not dependent on which asshole is running the country I'm living in.

I don't mean we're screwed forever, but America's immediate future is not looking too hot. An Obama Presidency is going be Carter part II, if not worse.

McCain is a liberal himself, so along with a Democrat legislature he'll be more than happy to enact a flood of nanny state bullshit.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2008, 09:57:54 PM »
If someone breaks into my home in the middle of the night and is standing over my son or family, you can bet your ass I'll be shooting first and asking questions later >:(

I'm with you on this.  People in other countries don't have an answer for what they would do to defend themselves and the families.  They just *hope* it'll never happen to them.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #184 on: June 06, 2008, 10:02:29 PM »
i voted for obama in the primary and will again in the general

The Coach

« Reply #185 on: June 06, 2008, 10:05:34 PM »
Most accurate post in getbig history. Right on the money.

Serious question, then why are you here taking and reaping what this country has givin you?

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2008, 10:15:21 PM »

Armed robbers assault in gangs of 3 or 4, meaning that owning a gun wouldn't make any difference at all. Trying to react will only get you killed. You have this vision of the heroic citizen fighting evil wrong doers with his guns, but that's an American fantasy. The reality is that armed robbers are better armed and will have numerical superiority over you, and they have the surprise factor as well. What will happen is that they will enter your home in the middle of the night and you will wake up with 4 men pointing automatic weapons at you. You won't even have time to get your gun, and even if you did, you will end up like Swiss cheese.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2008, 10:22:20 PM »
I'm with you on this.  People in other countries don't have an answer for what they would do to defend themselves and the families.  They just *hope* it'll never happen to them.

Our murder rates are like well under 10 times lower than yours, I only have 10% the chance you do of being offed. Plus, anyone that really feels the need to wack me, needs to break a sweat and use like a knife or something. And like a steak knife too, as any form of 'weapon' is banned. They will burn some calories stabbing me up.

Again, its more pertinent for Americans due to the per capita murder rates. 4, 6, 8, 10 times more likely there than 150+ nations.

So yeah, there and any high crime places I get the gun thing. There is far greater need to defend.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2008, 10:34:11 PM »
Our murder rates are like well under 10 times lower than yours, I only have 10% the chance you do of being offed. Plus, anyone that really feels the need to wack me, needs to break a sweat and use like a knife or something. And like a steak knife too, as any form of 'weapon' is banned. They will burn some calories stabbing me up.

Again, its more pertinent for Americans due to the per capita murder rates. 4, 6, 8, 10 times more likely there than 150+ nations.

So yeah, there and any high crime places I get the gun thing. There is far greater need to defend.

toothpaste is already out of the tube here.  you can't get all those guns back without a 50 year period of lawlessness and martial law.  Do you know how many grizzled old men would sooner have a gun battle on their porch, than give up the 1911 .45 that saved their ass in Nam?

CQ, when the USA was formed, it was built in the mindset that we would be getting our hands durty in the world.  5 minutes after constitution is signed, we already had our 'manifest destiny', or plan to steal all land all the way to california.  Then, we started in 1805 in Africa.

our founders knew that we'd be a bully, and a hated one at that.  so they gave us the right to keep guns, to ensure that nobody will ever enter our nation.  England tried it in 1776... and the minuteman - instant army - sent them packing.  Happened again in 1812.

We're gangesters.  we were founded by gangsters who rebeled against England, and the minute we were free, we started colonialism of our own.  It's just how things are.  Guns are written into it to ensure that our govt stays honest with us, and that should any chinese or iraqi or russian army come into our streets, they're going to get peppered with so much small arms fire, they won't want to stick around.

Bodvar

• Getbig II
« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2008, 10:55:47 PM »

we started colonialism of our own.

Name one American colony

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2008, 11:02:25 PM »

toothpaste is already out of the tube here.  you can't get all those guns back without a 50 year period of lawlessness and martial law.  Do you know how many grizzled old men would sooner have a gun battle on their porch, than give up the 1911 .45 that saved their ass in Nam?

CQ, when the USA was formed, it was built in the mindset that we would be getting our hands durty in the world.  5 minutes after constitution is signed, we already had our 'manifest destiny', or plan to steal all land all the way to california.  Then, we started in 1805 in Africa.

our founders knew that we'd be a bully, and a hated one at that.  so they gave us the right to keep guns, to ensure that nobody will ever enter our nation.  England tried it in 1776... and the minuteman - instant army - sent them packing.  Happened again in 1812.

We're gangesters.  we were founded by gangsters who rebeled against England, and the minute we were free, we started colonialism of our own.  It's just how things are.  Guns are written into it to ensure that our govt stays honest with us, and that should any chinese or iraqi or russian army come into our streets, they're going to get peppered with so much small arms fire, they won't want to stick around.

Agree. Trying to ban guns now is ghey. Only law abiding types, who are no harm anyway, will be all fruity and turn them in. The serial killer is hardly likely to tuirn in his weapons ::)

All history is good, we have a great one also, founded by Native Americans and Blacks who fled via boat from slavery hundreds of years ago.

My only point is people act like we are off as we don't have them, and make comments like we are wrong. 2 sides to every coin. Crime is way less. Chances of anyone trying to kill me, on my soil, is so remote its ridiculous. 10% of yours, and to be blunt the rare murder we have is some scum killed another loser in like a fight and much of the population is like 'good riddance'. We really don't have wackos going round killing people.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2008, 11:31:40 PM »

Ohhhh...that Luke character lives in another country.

Thought he was American.

THAT explains his hatred.

Is he a middle easterner?
              He's English
I

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #192 on: June 07, 2008, 04:08:36 AM »
              He's English

...Irish, but close.

This thread has taken a really interesting twist... good points from some deep thinkers... this is the kind of discussion that might give GetBig a good name.

With regard to the gun issue... that's easy. Just ban the manufacture of ammunition.

Bullets go stale... twenty years later a mugger will have to bludgeon people with his Tech 9... I don't see any crackheads taking college chemistry courses:

Needing a gun in case someone breaks into your house is plain stupid... just another conservatives wet dream delusion. Statistical studies have shown conclusively that handguns kept in residences for protection are far more likely to kill/maim one of the residents than an intruder.

The Luke

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #193 on: June 07, 2008, 04:16:07 AM »

lol! spoken like the average leftist dumbfuck.

and now, explain 'change' ? What is this change you talk about like a meaningless mantra exactly ?

having  a black young president instead of an old white WASP in office?   it's called white guilt and self hartred toward your own community , hope this helps.

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #194 on: June 07, 2008, 04:27:55 AM »
  Armed robbers assault in gangs of 3 or 4, meaning that owning a gun wouldn't make any difference at all. Trying to react will only get you killed. You have this vision of the heroic citizen fighting evil wrong doers with his guns, but that's an American fantasy. The reality is that armed robbers are better armed and will have numerical superiority over you, and they have the surprise factor as well. What will happen is that they will enter your home in the middle of the night and you will wake up with 4 men pointing automatic weapons at you. You won't even have time to get your gun, and even if you did, you will end up like Swiss cheese.
You are exactly right.  The scenarios that individuals say they would need a gun for would never have the chance to use.  It just doesn't make sense.

Bodvar

• Getbig II
« Reply #195 on: June 07, 2008, 05:31:41 AM »

With regard to the gun issue... that's easy. Just ban the manufacture of ammunition.

Just because you ban something doesn't mean it goes away.

If you ban bullets all you do is create a black market for them. Then you end up with armed criminals with bullets and disarmed citizens without bullets.

Bullets go stale... twenty years later a mugger will have to bludgeon people with his Tech 9... I don't see any crackheads taking college chemistry courses:

I remember watching a program about Afghanistan. They were manufacturing full functioning pistols with clay molds and old fashioned blast furnaces. Bullets are even easier to manufacture.

Not all criminals are "crackheads", the people running the drug trade are very sophisticated and intelligent. If people can learn to produce methamphetamine, then they can learn to mix gunpowder.

Your solution is hopelessly naive.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: June 07, 2008, 05:32:21 AM »
Name one American colony

Iraq.  We have 41 permanent bases, a handpicked candidate running the place, US oil firms are now drilling in 80% of their fields, and we're finalizing plans for the longterm agreement that will have us there, as mccain agrees, 100 years.

They get to keep their flag and the facade of democracy. We get all the oil and airspace.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: June 07, 2008, 05:36:50 AM »

Actually, tens of thousands of Americans DO make their own bullets at home with gun presses.  You ban ammo, and suddenly you have 50k "ammo bootlegger" businesses show up.

Needing a gun in case someone breaks into your house is plain stupid... just another conservatives wet dream delusion. Statistical studies have shown conclusively that handguns kept in residences for protection are far more likely to kill/maim one of the residents than an intruder.

Luke, I respect your knowledge, but you're wrong on this one.  You can have all the nationwide and worldwide studies you want.  in SW Florida, home invasion robberies, or driveway robberies (team of men follow women home from grocery store and rob them as they unload groceries, are WAY UP.

The recession is just about here, and there are a LOT of hungry people about to get evicted.  They rob people when they do this. 

yes, handguns in the home are more likely to be used in accidents than self-defense.  But that's just personal responsibility issue.  I've kept a gun by my side at home for 14 years now.  And yes, on a few occasions, when I lived in poor areas, cocking the mossberg before politely asking some random crackhead to leave my porch, HAS happened.

Are you saying I should not have the right to defend my home and family, because some other assshole might cap his wife when they're at home doing lines and debating their own fcked up marriage?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: June 07, 2008, 05:38:31 AM »
the attack on the trade centre was a simple results of years of interference into other countries affairs and the lavish unconditional support for terrorist country like israel.  it was a big tragedy but its only a small one if you compare it to what usa have done to other countries.
there will be much more grieve among the americans in the near future if they continue behaving like bush does.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #199 on: June 07, 2008, 05:40:07 AM »
Iraq.  We have 41 permanent bases, a handpicked candidate running the place, US oil firms are now drilling in 80% of their fields, and we're finalizing plans for the longterm agreement that will have us there, as mccain agrees, 100 years.

They get to keep their flag and the facade of democracy. We get all the oil and airspace.

what country will the US 'invade' next to save it's sorry ass?