Author Topic: Kai Greene: A Day in the Life, Part 2  (Read 17826 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Kai Greene: A Day in the Life, Part 2
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2012, 07:26:23 PM »
So now we go for the homosexual innuendo. This written by a chap who spends time on a bodybuilding forum. You're going to have to troll harder than that bro. I've been around.

yes, clearly you have  :o :o
X

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »
This written by a chap who spends time on a bodybuilding forum.

Tu quoque much?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2012, 01:48:31 AM »
yes, clearly you have  :o :o
I like 99% of your posts man, but I don't see why you are choosing THIS battle with Mike. Mikes a great dude, works his ass off, makes some damn good vids in an industry that has produced pretty subpar documentaries since the one and only Pumping Iron. Don't you feel there's more worthy adversaries out there to "own" than Mike?

To help, I've created a short list of other things we can all agree to hate on:
-Jerry Sandusky
-the batman killer
-SMM
-the Chinese
-not being able to find the provided scooper in a fresh tub of protein
-Justin Bieber
-Muscle-tech
-Schmoes
-African American criminals

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2012, 01:59:19 AM »
Yes.

I have been training partners with Victor Martinez, Jason Arntz, Kamali and a few other NPC competitors over the years.

They don't ever work out as you see in those videos.  All of that stuff is just for show.  

Most of them have personal trainers (high end trainers - Think Victor Muńoz and Charles Glass), that give them routines that they have them follow, which tend to change as contest time approaches.

In terms of diet, they also don't eat as healthy as these videos have you believe.  A lot of these guys eat like pigs and have a large dependency on the GH to keep them at low bodyfat levels even when stuffing their faces with mcdonalds.  They do employ contest prep "gurus" (Think Chris Aceto or Palumbo) for last minute, as in 2 months out, dieting techniques.

One thing they actually do is employ the use of a shit ton of drugs.  Moderate is not even prescribed to when it comes to these guys.  They work towards gaining an edge above the rest and great genetics doesn't cut it when every guy on stage has amazing genetics.

They DO employ the use of esiclene and synthol.  The best guys just know how to hide (use) it very VERY well.

A lot of these guys also do private training sessions with schmoes for extra money.  NOT Gay-4-pay, just training sessions with adamant fanboys.

Mike's videos are great, but the real truth of bodybuilding is always left out of all these videos (not just his).  A lot of stupid, young kids fall for the hype and think they can do the same as these guys with just training, good nutrition, a few stupid supplements and a gallon of water in hand.

The only exception to all of this is Bob Chick.  That is one man that actually does more than just pretend in these videos.  He is a business man that spends a lot of time promoting the sport and himself.  He is one of the few that long after his body will have expired for competition purposes, will have a steady source of income from various companies that still employ him for his services.

"1"
This post should be sent out to every person that registers here and also stickied - no homo  :D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2012, 02:07:27 AM »
Yes.

I have been training partners with Victor Martinez, Jason Arntz, Kamali and a few other NPC competitors over the years.

They don't ever work out as you see in those videos.  All of that stuff is just for show.  

Most of them have personal trainers (high end trainers - Think Victor Muńoz and Charles Glass), that give them routines that they have them follow, which tend to change as contest time approaches.

In terms of diet, they also don't eat as healthy as these videos have you believe.  A lot of these guys eat like pigs and have a large dependency on the GH to keep them at low bodyfat levels even when stuffing their faces with mcdonalds.  They do employ contest prep "gurus" (Think Chris Aceto or Palumbo) for last minute, as in 2 months out, dieting techniques.

One thing they actually do is employ the use of a shit ton of drugs.  Moderate is not even prescribed to when it comes to these guys.  They work towards gaining an edge above the rest and great genetics doesn't cut it when every guy on stage has amazing genetics.

They DO employ the use of esiclene and synthol.  The best guys just know how to hide (use) it very VERY well.

A lot of these guys also do private training sessions with schmoes for extra money.  NOT Gay-4-pay, just training sessions with adamant fanboys.

Mike's videos are great, but the real truth of bodybuilding is always left out of all these videos (not just his).  A lot of stupid, young kids fall for the hype and think they can do the same as these guys with just training, good nutrition, a few stupid supplements and a gallon of water in hand.

The only exception to all of this is Bob Chick.  That is one man that actually does more than just pretend in these videos.  He is a business man that spends a lot of time promoting the sport and himself.  He is one of the few that long after his body will have expired for competition purposes, will have a steady source of income from various companies that still employ him for his services.

"1"
Jason Arntz couldn't hide it (his use of magic potion in his delts), nor did he have exceptional genetics, they were quite crappy to tell the truth.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2012, 02:37:31 AM »
No.

I am just a flamboyant homosexual that used to like to working out in the style of a bodybuilder.  

I met Victor through his trainer Victor Muńoz, who I employed for a few years to train me (he is pretty good).  I then met Jason Arntz through Victor, while at his gym.  I met kamali at this old NYC gym that doesn't exist anymore (Johnny Lats) and also met Rob Lopez there.  I also trained with Kai Greene once before and he was a very pleasant guy, but that Oscar guy was a real cunt and would brainwash him into believing that anyone else, besides him, means Kai harm (distraction or guiding in the wrong fashion) in terms of his training.

It's been maybe 6 years since I last trained with any IFBB pro or even trained like that of a bodybuilder.  The reason why I stopped training in that fashion was because I realized that unless I injected the same type of drugs that these guys used, I was never going to be as big as they were.

Now, I stick to boxing and JiuJitsu and look/feel like a normal person and have way more functional strength and flexibility.

"1"
Autobiographically outed.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2012, 07:13:20 AM »
Louis' the man - I have yet to see a more elegant and witty shit slinger that gives of a concerned aura.
BB's are attention whores to the max - give them a stage and they'll "perform"...

given that you think of wasting food, being overweight, drug abusing and selling stratospheric lies as a performance.

;D ;D ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2012, 08:52:30 PM »
Jason Arntz couldn't hide it (his use of magic potion in his delts), nor did he have exceptional genetics, they were quite crappy to tell the truth.
he was a good teenager was quite large by 20 or so,legs and delts were very good then,,went overboard with the squared of delt look for a while,he had pretty good genes ,,and got ripped to shreds in 90's won some big classes.

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2012, 03:04:17 PM »
absolutely, 100% false, unless you actually mean people on getbig.com

highschool age kids, ie basically everyone who "goes into" bodybuilding, are largely clueless.

X2.

On the one hand, the video has a good look and sound to it. It's well edited, and bills itself as an inside look at a 'day in [Kai's] life.'  Moreover, I understand that the “documentary” is aimed toward an unsophisticated audience. However, on the other hand, it is precisely because of this targeting that I am sympathetic to concerns over the filmmaker's “storytelling.”

The issue I have is not whether the video’s narrative is obligated to expose bodybuilding’s seamy underbelly in the interest of full disclosure or absolute “truth,” but rather whether it contributes to a naďve romanticization of professional bodybuilding by sweeping all the sordid stuff under the rug.

Subsequently, to the initiated, the video smacks of disingenuous mythmaking; while to uninitiated, and soft-headed groupies, it postures as a positive-thinking motivator by spitting out self-help platitudes. I imagine that if Norman Vincent Peale was a schmoe, he’d sound like the narrator.

Seriously, how ought one consider such comments as:

α: “Many theories have been advanced to explain the reasons for Kai’s ever-present hoodie.”

Why write this into the narrative? Was NASA burning the midnight oil on this mysterious conundrum? The video actually has Kai answer this tripe.

β: “On this particular Day in the Life, Kai begins his gym session not with cardio, but with a twelve minute warm-up for mind and body. He then performs a long and careful abdominal and stretching routine. His focus at this time is so strong that the photographer and I dare not interrupt him.”

Really, upon pain of what? Does the filmmaker think he is Sir David Attenborough filming a pride of hungry lions?

Overall, the video comes off as jejune nonsense on stilts. Still, good luck to filmmaker and his fluff-piece, juvenile fantasy video series. And the very best to Kai at the O; he's overcome circumstances that would have crushed the spirits of lesser men disinclined to do violence against the will of subtropical fruit (and allow dirty schmoes to suck his penis under a towel during his "artistic" stripping shows).

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2012, 03:22:50 PM »
LOL

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2012, 08:40:50 AM »
X2.

On the one hand, the video has a good look and sound to it. It's well edited, and bills itself as an inside look at a 'day in [Kai's] life.'  Moreover, I understand that the “documentary” is aimed toward an unsophisticated audience. However, on the other hand, it is precisely because of this targeting that I am sympathetic to concerns over the filmmaker's “storytelling.”

The issue I have is not whether the video’s narrative is obligated to expose bodybuilding’s seamy underbelly in the interest of full disclosure or absolute “truth,” but rather whether it contributes to a naďve romanticization of professional bodybuilding by sweeping all the sordid stuff under the rug.

Subsequently, to the initiated, the video smacks of disingenuous mythmaking; while to uninitiated, and soft-headed groupies, it postures as a positive-thinking motivator by spitting out self-help platitudes. I imagine that if Norman Vincent Peale was a schmoe, he’d sound like the narrator.

Seriously, how ought one consider such comments as:

α: “Many theories have been advanced to explain the reasons for Kai’s ever-present hoodie.”

Why write this into the narrative? Was NASA burning the midnight oil on this mysterious conundrum? The video actually has Kai answer this tripe.

β: “On this particular Day in the Life, Kai begins his gym session not with cardio, but with a twelve minute warm-up for mind and body. He then performs a long and careful abdominal and stretching routine. His focus at this time is so strong that the photographer and I dare not interrupt him.”

Really, upon pain of what? Does the filmmaker think he is Sir David Attenborough filming a pride of hungry lions?

Overall, the video comes off as jejune nonsense on stilts. Still, good luck to filmmaker and his fluff-piece, juvenile fantasy video series. And the very best to Kai at the O; he's overcome circumstances that would have crushed the spirits of lesser men disinclined to do violence against the will of subtropical fruit.

Thanks for the feedback. That was actually a very insightful review, albeit a bit negative. You raise some good points.

"Does the filmmaker think he is Sir David Attenborough filming a pride of hungry lions?"

You haven't seen Kai when he is hungry!! LOL! But seriously, it's about having respect for a pro who is in his process. I thought that was obvious.

As for the schmoe comment...I'm a filmmaker. You are the guy who spends his time on bodybuilding forums. You do the math.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2012, 10:44:01 AM »
Mike is a class act, as seen seen in this thread. Keep doing great work Mike. Guaranteed you have more fans than haters.

Nick II

• Time Out
  • Getbig II

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2012, 06:35:54 AM »
Mike is a class act, as seen seen in this thread. Keep doing great work Mike. Guaranteed you have more fans than haters.

Thanks bro! I know that. I just like to have some fun with the haters.