Author Topic: Interesting Read - IFBB DRUG-TEST RULING - 2001 Olympia  (Read 1279 times)

knny187

• Getbig V
Interesting Read - IFBB DRUG-TEST RULING - 2001 Olympia
« on: October 09, 2006, 04:27:34 PM »
After coming across this old article....I find it very interesting & borderline amusing.  Lee Priest should get a kick out of this too. 

I can't say the IFBB really has stayed committed to any of their policies (or even their drug testing) except for booting Lee Priest from the IFBB for competing in the PDI.

IFBB DRUG-TEST
RULING
The following is the text of the IFBB official press release in regard to drug samples testing positive at the 2001 Mr. Olympia contest.  This communication was released by Wayne Demilla, chairman of the IFBB Pro Division, and Jim Manion, chairman of the IFBB Judges Committee.

Subsequent to the mandatory drug tests that took place at the Olympia Weekend of October 26-27, 2001, the samples had tested positive for banned diuretics. 
  As a result of this information, the IFBB took the initiative to scrupulously examine the drug-testing procedures that took place at and around the 2001 Olympia weekend.  After completing this investigation, the IFBB is confident that each and every one of the steps called for in the protocol of drug testing were meticulously followed at the event itself.  However, as a part of this investigation, it was discovered that the world-renowned laboratory employed by the IFBB is no longer designated as an official accredited lab by the International Olympic Committee.  When the IFBB commenced its relationship with this highly reputable lab several years ago, it was an IOC-accredited lab.
  As the IFBB’s Doping Control Policy calls for all testing to be undertaken by an IOC-accredited lab, the IFBB, committed to following the highest ethical standards, has no option but to declare the drug-testing results from the 2001 Olympia Weekend null & void.  Those athletes who had been informed that they had tested positive, Jay Cutler and Markus Ruhl, will keep their original 2001 Mr. Olympia placings of second and 14th, respectively, and retain all relevant medals, privileges and prize money applicable to their placings. 
  We consider this decision to be one based on a pure technicality and in no way reflects on the integrity of the lab used by the IFBB, nor does it question the testing procedure followed by the IFBB at the 2001 Olympia Weekend.  The IFBB is committed to following its official federation guidelines and bylaws to the letter.  As a result, the IFBB officially announces that all future IFBB drug testing will be carried out under the auspices of an IOC-accredited lab to be determined before the commencement of the 2002 season.
  With this decision, the IFBB reaffirms it’s strong commitment to the Olympic ideal of unity through sport, and fair and balanced treatment of all athletes. 

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Re: Interesting Read - IFBB DRUG-TEST RULING - 2001 Olympia
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 04:30:08 PM »
Who was tested in the last Mr. O, or any of the previous ones?   I'm thinking, No one.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 04:34:13 PM »
Who was tested in the last Mr. O, or any of the previous ones?   I'm thinking, No one.

they had to...because the IFBB is.......

"is committed to following its official federation guidelines and bylaws to the letter"

;D

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 11:26:19 AM »
No haven't spoke to Jim i have no hard feelings for Jim..he helped me get my pro card ..this was never about Jim it was about silly rules which we must follow or are used against some and not others.It is about the IFBB rule book not Jim..he is a great guy doing the best he can with what he can....i am sure it will get better ...trust me it will :)...get better for all athlete,promoters and sponosrs but especially the FANS....

Wayne haven't asked him what he thinks about it........

SUBTRACTION

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Goatboy in jail for calling McGough fat on Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 11:32:38 AM »
Hey Lee!   

Have you sood the IFBB yat??
Free  G o a t b o y!

DEFCON

• Getbig IV
  • LSD, 100 µg, i.m.
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 11:33:51 AM »
hah bodybuilding as a sport is one big lie

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 11:37:35 AM »

they had to...because the IFBB is.......

"is committed to following its official federation guidelines and bylaws to the letter"

;D

LMAnusO!!!!!! 

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 10:14:02 AM »