Author Topic: Has Santorum retracted this lie yet  (Read 237 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Has Santorum retracted this lie yet
« on: March 17, 2012, 10:15:15 AM »
The reason I ask is that I know most of his fundie supporters will believe anything he says so if he doesn't retract it most of them will believe it's true

Why is it that the most strident Christians seem to be the biggest liars

I thought lying was a sin

Santorum Prepares to Battle Against Dutch “Forced Euthanasia”

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/santorum-prepares-to-battle-against-dutch-forced-euthanasia.html#ixzz1pOYylQqj

Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum has become such a warrior for the culture of life, that he is now vowing to fight the growing problem of “forced euthanasia” in the Netherlands.

Even though no such thing actually exists.

According to the New York Times, the Christian conservative crusader bemoaned the country’s policy, stating that forced euthanasia accounts for 5 percent of all deaths in the Netherlands. “they have voluntary euthanasia in the Netherlands, but half the people who are euthanized every year — and it’s 10 percent of all deaths for the Netherlands — half of those people are euthanized involuntarily, at hospitals, because they are older and sick. And so elderly people in the Netherlands don’t go to the hospital, they go to another country, because they’re afraid because of budget purposes that they will not come out of that hospital if they go into it with sickness.”

Except, as the Dutch points out, there is no forced euthanasia in the country.

“An embassy spokeswoman, Carla Bundy, explained that the Dutch government preferred not to intervene in an American political campaign. But Ms. Bundy did provide The Lede with documents and official statistics showing that there are no provisions of Dutch law that permit forced euthanasia. Voluntary euthanasia, which has been legal since 2002, accounted for about 2 percent of deaths in the Netherlands in 2010.”

But it shouldn’t be surprising to anyone who knows Santorum’s political past to learn that he made up “forced euthanasia.”  After all, this is the man who’s claim to fame was the “partial birth abortion” ban in Congress, despite the fact that there is actually no such procedure as a “partial birth abortion” and that the resulting description was so broad it could refer even to abortions routinely used anytime after the first trimester.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/santorum-prepares-to-battle-against-dutch-forced-euthanasia.html#ixzz1pOXGa030

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Has Santorum retracted this lie yet
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 10:16:28 AM »
I guess he is far back in the line waiting for obama to retract any one of his million lies that you dont give a damn about.   

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 10:20:22 AM »
Again, Rick, no Americans care what the youth-in-asia are doing. So GTFO Santorum you piece of shit.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 10:22:58 AM »
I guess he is far back in the line waiting for obama to retract any one of his million lies that you dont give a damn about.  

it's got nothing to do with Obama

I wonder how many Santorum supporters believe there is forced euthenasia in the Netherlands

I'd guess over 90% of those morons believe it

Santorum seems to believe it too, even when it's pointed out to him that it's not true

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 10:23:53 AM »
it's got nothing to do with Obama

I wonder how many Santorum supporters believe their is forced euthenasia in the Netherlands

I'd guess over 90% of those morons believe it

Santorum seems to believe it too, even when it's pointed out to him that it's not true

90% of the obama drones and lemmings like yourself believed his lies on health care - welcome to politics.