Author Topic: What do people here think about cultures that eat dog meat?  (Read 22708 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: What do people here think about cultures that eat dog meat?
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2008, 05:40:27 PM »
I am curious. You obviously have spent a good deal of time in 'Asian' countries (there being very, many of them) to make such sweeping generalisations. I am stunned you would make such a statement. You know that not every Asian country is the same and many or their historical contributions to civilisation have been indespensable. Have you ever even visited an Asian country?

no, because their blatant acceptnace of cruel behaviors makes me say FUCK YOU to wanting to visit them.

you got a bunch of typos there mr "teacher", I am stunned
   ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2008, 05:41:03 PM »
First of all...I would like to thank you for leaving

Any of this above I have no problem with.....so I guess that I am staying here forever

Yes. I remember. You are the one that values a dog's life over a human being's life so it doesn't surprise me at all.

I have never eaten dog meat before.

You are a pretty disgusting person; I suspect your dogs have greater moral character than you do.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2008, 05:42:07 PM »
no, because their blatant acceptnace of cruel behaviors makes me say FUCK YOU to wanting to visit them.

you got a bunch of typos there mr "teacher", I am stunned
   ::)

Haha. Where are my typos?

This should be good. ;D

And remember that the UK, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, South Africa, Canada and India have different spelling standards. They do not use the 'z' and instead use the 's'. Example: American realize vs. everywhere else realise or 'generalization' vs. generalisation...I think you just got caught with your foot in your mouth by dint of your ignorance and that statement you made prior about 'Asian' countries, as if they all formed some sort of monolith was virulently ignorant and chauvinistic.
I hate the State.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2008, 05:45:54 PM »
I am curious. You obviously have spent a good deal of time in 'Asian' countries (there being very, many of them) to make such sweeping generalisations. I am stunned you would make such a statement. You know that not every Asian country is the same and many or their historical contributions to civilisation have been indespensable. Have you ever even visited an Asian country?

generalisations      civilisation       indespensable            ::)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2008, 05:46:27 PM »
Yes. I remember. You are the one that values a dog's life over a human being's life so it doesn't surprise me at all.

I have never eaten dog meat before.

You are a pretty disgusting person; I suspect your dogs have greater moral character than you do.

I have no problem holding my dog's life over yours

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2008, 05:48:34 PM »
Haha. Where are my typos?

This should be good. ;D

And remember that the UK, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, South Africa, Canada and India have different spelling standards. They do not use the 'z' and instead use the 's'. Example: American realize vs. everywhere else realise or 'generalization' vs. generalisation...I think you just got caught with your foot in your mouth by dint of your ignorance and that statement you made prior about 'Asian' countries, as if they all formed some sort of monolith was virulently ignorant and chauvinistic.

Asian countries suck and are full of assholes, both native born and not

;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2008, 05:49:07 PM »
generalisations      civilisation       indespensable            ::)

See above post about orthographic variation.

Indispensable is a legimitate error and I thank you for pointing it out.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2008, 05:50:42 PM »

Asian countries suck and are full of assholes, both native born and not

;D

You are showing yourself to be quite the racist and chauvinist on this. I don't even think most of your friends here at getbig could agree with you on such statements.
I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2008, 05:51:35 PM »

Not to butt in but do you really need the comma between very and many?  Legit question.

Also I could be wrong but I think you meant to say of when you said or in your 2nd to last sentence.

R

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2008, 05:52:55 PM »
I have no problem holding my dog's life over yours

Or a four year old child's life for that matter.

How about a good friend's life vs. a dog's life? Wait, I already know the answer.

I have a legitimate question for you: why do the activities of the US government not bother you in the least?
I hate the State.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2008, 05:53:40 PM »
You are showing yourself to be quite the racist and chauvinist on this. I don't even think most of your friends here at getbig could agree with you on such statements.

I don't like chinks either

they all smell like fish & have bad breath

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2008, 05:53:55 PM »

I think they would agree that cultures that believe blatant unnecessary animal cruelty is okay are fucked up.

A lot of those places don't treat their own people any better so I guess I really shouldn't expect much. 

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2008, 05:55:25 PM »

GetBig is an American board, so speak it or go ching chang chung somewhere else.

;D

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2008, 05:57:15 PM »
Or a four year old child's life for that matter.

How about a good friend's life vs. a dog's life? Wait, I already know the answer.

I have a legitimate question for you: why do the activities of the US government not bother you in the least?

Because I support all of the US Government....good or bad.

Because I believe the United States of America is the best place in the world to live.

Because we are given a right to disagree....so I choose not too.

We can all sit here & complain about shit....or make a decision.  For that, I am glad you made the decision to leave.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2008, 05:57:53 PM »
Not to butt in but do you really need the comma between very and many?  Legit question.

Also I could be wrong but I think you meant to say of when you said or in your 2nd to last sentence.

Yes. I didn't see that. Or should be of.

The comma is ok because it reflects a pause in the speaker's breath and is being used for emphasis.

BTW, do you, Stella, stand by Flower's sweeping generalisations and racist/chauvinistic comments on 'Asian' countries?
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2008, 06:00:32 PM »
Because I support all of the US Government....good or bad.

Because I believe the United States of America is the best place in the world to live.

Because we are given a right to disagree....so I choose not too.

We can all sit here & complain about shit....or make a decision.  For that, I am glad you made the decision to leave.

I just bet you love the Bush regime. What is the point of blind loyalty to the government? That was exactly what the founding fathers DID NOT want us to do.

What is the reason why you believe the USA is the best place to believe? Where is the evidence? Have you ever even left the country?

I hate the State.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2008, 06:04:00 PM »
I just bet you love the Bush regime. What is the point of blind loyalty to the government? That was exactly what the founding fathers DID NOT want us to do.

I would reread the Declaration of Independence again....chimp

You're interpretation is comical

What is the reason why you believe the USA is the best place to believe? Where is the evidence? Have you ever even left the country?

Yup....been all over the world.  There's alot of nice places...but not one place I would rather call home than the USA.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2008, 06:04:00 PM »

BTW, do you, Stella, stand by Flower's sweeping generalisations and racist/chauvinistic comments on 'Asian' countries?
I haven't read this whole thread closely so I may have missed that.  I think what she is saying is people who believe unnecessary animal cruelty is okay are warped in the brain and yes, I agree with that.
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2008, 06:04:40 PM »

what language is 'legimitate'    ::)   

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2008, 06:06:41 PM »
I haven't read this whole thread closely so I may have missed that.  I think what she is saying is people who believe unnecessary animal cruelty is okay are warped in the brain and yes, I agree with that.

yes STella, that is what I was saying. 

That was too simple for some of the 'brains' here to comprehend so now taxes, war and the government have been brought in. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2008, 06:16:56 PM »

Do you agree with the part where she says it would be okay if Asian countries simply disappeared off the map?
I hate the State.

w8m8

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2008, 06:32:06 PM »

you decided to not be one of US , or have I misread something ?

my reason is called freedom , the evidence is you being able to leave and then complain but still be welcomed back , and yes I have left the country

for a vacation and like Dorothy says , " There's no place like home "

me too

yes STella, that is what I was saying. 

That was too simple for some of the 'brains' here to comprehend so now taxes, war and the government have been brought in

when all else fails , change the focus little by little , if that doesn't work then change the topic , when that fails , type in a foreign language

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2008, 06:38:36 PM »
you decided to not be one of US , or have I misread something ?

my reason is called freedom , the evidence is you being able to leave and then complain but still be welcomed back , and yes I have left the country

for a vacation and like Dorothy says , " There's no place like home "

me too

when all else fails , change the focus little by little , if that doesn't work then change the topic , when that fails , type in a foreign language

She said it would be good if Asian countries simply disappeared. That includes, India, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia, Tibet, etc. That is a sweeping statement.

I never changed the focus, the point was to create an analogy. That's all. You like the Bush/Cheney regime? I assume you are not a very politically active person but I also assume you do know what the CIA and government does all round the world?

What the hell does typing in a foreign language have to do with anything here?! ???
I hate the State.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2008, 09:24:10 PM »

What the hell does typing in a foreign language have to do with anything here?! ???

what the hell does eating dogs have to do with American politics ?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2008, 09:38:48 PM »

what the hell does eating dogs have to do with American politics ?

Well, the gentleman who ate the dog meat was accused of doing something irresponsible and I am saying if you live in the United States you shoulder actively try to change policies (at the very least) or leave the country because of the immoral actions of the government. Flower does not strike me as a very politically engaged person so I would say she and the dog meat guy are even.

What really struck me was the comment on Asian countries...

As if they were all the same. That comment smacked of ignorance and chauvinism.
I hate the State.