Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 994803 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #2650 on: December 16, 2015, 06:21:33 AM »
Agnostic got balls.

In a thread like this (that for obvious reasons is anti-police) he is still contributing.

in my opinion, there is a mixture of bad policing/police officers and misunderstanding policing that is discussed here. While we always don't agree on which it is, My hope is to on occasion, show the difference. If someone happens to see it from that perspective and it reduces the animosity towards police in general, that is a good thing. On the flip side, I can certainly see all is not rosy and there are issues and examples of what's wrong with policing. For example, prior to running a warrant on a house our department has several specific checks they do to insure it is the right address. Assumptions are never allowed and it has to be concrete evidence. It's amazing to me that there are still agencies that will occasionally run a no knock warrant  on a house and have the wrong address or the person hasn't lived there in awhile. That to me is just mind boggling.       

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2651 on: December 16, 2015, 06:30:46 AM »
in my opinion, there is a mixture of bad policing/police officers and misunderstanding policing that is discussed here. While we always don't agree on which it is, My hope is to on occasion, show the difference. If someone happens to see it from that perspective and it reduces the animosity towards police in general, that is a good thing. On the flip side, I can certainly see all is not rosy and there are issues and examples of what's wrong with policing. For example, prior to running a warrant on a house our department has several specific checks they do to insure it is the right address. Assumptions are never allowed and it has to be concrete evidence. It's amazing to me that there are still agencies that will occasionally run a no knock warrant  on a house and have the wrong address or the person hasn't lived there in awhile. That to me is just mind boggling.       

Do you feel like the cops that SEE wrongdoing - but do nothing, cover up, ignore, go along with - Do you believe they should be getting punished MUCH harder?

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2652 on: December 16, 2015, 06:32:02 AM »
Sad. This happened in 2009...

Innocent Man Dies After Cop Smashed His Head into the Concrete – Cop Never Punished

An innocent Seattle man was killed by a cop, his death ruled a homicide, and the cop who did it never got a slap on the wrist.

Seattle, WA — An innocent man has died this week after being in a coma and on life support since he was brutally attacked by a Seattle cop.

On May 10, 2009, Christopher Harris was walking down the street when he noticed 2 men, dressed in all black, running after him. As anyone would do when threatened by two maniacs chasing after you, Harris ran.

When the maniacs, who happened to be King County sheriff’s deputies, caught up to Harris, one of them, Deputy Matthew Paul, threw the entire weight of his body into Harris, sending Harris’ head smashing into the concrete. Harris would never regain consciousness.

On Thursday, Harris finally succumbed to his injuries from that attack. According to the Thurston County Coroner’s Office, Harris died of “Acute and chronic pneumonia of the lungs, due to medical sequelae, due to blunt head trauma,” and his manner of death has been ruled a homicide.

Deputy Paul never received so much as a slap on the wrist for his brutal negligence. In spite of a $10 million settlement paid out to Harris’ family in 2011, Paul remained on the force and on full duty.

The department never even conducted an investigation into the matter.

In police state USA, a cop can kill a man, on video, and no one even bats an eye.

0:11

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/innocent-man-dies-cop-smashed-head-concrete-cop-punished/

According to this article, the cop was cleared by an internal investigation - no surprise:

http://q13fox.com/2015/12/11/christopher-harris-attorney-man-slammed-into-wall-by-deputy-in-2009-dies/

This seems to be a common theme....cop murders a person and is not charged, or is charged and gets a slap on the wrist or acquitted.  The city settles... This time to the tune of 10 million, yet the offending pig  is not only free, but still employed.

It baffles my mind that the family of Mr. Harris doesn't take some of the payout and use it to even the score, going after the offending pig's family.....then after him. 

That tells me that the Harris family is/was content to "trade him in" for cash. Fu@king cowards....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2653 on: December 16, 2015, 06:37:34 AM »
ya gotta wonder how often this happens.   

dude is killed by police.  family quietly settles.  video never emerges. 

it's nice to see people suing to see the video.  Cause you KNOW if the video cleared the cop of any wrongdoing, we all would have seen it plastered all over, the very next day.   If the cops are willing to drag out a video FOIA suit for a year, there's a decent chance the video shows wrongdoing.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2654 on: December 16, 2015, 06:40:25 AM »
I think cops should STAND UP against other bad cops.  Why?

SELF PRESERVATION.

Every time a cop beats, abuses, kills someone and other cops ignore it, they ALL get smeared with that shitty impression.  Which opens them all up for retribution, as we saw with the shooter earlier this year (NYC?)   And it's about HELPING police too.  People are FAR less likely to help cops, saves cops ass, and inform on crimes, if they know bad cops will cover up good cops.

Cops that enjoy community support, want to risk fewer nutjobs, and want to make sure citizens have their back should the bad guy ever get the upper hand on them... they SHOULD want to turn in all the bad egg cops.  These bad cops are turning the public against them - they should be vigilant at weeding out the lying cops.  Not defending them.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2655 on: December 16, 2015, 06:55:22 AM »
Do you feel like the cops that SEE wrongdoing - but do nothing, cover up, ignore, go along with - Do you believe they should be getting punished MUCH harder?

no, not much harder. If a cop witnesses a cop doing  wrong and does nothing, or covers it up, they should be punished the same as if they did it in my opinion

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2656 on: December 16, 2015, 06:56:21 AM »

SELF PRESERVATION.

Every time a cop beats, abuses, kills someone and other cops ignore it, they ALL get smeared with that shitty impression.  Which opens them all up for retribution, as we saw with the shooter earlier this year (NYC?)   And it's about HELPING police too.  People are FAR less likely to help cops, saves cops ass, and inform on crimes, if they know bad cops will cover up good cops.

Cops that enjoy community support, want to risk fewer nutjobs, and want to make sure citizens have their back should the bad guy ever get the upper hand on them... they SHOULD want to turn in all the bad egg cops.  These bad cops are turning the public against them - they should be vigilant at weeding out the lying cops.  Not defending them.

Agreed

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #2657 on: December 16, 2015, 12:33:13 PM »
Cowardly Cop Kills Family’s Cat with a Shotgun After it Hissed at Him

North Catasauqua, PA — Six years ago, when Tom Newhart and his wife rescued a baby cat and named him Sugar, they never imagined that his life would end in a hail of gunfire. However, thanks to a North Catasauqua police officer, that’s exactly what happened.

Last Sunday, Sugar escaped from the Newhart’s home. Hours later, he’d be gunned down by police.

“It’s like one of your children, you raised them, bottle fed them,” said Newhart as he began tearing up.

When Sugar escaped, a neighbor five houses down found him and decided to call the police after not being able to detain the lost cat. When the cop showed up, he pulled out a shotgun and it was open season on lost cats.

“I found the cat sitting right here,” said the neighbor, Mike Lienert.

When the officer showed up, he told Lienert that it’s “not politically correct, but if it’s injured we will put it down,” — as if being ‘politically correct’ has anything to do with killing an innocent animal.

The officer then walked into Lienert’s backyard, blew the cat away, and then told Lienert that he’d have to clean up the mess. Lienert said aside from poking at the dead cat’s body, the officer never attempted to catch the cat.

Lienert said the cat did hiss at the officer, but instead of grabbing a pair of gloves and putting the cat in a cage, this public servant did some target practice.

After recovering Sugar’s body, the Newhart’s decided to have him x-rayed by the vet to see if the officer was justified in shooting him. However, they found that Sugar was fine, and the officer had no reason to kill him.

“No lacerations, no blood, other than neck wound on body. ” Newhart said.

Newhart said he called the Mayor and the chief of police, who told him that this is not policy and has never happened before.

“This guy doesn’t deserve the badge he wears, and should be fired immediately and held accountable,” said Newhart in a Facebook post.

In a statement, the borough said it’s in the process of gathering information and conducting a review and investigation of what took place. After this process is complete, the borough will be taking the necessary and appropriate steps, according to WFMZ.

According to a local animal shelter, the officer’s actions could be considered animal cruelty. According to the Free Thought Project, the officer’s actions are considered cowardly and sadistic.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cowardly-cop-kills-familys-cat-shotgun-hissed/

http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regional-lehighvalley/north-catasauqua-man-says-lost-cat-was-shot-by-police/36981404

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2658 on: December 16, 2015, 12:34:40 PM »

SELF PRESERVATION.

I think they should also start holding cops personally accountable and not shield them with immunity and send the bill to the taxpayers.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2659 on: December 16, 2015, 01:49:52 PM »
I think they should also start holding cops personally accountable and not shield them with immunity and send the bill to the taxpayers.

Couple of issues here. There is a thing called qualified immunity that was put into place for good reason. Due to the nature of the job, police will expose themselves to all manner of lawsuits.

"While law enforcement officers recognize the inherent risks of their occupation, they should be comforted by the description given by the Supreme Court as to the effect of the qualified immunity doctrine on one of those inherent risks—that of being sued civilly. In Harlow v. Fitzgerald, the Court explained that “government officials performing discretionary functions generally are shielded from liability for civil damages insofar as their conduct does not violate clearly established statutory or constitutional rights of which a reasonable person would have known"

and

“Qualified immunity balances two important interests—the need to hold public officials accountable when they exercise power irresponsibly and the need to shield officials from harassment, distraction, and liability when they perform their duties reasonably.” Pearson v. Callahan (07-751). Specifically, it protects government officials from lawsuits alleging that they violated plaintiffs’ rights, only allowing suits where officials violated a “clearly established” statutory or constitutional right. When determining whether or not a right was “clearly established,” courts consider whether a hypothetical reasonable official would have known that the defendant’s conduct violated the plaintiff’s rights. Courts conducting this analysis apply the law that was in force at the time of the alleged violation, not the law in effect when the court considers the case.

"Qualified immunity is not immunity from having to pay money damages, but rather immunity from having to go through the costs of a trial at all. Accordingly, courts must resolve qualified immunity issues as early in a case as possible, preferably before discovery.
Qualified immunity only applies to suits against government officials as individuals, not suits against the government for damages caused by the officials’ actions"

In cases where it is clear the officers acted outside of the scope of their authority, policies an regulations they can be individually sued. While one may think removing Qualified Immunity would solve the problems you think it would solve, in would more likely make the job unaffordable to have, due to paying for unending legal fees as cops are already sued for anything and everything as it is.

While it sounds good on the surface, I think it would be counterproductive. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2660 on: December 16, 2015, 02:37:37 PM »

Well said.

Its not the fact its cops.

If carpenters could kill people, try to hide evidence and walk away with no sentence we would have carpenter thread.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2661 on: December 17, 2015, 04:42:12 AM »
Cowardly Cop Kills Family’s Cat with a Shotgun After it Hissed at Him

North Catasauqua, PA — Six years ago, when Tom Newhart and his wife rescued a baby cat and named him Sugar, they never imagined that his life would end in a hail of gunfire. However, thanks to a North Catasauqua police officer, that’s exactly what happened.

Last Sunday, Sugar escaped from the Newhart’s home. Hours later, he’d be gunned down by police.

“It’s like one of your children, you raised them, bottle fed them,” said Newhart as he began tearing up.

When Sugar escaped, a neighbor five houses down found him and decided to call the police after not being able to detain the lost cat. When the cop showed up, he pulled out a shotgun and it was open season on lost cats.

“I found the cat sitting right here,” said the neighbor, Mike Lienert.

When the officer showed up, he told Lienert that it’s “not politically correct, but if it’s injured we will put it down,” — as if being ‘politically correct’ has anything to do with killing an innocent animal.

The officer then walked into Lienert’s backyard, blew the cat away, and then told Lienert that he’d have to clean up the mess. Lienert said aside from poking at the dead cat’s body, the officer never attempted to catch the cat.

Lienert said the cat did hiss at the officer, but instead of grabbing a pair of gloves and putting the cat in a cage, this public servant did some target practice.

After recovering Sugar’s body, the Newhart’s decided to have him x-rayed by the vet to see if the officer was justified in shooting him. However, they found that Sugar was fine, and the officer had no reason to kill him.

“No lacerations, no blood, other than neck wound on body. ” Newhart said.

Newhart said he called the Mayor and the chief of police, who told him that this is not policy and has never happened before.

“This guy doesn’t deserve the badge he wears, and should be fired immediately and held accountable,” said Newhart in a Facebook post.

In a statement, the borough said it’s in the process of gathering information and conducting a review and investigation of what took place. After this process is complete, the borough will be taking the necessary and appropriate steps, according to WFMZ.

According to a local animal shelter, the officer’s actions could be considered animal cruelty. According to the Free Thought Project, the officer’s actions are considered cowardly and sadistic.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cowardly-cop-kills-familys-cat-shotgun-hissed/

http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regional-lehighvalley/north-catasauqua-man-says-lost-cat-was-shot-by-police/36981404

If the mother cat showed up, or a squirrel happened to pass by, the pig would have cried into his radio for backup....

This is a clear case of pussy on pussy crime.....

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2662 on: December 18, 2015, 08:04:02 AM »
4 Innocent Native Americans Jailed For 18 Years, Set Free – But Only After Agreeing Not To Sue

After realizing they were holding 4 innocent men in jail, authorities issued them an ultimatum - If you want freedom, promise not to sue us.

Fairbanks, Alaska – Four innocent Native American men have been set free from prison this week after they agreed not to sue the city or the state for the wrongful conviction and the unnecessary time behind bars. Eugene Vent, Kevin Pease, George Frese and Marvin Roberts, known as the Fairbanks Four, have all been sitting in jail since 1997 for the murder of teenager John Hartman.

Even at the time of the conviction, the case was extremely controversial, with many supporters of the four insisting on their innocence. Family and supporters have continued to fight over the years, collecting evidence of their innocence and pushing for a new trial. As the years went on, the case against them fell apart, making it obvious that the justice system had locked away innocent men for a crime that they did not commit. After years of legal posturing, a new trial was granted this month, and the wrongfully convicted men were quickly released after the new evidence was finally brought to light.

Fearing legal retribution, the court forced the innocent men to agree that they would not sue the state or city, even though they should have every right to do so, after losing many of their adult years to prison.

Attorney General Craig Richards admitted that there was no case against them, but insisted that the state did not make any mistakes in its investigation.

“This is not an exoneration. In this settlement, the four defendants agreed they were properly and validly investigated, prosecuted and convicted. Nonetheless, in light of the new evidence produced at the recent hearing, this settlement is just that, a compromise by the parties in a hard-fought legal battle. This compromise reflects the Attorney General’s recognition that if the defendants were retried today it is not clear under the current state of the evidence that they would be convicted,” Richard’s office said in a statement.

Obviously, if there was any doubt among the prosecution and the courts that these men were innocent, there is no way that they would allow them to walk free. Governor Bill Walker seemed pleased that the group was banned from filing a lawsuit, as he quickly released a statement praising the “compromise.”

“I’m pleased the State of Alaska Department of Law and legal counsel representing the Fairbanks Four, including the State of Alaska Office of Public Advocacy, agreed on a settlement that satisfied the court. I’m glad there was a process available to the Fairbanks Four where all involved could arrive at a mutually acceptable agreement. I hope this settlement helps to begin the healing process, and provides some measure of justice and closure for Eugene Vent, Kevin Pease, George Frese and Marvin Roberts as they return home to their families,” the statement read.

However, it is obvious that this agreement was made under duress, and that it was the only way for them to see freedom. By this logic, if the Fairbanks Four decided to pursue their legal rights and challenge their false imprisonment – they would be thrown back in jail. And these people have the audacity to call this ‘justice.’

It is also important to point out that Native Americans face regular police brutality and discrimination in the justice system. The racial group most likely to be killed by law enforcement is Native Americans, followed by African Americans, Latinos, Whites, and Asian Americans. Native Americans represent just 0.8 percent of the population but comprise 1.9 percent of police killings.

It is not just Native Americans who are being wrongfully accused and caught up in the US justice system either. According to a recent report from the National Registry of Exonerations at the University of Michigan Law School, 125 falsely accused prisoners were exonerated in 2014. This is actually a record number of exonerations for one year’s time and is an increase of one-third since 2012.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/4-innocent-native-americans-jailed-18-years-set-free-agreeing-sue/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2663 on: December 19, 2015, 08:51:40 PM »
Good Cop Crosses Thin Blue Line, Helps Family Bring Officer Who Killed Their Son to Justice

Versailles, MO — On Friday, special prosecutor William Camm Seay announced that Trooper Anthony Piercy is being charged in the death of Brandon Ellingson, who drowned in the Lake of the Ozarks with his hands cuffed behind his back.

On May 31, 2014. Trooper Piercy arrested Ellingson under suspicion of OWI and negligently placed the wrong life jacket over the handcuffed 20-year-old’s torso. Piercy then drove his patrol boat away from the scene at a high rate of speed. Ellingson was thrown from the craft when it struck a sizeable wake, the life jacket came off, and he drowned with his hands still in cuffs.

As The Free Thought Project previously reported, following the familiar full-court press to prevent officer accountability, the jury in a Coroner’s Inquest ruled Ellingson’s death to be accidental. It was subsequently revealed that Amanda Grellner, the prosecutor who declined to file charges against Piercy, had received a personal favor from the MHP three years earlier when the department declined to charge her then-18-year-old son with DUI.

After seeing that they were getting zero help from the perpetrator and his subsequent conspirators, the family of Ellingson launched a campaign for justice. During this campaign, they were joined by Missouri Highway Patrol Sergeant, Randy Henry.

Henry witnessed first hand, the incompetence, negligence, and cover-up and took to exposing it.

“We killed Brandon Ellingson,” Henry bluntly told the Lake Expo newspaper, following it with the question of “Why are we investigating ourselves?”

In a conversation with Piercy the day following Ellingson’s death, Henry expressed concerns about how the arresting officer had conducted himself. Piercy himself seemed remorseful, telling Henry,
“I feel like I drowned that kid…. I should have done more for him.”

In any other context, that comment would be treated as a confession to second-degree murder.

Henry then filed a report on the drowning and testified about the inadequate training Piercy and other water patrol officers received.

During an interview with patrol investigators following the drowning, Henry mentioned a state law dealing with the safety of people in custody and how the police are responsible for the lives of those they detain. An investigator interrupted Henry and insisted that the recorder be turned off, to deliberately prevent an official record of his disclosures.

The stiff arm of blue justice was moving in.

Instead of Piercy being held accountable for his negligence, it was Henry who was then run through the gamut of the thin blue line. He was cast out by his department, demoted to corporal, and forced to retire.

But as a true servant to the public, Henry remained resilient and refused to be bullied.

His and the family’s efforts led to the case being reopened and taken over by Seay.

“It was an investigation not concluded at that time,” Seay said. “She [Grellner] didn’t have it. We, my people, completed the investigation. There was additional investigation after Ms. Grellner stepped down.”

When Seay was asked about the concerns of the law enforcement agency investigating themselves, he said, “That’s what I’m for. I don’t have any concerns.”

On Friday, Seay announced the charge of involuntary manslaughter in the first degree against Trooper Anthony Piercy outside the Morgan County Justice Center. The charge is a Class C felony carrying a punishment of up to seven years in prison, up to a year in the county jail, a $5,000 fine or a combination.

The Highway Patrol said in a statement that it had placed Piercy, 44, on leave without pay. He is expected to turn himself in on Friday.

Craig Ellingson, father of Brandon, announced they were pleased with the news but noted how long it took.

“But it should have been a lot earlier,” he said. “I think it has been a cover-up from the beginning. They had everything. They knew what Piercy did to my son.”

For 18 months, this family, along with the now retired Henry, have fought for Piercy to be held accountable in the death of Brandon Ellingson.

“I never imagined something like that happening to Brandon. … I think he felt like he was safe with Piercy, because he’s a cop. But he wasn’t,” said Ellingson.

“There’s been a cover-up from the beginning,” Henry recently told The Star. “They wanted to protect the governor and the merger and protect Piercy from criminal charges because criminal charges would be a black eye for the patrol.”

While this news of Piercy’s charges is great for the family, Craig Ellingson insists that the fight is not yet over.

“I feel some relief, but I still want to get to the people who have covered this up,” he said.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/good-cop-refused-silenced-fellow-officer-charged-teens-death/

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2664 on: December 19, 2015, 11:29:03 PM »
Good Cop Crosses Thin Blue Line, Helps Family Bring Officer Who Killed Their Son to Justice

Versailles, MO — On Friday, special prosecutor William Camm Seay announced that Trooper Anthony Piercy is being charged in the death of Brandon Ellingson, who drowned in the Lake of the Ozarks with his hands cuffed behind his back.

On May 31, 2014. Trooper Piercy arrested Ellingson under suspicion of OWI and negligently placed the wrong life jacket over the handcuffed 20-year-old’s torso. Piercy then drove his patrol boat away from the scene at a high rate of speed. Ellingson was thrown from the craft when it struck a sizeable wake, the life jacket came off, and he drowned with his hands still in cuffs.

As The Free Thought Project previously reported, following the familiar full-court press to prevent officer accountability, the jury in a Coroner’s Inquest ruled Ellingson’s death to be accidental. It was subsequently revealed that Amanda Grellner, the prosecutor who declined to file charges against Piercy, had received a personal favor from the MHP three years earlier when the department declined to charge her then-18-year-old son with DUI.

After seeing that they were getting zero help from the perpetrator and his subsequent conspirators, the family of Ellingson launched a campaign for justice. During this campaign, they were joined by Missouri Highway Patrol Sergeant, Randy Henry.

Henry witnessed first hand, the incompetence, negligence, and cover-up and took to exposing it.

“We killed Brandon Ellingson,” Henry bluntly told the Lake Expo newspaper, following it with the question of “Why are we investigating ourselves?”

In a conversation with Piercy the day following Ellingson’s death, Henry expressed concerns about how the arresting officer had conducted himself. Piercy himself seemed remorseful, telling Henry,

In any other context, that comment would be treated as a confession to second-degree murder.

Henry then filed a report on the drowning and testified about the inadequate training Piercy and other water patrol officers received.

During an interview with patrol investigators following the drowning, Henry mentioned a state law dealing with the safety of people in custody and how the police are responsible for the lives of those they detain. An investigator interrupted Henry and insisted that the recorder be turned off, to deliberately prevent an official record of his disclosures.

Instead of Piercy being held accountable for his negligence, it was Henry who was then run through the gamut of the thin blue line. He was cast out by his department, demoted to corporal, and forced to retire.

But as a true servant to the public, Henry remained resilient and refused to be bullied.

His and the family’s efforts led to the case being reopened and taken over by Seay.

“It was an investigation not concluded at that time,” Seay said. “She [Grellner] didn’t have it. We, my people, completed the investigation. There was additional investigation after Ms. Grellner stepped down.”

When Seay was asked about the concerns of the law enforcement agency investigating themselves, he said, “That’s what I’m for. I don’t have any concerns.”

On Friday, Seay announced the charge of involuntary manslaughter in the first degree against Trooper Anthony Piercy outside the Morgan County Justice Center. The charge is a Class C felony carrying a punishment of up to seven years in prison, up to a year in the county jail, a $5,000 fine or a combination.

The Highway Patrol said in a statement that it had placed Piercy, 44, on leave without pay. He is expected to turn himself in on Friday.

Craig Ellingson, father of Brandon, announced they were pleased with the news but noted how long it took.

“But it should have been a lot earlier,” he said. “I think it has been a cover-up from the beginning. They had everything. They knew what Piercy did to my son.”

For 18 months, this family, along with the now retired Henry, have fought for Piercy to be held accountable in the death of Brandon Ellingson.

“I never imagined something like that happening to Brandon. … I think he felt like he was safe with Piercy, because he’s a cop. But he wasn’t,” said Ellingson.

“There’s been a cover-up from the beginning,” Henry recently told The Star. “They wanted to protect the governor and the merger and protect Piercy from criminal charges because criminal charges would be a black eye for the patrol.”

While this news of Piercy’s charges is great for the family, Craig Ellingson insists that the fight is not yet over.

“I feel some relief, but I still want to get to the people who have covered this up,” he said.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/good-cop-refused-silenced-fellow-officer-charged-teens-death/

One very decent cop & human being.

What a Fucking horrible bunch of messed up
People who are meant to stand for truth & justice,
Who tried for so long to cover this up.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2665 on: December 20, 2015, 09:23:55 AM »
2 years on probation and most likely not a cent out of his own pocket... About the same as a citizen would get for assaulting a cop in a similar manner and effect.
And it appears the cop might have lied in his report to justify the assault.

Woman who was shoved FACE-FIRST into a concrete jail cell bench by police officer during DUI arrest gets $875,000 from Chicago suburb

Court documents show two separate settlements have been reached with Cassandra Feuerstein
    Video of the incident showed an officer shoving the woman into a cell so hard that she fell forward and hit her head on a concrete bench
    According to prosecutors, the impact broke a bone in her face and loosened teeth
    Former Skokie police officer Michael Hart pleaded guilty to official misconduct and was sentenced to two years of probation
    Court records show Feuerstein pleaded guilty to DUI and was sentenced to one year of supervision

The village of Skokie has agreed to pay $875,000 to a Chicago woman who accused a police officer in a lawsuit of using excessive force during her arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence.

The Chicago Tribune reports that court documents show two separate settlements have been reached with Cassandra Feuerstein.

Video of the March 2013 incident showed an officer shoving the woman into a cell so hard that she fell forward and hit her head on a concrete bench.

According to prosecutors, the impact broke a bone in her face and loosened teeth.

Former Skokie police officer Michael Hart pleaded guilty to official misconduct and was sentenced to two years of probation.

Court records show Feuerstein pleaded guilty to DUI and was sentenced to one year of supervision.

The video of the incident clearly shows the 47-year-old woman being roughly shoved into the cell by an officer, who was later identified as Michael Hart.

The beginning of the prison video shows her complying with a female officer during the pat down and search and gives them her bra and shoes.

As she is shoved, she falls forward and strikes her face on the concrete bench. When she lands on the ground, a pool of blood spreads on the floor under her.

Another officer enters the cell and pulls her head onto his lap as he attempts to stop the bleeding.

A paramedic arrives soon after and she is taken to hospital in a stretcher.

Feuerstein claimed the officer then filed a false report claiming she resisted police to explain his actions, according to CBS.

'Apparently I was not looking into the camera the way the officer wanted me to', she said at a 2013 press conference, referring to having her mugshot taken right before the incident.

Her lawyer Torreya Hamilton said in 2013: 'The video speaks for itself.

'She does nothing to justify what this male police officer does.

'If this was a tavern fight, which of course it wasn't, it'd be like she got sucker-punched.'

Feuerstein was charged with resisting an officer as well as drunk driving.

She pleaded guilty to the DUI. The other charge was subsequently dropped.

Feuerstein was arrested after she had pulled over, realizing she had too much to drink.

She fell asleep and was later arrested and taken to the station.

Skokie town spokeswoman Ann Tennes said in a statement in 2013: 'The village of Skokie expresses deep concern for Ms Cassandra Feuerstein's injuries that occurred at the Skokie Police Station earlier this year.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3367556/Woman-shoved-FACE-concrete-jail-cell-bench-police-officer-DUI-arrest-gets-875-0000-Chicago-suburb.html

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2666 on: December 20, 2015, 01:46:58 PM »

Before reading the article, I wondered how the cop who did the right thing would be treated by his cowardly peers.......turns out he was shunned and forced to retire.

Wonder how old the cop was who retired and if he will seek damages against his department.  Hope so.....  I also wonder if he would have done the same thing if he didn't have enough time in on the job to retire.....

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2667 on: December 29, 2015, 10:07:50 PM »
Many stories with questionable/criminal police behavior recently it is hard to keep up. This one, though old, is particularly interesting:

Horrifying Video Shows Cops Sic K-9 on Infant Daughter of a Man they Mistook for a Suspect

Henderson, NV — On January 30, 2015, a health food store in Henderson called the police after a disgruntled customer, attempting to return some protein powder, allegedly threatened to rob them. The store described the suspect to police as a black male wearing a black and tan t-shirt who left in an SUV.

As police responded to the call, they quickly stopped the first person they saw, who happened to be Arturo Arenas-Alvarez. Arenas-Alvarez had just pulled up in the shopping center to do some shopping when police drew their weapons and demanded he put his hands in the air and step toward them.

Arenas-Alvarez did not appear to understand why multiple armed men were pointing their guns at him, so one officer asked him in Spanish to approach the vehicle.

Before Arenas-Alvarez makes it all the way to the vehicle, officers realized they had the wrong guy.
“That’s not him, dude. That’s not a black man in a black shirt,” one officer said to another.

However, they continued the detainment.

Officers begin to assure Arenas-Alvarez that he will be fine. “They thought that you were involved in a robbery. You don’t look like the person, so it’s OK now, OK?” one officer said. However, nothing could have been further from the truth.

As officers were telling Arenas-Alvarez that he’ll be okay, Sgt. James Mitchell can be heard on the radio telling the officers, “Stand by a couple of minutes. K9-1 is about two minutes out.”

During the display of gross incompetence of mistaking Arenas-Alvarez for a black man in a black shirt, Arenas-Alvarez’s 17-month-old daughter, Ayleen was strapped into her car seat in the SUV.

Before Arenas-Alvarez could communicate to the officers that his infant daughter was in the car, the “two minutes” had passed and Sgt. Mitchell arrived with his Belgian Malinois. Almost as soon as he exited the vehicle, Mithcell released the K-9 into the SUV of an entirely innocent man and his daughter.
“My baby,” Arturo Arenas-Alvarez can be heard pleading with officers in broken English. “I’ve got my baby.”

An officer then yelled out, “There’s an infant in that car! There’s an infant in that car!”

But it was too late. By the time the cops realized that their immediate escalation to violence was unnecessary – the damage had been done.

Ayleen’s blood curdling and heart-wrenching screams of agony can be heard on the dashcam. The 4-year-old dog, Doerak, was ripping into the baby’s flesh. By the time the dog let go of the infant, her right arm had been mauled. She was left with nine puncture wounds and abrasions.

After the incident was over, Mitchell can be heard blaming his fellow officers for releasing the dog.

“God damn, guys, you gotta f**king tell me!” he yelled. But Mitchell didn’t give the other officers any time to tell him before letting loose the dog.

“The last forearm, the guy didn’t have anything left but bone,” Mitchell can be heard telling other officers in an apparent attempt to downplay the severity of what he just did.

On the dashcam one officer can be heard saying that their response to this incident of mistaking a man and his daughter for a completely different looking man was “solid” and it could’ve been much worse.

“All that happened was totally solid. Just a sh*tty set of circumstances that all rolled into — what could’ve been much worse. So just get that whole timeline out there,” the officer said.

After the incident, Mitchell and Doerak were taken off the street as a routine practice, similar to that of officer-involved shootings. However, since then, Doerak and Mitchell have been released back to regular duty.

For the purposeful mauling of their infant daughter, the city of Henderson agreed to pay the family a whopping $13,000 to settle their claim. But the family is unable to get the $8,537.69 (amount after legal fees) without a court order.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/horrifying-video-shows-cops-sic-k-9-infant-daughter-man-mistook-suspect/

Original article and video here:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/confusion-language-barrier-contribute-henderson-police-dog-biting-child-video

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2668 on: December 30, 2015, 09:19:35 AM »
A witness told police the assailant had apparently gotten into a red SUV in the parking lot.

But in fact, that SUV belonged to Arenas-Alvarez, who worked at the Baja Fresh in the shopping center and had just pulled into the spot with his baby daughter in the backseat.

At first, officers couldn't tell whether anyone was in the SUV. Then they saw movement.

Mitchell, who was driving to the scene, can be heard on the radio telling other officers: "Stand by a couple of minutes. K9-1 is about two minutes out."

The officers who were already there used the public address system to order anyone in the car to roll down the windows and stick his arms out.

Arenas-Alvarez didn't appear to understand, but stepped out of the car and — guided by one officer's rudimentary Spanish — walked toward the officers.

Immediately, police could see he was not their slim 6-foot-1-inch suspect, reported to be wearing a black and tan T-shirt.

"That's not him, dude. That's not a black man in a black shirt," one officer said to another. (Most of the officers are not identified in the videos.)

The officers politely reassured Arenas-Alvarez things were fine, with one telling him: "They thought that you were involved in a robbery. You don't look like the person, so it's OK now, OK?"

Meanwhile, Mitchell had arrived on the scene with his dog, Doerak. Officers were heading toward the SUV, guns drawn, to search it, but Mitchell called them off.

Another PA announcement was heard: "Anybody inside that car, stand up now ... sending a police dog in."

Arenas-Alvarez didn't understand what was happening until it was too late. As he slowly started to tell the officers he had seen the man they might be looking for, Mitchell released the dog.

Stupid on the part of the K9 officer to send the dog in at that point. I suspect that while they didn't believe Alvarez to be the actual  suspect they didn't rule out that the suspect got into the vehicle and wanted to confirm that either way. Had the 2 officers continued up they would have seen the child but they were called off to wait for the K9 to clear it which in most cases, is the safest route. The lack of questioning by the officer of Alvarez as to if there was anybody else in the vehicle with him is the primary failure. It is a standard question for that scenario.  The lack of communication due to language played a part but an attempt should have been made. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2669 on: January 03, 2016, 12:18:17 PM »
You Could be Killed for Doing What this Drunk Cop Did – Instead, He’s Let Go and Given an Apology

The next time you see a dozen cops pummel a man suspected of a DUI, remember that this is how they treat their own.

Poulsbo, WA — Instead of simply doing their jobs, officers exposed the blatant double standard between themselves and ordinary citizens by refusing to arrest a deputy who admitted to driving drunk on body cam video after vomiting on himself. Although the cops had probable cause to arrest the inebriated deputy, one of the officers shut off her body camera while apparently discussing how to cover up the embarrassing incident with the police chief.

At 9:25 p.m. on October 16, Poulsbo Officer Danielle Branes responded to a call from a movie theater employee about an intoxicated man sitting in his car ignoring suggestions from passersby not to drive drunk. Immediately after approaching Sheriff’s Sgt. Jim Porter, Officer Branes informed the deputy that she could smell alcohol on his breath. Although Branes offered to give her colleague a ride home, Sgt. Porter refused her help and waited until she left the parking lot before driving home drunk. After asking the theater employees to call 911 if they saw Porter attempting to drive, Branes reported that Porter was “totally wasted.”

Around 11:10 p.m., a theater employee called 911 to report Porter’s vehicle leaving the parking lot. Responding to the call, Poulsbo Officer Jennifer Corn and Reserve Officer Joshua Krebs arrived at Porter’s home to find him sitting in the driver’s seat of his vehicle. While slurring his speech and refusing to wait patiently, Porter ordered the officers to “go away.”

Officer Corn responded, “I, I wish I could. I can’t.”

Later on in the video, Corn informed Porter, “I just came to make sure you made it home, but seeing you in the vehicle I had to check on you. I’m wishing I hadn’t, but now I’m stuck.”

“No, you’re not stuck, Jen,” Porter retorted.

“I am, because somebody saw you drive out of there,” Corn replied.

“No, we’re good,” asserted Porter.

“You’re drunk,” Corn observed.

“Yeah,” stated Porter.

“And you just drove here from…from the theater,” Corn noted.

“Yes…two miles,” admitted Porter.

“Yup, I know,” acknowledged Corn. “And I’m really hoping that there’s nothing in the law that will stick here.”

According to Corn and Krebs, Porter had vomited on himself and clearly appeared drunk. After repeatedly attempting to walk away, Porter was forced to remain near his vehicle while waiting for Sheriff’s Sgt. Scott Dickson and Poulsbo Chief Al Townsend to arrive. Instead of administering field sobriety tests or conducting further questioning about his admitted DUI, the officers stood with Porter in awkward silence for nearly 20 minutes while waiting for their bosses.

During this time, Porter did several things that would have gotten a normal citizen, tasered, handcuffed, beaten, or killed. Getting out of the car when told not to, repeatedly putting hands in pockets, and refusing to obey the officers’ commands have proven to be death sentences for otherwise completely innocent people.

Immediately after Chief Townsend’s arrival, Corn informed her boss that she was shutting off her body camera before discussing the details of Porter’s DUI and subsequent detention. Instead of ordering Corn to leave the video running, Townsend allowed his subordinate to shut off her camera in order to secretly devise how to let Porter off the hook without arresting him.

Instead of chastising Porter for driving drunk and endangering lives, Corn apologetically whimpered at Porter, “I…I’m just gonna be straight to up for you…with you, because I respect you. Um, right now, we have the reasonable suspicion to detain you. Ok? But we don’t, at this time, have probable cause for your arrest. Ok?”

After obtaining the body cam video and police report from the city through a public records request, the Kitsap Sun also discovered that Corn never asked Porter to perform any sobriety tests, take a field Breathalyzer, search his car, or inform him of his Miranda rights before conducting further questioning after his initial confession. Although Corn claimed they did not have enough probable cause to arrest Porter, Sheriff’s Sgt. Jim McDonough disagreed with her assessment.

“Poulsbo PD did not conduct an investigation into whether Sgt. Porter was under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs to establish probable cause for violation of (the state’s driving under the influence law) even though it appears that they had probable cause to do so,” wrote Sheriff’s Sgt. Jim McDonough on December 24. “An exact determination of Sgt. Porter’s blood alcohol/drug content when he was contacted by Poulsbo (police) cannot be determined. Based on the video alone, it is apparent that Sgt. Porter is impaired.”

Eleven days prior to the incident, Porter rear-ended a car waiting to make a left turn at an intersection at 8 a.m. on October 5. He returned to work on November 11, after learning that no criminal charges would be filed against him.

“Her (Corn’s) decision to call out her supervisors and the KCSO supervisor only go to reinforce that she made no effort to provide any special treatment to Porter, and in fact, suggests that he was treated with more scrutiny than an average citizen would be,” Chief Townsend wrote.

Obviously lying, Townsend has ignored the fact that he allowed Corn to turn her body camera off during a crucial point in the investigation, while she repeatedly cowered before an inebriated suspect covered in his own vomit — who told her he’d been drinking. According to defense attorney Linda Callahan, it was “ridiculous” that Corn did not arrest Porter.

“I would think she is derelict in her duty for not,” Callahan explained. “I defend these people, I’m not going to be leading the race to get this guy convicted, he needs help, but this is a case of the blue wall. They protect each other.”

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-refuse-arrest-deputy-admitted-driving-drunk-body-cam-video/

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2670 on: January 03, 2016, 04:03:38 PM »
You Could be Killed for Doing What this Drunk Cop Did – Instead, He’s Let Go and Given an Apology

The next time you see a dozen cops pummel a man suspected of a DUI, remember that this is how they treat their own.

Poulsbo, WA — Instead of simply doing their jobs, officers exposed the blatant double standard between themselves and ordinary citizens by refusing to arrest a deputy who admitted to driving drunk on body cam video after vomiting on himself. Although the cops had probable cause to arrest the inebriated deputy, one of the officers shut off her body camera while apparently discussing how to cover up the embarrassing incident with the police chief.

At 9:25 p.m. on October 16, Poulsbo Officer Danielle Branes responded to a call from a movie theater employee about an intoxicated man sitting in his car ignoring suggestions from passersby not to drive drunk. Immediately after approaching Sheriff’s Sgt. Jim Porter, Officer Branes informed the deputy that she could smell alcohol on his breath. Although Branes offered to give her colleague a ride home, Sgt. Porter refused her help and waited until she left the parking lot before driving home drunk. After asking the theater employees to call 911 if they saw Porter attempting to drive, Branes reported that Porter was “totally wasted.”

Around 11:10 p.m., a theater employee called 911 to report Porter’s vehicle leaving the parking lot. Responding to the call, Poulsbo Officer Jennifer Corn and Reserve Officer Joshua Krebs arrived at Porter’s home to find him sitting in the driver’s seat of his vehicle. While slurring his speech and refusing to wait patiently, Porter ordered the officers to “go away.”

Officer Corn responded, “I, I wish I could. I can’t.”

Later on in the video, Corn informed Porter, “I just came to make sure you made it home, but seeing you in the vehicle I had to check on you. I’m wishing I hadn’t, but now I’m stuck.”

“No, you’re not stuck, Jen,” Porter retorted.

“I am, because somebody saw you drive out of there,” Corn replied.

“No, we’re good,” asserted Porter.

“You’re drunk,” Corn observed.

“Yeah,” stated Porter.

“And you just drove here from…from the theater,” Corn noted.

“Yes…two miles,” admitted Porter.

“Yup, I know,” acknowledged Corn. “And I’m really hoping that there’s nothing in the law that will stick here.”

According to Corn and Krebs, Porter had vomited on himself and clearly appeared drunk. After repeatedly attempting to walk away, Porter was forced to remain near his vehicle while waiting for Sheriff’s Sgt. Scott Dickson and Poulsbo Chief Al Townsend to arrive. Instead of administering field sobriety tests or conducting further questioning about his admitted DUI, the officers stood with Porter in awkward silence for nearly 20 minutes while waiting for their bosses.

During this time, Porter did several things that would have gotten a normal citizen, tasered, handcuffed, beaten, or killed. Getting out of the car when told not to, repeatedly putting hands in pockets, and refusing to obey the officers’ commands have proven to be death sentences for otherwise completely innocent people.

Immediately after Chief Townsend’s arrival, Corn informed her boss that she was shutting off her body camera before discussing the details of Porter’s DUI and subsequent detention. Instead of ordering Corn to leave the video running, Townsend allowed his subordinate to shut off her camera in order to secretly devise how to let Porter off the hook without arresting him.

Instead of chastising Porter for driving drunk and endangering lives, Corn apologetically whimpered at Porter, “I…I’m just gonna be straight to up for you…with you, because I respect you. Um, right now, we have the reasonable suspicion to detain you. Ok? But we don’t, at this time, have probable cause for your arrest. Ok?”

After obtaining the body cam video and police report from the city through a public records request, the Kitsap Sun also discovered that Corn never asked Porter to perform any sobriety tests, take a field Breathalyzer, search his car, or inform him of his Miranda rights before conducting further questioning after his initial confession. Although Corn claimed they did not have enough probable cause to arrest Porter, Sheriff’s Sgt. Jim McDonough disagreed with her assessment.

“Poulsbo PD did not conduct an investigation into whether Sgt. Porter was under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs to establish probable cause for violation of (the state’s driving under the influence law) even though it appears that they had probable cause to do so,” wrote Sheriff’s Sgt. Jim McDonough on December 24. “An exact determination of Sgt. Porter’s blood alcohol/drug content when he was contacted by Poulsbo (police) cannot be determined. Based on the video alone, it is apparent that Sgt. Porter is impaired.”

Eleven days prior to the incident, Porter rear-ended a car waiting to make a left turn at an intersection at 8 a.m. on October 5. He returned to work on November 11, after learning that no criminal charges would be filed against him.

“Her (Corn’s) decision to call out her supervisors and the KCSO supervisor only go to reinforce that she made no effort to provide any special treatment to Porter, and in fact, suggests that he was treated with more scrutiny than an average citizen would be,” Chief Townsend wrote.

Obviously lying, Townsend has ignored the fact that he allowed Corn to turn her body camera off during a crucial point in the investigation, while she repeatedly cowered before an inebriated suspect covered in his own vomit — who told her he’d been drinking. According to defense attorney Linda Callahan, it was “ridiculous” that Corn did not arrest Porter.

“I would think she is derelict in her duty for not,” Callahan explained. “I defend these people, I’m not going to be leading the race to get this guy convicted, he needs help, but this is a case of the blue wall. They protect each other.”

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-refuse-arrest-deputy-admitted-driving-drunk-body-cam-video/

Is it any wonder why people hate pigs?

Gutless cowards are probably scared that they will be looked down upon by their fellow criminal pig brethren....  The ass kissing  swine should be fired, along with the drunkard pig....

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2671 on: January 03, 2016, 05:07:59 PM »
Chicago Cops Say Keeping Evidence of Misconduct Puts Cops in Danger – So They’re Destroying It

With protesters thronging the streets of Chicago demanding police accountability and clamoring for the resignation of Mayor Rahm Emanuel, the city’s police union is frantically trying to destroy decades of records documenting police misconduct. As is always the case, the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) sees “officer safety” as the highest priority – including protection from legal accountability.

“I protect all my members, and I will continue to do that,” Dean Angelo, president of the Chicago FOP, explained to CNN.

An injunction filed by the FOP insists that preserving those records violates Section 8.4 of its bargaining agreement with the City of Chicago. That provision specifies that all files of misconduct investigations and officer disciplinary histories “will be destroyed five (5) years after the date of the incident or the date upon which the violation is discovered, whichever is longer, except that not sustained files alleging criminal conduct or excessive force shall be retained for a period of seven (7) years after the date of the incident or the date upon which the violation is discovered, whichever is longer….”

Once that deadline passes, the episode of excessive force or other misconduct “cannot be used against the Officer in any future proceedings in any other forum” unless it deals with a matter subject to litigation during the five year period or “unless a pattern of sustained infractions exists.” This element of the bargaining agreement creates an incentive for the police department to delay, obstruct, and obfuscate investigations of misconduct and abuse complaints until the deadline expires – and to keep the process opaque to the public.

“Basically, they bargained away transparency and accountability,” points out Chicago University Law Professor Craig Futterman, who is fighting in court to prevent the destruction of the officer misconduct records. “In a world where an incident like [the fatal police shooting of Laquan McDonald] happens and the public statements are `Deny, deny, deny,’ and then close off and circle the wagons, and then a code of silence and an exoneration at the end of the day – in that system, you cannot create public trust,” Futterman explained to the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin.

Futterman, who founded Chicago University’s Civil Rights and Police Accountability Project, has spent fifteen years trying to end the official impunity of police officers. Chicago, Futterman told the Sun-Times, “is the capital of the code of silence.”

Working with independent journalist Jamie Kalven, Futterman was able to exhume the video of the McDonald shooting and the autopsy report showing that he had been shot sixteen times – evidence that completely contradicted the official account that described the shooting as “self-defense.” Jason Van Dyke, the officer who shot McDonald, has been charged with first-degree murder, an all but unprecedented development involving an on-duty police shooting in Chicago.

Through freedom of information requests, Futterman has also pried loose a small portion of the disciplinary files, which are available in an online database. The records Futterman seeks to preserve date back to 1967, and cover decades of corruption and abuse, including the now-notorious Jon Burge torture scandal and the unlawful detentions, interrogations, and abuse of citizens at the Homan Square “black site.” The FOP-negotiated contract requiring the destruction of records after five years went into effect on July 1, 2012 – and it is by no means clear that it applies retroactively to misconduct cases that occurred prior to that agreement. The FOP is essentially seeking to re-litigate the agreement for the purpose of obstructing an ongoing Justice Department investigation into the Chicago PD.

Although FOP President Angelo pouts that “I don’t understand why a 77-year-old retirees’ complaint in 1967 needs to be on a database,” the records his union seeks to destroy include disciplinary histories directly relevant to very recent incidents of excessive force.

According to CNN, “a search for Jason Van Dyke, the officer charged with the first-degree murder in the killing of Laquan McDonald, shows that he had 19 complaints before he fatally shot the teen, including 10 for use of force. The officer who shot and killed Cedrick Chatman has 30 complaints in the system, including 10 for use of force. None of the complaints, for either officer, resulted in disciplinary action. Van Dyke’s attorney says his client feared for his life in his encounter with McDonald. The Chatman shooting was ruled justified.”

Preserving the records, and making them publicly accessible, could help identify officers who pose potential threats to the public they supposedly serve. The FOP, in keeping with its long-established priorities, is more concerned about preserving blue privilege.

One measure of the depth and extent of the official privilege enjoyed by Chicago police officers is offered by the case of former CPD Command Jon Burge, who tortured and otherwise abused more than 100 Chicago residents over the course of three decades. Several innocent people were imprisoned on the basis of confessions extracted by Burge through torture – including the use of electric shocks, beatings, and suffocation with plastic bags. Last April, Mayor Emanuel approved a $5.5 million dollar reparations package for Burge’s victims. Even as city taxpayers absorbed the cost of Burge’s crimes, they continued to pay his pension: Despite being convicted in federal court for perjury and imprisoned in 2010, Burge continued to receive his $4,000-a-month pension.

Some of Burge’s erstwhile comrades in torture are still under investigation – and the documents necessary to continue that probe would be fed into a shredder if the FOP prevails in court. Those records most likely would also contain information about the Chicago PD’s off-the-records interrogation facility at Homan Square, a CIA-style “black site” where thousands of people were detained without cause and interrogated without constitutionally mandated access to an attorney, reports the Guardian of London.

An estimated 82 percent of the 7,000 people who were arrested and illegally held at Homan Square are black. Angel Perez, who was chained to a metal bar in a second-floor interrogation room at the facility in October 2012, alleges that he was sodomized with a metallic object by officers who taunted him with threats of prison rape if he didn’t cooperate. During a December 15 hearing before the Cook County Commission, several other detainees described being denied access to lawyers and being pressured to become police informants.

“There they interrogated me, asking me things that I had no idea about, for murder and things of that nature,” testified Kory Wright. “And I sat in that room, and they turned the temperature up and I was zip-tied to a bench.”

This Gitmo-style “rendition” site operated under Rahm Emanuel’s tenure, and it features very prominently in the accumulating demands for his resignation. With protests growing in intensity, the Mayor under political siege, and the police department desperately seeking to destroy evidence of long-festering corruption and misconduct, Chicago’s municipal government is beginning to look like an authoritarian dictatorship in the throes of a terminal crisis – Tehran circa 1978, perhaps, or Romania in December 1989.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/chicago-cops-keeping-evidence-misconduct-puts-cops-danger-destroying/

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2672 on: January 04, 2016, 07:20:28 AM »
AUSTIN (KXAN) — An Austin Police Department officer is on administrative leave following a DWI arrest last week.

According to Austin police, Officer Albert Arevalo, 37, was arrested by fellow APD officers on suspicions of DWI on Friday. Per APD policy, Arevalo has been placed on administrative leave while the incident is investigated.

According to data from the City of Austin, Arevalo has been employed with APD since May 2008.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2673 on: January 04, 2016, 07:21:43 AM »
AUSTIN (KXAN) – An Austin police officer has lost his job under Police Chief Art Acevedo’s zero tolerance policy for Austin Police Department officers involved in DWIs. A disciplinary memo shows Ofc. Albert Arevalo had blood alcohol levels of .175 and .178 after he submitted to breath and blood tests – more than twice the legal limit.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2674 on: January 04, 2016, 01:37:50 PM »
It's Good to see Texas are Doing the right thing in this particular case.

If only all state police departments would do the right thing when
Dealing with their wrong doing cops.

There would be less Disrespect, Distrust & a better standard of Policing.