Author Topic: The 50 highest-earning American athletes  (Read 5175 times)

Red Hook

• Getbig V
The 50 highest-earning American athletes
« on: July 22, 2010, 04:06:45 AM »
Obervations1

1. I didn't see Phil Heath on the list.
2. Why is Matthew Stafford the highest paid NFL player..the Rookie scale thing needs to be in place asap
3. No NHL or MLS player
4. No MMA athlete made the list.
5. AROD made close to zero from endorsement, clearly his star has fallen
6. Tom Brady should be on that list.
7. Michael Jordan qualifies for the list except that he is retired.
8. No NFL running back will ever make this list.
9. I wonder if Usain Bolt would make the last if he was American.
10. AJ  Burnett sucks
11. Steven Straussberg will make this list someday.
12. No tennis players..odd

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/specials/fortunate50-2010/index.html
I

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
Re: The 50 highest-earning American athletes
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 06:01:54 AM »
Good list. I figured at least Rampage, Brock,Dex or Jay would be on there  ::)  ;D

Clearly a wake up call for all the MMA and BBing fan boys.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 06:05:59 AM »
Obervations1

2. Why is Matthew Stafford the highest paid NFL player..the Rookie scale thing needs to be in place asap
3. No NHL or MLS player
10. AJ  Burnett sucks

agreed.

its getting to the point where teams no longer want top pick in the draft.
b

spinnis

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 06:12:49 AM »
Good list. I figured at least Rampage, Brock,Dex or Jay would be on there  ::)  ;D

Clearly a wake up call for all the MMA and BBing fan boys.

MMA is a Very VERY new sport (as in when people started to notice it) so its no wonder at all why no mma guy is there.. Within a few years there will be though.

And what do you mean BB fanboys? did anyone claim that any bodybuilder would make that list?  ??? I dont recall anyone claiming such a thing? or are you just talking out of your ass?

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 06:28:09 AM »
we bodybuilders make money to train, not train to make money, because people just don't understand!!!! if moAH people would DHO id!! then moah pip'l would lAehk id!!!

sory for the austrian accent all of a sudden *cough*...

well... bb is a ... gay parade, but thankfully I did look into bodybuilding only for ONE reason. I know ALOT about nutrition and training... maby more than some scholarships who write 1000000 pages how to take protein in the morning and night  ::)... bodybuilding has given me great knowledge about vitamins, proteins, carbs, recovery, over training, blablabla....

other than that it's gross....

mma? interesting to watch... but I'd rather watch balley or gymnastics... unless it's brock lesnar/rampage/rashad... other than that, meh.

io856

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 06:29:56 AM »

well... bb is a ... gay parade, but thankfully I did look into bodybuilding only for ONE reason. I know ALOT about nutrition and training... maby more than some scholarships who write 1000000 pages how to take protein in the morning and night  ::)... bodybuilding has given me great knowledge about vitamins, proteins, carbs, recovery, over training, blablabla....

other than that it's gross....

mma? interesting to watch... but I'd rather watch balley or gymnastics... unless it's brock lesnar/rampage/rashad... other than that, meh.

embrace it for what it is...

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 06:32:34 AM »

embrace it for what it is...

oh YEAH!!!

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 06:45:08 AM »
MMA is a Very VERY new sport (as in when people started to notice it) so its no wonder at all why no mma guy is there.. Within a few years there will be though.

And what do you mean BB fanboys? did anyone claim that any bodybuilder would make that list?  ??? I dont recall anyone claiming such a thing? or are you just talking out of your ass?

LOL no they wont! If anything that "sport" is on it's way down the tubes.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 07:03:25 AM »
Another list I haven't made.  :'(

spinnis

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 07:08:44 AM »
LOL no they wont! If anything that "sport" is on it's way down the tubes.

why do people even bother posting about stuff they dont have a clue about?

Im not even gonna bother explaining.

saying something is going down the tubes without any sign of decline at all But a Massive sign of its getter bigger.....

only on getbig.

spinnis

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 07:09:56 AM »
from now on Im just gonna respond with a "no" to all these retarded ass posts

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 07:15:58 AM »
Another list I haven't made.  :'(

I'm gonna make a list of Getbiggers who've never been in a Getbig list - will give you a top 3 slot ;D

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 07:35:59 AM »
Mathew Stafford??????

WTF

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 08:40:43 AM »
why do people even bother posting about stuff they dont have a clue about?

Im not even gonna bother explaining.

saying something is going down the tubes without any sign of decline at all But a Massive sign of its getter bigger.....

only on getbig.

I like you little brother Swede so I will explain to you why it is a joke and will not last.

Every other sport represented (other than nascar) on the top 10 list off athletes is either:

1) An NCAA sport- basketball, baseball, golf, football,
2) An Olympic Sport- Boxing

MMA is a rag tag bunch of misfits who couldn't cut it in boxing, football, or wrestling. Typically guys with a chip on their shoulder. They still have "something to prove" They literally "support" the industry not only as participants but also fans (such as you).

Take a moment and think of the type guys you see wearing tap out and monarchy shit. Shaved heads, covered in tats, go-tees, juiced up, no college degres, low level jobs ( if any).

Boxing , even though on the decline still is in a totally diff galaxy with reguards to the size of purse offered to fighters.

Hope this clears things up.

spinnis

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 08:44:48 AM »
I like you little brother Swede so I will explain to you why it is a joke and will not last.

Every other sport represented (other than nascar) on the top 10 list off athletes is either:

MMA is a rag tag bunch of misfits who couldn't cut it in boxing, football, or wrestling. Typically guys with a chip on their shoulder. They still have "something to prove" They literally "support" the industry not only as participants but also fans (such as you).

Take a moment and think of the type guys you see wearing tap out and monarchy shit. Shaved heads, go-tees, juiced up, no college degres, low level jobs ( if any).

Boxing , even though on the decline still is in a totally diff galaxy with reguards to the size of purse offered to fighters.

No its a bunch of fucking nonsene from someone who apparently knows nothing and havent watched mma at all because hey "its gay"

So show me PROOF of the decline you're so sure of? doesn't matter who the fucking fans are as long as there are FANS.

UFC has sold out every arena they have Ever been in. Big PPV rating on every damn show.  Going from nothing to a billion dollars company within a few years.

So once again, show me some PROOF not your "expert opinions" about the fans and the fighters which you klnow nothing about ??? ???

...oh thats right you cant. which proved once again that Im right.

I dont know why I bother

"MMA is a rag tag bunch of misfits who couldn't cut it in boxing, football, or wrestling."

Maby the olympic wrestlers and olympic alternatives in UFC might DISSAGREE?!?! OOps did I just prove you Complety 100% wrong?! considiring peopel that have wrestled at the olympic level is the best in the world yes? dumbass

just stop.  ...its even the fastest growing sport in america today. Look it up and then shut your mouth again.

you're the typical Know nothing but claim to know everything mma expert that hasn't even watched a single fight. We have alot guys like you on getbig sadly.

and this is the last explination Im gonna bother doing. Because discussion mma with someone who doesn't know anything At all is just plain pointless.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 08:52:37 AM »

Take a moment and think of the type guys you see wearing tap out and monarchy shit. Shaved heads, covered in tats, go-tees, juiced up, no college degres, low level jobs ( if any).

MMA douchebags aren't the only ones who follow and support MMA. You're cleary biased or just kinda dumb. Or  both. I'll imagine both.

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 09:25:01 AM »

QF Motherfuckin truth.
I dont like twinks.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 10:12:31 AM »
Stafford and anyone in the Detroit backfield will never be worth shit until the lions get a decent offensive line.
You Can't Do It!!!

dc8pack

• Getbig II
  • Back in 82, I could throw a pigskin a quarter mile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 10:16:53 AM »
Leave it to Dan Snyder to have multiple players on that list (Haynesworth and Hall).....fuckin' Skins!! If that list was to include international athletes, I wonder where Federer, Ronaldo, Beckham, etc. would be?

You will never see an MMA athlete anywhere near a list like this.....ever.

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 10:24:14 AM »
Obervations1

3. No NHL or MLS player
10. AJ  Burnett sucks

Floyd Mayweather is number 3.
He accumulates over $60million per year.
....YET only earns $250 grand in endorsements...I suggest he fire his manager ASAP!!! lol

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 10:25:15 AM »
Another key component is that the MMA fan boys will take it VERY PERSONAL if you make a dig on MMA. For what ever reason they get very offended.

Why is this? I will tell you why, because it is their identity! Latching onto MMA by watching PAY-Per view fights, wearing the Tap out shit, shaved head , talking about diff fighting styles ( but never actually practicing them ) gives them a sense of identity.

Since many of these types have a low self esteem, "short mans complex" or chip on their shoulder, the Bad ass tuff guy , brusier persona that goes along with the MMA industry serves its purpose by giviing these wanna bees something to cling to. They adopt it as their M.O. , their identity, what people know them as, etc. In the end Resulting is a pathetic , silly joke of a person.

Thats why when I stated several facts about MMA Swede and James Blunt got so angry, they took it as a personal insult because to take a shot at MMA is discrediting their own identity.

It is what it is.

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 10:27:40 AM »
Leave it to Dan Snyder to have multiple players on that list (Haynesworth and Hall).....fuckin' Skins!! If that list was to include international athletes, I wonder where Federer, Ronaldo, Beckham, etc. would be?

You will never see an MMA athlete anywhere near a list like this.....ever.

I was thinking the same...add to that, Lewis Hamilton.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 10:30:21 AM »
I was thinking the same...add to that, Lewis Hamilton.

Some of the best club team soccer player get traded for monies well over $100mill
You Can't Do It!!!

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 10:41:43 AM »
I'm gonna make a list of Getbiggers who've never been in a Getbig list - will give you a top 3 slot ;D

Kiwi your so modest...

spinnis

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2010, 12:12:20 PM »
Another key component is that the MMA fan boys will take it VERY PERSONAL if you make a dig on MMA. For what ever reason they get very offended.

lol @ you ignoring the fact that I owned every single "claim" you made haha.

move along troll! haha