Author Topic: NO BULLSHIT TRAINING THREAD..........JUST TRAINING !  (Read 358994 times)

tatoo

• Getbig IV
Re: NO BULLSHIT TRAINING THREAD..........JUST TRAINING !
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2023, 07:17:01 AM »
June 06, 2023

Chest,Back,Traps:

Smith Inclines - 5 sets
DB Flyes - 3 sets
Seated Machine Bench Press - 2 sets

Lat Pulldowns - 4 sets
Seated Cable Rows - 4 sets
Straight-Arm Pulldowns - 2 sets

DB Shrugs - 2 sets

Good one!!  8)

yeeesssssss!

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2023, 07:18:12 AM »
My back has been going out on my for decades and in a week or so it would be fine again,then in a month or two the same deal.....wash,rinse,repeat.

I used to fold a small handtowel in a square and wear it on my left side under my lifting belt......seemed to help a lot.

This time......a straight month of fucking agony.

The looser and warmer I get as the day goes on,it seems to dissipate a bit but early in the day I have to use my hands on my quads to slowly push myself into an upright position.......moving my hands higher each time until I`m upright.....at times I`m walking hunched over for short periods in the early AM.

If I miss a step or take a false step in grass or something.........instan t knifelike pain.

No hyperextension machine at my gym.......did light stiff-legged yesterday.....I WILL NEVER squat again.

I re-habbed it once with a reverse hyper machine but I`m at a different gym now....hopefully it`ll pop back in........feels like a slipped disc or a pinched nerve.

Anyway ,that`s about the size of it.

Hi wes!  I was at physical therapy yesterday and they said part of my program will include one of those upside down tables.  Have you ever done that?  I have not but I guess I am going to be after a few more weeks of them "manipulating" my dumb leg and my spine.   

I know you can do this brother!  Getting old(er) isn't for the sissy-set, LOL!   It takes hard work to stay healthy but you've got a lifetime of knowledge with you so you are ahead of most of us!  Knock it out of the park, my friend!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2023, 07:20:02 AM »
Great movement but so uncomfortable for me. The way it pushes on my stomach and exhausts me endurance wise. I get even a bit of anxiety/panic sometimes. You'd think someone who like brutal deads could at least do a set or two of hypers at the end of a deadlift session, but I keep putting it off, the machine looks so unappealing haha.

Standing curls are the same way, I'm completely exhausted by the ab bracing.
That is pretty strange.

We had a great machine at the other gym......I started humbly with a 25 pound plate and eventually worked up to around 170 pounds for 5 reps or so IIRC.............back felt great.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2023, 07:22:17 AM »
Hi wes!  I was at physical therapy yesterday and they said part of my program will include one of those upside down tables.  Have you ever done that?  I have not but I guess I am going to be after a few more weeks of them "manipulating" my dumb leg and my spine.   

I know you can do this brother!  Getting old(er) isn't for the sissy-set, LOL!   It takes hard work to stay healthy but you've got a lifetime of knowledge with you so you are ahead of most of us!  Knock it out of the park, my friend!

Thanks Scott,I`m sure it will pass,if not I`m a pro at working around injuries.

No I never tried one of those Inversion Tables but they look great for decompressing the spine.

Best of luck as always my brother!  ;)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2023, 07:38:11 AM »

No I never tried one of those Inversion Tables but the look great for decompressing the spine.

So the just training thread has turned into old men crying about back problems you may be a pro at working around injuries but you sure as fuck are not training for a pro card

38 returns

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig! BRIAN HANKINS IS TOO SCARED TO PHONE ME
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2023, 07:39:43 AM »
So the just training thread has turned into old men crying about back problems you may be a pro at working around injuries but you sure as fuck are not training for a pro card

did you need oxygen after your 4 sets of leg curls mr 25 inch toothpicks?
B

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2023, 07:58:12 AM »
HEY FUCKHEAD,CAN`T WE HAVE ONE SERIOUS THREAD WITHOUT YOU FUCKING IT UP?

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT TRAINING ARE WE NOT?

OH YEAH...........GO FUCK YOURSELF!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2023, 07:59:41 AM »
did you need oxygen after your 4 sets of leg curls mr 25 inch toothpicks?
I missed an entire month of training and I`m doing tons more work than him already........let me stop,before I wreck the thread.

Guy`s a fucking dickhead.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2023, 08:00:35 AM »

Its what he does pal

Hes going to signlehandedly kill this forum

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2023, 08:02:14 AM »
Its what he does pal

Hes going to signlehandedly kill this forum
He`s intentionally ruining the thread most likely because it`s not about him.

ATTENTION WHORE OF PEACE

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2023, 08:25:22 AM »

You are not you are whining about your back to the other old fuck Scott who also doesn’t train you sure as fuck are not training for a procard you are talking about inversion therapy you going to write about how your doctors recommended water aerobics to you next and claim you are training hard for a pro card

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2023, 08:25:38 AM »
You are not you are whining about your back to the other old fuck Scott who also doesn’t train you sure as fuck are not training for a procard you are talking about inversion therapy you going to write about how your doctors recommended water aerobics to you next and claim you are training hard for a pro card

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2023, 08:26:24 AM »
I missed an entire month of training and I`m doing tons more work than him already........let me stop,before I wreck the thread.

Guy`s a fucking dickhead.

You train once  every couple weeks then realize you are an old man and have to take a month off how the fuck is that training for a pro card?  You don’t even have a gym membership

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2023, 08:26:53 AM »
You train to nice every couple weeks then realize you are an old man and have to take a month off how the fuck is that training for a pro card?  You don’t even have a gym membership

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2023, 09:17:48 AM »

Inversion tables are not all that great.   Considering that 60% of your bodyweight is from the top of your head to your waist (90% in Bhanks case), why load the lower lumbar disks with this kind of weight....even if 30deg off vertical for minutes at a time.  People can't even stretch for 30 seconds...now your asking the ligaments (anterior and posterior longitudinal, interspinous and supra spinous, transverse and intertransverse, and finally ligamentum flavum) to be put in a stretch like that?  Also, if there is any facet arthrosis, your asking the joint capsule to tolerate something like that?  Its no wonder those things can be bought on craigslist for like $50.

Loading and unloading in short periods has been shown to be best.  Slow eccentric movements is also one of the best things for the ligaments and tendons that have taken a beating, especially in the lower back.

Depending on what you have, extension based exercises may not be the best either.  People with lower back issues predominantly have WEAK transverse abdominus muscles.  Today people have become "chest breathers"....we are meant to breath from diaphragm.  Easiest way of engaging the TA is this:

Lay on your stomach...when you breath in gently PUSH the belly button into the ground.  When breathing out, gently pull the belly button BACK towards the spine.  NOT suck your stomach in...but engage and feel the belly button retract.  Do this for 20 breaths....rinse and repeat.

Wes, also do some static holds of squats with chest up....grab the edge of your sink....go down into squat and hold for 20 - 30 secs.  Do this 3 - 4 times.  Focus on pulling shoulder blades down towards hips and chest up.  Sounds stupid simple...but it does help

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2023, 09:44:03 AM »

No I never tried one of those Inversion Tables but the look great for decompressing the spine.

why not just make it so you dont get injured any longer?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2023, 10:16:47 AM »

why not just make it so you dont get injured any longer?
I`ve done just that,I no longer do  squats.

Trust me res,my form is perfect on all moves.

residue

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2023, 10:36:08 AM »
I`ve done just that,I no longer do  squats.

Trust me res,my form is perfect on all moves.

then you're doing the wrong moves if a miss step is causing you pain.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2023, 10:38:36 AM »

I have an inversion table, its great... I hold 20 pound d-bells also while im upside down for a nice mellow stretch...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2023, 10:40:14 AM »
Inversion tables are not all that great.   Considering that 60% of your bodyweight is from the top of your head to your waist (90% in Bhanks case), why load the lower lumbar disks with this kind of weight....even if 30deg off vertical for minutes at a time.  People can't even stretch for 30 seconds...now your asking the ligaments (anterior and posterior longitudinal, interspinous and supra spinous, transverse and intertransverse, and finally ligamentum flavum) to be put in a stretch like that?  Also, if there is any facet arthrosis, your asking the joint capsule to tolerate something like that?  Its no wonder those things can be bought on craigslist for like $50.

Loading and unloading in short periods has been shown to be best.  Slow eccentric movements is also one of the best things for the ligaments and tendons that have taken a beating, especially in the lower back.

Depending on what you have, extension based exercises may not be the best either.  People with lower back issues predominantly have WEAK transverse abdominus muscles.  Today people have become "chest breathers"....we are meant to breath from diaphragm.  Easiest way of engaging the TA is this:

Lay on your stomach...when you breath in gently PUSH the belly button into the ground.  When breathing out, gently pull the belly button BACK towards the spine.  NOT suck your stomach in...but engage and feel the belly button retract.  Do this for 20 breaths....rinse and repeat.

Wes, also do some static holds of squats with chest up....grab the edge of your sink....go down into squat and hold for 20 - 30 secs.  Do this 3 - 4 times.  Focus on pulling shoulder blades down towards hips and chest up.  Sounds stupid simple...but it does help
Thanks Krank,will do buddy!   :)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2023, 10:42:48 AM »

then you're doing the wrong moves if a miss step is causing you pain.
Yeah I squatted heavy (for me anyway) for years.....it`s just taken its toll over time IMO.

Throw in heavy rowing moves,deads,dead hang cleans,heavy pressing,etc. etc. and my current age and voila!!

Thanks for the input bro.

residue

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2023, 10:55:24 AM »
Yeah I squatted heavy (for me anyway) for years.....it`s just taken its toll over time IMO.

Throw in heavy rowing moves,deads,dead hang cleans,heavy pressing,etc. etc. and my current age and voila!!

Thanks for the input bro.

No worries, if you know, you know.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2023, 11:08:00 AM »

No worries, if you know, you know.
I`ll be looking into beginners stretching and rehab stuff on Google.......right now from lack of stretching for years,I feel like the fucking Tin Man from "The Wizard Of Oz"..................rusty joints that need oiling !  ;D

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2023, 11:25:43 AM »
arms

barbell curl (skinny bar) 6 sets
concent curl................4 sets

close grip...................6 sets
one arm cable pressdown..4 sets

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2023, 11:44:51 AM »
I`ll be looking into beginners stretching and rehab stuff on Google.......right now from lack of stretching for years,I feel like the fucking Tin Man from "The Wizard Of Oz"..................rusty joints that need oiling !  ;D

Stretching is for AFTER training....