Author Topic: Bulking and strength  (Read 2379 times)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Bulking and strength
« on: December 21, 2005, 02:52:41 PM »
For example if i was to add 15lbs in b/w over the next 5 weeks and trained hard. would i indeed notice a substantial or even noticeable increase in strength?

Is bulking worth it?

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Bulking and strength
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 03:53:58 PM »
I'D SUGGEST PROTEN SHAKES OR WEIGHTGAINER.   8)

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 04:03:30 PM »
SStrength and size go hand in hand. ;) 15lbs in 5 weeks? You goin on the sauce?

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 04:11:42 PM »
For example if i was to add 15lbs in b/w over the next 5 weeks and trained hard. would i indeed notice a substantial or even noticeable increase in strength?

Is bulking worth it?

15 pounds in five weeks, especially if you're a natural trainee, is a lot of weight to gain in that amount of time.  I'd guess a decent amount of it would be fat.  That said, I would imagine (if your training, etc is in order) that you'd gain a little strength. It's hard to say though, again considering we're only talking about a five week period of time, plus other factors as well.  Also, I'd shoot for one pound per week bodyweight increase, as much more than that will probably be fat.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 04:23:54 PM »
i get ya. i was just using 15lb as an example lol not goin on sauce. no bother. well ill post my pics on my thread on ics section as time goes on. i know ill lose my abs etc but ill gain a lot more strength

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 09:03:11 PM »
Take a lot of creatine, drink a lot of milk.  Taco bell and McGriddles.  Steak.  Bread. 

Lifts: Heavy.  compound movements.

sleep- more naps.

www.freecraigtitus.com

Keep everyone honest. Share it.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 09:30:35 PM »
If I were looking for mass at all costs, I'd do this...

Mon-HEAVY SQUATS, a little hams and calves
Wed-HEAVY BENCH, a little delts and tri's
Fri-HEAVY DEADLIFTS, a couple sets of rows and bi's

Keep pushing up the poundage. Do sets of 5, occasionally going even lower. Eat like a wild animal, but mostly clean foods with a little cheating. Drink 2 gallons of water a day. Get plenty of sleep and avoid unneccesary stress.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 12:40:49 PM »

Is bulking worth it?

Thats not  bulking, thats a road to obesity.....unless your an extreme easygainer or "on the sauce" as Loomis stated.  When I "bulk" over the winter, I gain around 20 lbs in body weight the WHOLE WINTER, well, September Through January.  Thats 20 weeks and I notice size and strenth gains.  So I look for about a pound a week, then when I cut I try and lose 2 lbs a week and usually i maintain my gains unless I diet too extreme.         

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 03:03:44 PM »
while strength and side DO go hand in hand, it is also possible to significantly increase your strength without gaining size.  If you have anxieties about bulking, rest assured that you do not need to in order to add strength...just make sure your lifts are intense and reasonably brief.
:-)

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 10:17:21 AM »
If you want to focus on strength give a PL routine a go...MANY powerlifters in the lighter classes stay in teh same class year after year while their lifts go up...

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 02:01:05 PM »
aye but i also want a wee bit more size too. thats thick look. i have been heavier slightly before but now i am stronger than i have ever been at even my light weight.

if 1 202 now by end of feb i would like to be 220, with abs still showing and about 15lbs more on each of my major lifts.