Author Topic: Atlantic Tropical Storm/Hurricane Formation Possible in Seven Days  (Read 758 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Looks like shit is about to hit the fan if this pans out

Atlantic Tropical Storm/Hurricane Formation Possible in Seven Days

By Alex Sosnowski, Expert Senior Meteorologist

Jun 21, 2010; 9:50 AM ET

Here is what Expert Joe Bastardi expects during the 2010 Atlantic Hurricane Season.

Judging by the overall weather pattern and ideas from several computer models, the odds are increasing for tropical cyclone formation in the western Atlantic Basin before the end of the month.

AccuWeather.com Hurricane and Long Range Expert Meteorologist Joe Bastardi assimilates the current weather pattern in the Atlantic Basin to a "tropical brew that is ready to boil over."

Water temperatures in the Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean and the Southwest Atlantic are already very warm, compared to normal.
Tropical waves of low pressure rolling westward from Africa are already very active and are progressively becoming more vigorous.

There is an abundance of showers and thunderstorms in the Caribbean, which represents plenty of "potential energy" for tropical cyclone formation.

Some computer models are developing one of the tropical waves that travel through the Caribbean later this week.
These models go so far as to spin up the first tropical storm of the Atlantic season. At least one of these models develops a hurricane over the Gulf of Mexico between the 28th and 30th.

This is not the official forecast by AccuWeather.com at this time, but rather one computer model's interpretation of the weather map for Tuesday, June 29, 2010. The yellow/green areas over the eastern Gulf of Mexico suggest a tropical storm or hurricane. AccuWeather.com Meteorologists will be be monitoring the situation very closely this week.

The first name on the 2010 list in the Atlantic is "Alex."

Another tropical system is forecast by computer models to take shape shortly thereafter in the vicinity of the Bahamas.

Bastardi has warned of the potential for 20 tropical cyclones in the Atlantic Basin this season. Tropical cyclones are tropical storms and hurricanes; in other words, named systems.

While the oil spill area and other coastal regions and islands will dodge some bullets, the odds of multiple tropical storms and/or hurricanes tracking over the oil spill and other locations are exceptionally high this year, due to the number of named systems expected.

Disruptions caused by multiple hurricanes to oil spill cleanup and containment operations are one matter, the potential damage and destruction to coastal areas from wind and storm surge near and well away from the oil slick, takes this season to a whole new level.

Residents, business owners and government officials need to have a plan of action for what may be an exceptional hurricane season.
C

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Atlantic Tropical Storm/Hurricane Formation Possible in Seven Days
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 05:44:18 AM »
This is the last straw SAMSON!  ;D

If this catastrophic event doesn't occur I swear to you that I'll never click on one of your threads again!!!!!!

p.s. Considering the fact that I'm white, and I sympathize with the Jews, do you hate me?  ???
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 05:48:53 AM »
Bastardi has a good track record in the past. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 05:49:32 AM »
Bastardi has a good track record in the past. 

Are you calling my friend Samson a bastard?  ???
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 05:51:24 AM »
Are you calling my friend Samson a bastard?  ???

Ha ha ha.  Joe Bastardi you joker!   ;D  ;D  ;D

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 09:51:33 AM »
This is the last straw SAMSON!  ;D

If this catastrophic event doesn't occur I swear to you that I'll never click on one of your threads again!!!!!!

p.s. Considering the fact that I'm white, and I sympathize with the Jews, do you hate me?  ???

Hahaha...you couldn't resist even if you wanted to...
(You're sorta like someone who just exited Gambler Anonymous and passes by a slot machine)

Eye says..... "I am gonna look past his posts on GB and I am not going to click to see what this one is about..."
Eye says..... "Nope..No matter how much I want to look I am not going to click on it..."
Eye says..... "I hate the guy's guts and I am not going to click that link no matter what..."
Eye says......"I am sure it is some shit for brains comment not worth reading"
Eye says......"Don't all you Getbiggers agree with me he posts bullshit?"
Eye Says .... "Fuck Samson and his posts"
Eye says..... Oh what the Fuck....CLICK...

C

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 02:20:49 PM »
Hahaha...you couldn't resist even if you wanted to...
(You're sorta like someone who just exited Gambler Anonymous and passes by a slot machine)

Eye says..... "I am gonna look past his posts on GB and I am not going to click to see what this one is about..."
Eye says..... "Nope..No matter how much I want to look I am not going to click on it..."
Eye says..... "I hate the guy's guts and I am not going to click that link no matter what..."
Eye says......"I am sure it is some shit for brains comment not worth reading"
Eye says......"Don't all you Getbiggers agree with me he posts bullshit?"
Eye Says .... "Fuck Samson and his posts"
Eye says..... Oh what the Fuck....CLICK...

hahaha... You're an enigma!

In one breath I'd have you banned if I could because of some of the despicable things you say, on the other hand, you post some interesting stuff and do know a thing or two about the world...

:-\
S

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 06:36:37 PM »
hahaha... You're an enigma!

In one breath I'd have you banned if I could because of some of the despicable things you say, on the other hand, you post some interesting stuff and do know a thing or two about the world...

:-\

Yep, that he is. I thought I had figured out his identity, but now I'm not so sure.  :-\
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 07:00:08 PM »
Yep, that he is. I thought I had figured out his identity, but now I'm not so sure.  :-\

Look in the mirror.   :o  :o

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 07:11:12 PM »
Look in the mirror.   :o  :o

Grow a brain!  ::)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V