Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764807 times)

SouJerz

• Getbig II
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #10625 on: March 18, 2024, 05:37:36 PM »
My car is still for sale, want to buy bitcoin with the money. People are trying to lowball me thats why I havent sold yet. I should have just sold at the first low ball offer months ago and put into bitcoin. I would have already been up more than 25k. Fucking shit.

try facebook marketplace might find someone gullible.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10626 on: March 18, 2024, 06:59:14 PM »
Fidelity just added staking to their spot ETH ETF application which is a bit of curve ball. Also

Nate Geraci
@NateGeraci
·
48m
Amended 19b-4 filed on Fidelity spot ether ETF…

Includes more in-depth analysis on correlation b/w eth spot & futures markets (assume getting feedback this is important issue).

Also references spot btc ETF approval.

Here’s money page IMO. Issuers not gonna let SEC off hook.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10627 on: March 18, 2024, 09:02:26 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/one-bank-sees-bitcoin-200000-while-ether-hits-14000-it-becomes-jpmorgans-favorite-crypto

One Bank Sees Bitcoin At $200,000, While Ether Hits $14,000 As It Becomes JPMorgan's Favorite Crypto

Giggity

Dorian Cutler

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10628 on: March 18, 2024, 09:19:23 PM »
try facebook marketplace might find someone gullible.
Its on a car website. Mostly scumbag car traders trying to rob me and people trying to get a car for less than its worth while they can get a shittier version with 2-3x the mileage for the budget they have in mind. The process is rather infuriating dealing with these bums.

If they call me and start asking questions that are immediately answerable by reading the fucking advertisement and then ask what is the lowest price id sell it for then I know I am dealing with subhuman scum.

Dorian Cutler

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10629 on: March 18, 2024, 11:40:56 PM »
Alwayd have insane limit orders in place just in case this happens

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10630 on: March 19, 2024, 04:44:01 PM »
Fidelity just added staking to their spot ETH ETF application which is a bit of curve ball. Also

Nate Geraci
@NateGeraci
·
48m
Amended 19b-4 filed on Fidelity spot ether ETF…

Includes more in-depth analysis on correlation b/w eth spot & futures markets (assume getting feedback this is important issue).

Also references spot btc ETF approval.

Here’s money page IMO. Issuers not gonna let SEC off hook.

I saw that.

Here's an interesting clip (around 4 minutes into the video) where Gensler talks about staking. Sounds like he is not against staking, just concerned if staking providers are actually honest about whether they are actually staking or being risky with your staked tokens. He also mentions "not your keys, not your cryptos". All valid points. I have been a Gensler hater but I have to admit he sounds reasonable in these clips.

Note that the next upgrade for Ethereum aims to make solo staking much easier and faster to set up. Vitalik has mentioned the possibility of mobile phones being used to solo stake via a secure wallet. I recall reading that Solana still does not have a slashing mechanism in place in case a staker is dishonest. Not sure if that has been implemented yet. Slashing sounds brutal, but is needed to make the staking infrastructure more robust.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10631 on: March 19, 2024, 04:45:35 PM »
That must suck if your BTC is accidentally sold for those low values! Damn!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10632 on: March 19, 2024, 04:48:09 PM »
Of course I know it.  I’ve never met another group of human beings that say they are gods chosen people and have a word for everyone who isn’t Jewish.  I’ve been called a gentile several times in my life kind of weird but that’s just how they work.
Nothing wrong with sticking together, actually that's how it should be. That's how communities and ethnicities got ahead, by banding together. Whites are being discouraged from doing this though, ironically by the same group that look out for each other. Whites better get a clue before they are history!

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10633 on: March 19, 2024, 07:06:44 PM »
Viva El Salvador!

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10634 on: March 20, 2024, 03:57:48 AM »

That order was placed years ago. It's first come first serve, so good luck getting filled if you place a limit order at those levels now.

That must suck if your BTC is accidentally sold for those low values! Damn!

It looked like someone got their account hacked and the hackers were attempting a cascade by dumping hard (they were probably leveraged short)

Dorian Cutler

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10635 on: March 20, 2024, 11:04:34 AM »
That order was placed years ago. It's first come first serve, so good luck getting filled if you place a limit order at those levels now.

It looked like someone got their account hacked and the hackers were attempting a cascade by dumping hard (they were probably leveraged short)
I once got lucky with a sell order I placed way above market price on some big cap altcoin. The rush was incredible when I found out. Unfortunately not a life changing amount of money

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10636 on: March 20, 2024, 04:23:50 PM »

Unlikely the order would hit as usually there is so much liquidity that much higher orders would hit first. But yeah, on the right exchange and in the right circumstances, why not (although most exchanges would require you to have the cash there for the order so you could be waiting for a long time with that cash unutilized).

Makes sense though on the upside if a spike in price ever occurs and you are selling.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10637 on: March 20, 2024, 07:05:08 PM »
Really interesting day.

The SEC possibly going after proof of stake ETH as a security.

Every major player threatening to sue the SEC if they don't approve the ETH ETF in May.

Coinbase planning to launch DOGE, LTC and BCH futures on regulated exchanges. Why not spot ETFs after that.

Blackrock entering the ETH ecosystem with a tokenized asset fund and with plans that could see $Trillions enter the blockchain space over the next 5 years.

I have more than enough money to quit crypto and never look back, but I just can't quit the entertainment and drama of it all. There is nothing else like it!

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10638 on: March 20, 2024, 07:17:26 PM »
Really interesting day.

Every major player threatening to sue the SEC if they don't approve the ETH ETF in May.

Coinbase planning to launch DOGE, LTC and BCH futures on regulated exchanges. Why not spot ETFs after that.

Blackrock entering the ETH ecosystem with a tokenized asset fund and with plans that could see $Trillions enter the blockchain space over the next 5 years.

I have more than enough money to quit crypto and never look back, but I just can't quit the entertainment and drama of it all. There is nothing else like it!

Well, as I told you earlier, once a security, always a security. I think its very far-fetched to think an ETH ETF would ever be approved. DOGE LTC and BCH actually more likely from an academic perspective, but I also see those as unlikely.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10639 on: March 20, 2024, 07:25:26 PM »
Well, as I told you earlier, once a security, always a security. I think its very far-fetched to think an ETH ETF would ever be approved. DOGE LTC and BCH actually more likely from an academic perspective, but I also see those as unlikely.

They subpoena relates to it switching to proof of stake in Sept 2022. Not whilst it was proof of work for 7 years before that.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10640 on: March 20, 2024, 07:31:35 PM »
They subpoena relates to it switching to proof of stake in Sept 2022. Not whilst it was proof of work for 7 years before that.

Yes, that switch (and the fact that could even be done) makes their case much worse, that's for sure.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10641 on: March 20, 2024, 07:42:52 PM »
Yes, that switch (and the fact that could even be done) makes their case much worse, that's for sure.

The ETH foundation and their legal team had all their evidence and legal arguments ready to go before before they even went ahead with the switch (merge) so the SEC coming after them is not completely unexpected to them. It's already been priced in too as a lot of people have been sitting on this info for a while. Just gonna sit back and enjoy the shit show. Just remember Gary Gensler is already on a long losing streak when it comes to big crypto legal battles.

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #10642 on: March 21, 2024, 12:11:01 AM »
ETH at 10K equals a market cap of 1.3 trillion, so SOLANA's market cap will be at least 400 billion, so get your bag ready, especially if SOL flips ETH right after FireDancer rolls out.
$

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10643 on: March 21, 2024, 11:52:53 AM »
Interesting interview with Mark Yusko. He claims SOL is a mess.

In tech, according to Mark, you can either be fast, or secure, never both.

Mark goes on, says Solana is super fast, but it breaks down. He claims in the past weekend he heard reports that 80% of transactions were failing on Solana. That's a nightmare, says Mark.  ;D

Having said that, compare the transaction speed of Coinbase's L2, BASE, with Solana.

https://x.com/LeonWaidmann/status/1769312515887149481?s=20

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10644 on: March 21, 2024, 11:59:42 AM »
Really interesting day.

The ETH news was FUD. Ivan Tech reckons the ETH ETF is coming for sure because of Blackrock's recently announced Ethereum-based tokenized fund.

Mark Yusko reckons the ETH Spot ETF will be a reality at some point, because he claims Blackrock has a bigger stick than people like Warren that want to slow it down. Elizabeth Whoren is beholden to the banks who feel threatened by cryptocurrencies. But because 2024 is an election year Gensler may have been given orders to slow down the ETH Spot ETF applications. We'll see what happens.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10645 on: March 21, 2024, 12:07:11 PM »
No it doesn't. POS still requires validators to have hardware, software, and sweat equity to make it operational and maintain it. It's no different than a POW miner who has to clean his rigs, cool them, etc. I mined Ethereum for years and I had to monitor the rigs daily, reboot here and there. Upgrade mining software. I had a few GPUs fail and had to RMA them, etc. The majority of ETH I obtained the same way Bitcoin miners acquired their BTC. But you bought your BTC and did zero work mining or developing it.

So the SEC argument that you expect to profit on the work of others is actually valid for both you and Saylor.

It's is 100% a fact that the Ethereum project has been the hardest fought with blood and guts in the trenches work, compared to Bitcoin. If you tally up all the manhours that went into the Ethereum project it totally eclipses what went into Bitcoin's development. The Lightning network is apparently also a mess and never really fulfilled it's promise.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10646 on: March 21, 2024, 12:14:46 PM »
ETH at 10K equals a market cap of 1.3 trillion, so SOLANA's market cap will be at least 400 billion, so get your bag ready, especially if SOL flips ETH right after FireDancer rolls out.
If ETH goes to $1.3 trillion and SOL to $400 billion how does it flip Ethereum? I agree though that it may provide bigger returns because it has a smaller market cap. The same way ETH will potentially offer bigger returns compared to BTC in a full on bull run.

Solana is fairly centralized though and there are rumors they are counting voting as transactions to inflate their numbers. I recall Binance's BSC were accused of fabricating their transactions as well. Apparently Solana's hardware requirements is insane. That centralization poses a risk if something were to happen to their infrastructure. Hardware fail all the time. And the Solana network has gone down over 10 times. Big institutional investors can't risk that. But I guess retail don't care.

https://thechainsaw.com/defi/altcoins/solana-down-network-freeze-ten-times-recover/

Note, since the article linked above was released Solana went down in February and May 2024. So that comes to 12 outages. In one outage a tech issue was throttling transactions and the blockchain started to unexpectedly fork!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10647 on: March 21, 2024, 12:29:56 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/the-sec-tries-to-put-the-ethereum-toothpaste-back-in-the-tube/ar-BB1khShm

The SEC tries to put the Ethereum toothpaste back in the tube

The stakes in the bitter war between the Securities and Exchange Commission and the crypto industry just got higher. As Fortune reported on Wednesday, the agency is going after Ethereum, issuing subpoenas to U.S. companies that require them to supply all records of their dealings with the foundation that oversees the blockchain. This is a big deal since so much of the crypto industry is built atop Ethereum—not just applications but entire secondary blockchains like Polygon. If the SEC goes ahead with its plans to declare that all of Ethereum is subject to its securities laws, it will have broad and unpredictable consequences.

The most curious thing about the SEC's gambit is not so much why the agency is doing this, but why it's doing it now. Leave aside the hypocrisy of Gary Gensler stating back in 2018, before he was SEC Chairman, that Ethereum is not a security (you can see it on video here). Consider instead that the Ethereum network will be a decade old next year, and that the time to regulate it would have been during the ICO mania of 2017, when grifters used it to launch a wide variety of scams. Every year since then, the network has become bigger and more disbursed and for the SEC to exert control over it today is like trying to stuff the proverbial toothpaste back in the tube.

People familiar with the investigation told me they suspect the timing has to do with Ethereum's switch to a proof-of-stake model in late 2022. For anyone not fluent in crypto, this entailed switching to a different mechanism for confirming the legitimacy of blockchain transactions that relies on a disbursed network of validators. Previously, Ethereum had relied on the Bitcoin model, which entails guzzling tremendous amounts of energy to solve random math problems. The change meant that Ethereum cut its carbon emissions by over 99% but, as proof no good deed goes unpunished, it appears to have invited legal trouble. The new argument is that the validator model means Ethereum is now a series of stock-like investment contracts. Or something.

This argument is not a strong one, it doesn't help the agency's case that numerous people have relied on the SEC's earlier signals that Ethereum is not a security. If push comes to shove, the agency will almost certainly lose in court. And yet the SEC, rather than walk away or help devise a new regulatory framework for decentralized blockchains, is heating up an investigation. Why?

The best answer is politics. Justin Slaughter, one of the more astute crypto watchers in D.C., has pointed out that Gensler is taking heat from hard-core progressives—who are every bit as fanatical as the worst crypto loon. Slaughter points to an editorial in the lefty touchstone Prospect that takes the step, unusual for them, of denouncing Gensler for letting Bitcoin ETFs go ahead in January. Even though a unanimous appeals court all but ordered the SEC to approve the ETFs, Prospect says Gensler should have kept "fighting and let the chips fall where they may."

Such language suggests an ideological fixation, but these are key allies of Gensler's de facto boss, Sen. Elizabeth Warren. Some of their concerns about crypto are legitimate, but it's a losing battle when it comes to trying to exert control over Ethereum. That horse left the barn long ago.

BEEFCAKE

• Getbig III
  • Team Suckmymuscle Nunchuk Masters&Chicken Blasters
« Reply #10648 on: March 21, 2024, 12:30:23 PM »
shitcoin Ethereum is fake like the US dollar

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10649 on: March 21, 2024, 12:53:24 PM »
shitcoin Ethereum is fake like the US dollar
You're clueless. How much money do you manage, compared to say Blackrock?  ;D

I agree the USD is a shitcoin. All cryptos are better than FIAT, which is guaranteed to go to zero.