Author Topic: Garcia fight ?!?  (Read 611 times)

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
Garcia fight ?!?
« on: April 20, 2024, 04:08:25 PM »
Anyone have any links for the Ryan Garcia fight tonight??!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Garcia fight ?!?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 04:38:49 PM »
Ryan didn't make the weight, right?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2024, 04:45:10 PM »
Ryan didn't make the weight, right?

He and his team knew at least a day - maybe two - earlier that he wouldn't make weight.   >:(  Unprofessional.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2024, 04:49:50 PM »
He and his team knew at least a day - maybe two - earlier that he wouldn't make weight.   >:(  Unprofessional.

It won't be a title fight then. He can't take the belt with a win if he's over weight. Bet he forfeited a lot of money.  I heard he is training in MMA. I wonder if he loses if he will go into the UFC?

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2024, 05:34:14 PM »
It won't be a title fight then. He can't take the belt with a win if he's over weight. Bet he forfeited a lot of money.  I heard he is training in MMA. I wonder if he loses if he will go into the UFC?

Nope, no longer a title bout.  Garcia forfeits $500,000 for every pound over.  Must be nice to kiss away $1.5M.  That also reduces his team's pay if they get a fixed percentage.  I would not be a happy Team Ryan member if that's the case.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2024, 05:39:44 PM »
A most entertaining face-off.  Go to 3:54

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2024, 10:47:14 PM »
King Ry layin' the smack down! 8)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2024, 12:31:50 AM »
No shit. How could you screw that up?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2024, 04:19:24 AM »
Ryan looked so much bigger when I watched the fight.  He dominated. I think there is a clause for a rematch.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2024, 07:15:18 AM »
middle school fighters are heroes now
A

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2024, 10:27:38 AM »
The missing weight thing.... it's turned into a bit of a dirty trick in my opinion.

Haney is a weight bully anyway,  he should be fighting at 160 but has the ability to get down to 140lbs. Ryan said fuck it. Ill blow the weight limit and trounce him the added strength, energy from not being weight drained..

Used to be fighters never missed weight and when they did, their reputations were ruined for years. In face in Japan it's still considered a disgrace,  if you miss weight in japan you can get a one year suspension.

But in these mega million dollar superfights, no one is going to pull out the day before with all that money on the line and having an alphabet title is worthless these days.

A guy like lomachenko doesn't need a belt and is regarded as a top lb 4 lb guy. Back in the day, you needed a belt to be a champ. The really good fighters today collect titles across weight divisions and even die hard fans can't keep track of who is the champion of which sanctioning body.

So Ryan gambled by blowing weight. Yeah, he doesn't get the belt but he becomes the first guy to beat Haney in a huge fight. Versus making weight, being drained and losing a close decision- that one judge had it a draw, they wanted to give it to haney so fucking bad....

The sport has turned into a joke.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2024, 03:41:26 PM »

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2024, 12:42:45 AM »
The missing weight thing.... it's turned into a bit of a dirty trick in my opinion.

Haney is a weight bully anyway,  he should be fighting at 160 but has the ability to get down to 140lbs. Ryan said fuck it. Ill blow the weight limit and trounce him the added strength, energy from not being weight drained..

Used to be fighters never missed weight and when they did, their reputations were ruined for years. In face in Japan it's still considered a disgrace,  if you miss weight in japan you can get a one year suspension.

But in these mega million dollar superfights, no one is going to pull out the day before with all that money on the line and having an alphabet title is worthless these days.

A guy like lomachenko doesn't need a belt and is regarded as a top lb 4 lb guy. Back in the day, you needed a belt to be a champ. The really good fighters today collect titles across weight divisions and even die hard fans can't keep track of who is the champion of which sanctioning body.

So Ryan gambled by blowing weight. Yeah, he doesn't get the belt but he becomes the first guy to beat Haney in a huge fight. Versus making weight, being drained and losing a close decision- that one judge had it a draw, they wanted to give it to haney so fucking bad....

Opponent's manager should refuse the fight if weight isn't made.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2024, 05:39:18 AM »

Good post Doc. You seem to know boxing. Haney is indeed a weight bully and I liked Ryan's strategy. 

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2024, 06:36:22 AM »
Opponent's manager should refuse the fight if weight isn't made.
Dont make weight, dont get paid...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2024, 09:26:54 AM »
I`m glad that Ryan beat the racist Farrakhan following hype job.

Lomachenko beat him soundly also, but they gave it to Devin "I would never let a white boy beat me" Haney