Author Topic: how much cardio do you guys do?  (Read 12283 times)

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
Re: how much cardio do you guys do?
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2015, 05:28:11 AM »
eat a bit less and get a life.

Different ways to skin a cat...  eating more and doing more cardio gets better results for me. I've tried both ways.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2015, 05:31:37 AM »
Y

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2015, 05:36:48 AM »
Outed.

DAMN!  ;D is it too late to say No homo?

Simple Simon

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2015, 05:49:09 AM »
Different ways to skin a cat...  eating more and doing more cardio gets better results for me. I've tried both ways.
We had someone here not long ago eating 3500 cals and doing 90 mins cardio.
Didnt turn out too well as I recall.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2015, 06:09:07 AM »
when Josh comes to visit me in London over Christmas we have a weight loss challenge do I am guessing alot

so I guess the two of you are talking again?  :)

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2015, 06:27:10 AM »
We had someone here not long ago eating 3500 cals and doing 90 mins cardio.
Didnt turn out too well as I recall.

Yeah that won't work..When I say eat more my kcal are around 2000 - 2200 with carbs around 80- 60g a day..so not super high carb/calorie - i also throw one high carb 4 hour refeed in every now and then . I've done the -1000 to 1300 and very little LISS cardio didn't work as well. I always think Eating "more" with in reason stimulates metabolism as does hiit cardio so...

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2015, 06:31:15 AM »
I refuse to sacrifice an ounce of muscle. I have a Rascal Scooter to move from the couch to the shitter.

Never run when you can walk, never walk when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down.  Beef It!

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2015, 06:53:49 AM »
I refuse to sacrifice an ounce of muscle. I have a Rascal Scooter to move from the couch to the shitter.

aj unfortunately for me , its the rout i have to take to get lean,  theres a couple people on here who know me.  trust me there are days im fucking dead, and dont want to do the second session, but in two monthes im taking  a very long vacation out of the country .   i have no choice

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2015, 06:58:01 AM »
prowler 2x a week and maybe 15 mins of step mill 3x a week

Simple Simon

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2015, 06:58:25 AM »
Yeah that won't work..When I say eat more my kcal are around 2000 - 2200 with carbs around 80- 60g a day..so not super high carb/calorie - i also throw one high carb 4 hour refeed in every now and then . I've done the -1000 to 1300 and very little LISS cardio didn't work as well. I always think Eating "more" with in reason stimulates metabolism as does hiit cardio so...

Shame you weren't here 6 weeks ago, he might have listened to you.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2015, 07:05:06 AM »
aj unfortunately for me , its the rout i have to take to get lean,  theres a couple people on here who know me.  trust me there are days im fucking dead, and dont want to do the second session, but in two monthes im taking  a very long vacation out of the country .   i have no choice

I am, of course, kidding. But my "cardio" consists of 30 minute HIIT sessions 3x/week.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2015, 07:21:02 AM »
Almost all of my "cardio" is conditioning and intertwined with lifting/running/rucking, etc.......
Y

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2015, 07:21:18 AM »
for general health, 3 times a week for 15-20 minutes at a moderate intensity does the job

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2015, 07:26:29 AM »
for general health, 3 times a week for 15-20 minutes at a moderate intensity does the job

I doubt the "general health" benefits of 45 minutes of exercise a week are significant.
Y

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2015, 10:12:35 AM »
I doubt the "general health" benefits of 45 minutes of exercise a week are significant.

it's Dr. Kenneth Copper's recommendation actually

According to Dr. Cooper, there are two levels of training that we are looking at here:

1) Health and Longevity Training

2) Aerobic Training

Health and Longevity Training is defined as 30 minutes, collectively, of activity, regardless of the heart rate response. This means moving, 20 minutes 4 times a week or 30 minutes 3 times a week to provide health protective and wellness measures for – you got it, increased health and longevity.

In contrast Aerobic and Cardio Training means you must keep the heart rate elevated to between 65% and 80% of the maximum heart* for those same periods of time: 20 minutes 4 times a week, or 30 minutes 30 times a week.

The difference here, according to Dr. Cooper, is the deeper intensity with the Aerobic Training – also called Cardio – has a more dramatic impact on slowing the age response, accelerating weight loss, and is a rule of thumb preventative extra measure for disease prevention.

http://lanimuelrath.com/confused-about-cardio-my-conversation-with-dr-kenneth-cooper/

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2015, 10:36:23 AM »

it's Dr. Kenneth Copper's recommendation actually

According to Dr. Cooper, there are two levels of training that we are looking at here:

Health and Longevity Training is defined as 30 minutes, collectively, of activity, regardless of the heart rate response. This means moving, 20 minutes 4 times a week or 30 minutes 3 times a week to provide health protective and wellness measures for – you got it, increased health and longevity.

So I was right.
Y

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2015, 10:48:46 AM »

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2015, 10:59:13 AM »
Does a 5 min warmup on an elliptical count? I've never even brought my calories below 3000 calories during a cut. I guess I'm as ectopmotph as it gets AKA tiny tit throughout high school. Man gravy straight from the tap hadn't been discovered yet

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2015, 11:05:48 AM »
Depending on how I feel I'll do either of the following but always first thing in the morning on an empty stomach outside of a glass or two of alkaline water.
Go to the park and run 2 miles, or run one lap as a warm up and begin running stairs, and running agility drills and circuit training for 45 min. ie. or 30 min of HIT cardio.  I do this 5 days per week and always switch up up between the three.  It keeps it fun for me. I can honestly say that since I've been doing this June 1st.  I've never felt more alert, functional, energized and young.  I have no plans on stopping because I actually get a high from it. Real, creative and intense cardio is no joke but it so beneficial in so many ways outside of just weightloss. Bodybuilding related.  None of these guy could run a mile under 7 min. They literally would die. 

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2015, 11:16:44 AM »
Walk my two dogs a half a mile twice a day.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2015, 11:18:34 AM »
None.
Will only do it if I get high BP, otherwise, fuck it.
?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2015, 11:19:52 AM »
Depending on how I feel I'll do either of the following but always first thing in the morning on an empty stomach outside of a glass or two of alkaline water.
Go to the park and run 2 miles, or run one lap as a warm up and begin running stairs, and running agility drills and circuit training for 45 min. ie. or 30 min of HIT cardio.  I do this 5 days per week and always switch up up between the three.  It keeps it fun for me. I can honestly say that since I've been doing this June 1st.  I've never felt more alert, functional, energized and young.  I have no plans on stopping because I actually get a high from it. Real, creative and intense cardio is no joke but it so beneficial in so many ways outside of just weightloss. Bodybuilding related.  None of these guy could run a mile under 7 min. They literally would die. 

I agree.  I despised running, but I realized it was I never got over the initial phases that suck....now I sometimes do three miles, alternating 1/4 sprints as just a warmup before exercise.  Did  this the other day - always feel the need to mix in running now.

Good workout followed shit workout from Friday.  Strep must be leaving my system.

1 mile @ 6:34

1/4 mile 80lb sand bag carry (arms crossed in front, not on shoulder)  stop 4 times and do 25 push up, 100 total.

1 mile @ 6:53

100 yard weight pull (backwards run and row)

1/4 mile 80lb sand bag carry on shoulders.  Stop half way and do 50 plyo jumps up bleachers, 1:03 plank at end

50 yard 40lb sand bag rotational throw followed by 5 push up (50 total)  / 50 crunch

1 mile run @ 6:38   1:05 plank at end
Y

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2015, 01:05:29 PM »
grape ape i was the same way i fucking hated it.

about 7 weeks ago i was like i need to try this im up to 4 miles  a day when i run    i actually like it now.

i remember marvin hagler used to run in his combat boots  because it was harder -fuck i couldnt imagine that .

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2015, 01:08:45 PM »
grape ape i was the same way i fucking hated it.

about 7 weeks ago i was like i need to try this im up to 4 miles  a day when i run    i actually like it now.

i remember marvin hagler used to run in his combat boots  because it was harder -fuck i couldnt imagine that .

Yeah - once you find your comfort zone with stride etc and reach the point where it's automatic and you're just kind of floating, it's great.  And the endorphin rush is real.
Y

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2015, 01:22:39 PM »

Yeah - once you find your comfort zone with stride etc and reach the point where it's automatic and you're just kind of floating, it's great.  And the endorphin rush is real.

you got that right buddy and hey when i feel im pushing to hard, i power walk for a few minutes  and then start back up again

and i must say running is the best and hardest form of cardio  very affective when you get it down