Author Topic: 49ers  (Read 28634 times)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2012, 01:40:19 PM »
not a namebrand san fran squad, so the buck stops next week.  just easier for the nfl to dictate the game vs the giants or packers vs facing a high powered saints team which could go on a run against either one. saints are gone, so now, they can play their storyline for the giants or pac.  hows is the pre game going?  pac for 2 or eli dedicating this play off to peyton?

The same non-name brand squad you speak of are the same guys that took down the Saints, who had more yardage than the Pack.

Everyone counted us out at the beginning of the season. We went 13-3. Everyone thought we lost yesterdays game last week when the Saints won. We won. Everyone (this time including me) thought we lost when Graham caught the last TD pass. But Smith and Davis pulled through.

We've proved people wrong all year. I'm happy with what we've done all year. Even if we don't win next week, this season has been a HUGE success on a number of levels. If we make it all the way...we will have done something very little if anyone has ever done before; win with a rookie head coach.

And while I'm at it...can you please shut the fuck up with your conspiracy theories? In regards to the NFL, your ass must be jealous of all the shit your fingers type. Thank you...have a nice day and learn how to watch a pre-game show. :)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2012, 01:41:45 PM »
packers >49ers all fucking day long ;D
A

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2012, 04:48:22 PM »
packers >49ers all fucking day long ;D

Giants > packers

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2012, 05:19:17 PM »
Giants > packers

49ers > Giants

We've already taken care of them once this year.  Our defense is too good. Our offense is too good. Our coaching is too good.  Our talent is too much for any team to handle.

Harbaugh > every other coach in the NFL

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2012, 05:20:18 PM »

49ers > Giants

We've already taken care of them once this year.  Our defense is too good. Our offense is too good. Our coaching is too good.  Our talent is too much for any team to handle.

Harbaugh > every other coach in the NFL
Aldon Smith played at my home states uni, Mizzou.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2012, 05:41:09 PM »
Aldon Smith played at my home states uni, Mizzou.

Aldon Smith is a disgusting talent.  The rest of the league/country doesn't realize how good the niners defense is.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Re: 49ers
« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2012, 05:43:37 PM »
The road to the Superbowl goes through San Francisco!!!!!!!

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2012, 05:51:12 PM »
The road to the Superbowl goes through San Francisco!!!!!!! Eli Manning

fixed  >:(

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2012, 06:27:43 PM »
fixed  >:(

The Eli that threw 2 picks to us some 7-8 wks ago? That Eli? The same Eli that lost and that loss triggered a 4 game slide and panic they may not make it to the playoffs at all?

That Eli Manning?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2012, 06:41:57 PM »
The Eli that threw 2 picks to us some 7-8 wks ago? That Eli? The same Eli that lost and that loss triggered a 4 game slide and panic they may not make it to the playoffs at all?

That Eli Manning?

Yeah that eli.The eli who had the most 4th quarter touchdowns this year in league history. The eli who passed for nearly 5k yards. The eli who led an offense with the most passing plays of 30 yards or more in the nfl including green bay. The eli with a ring? Yeah thats him.

Eli and the giants are a completely different football team at this point in the season. The niners will have a lot on their plate on sunday.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2012, 06:49:47 PM »
Should be a great game, but I'd much rather see SF play NY in SF than have to play at GB. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2012, 08:29:46 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

GIANTS NEXT WEXT

LOMBARDI TROPHY IS COMING HOME TO FRISCO BABY

WHERE IT BELONGS

HARBAUGH VS. HARBAUGH NINERS WIN 14-7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   8)   8)   8)   8)   8)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2012, 09:50:53 PM »
Yeah that eli.The eli who had the most 4th quarter touchdowns this year in league history. The eli who passed for nearly 5k yards. The eli who led an offense with the most passing plays of 30 yards or more in the nfl including green bay. The eli with a ring? Yeah thats him.

Eli and the giants are a completely different football team at this point in the season. The niners will have a lot on their plate on sunday.

Well, that Eli is the still the same one that faced the Niners and lost.

He will have his hands full, just as Brees (who is a better QB than Manning) and the Niners beat him too.

Come this time next Sunday, let us see who won!

Game. On. :) 

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2012, 02:30:04 AM »

He will have his hands full, just as Brees (who is a better QB than Manning) and the Niners beat him too.

Come this time next Sunday, let us see who won!

Game. On. :) 

While I cannot predict who will win the game one way or another, it is important to note that the Giants have strong recent form in defeating teams to whom they had lost in the regular season. 
~

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2012, 05:45:41 AM »

He faced the Packers and lost in the regular season too.

This keeps getting stated like it matters.   It doesn't.  And it's not like the regular season win was a dominant performance either.

Anyone who thinks one of these team is going to destroy the other is just guessing or a complete homer.  These teams are closely matched, and more balanced than the other teams in the playoffs.
Y

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2012, 06:01:20 AM »
This keeps getting stated like it matters.   It doesn't.

Anyone who thinks one of these team is going to destroy the other is just guessing or a complete homer. 

I never said either team will destroy one another. So, you read into somewhere ::)

The fact that Eli has already lost to the Niners is mentioned not as a sole point as to why the Gmen could  lose again but to point  out webeat the team once so it  is possible todo so again. As i said elsewhere in another thread, when the Saints came marching into SF; everyone already tagged the Saints as the winner because of Brees throwing the ball so well. That didnt work out so well.

It will be a great game just as the NO/SF game was. And to reiterate, i never stated it will be a blowout, anywhere. But i back up and maintain that i have 100% confidence that the Niners CAN win. (Theres a difference between can win and willwin, for the  typical getbig reader).

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2012, 06:23:36 AM »
But i back up and maintain that i have 100% confidence that the Niners CAN win. (Theres a difference between can win and willwin, for the  typical getbig reader).

Gotcha.

Of course they can win.  I can't imagine that anyone outside of the biggest Giant homers would actually believe they couldn't.

Y

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2012, 08:29:03 AM »
Should be a great game. Good defenses, neither really give up big plays often, both have good coaches. I give the NY offense an edge over SF, but the special teams of SF are better than NY. I do believe field position will be a big factor in this game. We'll know who makes the SB next week.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2012, 09:09:32 AM »
Should be a great game. Good defenses, neither really give up big plays often, both have good coaches. I give the NY offense an edge over SF, but the special teams of SF are better than NY. I do believe field position will be a big factor in this game. We'll know who makes the SB next week.

Agreed.  I think these teams are the most balanced teams left on both sides of the ball.  But SF has been this way more consistently over the course of the season than the Giants have.

I am trying to temper my excitement after watching the Giants all year, but they're really making a case to convince me the team of the last few weeks is the real thing.
Y

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2012, 11:22:25 AM »
I think I would like a NY Giants win in the Super Bowl... I would like to see the little Manning with 2 rings before the big Manning.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2012, 11:29:27 AM »
I think I would like a NY Giants win in the Super Bowl... I would like to see the little Manning with 2 rings before the big Manning.

Living up in Mass as Giants fan, this would be one heck of a high risk / high reward game for me.   Losing would be unbearable up here for at least a month.  Winning would be fantastic all the way to next season.
Y

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2012, 09:46:50 PM »
Giants > packers
Yeah. Didn't see that shit happening.
A

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2012, 07:38:32 AM »
The New York football Giants are going to show San Fran what playoff football is all about Sunday. Big hits, big plays and lots of Bay Area tears.

Completely different team from earlier this year.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2012, 04:00:39 PM »
The New York football Giants are going to show San Fran what playoff football is all about Sunday. Big hits, big plays and lots of Bay Area tears.

Completely different team from earlier this year.
Stop the run and harass Eli into throwing picks. They did it this year already. Are the Giants better than week 13? Maybe, but Alex Smith is better too. I'll take the 9ers secondary over the Giants secondary. I'll be here if the 9ers lose, but make sure you're here if they win. I won't be crying because I ONLY expected a winning season and not a playoff game at all. But if the Giants lose, you'll here a lot of whooping from me since the 9ers will have truly eclipsed expectation.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2012, 06:33:13 AM »
Stop the run and harass Eli into throwing picks. They did it this year already.

If you looked at the stats from that game, the giants won in every aspect except the turnover battle and field position. Total yards, passing and rushing, sacks and 3rd down completion %. The giants even completed 2/3 4th down attempts. This is with no ahmad bradshaw and under completely different circumstances. The giants are as healthy and up for the challenge as they're ever going to be.

Let's face it, in the heat of the moment; nfc title on the line, this giants team won't be fazed.  They've played in big time, meaningful games  in a hostile atmosphere before. If I'm a 49er fan, after that emotional win, the first playoff win in a decade against the vaunted saints offense..I'm a little worried that we might have just won OUR superbowl. The giants, (even though coming off an injury plagued season with starters missing more games than any team in the league) have higher expectations than winning a playoff game. The 49ers are playing with house money right now.