Author Topic: Gold This Decade  (Read 13359 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Gold This Decade
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2011, 05:08:37 AM »
QE2 bitches! 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2011, 03:20:32 AM »
Silver hit past $36. God damn, yehaww!
Does this mean I should cash in all of my silver service?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2011, 06:45:43 AM »
Does this mean I should cash in all of my silver service?

I think you should buy as many houses as you can afford in Detroit and Arizona, you should see a return on your investment around the time you are dead.  ;)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2011, 01:27:31 PM »
Gold = Silver = Housing Market = Tulip mania

Tulip mania was a period in the Dutch Golden Age during which contract prices for bulbs of the recently introduced tulip reached extraordinarily high levels and then suddenly collapsed.  At the peak of tulip mania, in February 1637, some single tulip bulbs sold for more than 10 times the annual income of a skilled craftsman. It is generally considered the first recorded speculative bubble (or economic bubble).

A tulip, known as "the Viceroy", displayed in a 1637 Dutch catalog. Its bulb cost between 3000 and 4200 florins depending on size. A skilled craftsman at the time earned about 300 florins a year.

1. Nusteling, H. (1985) Welvaart en Werkgelegenheid in Amsterdam 1540–1860, pp. 114, 252, 254, 258.
2. "Tulipomania: The Story of the World's Most Coveted Flower & the Extraordinary Passions It Aroused." Mike Dash (2001).
3. Shiller 2005, p. 85 More extensive discussion of status as the earliest bubble on pp. 247–48.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

Runaway gold tumbles from record, seen overbought

23 Aug 2011

NEW YORK/LONDON (Reuters) - Gold recoiled from its first ever foray above $1,900 an ounce on Tuesday in the sharpest one-day drop in 18 months, as rebounding equities prompted traders to rethink a bullion rally which many now see as overdone.

http://news.yahoo.com/gold-climbs-record-above-1-910-growth-fears-004457957.html

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2011, 01:38:23 PM »

Runaway gold tumbles from record, seen overbought

23 Aug 2011

NEW YORK/LONDON (Reuters) - Gold recoiled from its first ever foray above $1,900 an ounce on Tuesday in the sharpest one-day drop in 18 months, as rebounding equities prompted traders to rethink a bullion rally which many now see as overdone.

http://news.yahoo.com/gold-climbs-record-above-1-910-growth-fears-004457957.html

Normal, nothing is just continuous...but if QE3 hits, it will break 2k, of that I am sure.
I hate the State.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2011, 04:24:06 PM »
As long as there are central banks, money printing, purposeful mass inflation, currency devaluation, quantitative easing, massive government borrowing/spending, purposefuly manipulated treasury markets, zero % interest rates, etc....well, gold/silver/PM's will keep rising. They are a persons only hedge against lunatics in power, on TV and other idiots who move the levers.

As Adonis said, and I agree, land is not something to be dismissed either. Especially the land that is arable, near waterways etc.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2011, 08:06:45 PM »
agriculture is the future for sure.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2011, 10:24:42 PM »
 We'll see what happenes in the coming days.

Im kinda surprised loco would jump on this so quick, it has a looooong way down to go before I change my view on it.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2011, 01:00:27 AM »

Im kinda surprised loco would jump on this so quick, it has a looooong way down to go before I change my view on it.

QE3 will make it shoot right back up.
I hate the State.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2011, 01:33:10 AM »
Normal, nothing is just continuous...but if QE3 hits, it will break 2k, of that I am sure.

ZIRP for the next two years is a form of QE btw.  I'm not sure we'll see a direct stimulus like we did with QE1/2 now that The Bernak is under political fire and bashing the Fed has become the cool thing to do on the political trail.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2011, 01:38:30 AM »
QE3 will make it shoot right back up.

There are a lot of other things that will cause it to increase, the further decline into a bull market which we are now full in, further intervention by the ECB into the failing banks in the EU, less overal confidence in fiscal policy all around and the weakening fiat currencies will all play a role in just how far it goes.

Gold still has a long way to go to reach Silver's 800% or so increase (gold is about 400% or at this point) so I'm expected it to go higher regardless of the pullbacks being seen which were mostly shorts getting in for a quick buck and getting out.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2011, 09:40:57 AM »
Lol everyone's freaking out today.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2011, 09:47:23 AM »

I am not trying to change your view on it.  Gold is great for those who already own it or bought it low.  Anyone buying gold now with the sole purpose to make a profit is taking a huge risk. 

Now, if you buy gold now because you think civilization is coming to an end and only gold will buy you stuff, then that is a whole different story.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2011, 09:54:12 AM »
I am not trying to change your view on it.  Gold is great for those who already own it or bought it low.  Anyone buying gold now with the sole purpose to make a profit is taking a huge risk. 

Now, if you buy gold now because you think civilization is coming to an end and only gold will buy you stuff, then that is a whole different story.

It's good to see this pullback. When I see it rise as quickly as it has it's never a good sign. I think a drop to 1600 might be realistic but long term I'm still very bullish.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2011, 02:12:29 PM »
Now, if you buy gold now because you think civilization is coming to an end and only gold will buy you stuff, then you are a fucking idiot.

fixed

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2011, 02:31:15 PM »

It's good to see this pullback. When I see it rise as quickly as it has it's never a good sign. I think a drop to 1600 might be realistic but long term I'm still very bullish.

Friday should be interesting.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2011, 03:37:39 PM »
Friday should be interesting.

Yeah, I have no idea what they expect Bernanke to say.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2011, 03:40:36 PM »
what are you guys thinking on silver?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2011, 04:52:59 PM »

Thinking I don't know too much about the squirrel pelt - silver exchange rate.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2011, 05:19:56 PM »

It's gone up 900% (roughly) over the past couple of years and is still being heavily manipulated to keep it where it's at.  Long term I think it's a good buy (6+ months) as once gold goes up a bit more and (if) the manipulation is pulled back it could head north of $200oz within 12 months.  Lot of if's though, but I'd still say it's a good buy right now if you plan to ride it out for a while.  As always, buy physical, forget paper.

We'll see how long those margin hikes hold, the last increase lasted a few hours.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2011, 05:55:54 PM »

Im thinking that if you bought it when you first asked me about it and you followed my instructions , you would have been laughing right now.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »
It's gone up 900% (roughly) over the past couple of years and is still being heavily manipulated to keep it where it's at.  Long term I think it's a good buy (6+ months) as once gold goes up a bit more and (if) the manipulation is pulled back it could head north of $200oz within 12 months.  Lot of if's though, but I'd still say it's a good buy right now if you plan to ride it out for a while.  As always, buy physical, forget paper.

We'll see how long those margin hikes hold, the last increase lasted a few hours.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2011, 06:18:16 PM »
CME hiked the margins 27% today so it's not surprising that it came down like that.

Brutal pullback....all the way to last week's prices.  ::)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2011, 07:29:00 AM »
 The leveling off of the price has been rather quick and I'm surprised that with all the talk of a bubble the move down wasn't worse then it was. Interesting indeed.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2011, 08:29:39 AM »
fixed

;D

I wanted to be polite and didn't wanna put it that way, but I agree!