Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 53795 times)

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2022, 09:40:53 AM »
SALADino gonna SALADino

Dr. Saladino is one smart guy, he was strict carnivore for a few years, he recently reintroduced raw dairy and fruit, so he refers to himself as meat based, he's shredded

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2022, 09:42:53 AM »
nobody controls portions on this diet, you have to eat until satisfied, most people who follow this diet eat 1 large meal or 2 a day, like Dr. Shawn Baker or Dr. Anthony Chaffee, usually between 2-6 pounds of beef are what people typically eat, and Serge Nubret had it right, he ate 1 large meal of 6 pounds of meat, it was horse meat then he eventually transitioned to beef. This isn't about bodybuilding, people are healing themselves of crohns,  ibs, Colitis, autoimmune diseases, arthritis, Gerd, it goes on and on.

How much freaking meat can you eat? You get sick of the shit. Ergo- you limit your portions, lol And any body who eats 6 pounds of beef a day isn't long for this world. The uric acid load on your kidneys will do you in.

How do I know? I had kidney issues a few years back from being on keto for a year. When I finally got around to measuring my uric acid (via  24 hour urine collection done at a urologist), my uric acid levels were near supersaturation. I ended up with a stay in the hospital for a week.

Over eating is what makes us fat and gives us a litany of medical issues. Eat less, stay healthy. And any diet extreme in ANY nutrient group will cause issues.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2022, 09:50:56 AM »
get real liver if you can, do an ounce a day, it's like taking a super multi vitamin

I have. I took the powder (the specific brand above) for years and then went to the real stuff

Never noticed a difference. Blood work came back the same

ifar more convenient for me to take the powder

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2022, 09:54:12 AM »

How much freaking meat can you eat? You get sick of the shit. Ergo- you limit your portions, lol And any body who eats 6 pounds of beef a day isn't long for this world. The uric acid load on your kidneys will do you in.

How do I know? I had kidney issues a few years back from being on keto for a year. When I finally got around to measuring my uric acid (via  24 hour urine collection done at a urologist), my uric acid levels were near supersaturation. I ended up with a stay in the hospital for a week.

Over eating is what makes us fat and gives us a litany of medical issues. Eat less, stay healthy. And any diet extreme in ANY nutrient group will cause issues.

I would never get sick of it, but am going to recalibrate.

I had a pretty big cholesterol spike, which I can't understand.  I think it MIGHT be due to I haven't really consistently ran in the past year.....frustrating, as while my meat consumption was high, by processed food, seed oils, and sugar was very low.

Anyway, I'm going to mix less meat for a bit, more fish, and go back to eating oatmeal and stuff.  The carnivore folks are convinced even carbs like this are poison.
Y

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2022, 09:57:39 AM »

Dr. Baker eats 4-6 pounds of beef a day, he's like 6'4 260, the problem you had was because of the veggies when you were on keto, people reverse gout, all kinds of ailments on this diet. If you only eat, meat, eggs, salt, water, you will see your health excel.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2022, 09:59:36 AM »
I would never get sick of it, but am going to recalibrate.

I had a pretty big cholesterol spike, which I can't understand.  I think it MIGHT be due to I haven't really consistently ran in the past year.....frustrating, as while my meat consumption was high, by processed food, seed oils, and sugar was very low.

Anyway, I'm going to mix less meat for a bit, more fish, and go back to eating oatmeal and stuff.  The carnivore folks are convinced even carbs like this are poison.
your triglycerides are the marker not cholesterol, cholesterol to hdl ratio, if it's close to 1 you're extremely healthy.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2022, 10:09:22 AM »
Dr. Baker eats 4-6 pounds of beef a day, he's like 6'4 260, the problem you had was because of the veggies when you were on keto, people reverse gout, all kinds of ailments on this diet. If you only eat, meat, eggs, salt, water, you will see your health excel.

I didn't do many vegetables on keto- hardly touched them, My diet was typically eggs/bacon/beef/fish/avocados/olives/some nuts, water and an occasional piece of fruit. I cut dairy out completely after the first two months because it made me feel bloated. I was religious about this and kept a food diary. Went from 220 to 175 in 1 year. Ripped but skinny. My health did not excel- it went to Hell, lol.

I switched to a diet that is about 50% carbs/20% protein/30% fat. 100 grams of protein a day max. Uric acid has literally disappeared. So have my triglycerides. Normal blood sugar. I am at 210 pounds now, 5'9" and am on the way to 200 for the summer which is where I will stay. On the high carb diet I am significantly stronger, carry a lot more muscle and fuller. On keto I started looking like a concentration camp prisoner.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2022, 10:20:27 AM »

I didn't do many vegetables on keto- hardly touched them, My diet was typically eggs/bacon/beef/fish/avocados/olives/some nuts, water and an occasional piece of fruit. I cut dairy out completely after the first two months because it made me feel bloated. I was religious about this and kept a food diary. Went from 220 to 175 in 1 year. Ripped but skinny. My health did not excel- it went to Hell, lol.

I switched to a diet that is about 50% carbs/20% protein/30% fat. 100 grams of protein a day max. Uric acid has literally disappeared. So have my triglycerides. Normal blood sugar. I am at 210 pounds now, 5'9" and am on the way to 200 for the summer which is where I will stay. On the high carb diet I am significantly stronger, carry a lot more muscle and fuller. On keto I started looking like a concentration camp prisoner.
Nuts..specifically almonds are absolutely terrible for human consumption they contain phytates and cyanide, look into how terrible they are for humans.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2022, 10:26:15 AM »
your triglycerides are the marker not cholesterol, cholesterol to hdl ratio, if it's close to 1 you're extremely healthy.

My HDL has always been low.  Only thing I got to spike it over 50 was running.  But, interestingly enough, that didn't drop this time.  But Trig went up 50.

I think running should solve it, but I'm still going more towards hypertrophy's mix, albeit likely less carb.
Y

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2022, 10:28:59 AM »
Nuts..specifically almonds are absolutely terrible for human consumption they contain phytates and cyanide, look into how terrible they are for humans.

Oh dear god, lol. Nuts are excellent sources of nutrition. we evolved as hunter gatherers. We have a finite capacity for phytic acid- it's practically in every plant known to man. And I'm not talking about eating apple seeds.

by the way, this is in grilled meats:

"According to the National Cancer Institute, grilling meat to the point of charring causes the formation of heterocyclic amines (HCAs), polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), and Maillard reaction products such as acrylamide (AA) or advanced glycation end-products (AGEs).  HCAs and AGEs are formed when the amino acids, sugars and creatine in meat react at high temperatures. PAHs are formed when meat fats burn.  Maillard reaction products are those tasty brown “caramelized” substances produced by the reaction of sugars and amino acids when meats and other foods are cooked by grilling, baking, frying or toasting.

Good luck with your keto religion.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2022, 10:32:02 AM »

Oh dear god, lol. Nuts are excellent sources of nutrition. we evolved as hunter gatherers. We have a finite capacity for phytic acid- it's practically in every plant known to man. And I'm not talking about eating apple seeds.

by the way, this is in grilled meats:

"According to the National Cancer Institute, grilling meat to the point of charring causes the formation of heterocyclic amines (HCAs), polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), and Maillard reaction products such as acrylamide (AA) or advanced glycation end-products (AGEs).  HCAs and AGEs are formed when the amino acids, sugars and creatine in meat react at high temperatures. PAHs are formed when meat fats burn.  Maillard reaction products are those tasty brown “caramelized” substances produced by the reaction of sugars and amino acids when meats and other foods are cooked by grilling, baking, frying or toasting.

Good luck with your keto religion.

I recommend you cut out all nuts and seeds/seed oils from your diet my friend. You'll be better off, do some research.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2022, 10:33:57 AM »
And the money in your wallet disappear fast.

nzgs

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2022, 10:41:12 AM »
Eat a balanced diet and go to bed hungry. You'll lose weight without creating dietary imbalances or counting calories.

A balanced diet is a balance of animal protein and animal fats, around 30% protein 60-70% fat very low carbs. That is balance and optimal for micronutrition. The mainstream idea of a "balanced" diet is nothing but a malnourishment diet that will lead to illness.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2022, 10:57:17 AM »
not really, I bought a fourth of a cow for $700, 200 pounds of grass fed beef, you don't need to eat ribeyes all day every day like Dr. Baker.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2022, 11:30:46 AM »
Long term Carnivore is 100% sure fire way to a heart attack per many MD's.

Anyone else has something to sell you

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2022, 11:52:10 AM »
My HDL has always been low.  Only thing I got to spike it over 50 was running.  But, interestingly enough, that didn't drop this time.  But Trig went up 50.

I think running should solve it, but I'm still going more towards hypertrophy's mix, albeit likely less carb.

Triglycerides should go down on a low carb diet.  Carbs make it go up.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2022, 11:54:08 AM »

most of the MDs are brainwashed

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2022, 11:55:01 AM »
Triglycerides should go down on a low carb diet.  Carbs make it go up.

This is why I can't figure out the rise.
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2022, 11:59:24 AM »

I know people who have been on a meat based diet for over 10 years, some over 20 years.  They are very healthy.

Dr. Eric Westman has 20 years of clinical research using a very meat heavy keto diet to reverse heart disease, type 2 diabetes, GERD, PCOS, hypertension, obesity, and many other health conditions for thousands of patients.

CVD = Cardiovascular Disease
"Numerous meta-analyses and systematic reviews of both the historical and current literature reveals that the diet-heart hypothesis was not, and still is not, supported by the evidence. There appears to be no consistent benefit to all-cause or CVD mortality from the reduction of dietary saturated fat. Further, saturated fat has been shown in some cases to have an inverse relationship with obesity-related type 2 diabetes. Rather than focus on a single nutrient, the overall diet quality and elimination of processed foods, including simple carbohydrates, would likely do more to improve CVD and overall health. It is in the best interest of the American public to clarify dietary guidelines to recognize that dietary saturated fat is not the villain we once thought it was."
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30084105/

"High carbohydrate intake was associated with higher risk of total mortality, whereas total fat and individual types of fat were related to lower total mortality. Total fat and types of fat were not associated with cardiovascular disease, myocardial infarction, or cardiovascular disease mortality, whereas saturated fat had an inverse association with stroke. Global dietary guidelines should be reconsidered in light of these findings."
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28864332/

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2022, 12:01:57 PM »
This is why I can't figure out the rise.

I know only one person who has the same issue, but this person is old, has diabetes, some muscle disorder, and many other health issues.  The doctors can't figure out this person's high Triglycerides on a keto diet either.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2022, 12:02:06 PM »

lol, that shit is so outdated, look at the Inuit and other existing tribes, they're thriving on a carnivore diet,  cholesterol doesn't cause heart disease, sugar does, infact sugar is the root to most health ailments.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2022, 12:05:33 PM »

Yup.

Triglycerides/HDL ratio

"Low ratio values such as this one indicate good insulin sensitivity; which means that insulin is doing a great job helping to move glucose and amino acids from the blood into your cells. It also means that you have a relatively low risk of developing prediabetes, type 2 diabetes, and metabolic syndrome. Additionally, low ratios indicate that you have the relatively innocuous ‘large and fluffy’ LDL cholesterol type, which makes you less prone to coronary heart disease (CHD)."
https://www.cooperinstitute.org/2017/11/28/cardiorespiratory-fitness-the-triglyceridehdl-ratio-and-coronary-heart-disease-mortality-risk-in-men

"Elevation in the ratio of TG to HDL-c was the single most powerful predictor of extensive coronary heart disease among all the lipid variables examined."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2664115/

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2022, 12:15:37 PM »
I know only one person who has the same issue, but this person is old, has diabetes, some muscle disorder, and many other health issues.  The doctors can't figure out this person's high Triglycerides on a keto diet either.

I wasn't keto, but hardly high carb, and my sources were good.

I have naturally high numbers genetically.  Last check was three years ago, but my conditioning and running were much better.  I'm  thinking it's that.

Improve conditioning, swap out some of the red meat and elk for salmon and fish, and see what happens.

No overhauls, just tweaks.

Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2022, 12:16:05 PM »

Not necessarily.  Many people already eat plenty of meat with their carbs, 3 or more meals a day.  If they eliminate the carbs, they automatically start eating only once or twice per day.  They'll stop spending money on alcohol, fresh vegetables and fruits, sweets, sugary drinks, medications, supplements, etc.  They'll eat out less too.

That was the case for me and for many people I know.  At worst I'm breaking even. I'm about to eat a pound of 100% beef Whopper patties, with grocery store bought bacon and smoke cheddar...dirty, lazy, affordable, and delicious.   :P

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2022, 12:17:29 PM »
I wasn't keto, but hardly high carb, and my sources were good.

I have naturally high numbers genetically.  Last check was three years ago, but my conditioning and running were much better.  I'm  thinking it's that.

Improve conditioning, swap out some of the red meat and elk for salmon and fish, and see what happens.

No overhauls, just tweaks.

And you are talking about Triglycerides, not LDL, correct?