Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 51227 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2022, 12:26:56 PM »
And you are talking about Triglycerides, not LDL, correct?

My LDL and Triglycerides went up.  62 points on the trig, 89 on the LDL.

I have tests going back to 2013.  These are not quite as bad but 2016-2019 were excellent.

Y

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2022, 12:35:16 PM »
My LDL and Triglycerides went up.  62 points on the trig, 89 on the LDL.

I have tests going back to 2013.  These are not quite as bad but 2016-2019 were excellent.
hdl to triglycerides is the only concern,  what's your hdl?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2022, 12:37:36 PM »
hdl to triglycerides is the only concern,  what's your hdl?

Only 50.   That's always been that way.  Genetic.  Actually, it was 30 until i started running...that got it up to 50+

I'll never get 1-1 ratio.

And thank you KK and loco for answering....much appreciated.

FYI - have followed Dr. Baker a few years on Twitter.
Y

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2022, 01:08:42 PM »

How much freaking meat can you eat? You get sick of the shit. Ergo- you limit your portions, lol And any body who eats 6 pounds of beef a day isn't long for this world.

How do I know? I had kidney issues a few years back from being on keto for a year. When I finally got around to measuring my uric acid (via  24 hour urine collection done at a urologist), my uric acid levels were near supersaturation. I ended up with a stay in the hospital for a week.

Over eating is what makes us fat and gives us a litany of medical issues. Eat less, stay healthy. And any diet extreme in ANY nutrient group will cause issues.

I take potassium citrate, it neutralises the acidity to alkaline

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2022, 01:10:24 PM »
Long term Carnivore is 100% sure fire way to a heart attack per many MD's.

Anyone else has something to sell you

Probably the best way to die

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2022, 01:28:02 PM »
Only 50.   That's always been that way.  Genetic.  Actually, it was 30 until i started running...that got it up to 50+

you should go strict carnivore for 6 weeks, no cheating, just meat, eggs, salt, and water and get labs done.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2022, 01:28:26 PM »
Til Marty C weighs in, this is all just speculation

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2022, 02:10:06 PM »
Tbh I do the anabolic diet, 5 days is ketogenic then 2 days I eat carbs, works pretty good for bodybuilding

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2022, 02:55:16 PM »
Til Marty C weighs in, this is all just speculation

Correct. Until. I hear about heme iron it's all bullshit.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2022, 03:00:14 PM »
Tbh I do the anabolic diet, 5 days is ketogenic then 2 days I eat carbs, works pretty good for bodybuilding
you're better off doing Gironda steak and egg diet

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2022, 03:31:40 PM »
Isn't this was Vince Gironda's (in)famous "Meat and Eggs" diet was?

If memory serves me correctly, Gironda claimed he stayed on this diet for nine months straight and got shredded to the bone (at least by 50s/60s standards). This diet also involves eating pineapple and papaya to help digest the meat. Later you go off the meat and eggs to a day or two and eat salads to cleanse your system.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2022, 03:35:55 PM »
Isn't this was Vince Gironda's (in)famous "Meat and Eggs" diet was?

If memory serves me correctly, Gironda claimed he stayed on this diet for nine months straight and got shredded to the bone (at least by 50s/60s standards). This diet also involves eating pineapple and papaya to help digest the meat. Later you go off the meat and eggs to a day or two and eat salads to cleanse your system.
no Gironda you just eat steak and eggs and every 3-4 days you have a carb refeed meal. Carnivore is just meat, eggs,  salt.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2022, 03:41:13 PM »
no Gironda you just eat steak and eggs and every 3-4 days you have a carb refeed meal. Carnivore is just meat, eggs,  salt.

The carb re-feed is the salad day, isn't it? Again, I'm going off memory; I'd have to dredge up my old IronMan books/magazines to get the particulars. But, I think it's the Hawaiian Diet that you do the pineapple and papaya with the meat.

I do that now. Only I use papaya enzyme pills because I don't like regular papaya (even though my wife has a papaya tree in our backyard); we just gave a couple away a few hours ago.

How long are you supposed to eat this carnivore diet, with no carbs of any kind?

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2022, 04:12:28 PM »
you're better off doing Gironda steak and egg diet
That's a very similar diet, almost the same

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2022, 04:45:57 PM »
There are different versions of the carnivore diet, depending on goals, food tolerance and allergies, and preference.

One version is to eat only low carb animal-based foods:  Meat, eggs, and very low carb dairy.  Honey and milk are not part of this diet because they are too high in carbs.

Another version is eating only meat, no eggs or dairy.  Eggs and casein protein in dairy are inflammatory to some people.

The Lion diet includes nothing but meat from ruminant animals (beef, lamb, goat, etc.), salt, and water.  Some stick to only beef.

Some carnivores insist you must eat liver and other organ meats daily or weekly in order to avoid nutrient deficiencies, others say it's not necessary, yet others say it's dangerous to eat organ meats often and long term because of the high risk of toxicity from vitamin A and other fat soluble vitamins, copper, zinc, and other minerals.

The carnivores I know who have been doing this for 10-20 years don't eat organ meat and they are doing great.  The carnivores I know of who push organ meats usually have been eating like this less than 5 years.  Some of those are not even carnivores anymore because they "didn't feel their best", which makes me believe they were suffering from some type of toxicity from eating so much liver and other organs.

All of the above are considered carnivore diets, and they must be done strictly and consistently long term in order to allow the body to adapt, to see and enjoy the benefits.  Eating like this only five days a week, or 2 weeks on 1 day off, is not going to allow anyone to enjoy the full benefits, especially for those wanting to address health issues with this diet.

What would possess someone to start eating like this and continue to eat like this for life? The majority, if not all, strict carnivores who have been doing this for 10-20 years started because of some health condition they wanted to address: depression, bipolar disorder or other mental condition, autoimmune disorders such as multiple sclerosis, dementia, PCOS, type 2 diabetes, etc.  They were in a living hell and the carnivore diet makes them feel like they are now in heaven.  They'd hate to go back to that living hell, so they stick to the carnivore diet strictly and consistently for life, and they love it.

Animal-based foods are the best sources of carnitine, alpha-lipoic acid, biotin, CoQ10, and other nutrients which are of critical importance for maintaining normal mitochondrial function.  Development and progression of many autoimmune disorders, mental illness, neurological disorders, etc. are due to mitochondrial abnormalities.  This is one of many ways that very meat heavy ketogenic diets and carnivore diets help people with these conditions. 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2022, 04:57:38 PM »
Eat all the meat you want is what most people been doing for years, it will become bland and boring to eat the same ol cooter
A

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2022, 05:16:52 PM »
Carnivore diet is about longevity, why live to be 80 when you can live to be 95?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2022, 05:59:33 PM »
Carnivore diet is about longevity, why live to be 80 when you can live to be 95?
good point just eating more meat you live longer
A

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2022, 06:01:15 PM »

Why stop there?

Go for 150.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2022, 06:07:36 PM »
The carb re-feed is the salad day, isn't it? Again, I'm going off memory; I'd have to dredge up my old IronMan books/magazines to get the particulars. But, I think it's the Hawaiian Diet that you do the pineapple and papaya with the meat.

I do that now. Only I use papaya enzyme pills because I don't like regular papaya (even though my wife has a papaya tree in our backyard); we just gave a couple away a few hours ago.

How long are you supposed to eat this carnivore diet, with no carbs of any kind?
Steak and Eggs diet, Vince recommends a carb meal like pasta every 3-4 days, he had many diets, the Hawaiian diet was one of them. Carnivore diet basically forever, it's the ancestral diet, it's what humans were meant to eat, the proper human diet.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2022, 06:10:45 PM »
Eat all the meat you want is what most people been doing for years, it will become bland and boring to eat the same ol cooter
Marty, serious question how's your digestion? Have you read about plant antinutrients, oxalates, phytates? There's so many former vegan/vegetarians that come to the carnivore diet to heal various health ailments brought on by these plants.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2022, 06:24:55 PM »

Grape Ape, you are welcome!

When I first started a keto diet my Triglycerides dropped by 10 points.  At my next check-up the following year they had shot up by 72 points.

I didn't understand what happened because I knew I had followed the keto diet strictly and consistently, and I knew my Triglycerides were supposed to decrease, not increase like they did.

So I did some research and found the website below, which turns out it's the best source of information regarding everything having to do with lipid testing for people on low carb diets.

For me, the problem turned out to be #1 below.  I had fasted only 9 hours before my blood test.  So the day after my yearly physical test results, I water fasted 12-14 hours and then paid out of pocket for a lipid test at an independent lab the next day.  The results showed my Triglycerides were actually more than 72 points lower than the previews test results showed.

At my next physical, my Triglycerides had dropped by 25 points since I started the keto diet.  My HDL had increased by 6 points.

Take a look and see if any of these could possibly apply to you.

Possible Reasons for High TG
Here is our general checklist of considerations:

1. Confirm you water-only fasted for 12-14 hours before your cholesterol test. (No food, no coffee, just water) The more outside that window you are, the more it can increase your TGs (especially if near a fatty meal).

2. You may have a coffee sensitivity. I know, I know, I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But we’ve found a surprisingly large number of low carbers who see their triglycerides stubbornly high from what appears to be coffee alone. Note this is just a fraction of the coffee drinkers as most of them appear to be doing fine. A great N=1 study was performed by Sean Brennan showing this possible sensitivity in action.

3. You may have “carb leaks”. Get serious about tracking your food. Be really, truly, absolutely sure you’ve accounted for all carbs in the diet. Common unaccounted-for leaks include sauces, spices, beverages, alcohol, and many things labeled “0g Carb” that actually aren’t (rounded down in some nutrition labels) such as some brands of Heavy Whipping Cream. Sometimes you want to use a glucometer to detect what is actually higher carb than you thought. Bottom line: many who have even moderate carbs while on a LCHF diet can see their TGs spike because it’s still too much of an energy surplus.

4. Cut out refined/liquid/concentrated forms of fat. Drop bulletproof coffee, oils, fat shakes, fat bombs, etc. Move toward as much fat from real food sources as possible.

While this is by no means a complete list, these four have been the most common associations we’ve seen to date.

https://cholesterolcode.com/high-tg/

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2022, 06:33:29 PM »
Hong Kong has the highest life expectancy in the world
https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/HKG/hong-kong/life-expectancy

Hong Kong has one of the highest meat consumptions in the world
The HKU research shows that Hong Kong has one of the highest meat consumptions per capita in the world at 664g/day/capita (equivalent to two pieces of 10-oz steak). Pork and beef consumption are the highest, with average daily consumption four times higher than the UK.
https://www.hku.hk/press/news_detail_17940.html

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2022, 06:45:58 PM »
Marty, serious question how's your digestion? Have you read about plant antinutrients, oxalates, phytates? There's so many former vegan/vegetarians that come to the carnivore diet to heal various health ailments brought on by these plants.
collards get rid of mucus and back pain, bananas are a go 2 for energy, i have no need to read how its bad for me , anyone that relies on meat will eventually rely on cafiene thats exactly how i ate as a teen its very limiting unhealthy nothing to clear out morning mucus. Dont torcher yourself
A

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2022, 07:03:48 PM »
collards get rid of mucus and back pain, bananas are a go 2 for energy, i have no need to read how its bad for me , anyone that relies on meat will eventually rely on cafiene thats exactly how i ate as a teen its very limiting unhealthy nothing to clear out morning mucus. Dont torcher yourself
mucus comes from pasteurized milk/dairy, anyone that has mucus problems ditch the dairy and your sinuses will clear up. I quit caffeine all I eat is meat, eggs, and raw dairy. Marty as a kid did you have a lot of raw dairy? You're a big guy, I'm guessing you did.