Author Topic: World Cup  (Read 3396 times)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: World Cup
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2022, 10:26:53 AM »
Viva espana

Fuck England

England will never win anything, they are too concerned about trying to wear a fucking rainbow armband

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2022, 10:56:33 AM »
England will never win anything, they are too concerned about trying to wear a fucking rainbow armband

Agree mate and picking darkies to take penalties for political shite like did in euros

Shearer still played for England last time I gave the slightest fuck about them

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2022, 10:58:24 AM »
And the fucking Germans too. Include those fuckers in there too. Glad they lost!

Dalnet

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2022, 11:55:08 AM »
World Cup shit in winter doesn't feel right watching it far better in summer. Fuck England hoping Spain wins

X2. I hope England do shit, tbh. Too political - too whiney. I could care less about woke athletes, now.

Dalnet

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2022, 11:57:24 AM »

This. The manager tried the whole "let's get 3 box tickers to take penalties to prove a point" in the Euros when there were more experienced penalty takers with a better proven record available. This clearly backfired, and he was surprised at the reaction thereafter. The media typically back him up.

I'm all for equality but when it's constantly pushed in your face it's all so tiresome.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2022, 12:13:01 PM »
I’m thinking a grand total of 5 points will be scored by all teams during the entire beauty pageant. Maybe 6.
a

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2022, 12:18:06 PM »
Spain looks unstoppable.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2022, 12:22:55 PM »
0 interest in watching
T

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2022, 01:47:41 PM »
I’m thinking a grand total of 5 points will be scored by all teams during the entire beauty pageant. Maybe 6.

Spain already scored 7 in their first match

Aside form that these euro and American teams are all political with their BS

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2022, 03:01:40 PM »
Agree mate and picking darkies to take penalties for political shite like did in euros

Shearer still played for England last time I gave the slightest fuck about them

Rashford scored a goal the other week, his first in I dont know how many games.
Headlines read "That should get him into the England team"

One fucking goal?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2022, 03:02:56 PM »
This. The manager tried the whole "let's get 3 box tickers to take penalties to prove a point" in the Euros when there were more experienced penalty takers with a better proven record available. This clearly backfired, and he was surprised at the reaction thereafter. The media typically back him up.

I'm all for equality but when it's constantly pushed in your face it's all so tiresome.

Or maybe hes racist, knew they would get a lot of shit after missing

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2022, 08:36:56 PM »
waste of time

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2022, 11:19:44 PM »
Soccer is an extremely boring sport. Almost as boring as baseball.

X

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2022, 11:51:38 PM »
Soccer is an extremely boring sport. Almost as boring as baseball.

At least they are sports though, right?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2022, 12:39:19 PM »
At least they are sports though, right?

Are you implying that bodybuilding is not a sport?
X

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2022, 12:42:26 PM »
Are you implying that bodybuilding is not a sport?
Bodybuilding, is vanity, gluttony, and drug abuse.

Health and fitness is different.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2022, 02:00:29 PM »
gayer than a "nil-nil draw."

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2022, 02:02:01 PM »
hahahaha England 0-0 USA

fucks sake they are happy they got a fucking point

Thats exactly why they will never win anything

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2022, 04:29:31 PM »
hahahaha England 0-0 USA

;D

Zero to zero. WTF?  I scored that many points today. My cat “Biscuit” scores that many points.

How the fuck do you show up for your job and do NOTHING? Zero.
a

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2022, 04:54:25 PM »
hahahaha England 0-0 USA

You know what, soccer wasn't even on my radar, until my 20's. I actually enjoyed it. It happened once every four years, and you literally felt the importance.

I'm starting to think why soccer is so popular, and divisive, is that the U.S. is clearly not number 1.

It's one of those things....hang your hat on that.

delon

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2022, 06:24:13 PM »
* Its cheap and open to everyone to see if they have ability, there is some truth in the poverty ball phrasing but the upside of that is that the talent pool is exponentially greater
* Its highly skilled at the top level due to the above point re global talent pool
* Money is big for the top level talent due to worldwide interest
* It basically continuous movement unlike a lot of other sports. That also means there isnt annoying ad break stoppages every few minutes, there are literally none during the game itself
* Its done in 90 minutes
* Team set up and formation allows for tactical engagement and interest for those so inclined
* This is obviously more subjective but the nature of the play is interesting itself ,and so you don't need frequent goals as a result: if simply scoring points was the source of sporting enjoyment then basketball should be everyone's favourite. In essence all winter field sports are variations on the same basic concept ie team with ball aims to work ball up to other end of field to score,while the other side attempts to stop them. Soccer is no different so not an outlier in that respect
* The flipside of infrequent scoring is that a goal is often hugely consequential and induces mass euphoria, see EPL crowds. In addition it means that a lot more games remain competitive until the end unlike an NFLor NBA  blow out for eg
* Its extremely tribal both at a local derby level, and internationally based on genuine war and geopolitical grudges. The hate is very real and that always works for sporting interest

I'm not a mega fan but I do enjoy it and just giving some reasons as to its appeal. I get that for a lot of people seeing scoreless draw results doesnt inspire: it doesn't inspire fans as well but boring games happen in all sports. England won their first game 6-2 which if given a 7 point NFL equivalent is a 42-14 result for context

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2022, 06:43:13 PM »
* Its cheap and open to everyone to see if they have ability, there is some truth in the poverty ball phrasing but the upside of that is that the talent pool is exponentially greater
* Its highly skilled at the top level due to the above point re global talent pool
* It basically continuous movement unlike a lot of other sports. That also means there isnt annoying ad break stoppages every few minutes, there are literally none during the game itself
* Its done in 90 minutes
* Team set up and formation allows for tactical engagement and interest for those so inclined
* This is obviously more subjective but the nature of the play is interesting itself ,and so you don't need frequent goals as a result: if simply scoring points was the source of sporting enjoyment then basketball should be everyone's favourite. In essence all winter field sports are variations on the same basic concept ie team with ball aims to work ball up to other end of field to score,while the other side attempts to stop them. Soccer is no different so not an outlier in that respect
* The flipside of infrequent scoring is that a goal is often hugely consequential and induces mass euphoria, see EPL crowds. In addition it means that a lot more games remain competitive until the end unlike an NFLor NBA  blow out for eg
* Its extremely tribal both at a local derby level, and internationally based on genuine war and geopolitical grudges. The hate is very real and that always works for sporting interest

I'm not a mega fan but I do enjoy it and just giving some reasons as to its appeal. I get that for a lot of people seeing scoreless draw results doesnt inspire: it doesn't inspire fans as well but boring games happen in all sports. England won their first game 6-2 which if given a 7 point NFL equivalent is a 42-14 result for context

should at least call out and penalize all the dam fake injuries and flopping....

and have every single tie game go to penalty kicks

ties are bullshit

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2022, 06:46:33 PM »
Soccer sucks.

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2022, 07:24:46 PM »
Soccer is just Okay to watch.

It can be kind of wimpy compared to other sports at times, but the biggest problem are the offsides calls.

They need to tweak the rule because it kills the excitement and opportunities.

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2022, 11:23:13 PM »
* Its done in 90 minutes

Solid post.