• Getbig II
GNC
« on: June 01, 2006, 02:52:45 PM »

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: GNC
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 03:02:01 PM »

Dude...what the HELL are you doing going to GNC? Oh...you must be a newbie...based on the purchase of 'weight gainer' and the fact you actually have a Gold Card and spend money at GNC...yea...you're a newbie alright.

Keep getting ripped off...Gold Card or not. It's your lack of resources and money. Rock on!
?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 03:20:09 PM »

I concur, WOOO...

How much you want to bet 'Sugarbear' here trains CHEST on Monday nights and picked up the latest copy of FLEX to get his BIG GUNS By Summer routine which he clipped out w/ scissors and is currently doing to a 'T' in the gym...or buddys basement w/ the weider 5000PRO home gym and assorted hex dumbbells.
?

Sommy

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 07:38:29 PM »

Need to stick with Vitamin Shoppe all the way.  Prices pretty much as low as online, plus no shipping.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 07:45:12 PM »
Need to stick with Vitamin Shoppe all the way.  Prices pretty much as low as online, plus no shipping.

Lol, but unless you live in Delaware you still pay sales tax.

phil444

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 06:41:54 AM »
actually i shop at the gnc on the military base and get good deals when ever someone else is working the counter.
and no i don't buy any magazines cuz i can't bring myself to spend the money on them
when there only good for 2 hours of reading if that.
third i don't follow a routine and i'm still stronger than all of you!

There you go, that's you told.  ;D ;D ;D

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 12:41:51 PM »

Naaa...I dont think so sugarpoo...

Tru gangstas dont shop at GNC. PEROID. Tru gangstas ALSO dont rat on people or 'report' people and trick on people.

GNC/Vitamin Shop are the same...keep getting ripped off. Lack of resources 'newbie'. BooYa!
?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 06:53:46 PM »
I took a walk into GNC once and i was looking at the little bottles of Vaso XP and the others that are locked up behind bullet proof glass with 200 dollar price tags and the guy working was like i don't use that stuff im pure natural! the way he said it and how he looked kinda like he got a spray on tan that went really bad, his jelled up hair and white button up shirt trying to look really big....i just started uncontrollably laughing.....when i finally stopped i looked up at him standing there and i just started laughing again so i had to leave. As i walked away laughing I kinda felt bad. then once i was outta the store i looked back at him standing there in a front lat spread the laughs just kept coming. I guess you had to be there but O-Natural made me laugh more than anything else. shit im laughing just typing this.
bodybuildersreality.com

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 08:06:42 PM »
in conclusion.....GNC sucks.
bodybuildersreality.com

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 05:08:54 PM »
Sugarbear (and others new to this board)

I’m going to offer you some friendly advice.
Plenty of people here shop at GNC.  Are there more economical sources for supplements?  Absolutely.  Are there better resources for supplemental information?  No doubt.  Do guys here get lambasted when they mention it?  Generally not.

The reason you got flamed (and quite mildly I might add) was because of the tone of your first post (and subsequent posts)(you’ve since deleted).  It was not helpful advice warning people to pay attention to their entitled discount, it was about the “stupid (expletive) cashier” and how enraged you became and getting in her face.

You’re a newbie here, people don’t know you, nor do you know them.  To come in like some raging bad ass with no prior history of helpfulness or humbleness and then to engage in a pissing match is asking for it.  There are plenty of other forums here and elsewhere for that.

There are a lot of seasoned, knowledgeable, and helpful people around here.  Show respect and get it in return.  We expect nothing more and accept nothing less.

Welcome aboard.

Cheers!
 :)
:

4thAD

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 06:16:35 PM »
There are some small comunities in this great country of ours that have no other choice but GNC! I personally dont use GNC because I do not live in one of the above referenced comunities! If you want one product it might be worth it to purchase at GNC to avoid shipping costs over the internet! 10-4 over and out!

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 12:47:58 PM »
Thank god for some of the great independent stores.  Ive walked into GNC's just to take a look and most guys dont even know what half the stuff is.  Last week in fact I forgot my protein so I went to one by my work to get a protein drink.  The guy looked at me and said "Dude your big enough you dont need anymore testosterone"  I laughed and said dude this is protein.

bigmanforlife

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 04:46:21 PM »
Everyone knows that GNC is expensive.  Looking on the net you can easily get most stuff 40% less.  I have bought stuff at a GNC.  They are locally owned by people from your community.  Personally our GNC is over priced (like every GNC), but they have specials in the newpaper.  You call up and get a $25 coupon for $40 dollars worth of merchandise, and if i get a friend with a gold card, and get something reasonably priced, I just came out with a deal. So you guys all bent out of shape over GNC may be missing a bargain if you looked (and I didnt look hard)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 02:12:14 AM »

Plenty of people here shop at GNC.  Are there more economical sources for supplements?  Absolutely.  Are there better resources for supplemental information?  No doubt.  Do guys here get lambasted when they mention it?  Generally not.

The reason you got flamed (and quite mildly I might add) was because of the tone of your first post (and subsequent posts)(you’ve since deleted).  It was not helpful advice warning people to pay attention to their entitled discount, it was about the “stupid (expletive) cashier” and how enraged you became and getting in her face.

You’re a newbie here, people don’t know you, nor do you know them.  To come in like some raging bad ass with no prior history of helpfulness or humbleness and then to engage in a pissing match is asking for it.  There are plenty of other forums here and elsewhere for that.

There are a lot of seasoned, knowledgeable, and helpful people around here.  Show respect and get it in return.  We expect nothing more and accept nothing less.

Welcome aboard.

Cheers!

True indeed!!

I shop at GNC frequently. As far as the prices are concerned, I think it depends on the products you seek. For all the talk about online stores, I've yet to see one where the price for one of my favorite supplements, CELL-TECH, is less than that at GNC. The going price for a 7-lb jug is $60 ($48, when you use a Gold Card). And, I've NEVER seen any online store offer CELL-TECH for as low as $20.

Of course, that's the markdown for the 7-lb jugs of the old CELL-TECH formula, which have likely been cleaned out by now. But, if I find anymore, I intend to scoop them up. The best scenario is when you find the marked-down items during the first week of the month. Had I done so with the aforementioned jugs of CELL-TECH, I would have paid only $16 each for them.

I also got to try V-12, courtesy of GNC's markdown (along with V-12 Turbo being pushed, with VAULT on its way to the market, at that time). My best deals have been with the protein drinks, specifically RTDs (IsoPure, NITRO-TECH, ABBs Drinks, MET-Rx, etc).

Good deals are where you find them, and in my opinion, wise shoppers use various sources....INCLUDING GNC.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 02:41:28 AM »

Welcome aboard.

Cheers!

Dear Princess...

How did a nice webboard like you end up working in a girl like this?

My posts in this thread were suicided....  :(

Will this one be next?

Time will tell.

GNC sells a lot of gimmicks...

Online prices + delievery to my house is far superior...

I need more coffee

;D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 11:05:28 AM »

Dear Princess...

How did a nice webboard like you end up working in a girl like this?

My posts in this thread were suicided....  :(

Will this one be next?

Time will tell.

GNC sells a lot of gimmicks...

Online prices + delievery to my house is far superior...

I need more coffee

;D

Dear WOOO,

Wasn’t me dear and quite frankly, I don’t agree with the fact that they were deleted.  I do not delete or modify something just because someone asks.  Rules were not violated IMO.  Apparently, when the ‘report to mod’ button is used; all mods for that board get notified.

I received no less than six requests to delete posts within this thread or delete it in it’s entirety.  I considered addressing things privately, however, the more belligerent and demanding the requester became, I felt it appropriate to address it publicly ~ hence the “friendly advice” post ~ which probably doesn't make a whole lotta sense taken out of context now that so much has been removed  :-\

Those who have participated in this thread from the beginning know what I’m talking about and I hope understand the intent of advice and agree with my reasoning.
:

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 11:28:41 AM »

I feel ya, Princess L...

I didnt know 'Mens Exercise' was offensive to some people...I kept it cool and subtle and very modest. Imagine if 'Sugar' took it on the chin like DA does...(no pun intended).
?